Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
Anyone have any thoughts on D. Watson going forward?

I know the Pats D kinda sucks, but goddamn did Watson look elusive. It kind of feels like his floor will be 30-40 rushing yards a game, which ain't nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
IDP dudes, is Burfict any good fantasy wise? First year in a while with IDP team.

I have Keuchly + Wagner at D, with Landon Collins at DB. Been satisfied with Keuchly and Wagner so far. Dropping Sproles for someone and not sure if i should grab him.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Luke is an IDP stud in typical IDP scoring.
What would you say is typical IDP scoring? My league added a single IDP spot this year as an experiment and may expand it next year but IDP scoring systems I found seemed pretty varied so I just went with what felt right.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

VietCampo posted:

IDP dudes, is Burfict any good fantasy wise? First year in a while with IDP team.

I have Keuchly + Wagner at D, with Landon Collins at DB. Been satisfied with Keuchly and Wagner so far. Dropping Sproles for someone and not sure if i should grab him.

He's a monster in pretty much all senses of the word. Prolly a top 10 IDP pick without the suspension.

To the guy asking about Kwon or Shazier they are both extremely good but Kwons hamstring is the issue. Those can linger. When he comes back he's gonna feast especially since Lavonte David will be out a while but I don't know if you'd want to take up the bench slot with him. Can you start both when he is healthy? Even if not I don't like the idea of anyone else having either of those guys if I can afford to keep both.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

on the bored wop posted:

What would you say is typical IDP scoring? My league added a single IDP spot this year as an experiment and may expand it next year but IDP scoring systems I found seemed pretty varied so I just went with what felt right.

The All IDP league started out with rules based on this article: https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/the-pff-idp-scoring-system-revisited

This year we've adjusted the rules to be more big play oriented, giving higher points to sacks and interceptions. I think the scoring is working out but it's still early and I haven't heard anything from the other teams yet either way.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Epi Lepi posted:

He's a monster in pretty much all senses of the word. Prolly a top 10 IDP pick without the suspension.

To the guy asking about Kwon or Shazier they are both extremely good but Kwons hamstring is the issue. Those can linger. When he comes back he's gonna feast especially since Lavonte David will be out a while but I don't know if you'd want to take up the bench slot with him. Can you start both when he is healthy? Even if not I don't like the idea of anyone else having either of those guys if I can afford to keep both.

Would you start him over either of Keuchly or Wagner?

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

VietCampo posted:

Not over Luke maybe over Wagner. He may be a lovely person but he's IDP gold. I wouldn't drop either for him though considering his massive suspension risk.

Epi Lepi posted:

The All IDP league started out with rules based on this article: https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/the-pff-idp-scoring-system-revisited

This year we've adjusted the rules to be more big play oriented, giving higher points to sacks and interceptions. I think the scoring is working out but it's still early and I haven't heard anything from the other teams yet either way.

It's frustrating but I still manage to enjoy it. Leagues using IDP's tend to go by those rules from what I've seen.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

VietCampo posted:

Depending on matchup I might. It's hard to make that decision without knowing how he's gonna slot back into the defense post suspension. Kuechly could get another concussion and miss the rest of the season so there's that "injury risk."

That's a poo poo answer but pretty much if there's garbage on offense on your waiver I'd probably do it. You really don't need to though if there's a lotto ticket you'd rather have.

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

What's the best way to flip Stefon Diggs? I feel like now is the time to sell high on him, and I really, really need help at RB. Here's my team (1 PPR, flex is W/R/T)

QB: Aaron Rodgers, Joe Flacco
RB: C. Thompson, D. Sproles (RIP), T. West, A. Abdullah
WR: J. Nelson, L. Fitzgerald, S. Diggs, J.J. Nelson
TE: J. Reed (RIP the Second), E. Ebron
K: Tucker
D/ST: NYG

I also started the season with Woodhead, so my injury history isn't great.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Arcturas posted:

What's the best way to flip Stefon Diggs? I feel like now is the time to sell high on him, and I really, really need help at RB. Here's my team (1 PPR, flex is W/R/T)

QB: Aaron Rodgers, Joe Flacco
RB: C. Thompson, D. Sproles (RIP), T. West, A. Abdullah
WR: J. Nelson, L. Fitzgerald, S. Diggs, J.J. Nelson
TE: J. Reed (RIP the Second), E. Ebron
K: Tucker
D/ST: NYG

I also started the season with Woodhead, so my injury history isn't great.

Man, I'm not sure you can spare him. Your WRs are bad too. If you can get a top 5ish RB, sure, go for it. But Diggs in full PPR will probably outscore many of the RBs I'm expecting you could get.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

RVProfootballer posted:

Man, I'm not sure you can spare him. Your WRs are bad too. If you can get a top 5ish RB, sure, go for it. But Diggs in full PPR will probably outscore many of the RBs I'm expecting you could get.

Yeah this dude is right. Why do you have Flacco? Is it 2 QB? I'd drop him for someone like Smallwood or Foreman. Why do you have Fitz and JJ Nelson? I'd pray Nelson has a good game and try to sell him for someone like Bilal Powell.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

pubic works project posted:

Yeah this dude is right. Why do you have Flacco? Is it 2 QB? I'd drop him for someone like Smallwood or Foreman. Why do you have Fitz and JJ Nelson? I'd pray Nelson has a good game and try to sell him for someone like Bilal Powell.

Bilal Powell is barely startable. If someone offered me JJ Nelson for him I would take that offer in a heartbeat.

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Flacco was my 15th round backup QB pick. I'll probably stream a replacement QB for Rodgers' bye week, but I get all antsy without backups for positions. Fitz I drafted because he looked good, JJ Nelson was a waiver pickup. Maybe I'll drop Ebron and Flacco to continue trawling the wire this week in the hopes that I get someone I can package into an alright RB.

And thanks for the advice on Diggs in a full PPR league. I am just nervous because he's blown up against really crappy pass defenses, but he has a string of higher-quality defenses coming up.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

Epi Lepi posted:

Thanks, I'll try to read that soon!

So far I've been rolling with Jatavis Brown and he's been doing okay. Since this was our league's first year with IDP I put their scoring about on par with TEs, maybe a little less, sort of like a training wheels year.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Bilal Powell is barely startable. If someone offered me JJ Nelson for him I would take that offer in a heartbeat.

Okay well maybe someone like Gore or Duke Johnson. I just threw out Powell's name cuz he scored a TD.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

wow I've heard people talk about having Tacos in their league but holy poo poo, the team that's made the most moves in my league (almost double the next most) somehow has found himself with 4 QBs and 1 RB. That's right, he had an empty RB slot this week. And we can only play 1 QB... He's going to lose this week by like 10 points too

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
Give: Rob Kelley, Demarco Murray
Get: Stefon Diggs

My other RBs: Ezekiel Elliot, Carlos Hyde, Lamar Miller, Tevin Coleman
My WRs: Emmanuel Sanders, Golden Tate, Marquise Lee, Allen Hurns, Rashard Higgins

I feel Demarco Murray sucks now so I take that, right? No PPR.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Murmur Twin posted:

Give: Rob Kelley, Demarco Murray
Get: Stefon Diggs

My other RBs: Ezekiel Elliot, Carlos Hyde, Lamar Miller, Tevin Coleman
My WRs: Emmanuel Sanders, Golden Tate, Marquise Lee, Allen Hurns, Rashard Higgins

I feel Demarco Murray sucks now so I take that, right? No PPR.

Demarco just put up 120 yards and a touchdown against Seattle

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

RVProfootballer posted:

Demarco just put up 120 yards and a touchdown against Seattle

I guess my fear was that those numbers were inflated by that one touchdown run and outside of it he's been unspectacular? Fair enough though.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Rob Kelley + Diggs barely = DMC

Do not do that.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

That feeling when you win, but 4 of your spots combined add up to -1.8 points

Two take aways.

I grabbed Orleans Darkwa for my kicker earlier this week and almost forgot to drop him to add a kicker before the week started. Guess that was a good move. :suicide:

I also had Sammy Watkins and Chris Hogan on my bench who combined for another 46 points, because of course they did.

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

OxySnake posted:

I also had Sammy Watkins and Chris Hogan on my bench who combined for another 46 points, because of course they did.

I won my matchup by a mile this week but missed out on most points in the league by 4 (which pays out $50 a week) with Watkins, Howard, and Cousins on my bench...

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Dez Watch!

Tonight: 2 catches, 12 yards, 1 touchdown. The touchdown was monstrous and well worth watching. Overall, Dak did not look his way too much thanks to being followed by Pat Pete.

through 3 games:
11 catches, 114 yards, 2 touchdowns.
He has been WR52, WR13 and WR41 so far.
His 7.8 fantasy points per game has him as WR34 on the year, behind Pierre Garcon, Allen Hurns and Rishard Matthews

Next week's prognosis: Good! Trumaine Johnson won't stop him. The only question is if FS LaMarcus Joyner (previously top-25 PFF CB) brackets him and helps to shut him down as Dak looks elsewhere.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

I'm mad I sat Fitzgerald for Nelson at the last minute. I still won 160-96 but I could've been north of 190 :mad:

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

It was a valiant effort but it wasn't meant to be. I only had 1 point I could have gained from my bench, and my opponent actually had Sammy Watkins on his bench, which I guess the outcome would have been the same whether he played him or not. As soon as I saw Todd Gurley's score on Thursday I knew it'd be tough to beat that.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt
Still had a chance to win at half last night even with Diggs, Watkins, and T. Taylor on the bench.

Unfortunately Dak pulled his head out of his rear end and decided to do decent and beat me.

Next week I'm starting those 3 so I can come back in here bitching about how they sucked.

Love Fantasy.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Spoeank posted:

Dez Watch!

Tonight: 2 catches, 12 yards, 1 touchdown. The touchdown was monstrous and well worth watching. Overall, Dak did not look his way too much thanks to being followed by Pat Pete.

through 3 games:
11 catches, 114 yards, 2 touchdowns.
He has been WR52, WR13 and WR41 so far.
His 7.8 fantasy points per game has him as WR34 on the year, behind Pierre Garcon, Allen Hurns and Rishard Matthews

Next week's prognosis: Good! Trumaine Johnson won't stop him. The only question is if FS LaMarcus Joyner (previously top-25 PFF CB) brackets him and helps to shut him down as Dak looks elsewhere.

As a Lamarcus Joyner IDP owner, this will be an injury-watch situation as he went out last game with a hammy.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Wilson is on waivers for some reason, drop Luck or Rivers for him?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Jose Valasquez posted:

Wilson is on waivers for some reason, drop Luck or Rivers for him?

Yes to both. Drop Rivers, trade Luck.

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

Lost by 1.38 points. Zeke having positive yards going into the half would have helped :smith:

what also would have helped would have been playing Howard over Cohen or Winston over Carr

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum
Why did I drop Smallwood?? I swear every year I drop a player right before the starter gets hurt

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Arcturas posted:

Flacco was my 15th round backup QB pick. I'll probably stream a replacement QB for Rodgers' bye week, but I get all antsy without backups for positions.

Right, but maybe if you had spent useless backup qb and te picks on rb lottery tickets, your team wouldnt be such a mess.

I agree with the "don't flip diggs unless its for a tier 1a RB" advice
Who was your first round pick? Jordy? Is this a keeper league? How many teams?

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Someone just dropped Crowell in my 10 man league.

Standard scoring 0 ppr

Should I pick him up?

Current RB's: Cook, Hunt, Martin, & B. Allen

If I should grab him, who should I drop? Other options are J Crowder or A Jeffery

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

You don't have anyone else you could drop besides those two?

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

RCarr posted:

You don't have anyone else you could drop besides those two?

Team:
Siemian
Cook
Hunt
Evans
J. Jones
D. Walker
TY Hilton
Jags
Santos

Bench:
D Martin
B Allen
J Crowder
A Jeffery
D. Thomas

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
If not, Buck or Crowder are fine to drop for Crowell

TheFace
Oct 4, 2004

Fuck anyone that doesn't wanna be this beautiful
I'm currently fairly stacked at WR but outside of Dalvin Cook my RB situation sucks... Looking for what you all think I might be able to pull off trade wise, maybe a suggestion on who might be potential targets for a trade so I can see if any of them are on teams that need WR help. (1 PPR)

WR I have:
OBJ
Amari Cooper
Alshon Jeffery
Rishard Matthews
Willie Snead

My RB situation currently
Dalvin Cook (only solid starter)
Powell (maybe get more touches if Forte is actually out)
Fat Rob (still Q due to ribs)
Perine (picked up off Waivers as a backup to Rob last week)
Rex Burkhead

There is absolutely poo poo on the waiver wire for RB.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

RVProfootballer posted:

If not, Buck or Crowder are fine to drop for Crowell

Yea I agree with this. Would probably lean Crowder.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

RCarr posted:

It is done. Hopefully he makes for a decent bye week filler (and they actually aren't a thousand points behind after the 1st quarter)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

RCarr posted:

Agreed, especially given those bench WRs and that it's 0 PPR

• Locked thread