Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe
There is something very dissatisfying about a 1 kill CD. Spent the whole match looting, running and looting. Decked out in all lvl 3, fully kitted silenced mini, a kitted groza. Tried to find firefights but everyone was pretty much dead towards the end, last circle was right on top of me and I sprayed down 1 guy with the groza for the win :|

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Please don't abbreviate Chicken Dinner into "CD", it is very problematic.

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

mcvey posted:

Please don't abbreviate Chicken Dinner into "CD", it is very problematic.

I was referring to myself you insensitive chauvinistic pig

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008
I just got a sick loving CD-RW (Chicken Dinner - be sure to ReWatch it on my twitch channel)

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Sorry my rez is on chicken dinner

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
There was a guy that played planetside 2 at pretty high sensitivity and was pretty decent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaNC8tkJseg

You might get motion sickness watching that though.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED
8 gigs of ram, max accelerated mouse at max dpi here I loving come pubg! I wouldn't even log on if I were you guys tonight

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
Even with pretty high DPI I tend to undershoot my aiming rather than overshoot so I should probably turn it up even higher. I should note that I'm double-jointed which does weird things like make my wrist not hurt playing with high DPI while I can't play WASD without high wrist riser or it feels like I have glass in my fingers.

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014
i foiund that when landing in the school, avoid the main school building and go immediately into the pool building. There is usually good weapons there and you can pick off the survivors of the classroom scrum.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

fknlo posted:

There was a guy that played planetside 2 at pretty high sensitivity and was pretty decent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaNC8tkJseg

You might get motion sickness watching that though.

1 guy vs hundreds with low sensitivity

underage at the vape shop fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Sep 26, 2017

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Cimber posted:

i foiund that when landing in the school, avoid the main school building and go immediately into the pool building. There is usually good weapons there and you can pick off the survivors of the classroom scrum.

If you're not duking it out on the roof picking up whatever melee weapon is laying nearby you're doing it wrong.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Tab8715 posted:

Do we know the actual sensitivity values pro players are using?

https://prosettings.net/pubg-pro-settings-gear-list/

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Walton Simons posted:

Someone asked me a while back to post a video of me dying so you can see why I suck. Well, this one's a little obvious now I've watched it back, but it might be worth posting anyway, even if it's for a laugh. I just plain don't see the guy second time! For context, I wounded a guy who ran toward this house over the brow of a hill seconds before this video starts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeunGPMXvrw

buy a keyboard and mouse

dc3k
Feb 18, 2003

what.
https://clips.twitch.tv/ResourcefulSmilingPhonePicoMause

this dude landed near us and we noticed a bit later he was just floating there. ignored it for a while assuming he disconnected but eventually i got curious. was his body was glitched and he was actually elsewhere in the map and im a lovely bug exploiter?

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Shima Honnou posted:

I've tried that and find the M16 jumps too much with a 4x or 8x on it for me to super-click.

Why are you using a 4 or 8x at close range. tbh tho even with 4x you don't even have to look, you just drag mouse down a tiny bit and keep firing as long as the guy is just shooting back and not moving.

Herstory Begins Now fucked around with this message at 08:17 on Sep 26, 2017

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjXhFtNqi1k

I'm drat near undefeated in Fog Games. I feel like my game sense + the added benefit of nearly complete cover to maneuver around makes me more likely to win games there. I hope they add more wacky weather states.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

1. Had the worst loot game and ended up in the endgame with a pump action and a crossbow, but something about god giving you tools or something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_gBkdbViz8

2. Had at least two snipers with blessed poor aim drawing a bead on me, but when god closes a door he gives you a UAZ (also: listen for the pan).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guv8q_WpZG8

hail satan

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

VulgarandStupid posted:

drat, this guy won a game. Clearly 8gb must be ideal.

Lol chill. I was just responding to the people saying 8 gb was unplayable, when it very clearly isn't if the rest of your system is decent and you've done what you can to optimize. I figured one win with 23 kills was stronger anecdotal evidence than me just posting my last 20 wins or whatever.

As for the sensitivity discussion: What you can do if you dislike going low sens (which is the ultimately correct answer, obviously), is to have your aiming/scoping sensitivities much lower than your free-look sensitivity. I keep mine at nearly half of my free-lock sensitivity, which means I can spin around quite quickly while not aiming, but can still shoot accurately when aiming. Having different sens settings for different modes of aiming takes getting used to, but I feel it's the best solution.

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

The Mash posted:

Lol chill. I was just responding to the people saying 8 gb was unplayable, when it very clearly isn't if the rest of your system is decent and you've done what you can to optimize. I figured one win with 23 kills was stronger anecdotal evidence than me just posting my last 20 wins or whatever.

As for the sensitivity discussion: What you can do if you dislike going low sens (which is the ultimately correct answer, obviously), is to have your aiming/scoping sensitivities much lower than your free-look sensitivity. I keep mine at nearly half of my free-lock sensitivity, which means I can spin around quite quickly while not aiming, but can still shoot accurately when aiming. Having different sens settings for different modes of aiming takes getting used to, but I feel it's the best solution.

I too am only playing with 8gb ram and unless it increases my FPS by upgrading to 16gb it wouldn't improve anything. I have no load issues and no stuttering on my end ever, except for the occasional crash pre or post game during load screens which seems to be universal. I will be upgrading to 16gb soon anyway though, because why not?

Concerning mouse sensitivity in FPS games such as CS:GO or PUBG, my philosophy has always been that it comes down to your space available on your desk and the length of your arms. The goal being to reach a value which corresponds to approx. 200° horizontal rotation with one comfortable swipe, starting from centre mousepad, without lifting the mouse. For me this just so happens to be 46 in-game (FPP at 99 FOV) at 400dpi dictated by the length of my arm since I have room to spare on my desk and a big mousepad. This gives me the most accuracy while I'm still able to point in any direction without lifting my mouse. All we low sensitivity people ask is that you try it out, we are after all trying to help. It improved my aim and my shoulder doesn't ache any more after playing for a while like it used to.

Hulebr00670065006e fucked around with this message at 13:08 on Sep 26, 2017

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Hulebr00670065006e posted:

I too am only playing with 8gb ram and unless it increases my FPS by upgrading to 16gb it wouldn't improve anything. I have no load issues and no stuttering on my end ever, except for the occasional crash pre or post game during load screens which seems to be universal. I will be upgrading to 16gb soon anyway though, because why not?

It's almost as if this is an Early Access game and how well it runs constantly changes every patch for better or worse. Anyway, when people in the past complained about load in issues I always asked about their RAM and SSD situation, because I've only had load issues in single digit occurrences. More often than not they didn't have 16gb of RAM or an SSD. Anyway I'm not going to change the OP regarding that because every other patch we get a new memory leak.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

What sort of FOV are you folks running for best compromise between peripheral and far vision? I've been sticking with 90 because I want to be able to pick out details, but I'm worried it's hurting my school-game.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Black Griffon posted:

What sort of FOV are you folks running for best compromise between peripheral and far vision? I've been sticking with 90 because I want to be able to pick out details, but I'm worried it's hurting my school-game.

I don't really feel like there's that much of a difference, I documented it in my August patch video. I have an ultrawide, though so it's set to 103.

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

VulgarandStupid posted:

I don't really feel like there's that much of a difference, I documented it in my August patch video. I have an ultrawide, though so it's set to 103.

I agree. Set it to what feels comfortable to you.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Probably gonna stick with 90 then.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7Fyuc8DVHY

On one hand killing at least part of the team in solo squad is the goal, on the other hand, I could have wiped the team if I wasn't a loving idiot.

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Fun Shoe
Sorry if its been answered 100 times but is there a reason it keeps defaulting me to asia servers? Am I getting a better ping there or just lovely ui

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

lovely ui, happens to everyone

KM Scorchio
Feb 13, 2008

"If you don't find rape hilarious, you're a sensitive crybaby."
8GB and an SSD and my only performance issue is that I suck at this game.

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go

Willfrey posted:

Sorry if its been answered 100 times but is there a reason it keeps defaulting me to asia servers? Am I getting a better ping there or just lovely ui
'early access'

'esports ready'

pick your poison

Vetitum
Feb 29, 2008

Has anyone come across a breakdown of building types and the average number of loot drops contained within? My personal experience has taught me what building to prioritise when looting from a drops p. square footage perspective, but was curious if there was a more detailed list somewhere?

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

I like to always prioritize buildings where I have to open the fewest doors to find all the loot.

Stealthgerbil
Dec 16, 2004

I personally did much better at CS when I switched to a low sensitivity. I find it is easier to develop good muscle memory which lets me aim more consistently. It also helps for quickly getting headshots, especially at range too. I'm definitely no CS pro though but I did sit around LEM/SMFC so I am not total rear end at aiming either.

Also it might be worth it to buy ARMA 3 for the people who want to practice just because ARMA and PUBG weapoons also feel and handle very similar. You can just join one of the ARMA deathmatch or wasteland missions and get so many more encounters per play session and get a chance to play with longer range weapons. Its also worth the money since its a great game. Otherwise just drop school for close range combat and pochinki or military base for medium range combat.

Stealthgerbil fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Sep 26, 2017

CountingWizard
Jul 6, 2004

MC Fruit Stripe posted:

I mean on gear alone you're just completely hosed there. When the loot gods only give you a shotgun with 47 remaining, do your best and don't lose sleep over it.

In that spot, with the red circle, I just hole up in either of the two bedrooms (neither of which you cleared), and reevaluate once the zone is over or once the next circle lands.

I know grenades are pretty overpowered right now, but I feel like 2% of grenades are successful and the other 98% just announce your arrival so people can prepare for you.

The way I see it, there are 4 ranges of combat engagement: CQC, short range, mid range, and long range. I would say shotguns are only good in short range. If a person is too close, a shotgun doesn't have the rate of fire to recover from a miss, and in CQC the transversal of a person strafing around you is really high. I think the Uzi, glock auto, and vector make the best CQC weapons. If you are in a house, these are what I would equip for engagement. The ump9 is also serviceable, but not as forgiving with the rate of fire.

If you are approaching a house or are otherwise anticipating a short/CQC range engagement with a static enemy, the shotgun is the better tool. Especially if you have the element of surprise.

ZebraBlade
Mar 26, 2010

Something is rotten in the state of Denmark
Got my 1st and 2nd dinner playing FPP Squad with randoms last night, still hunting for my first solo dinner. The advice to drop into popular areas for practice was great, my early game has gotten a lot better.

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

CountingWizard posted:

The way I see it, there are 4 ranges of combat engagement: CQC, short range, mid range, and long range. I would say shotguns are only good in short range. If a person is too close, a shotgun doesn't have the rate of fire to recover from a miss, and in CQC the transversal of a person strafing around you is really high. I think the Uzi, glock auto, and vector make the best CQC weapons. If you are in a house, these are what I would equip for engagement. The ump9 is also serviceable, but not as forgiving with the rate of fire.

If you are approaching a house or are otherwise anticipating a short/CQC range engagement with a static enemy, the shotgun is the better tool. Especially if you have the element of surprise.

You are forgetting the autoshotgun, which is now my default close-range weapon, even over the vector

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

The Vektor is insanely good, it's got the lowest TTK of any non OHK weapon at close range. Considering SMG exmags spawn like candy I almost always grab a vektor when I can.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

MC Fruit Stripe posted:

I know grenades are pretty overpowered right now, but I feel like 2% of grenades are successful and the other 98% just announce your arrival so people can prepare for you.

This is mostly down to people not using them properly and just hurling them at buildings willy-nilly instead of trying to sensibly plant them inside certain parts of buildings.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Fart Car '97 posted:

The Vektor is insanely good, it's got the lowest TTK of any non OHK weapon at close range. Considering SMG exmags spawn like candy I almost always grab a vektor when I can.

IDGI

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

vektors basically own in every game they're in.

CountingWizard
Jul 6, 2004

slap me and kiss me posted:

You are forgetting the autoshotgun, which is now my default close-range weapon, even over the vector

I am forgetting the auto shotgun. But it's also terrible at short range because of a lack of choke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

TTK = time to kill
OHK = one hit kill

• Locked thread