Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I'm just so, so tired of the Shield guys. Overexposed in every way the past 3 years, and even if there's a good storyline reason (there isn't), I couldn't give two shits about a reunion. 2/3 of them already reunited anyway, and one still uses their music and gear.

Basically I don't miss the Shield because the Shield never loving went away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Sheamus and Cesaro will absolutely be involved because it's obvious Seth and Dean aren't done feuding with them yet. Another potential candidate is a returning Joe. This all assumes, btw, that that tweet is actually correct.

was this posted before the ppv when miz said he was going to interview reigns and ask about the shield

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

KungFu Grip posted:

was this posted before the ppv when miz said he was going to interview reigns and ask about the shield

No but Miz gets used as a vehicle for other feuds all the time.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
The most frustrating thing about the inevitable Roman Brock match at Wrestlemania is the little bit of hope I've gotten with the Joe and Braun builds. Yeah I knew in my head Joe would lose, but the build was good, and there was a chance that they'd realize a year build with a barely there champ was a bad idea. With Braun yeah he'll probably lose, but maybe they realize he's over like crazy and change plans. drat they make me feel like an idiot.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Benne posted:

Basically I don't miss the Shield because the Shield never loving went away.

Yep

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
Like when the Shield music hits no one will care because everyone will think it's just Roman coming out. I guess they'll do Sierra Hotel India to elicit the proper response.

Seth and Ambrose have to lose the tag titles to reunite the Shield I think.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
The Shield must reunite to stop the new Wyatt family which is now comprised of Bray Wyatt, Finn Balor as the Demon, and that guy with the giant hands from NXT

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Marquis de Pyro posted:

The Shield must reunite to stop the new Wyatt family which is now comprised of Bray Wyatt, Finn Balor as the Demon, and that guy with the giant hands Velveteen Dream from NXT

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

its been like three weeks since the shield broke up and they have orbited each other constantly ever since who could possibly care about a reunion. just play their theme on youtube once or twice

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Super No Vacancy posted:

its been like three weeks since the shield broke up and they have orbited each other constantly ever since who could possibly care about a reunion. just play their theme on youtube once or twice

They play the shields theme on raw every single week as it is

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

I don't give a fuuuuuck about the shield. Reunite them or don't, whatever, that magic is gone and the characters are all dorks now.

Maybe Seth and Dean will go back to dressing like Roman though!! :haw:

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I'm guessing the reason to bring back The Shield will be Braun, Sheamus, and Cesaro. And I'm not gonna lie, if I had to construct a heel faction that necessitates a Shield reunion that'd probably be high on the list of trios I'd pick to do it.

Well, Dean answered Braun's open challenge for no apparent reason....:smug:

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!
Shield vs. new wyatt family with bray as the doddering old charlie manson like leader who doesn't fight, and finn, aleister black [hail satan] and velveteen dream who gets so aroused by satan that he becomes a hedonistic sex demon would be pretty great.

Except boring loving dean, roman and seth will win for some reason no one understands.

Whatever, hail satan

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

I don't get it, is @chillhartman a reliable source, cause all he posted was 3 seconds of the Shield back when they used the scratch WWE logo, is this a reliable source at all?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Barreft posted:

I don't get it, is @chillhartman a reliable source, cause all he posted was 3 seconds of the Shield back when they used the scratch WWE logo, is this a reliable source at all?

Chris James 2 posted:

Pro Wrestling Sheet reporter

The site's broken a lot of WWE news for a while, just broke the Jeff Hardy injury news this weekend if you want Super Recent stuff. If he's hearing talk, talk's happening

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Hartman is reliable

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Barreft posted:

Very much so.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

The last time I watched Raw all the way through was when the Shield broke up. Even then, I don't give a dang about a Shield Reunion

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
I'm excited about the Shield.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
literally doesn't matter who they're fighting. it will be really good

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Bard Maddox posted:

I'm excited about the Shield.

I also am as well excited for the Shield.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

I hope Dean gains back 30 lbs of muscle and stops being zany.

Shield should be what they once were: come out, beat people up, leave. But I just know it's going to be just to suck off Roman Reigns so I expect a lot of Dean/Seth getting beat up only for THE BIG DOG to save them every time.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I watched RAW for the first time in months and stuck with it for all three hours.

My only real takeaway was that the Enzo/Neville/CW segment was good and had me interested in 205. But from the sounds of this thread people expect that to not continue and for Neville and Enzo to be separated so...

Maybe I'll give SD a shot tonight.

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.
Dave was speculating that Neville/Enzo will be revisited later on, but I really thought that segment was a send off for Neville to do something else.

I wouldn't be surprised for him to accept the US Open Challenge in the near future for example.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

I'm glad Neville was freed from the cruisers to go back to being a babyface loser with the rest of the roster

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

At the time, without any major context, I could see it going either way. Either Neville ditches 205 since he can't win the belt and leaves them to Enzo or he hangs around determined to get the belt off Enzo like some vigilante anti-hero. I totally get why people expect the former but the latter is the one that actually seemed like a story I could get into.

That's my problem with WWE. I turn on an episode of RAW randomly and I come in fully expecting to be a little lost as far as stories but hoping that a couple of stories hook me to see what happens next. None of the Divas things seemed that compelling and the Mickie/Alexa thing almost seemed to be presented as a placeholder for Asuka. The Bayley/Sasha thing didn't seem to move forward and I wasn't sucked in by the backstage segment. Ambrose/Braun and the subsequent Ambrose/Rollins segment were amusing but seems like a rehab assignment for Braun's heat. All the tag stuff felt kind of by the numbers and no story to it. Miz is an effective douchey heel but Reigns isn't a compelling face in peril, and the REALLY overt SHIELD reunion foreshadowing just don't excite me (and seemed a tad desperate).

The Enzo/Neville thing was the one thing that really made me thing "That's good, I want to see what comes next." It makes sense what you guys are saying that Neville moves on, it just ends up undercutting my one real takeaway.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Faustian Bargain posted:

I hope Dean gains back 30 lbs of muscle and stops being zany.

Shield should be what they once were: come out, beat people up, leave. But I just know it's going to be just to suck off Roman Reigns so I expect a lot of Dean/Seth getting beat up only for THE BIG DOG to save them every time.

I went back and watched some old Shield stuff a couple of weeks ago. I miss Seth doing big insane spots, Dean being a better wrestler than he is now and Roman coming out for the hot tag and doing nothing else. It is really impressive how badly they screwed up each of them.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

bradzilla posted:

I'm glad Neville was freed from the cruisers to go back to being a babyface loser with the rest of the roster

It's not like he can never hold the belt again, he just can't face Enzo for it. That was the gimmick, right?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Djarum posted:

I went back and watched some old Shield stuff a couple of weeks ago. I miss Seth doing big insane spots, Dean being a better wrestler than he is now and Roman coming out for the hot tag and doing nothing else. It is really impressive how badly they screwed up each of them.

roman was a lot better at promos when he said seven words a week

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

projecthalaxy posted:

BELIEVE THAT.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Cabbit posted:

It's not like he can never hold the belt again, he just can't face Enzo for it. That was the gimmick, right?

That seems to be the case. So, if the cruiserweights (and BRAUN) continue to rough up Enzo after every show, he'll be dropping the title within two weeks and Neville can then face Vacant for the title.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I want the Monster Among Cruiserweights Braun Stroman to win the CW title

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Endless Mike posted:

I still think Titus as a shady Don King promoter/manager type paying people off to get Apollo on 205 Live and cheating all his weigh-ins could work as a storyline.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Aphrodite posted:

I still think Titus as a shady Don King promoter/manager type paying people off to get Apollo on 205 Live and cheating all his weigh-ins could work as a storyline.

This is good

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I just want Braun to win all the titles except for the Raw Women's because Alexa should keep that.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Endless Mike posted:

BELIEVE THAT.

Similarly, the only good roman promo of the past few years was "its my yard now"

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Endless Mike posted:

I want Braun to have a really unexpected Crusierweight Best friend like Noam Dar and they can be friends forever.

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!
I want them to harken back to the Good Old Days and find a midget who looks exactly like a miniature braun strowman and then have him demolish the cruiserweight division.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Platypus Farm posted:

I want them to harken back to the Good Old Days and find a midget who looks exactly like a miniature braun strowman and then have him demolish the cruiserweight division.

Neville's already in the CW division though? Just needs more beard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

projecthalaxy posted:

Roman probably would've gotten over better if they didn't insist on trying to make him John Cena Lite and just let him be a destroyer badass man-of-few-words.