Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Yeah, sure as heck don't want to miss out on that extra blue engram five levels below your current power!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Bettyspagh3tt1 posted:

Faction rally is gonna make you destroy supply caches in lost sectors. You can just repeat the same one 5x, the supplies are always there.

Are these supply caches throughout the game? I'm only level 13, should I be looking for these everywhere, or is it a specific mission?

Vintersorg posted:

I can't wait for the PC version when I can yell at idiots for smashing through an event and skipping the heroic side.

Also, what does this mean? Should you not complete an event as fast as possible?

RCarr fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Sep 26, 2017

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Or the increased xp and glimmer

Duhhhhhhhhhh ya dumb fucker :cheeky:

RCarr posted:

Also, what does this mean? Should you not complete an event as fast as possible?

Heroic gives more XP, glimmer and a higher chance at exotics/legendaries.

For the walker one - if you kill the first one too fast you don't have a chance to open the 3 bubbles up.

Vintersorg fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Sep 26, 2017

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.

RCarr posted:

Are these supply caches throughout the game? I'm only level 13, should I be looking for these everywhere, or is it a specific mission?

The heroic public events require doing a specific task for each one. For the walker one, if you kill the walker before depositing all 6 arc orbs you won't get the heroic event.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Most people seem to know the activations now at least

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Yeah except the injection rig and the taken blight. People seem to have trouble with those.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

FishBulb posted:

Yeah except the injection rig and the taken blight. People seem to have trouble with those.

I still don't know how to do either the taken blight or the hive summoning ritual

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Hive summoning is really easy, you can solo it. After killing the wizards but before the next spawn you have to stand in the circles and destroy 2 purple crystals that are up top on either side of the portal.

The taken blight one is kind of a pain in the rear end, when you enter inside the area of the smaller blight you'll get a buff that lets you damage the big blight for like 5 seconds. You have to do a bunch of damage to the big blight before all the adds are killed.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Is a heroic public event different than a normal public event? (Sorry I'm new)

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Man the New monarchy shaders own so hard

Nifft
Oct 5, 2001
I'm absolutely spiffng!
Are the rewards for "Powerful Gear" always +5 your current power level? I forgot to max out my power level when claiming and got shorted a level.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

RCarr posted:

Is a heroic public event different than a normal public event? (Sorry I'm new)

More rewards, more xp.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Nifft posted:

Are the rewards for "Powerful Gear" always +5 your current power level? I forgot to max out my power level when claiming and got shorted a level.

No, mine are only 305 :chord:

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Nifft posted:

In my experience yeah it's just about 5 levels or so.

Also :w00t: I can't wait to get home on lunch and pledge up. This game is going at a great pace for the community; saltlords only get like a day or three of angry respite before a fresh content dump, or reset happens, etc.

Obviously everyone will find something to complain about within ANOTHER 2-3 days, but still, this is a far cry from D1Y1.

Bettyspagh3tt1
Jan 24, 2009

acumen posted:

You get like 8 tokens for doing heroic public events grinding the same cave repeatedly for faction tokens is retarded and likely less profitable than the former option

So yes basically loot cave 2k17 then

They give you a task of destroying caches in lost sectors in the EDZ. Each cache you destroy gets you a token. There are 3 caches per lost sector. 15 for the caches, 16 for completing it. 31 tokens for 5 minutes effort.

Some Zero
Sep 23, 2009

xzzy posted:

Yeah, sure as heck don't want to miss out on that extra blue engram five levels below your current power!

At 305 they are useful because blues will drop at 300 and getting all your other useful guns infusion fuel is nice.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Finally hit that 300 base power cap this morning.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Nifft posted:

You shouldn't need to change your guns/gear. It's supposed to scan your inventory and vault and base the Powerful drop level on that.

Rubellavator posted:

Finally hit that 300 base power cap this morning.
I should be hitting that soon, but I wish my first 300 drop was something other than a Fighting Lion.

Doc Mave
Jan 7, 2007
Not a real doc.
Just chucked a join request at Goon Squid Europa, PSN: DrMavenholm

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
I tried to sign up for dead orbit but the dude was never there in the tower

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

I still don't know how to do either the taken blight or the hive summoning ritual

Taken blight seems to be the one event I run into that no one else seems to know what to do but it's incredibly easy to trigger the heroic.

e: what Fishbulb said

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

This game is good and cool. I hope we don't get more downtime today cuz people have no loving self control and think running back and forth in a cave is a good use of time.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I tried to sign up for dead orbit but the dude was never there in the tower
It's a bug, you have to go back to orbit and back again until he's there

Optical Inch
Oct 26, 2002

Soiled Meat
Is there a known issue with mods not applying the benefits they should?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Optical Inch posted:

Is there a known issue with mods not applying the benefits they should?

I haven't noticed anything like that. But stacking armor mods seems to have diminishing returns

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

What exactly do you all use wardcliff for, if you even do? Thing seems too finicky to be very useful imo, but it'd not surprise me if I were to be using it wrong.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

PathAsc posted:

What exactly do you all use wardcliff for, if you even do? Thing seems too finicky to be very useful imo, but it'd not surprise me if I were to be using it wrong.

I use it to launch yellow named mobs into the ceiling.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Norns posted:

Same, but me into 3rd person ghost viewer

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

PathAsc posted:

Everything. Public event boss? Strike boss? Major? Dreg? Myself? Always use it.

Norns posted:

Same except the titan ocean.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

PathAsc posted:

1) It's a big ol' splatty gun with a wide area of effect, but can be sorta precise (for what it can be) on things like High Value Targets.
2) The rockets are not really tracking or homing, but certainly not 'dumb'.

The fact that it spits a lot out is your chief concern for the physics of pulling the trigger on this weapon.

3) Exercise caution when shooting around teammates or cover. Accidents = bad with all those rockets loosing.
4) I have best success with it when shooting "down" from a vantage point; it lets me Paint a Floor With Damage instead of a Wall.
5) Very useful for clearing either a lot of trash mobs or applying a shitload of push impulse to a single High Value Target.

Its push-spam sadly doesn't work well on Nightfall bosses or Public Event Heroic bosses, and will kill red-bar majors outright for the most part, but Bungie was kind enough to give HVTs (very pushable) just enough hit points to play volleyball with. I have a few video clips saved of me using it on Nessus to send HVT Fallen Captains sailing up onto the jungle gyms just outside Failsafe.

Norns posted:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Waffle House fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Sep 26, 2017

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Can someone tell me which icon this is and how to get it:

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Wardcliff shreds through everything in pve even yourself occasionally :3:

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

DO = Dead Space
NM = Dark Souls
FWC = Nascar

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

omg chael crash posted:

It's called Telstar Graphics and it must be random. I have it and haven't done anything special enough to warrant a fancy emblem.

It is the best, though.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

omg chael crash posted:

Telstar Graphics, comes in Cayde chests I think.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

omg chael crash posted:

Telstar Graphics emblem. It's a reward from Cayde's stashes. I wear it all the time, it's neat.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

They should put in an exotic hunter helm that has the FWC led sign over the visor.

No special stats, it's exotic because there's no contest it's the best helmet ever.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
Wait, is this week's nightfall modifier daybreak/mayhem???

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Wasn't that in D1?

I know a warlock emblem had it running across.

E: Yeah.

image host sites

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXo9buMfXxw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

Waffle House posted:

Telstar Graphics emblem. It's a reward from Cayde's stashes. I wear it all the time, it's neat.

Yeah, I got it out of one of my first chests and I saw the icon by itself and I was like "that's kinda lame," then I put it on and realized I probably am not changing it.