Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

Mustangs gonna Mustang

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Wheat Loaf posted:

Kept expecting his flag to catch fire.

Same. I'm sure the video hosed with the depth perception a bit, but there looked to be a couple of really close calls.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
It would've been the best schadenfreude if it had caught fire.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wheat Loaf posted:

It would've been the best schadenfreude if he had caught fire.

Inco
Apr 3, 2009

I have been working out! My modem is broken and my phone eats half the posts I try to make, including all the posts I've tried to make here. I'll try this one more time.

Awww, the video is gone.

The Duck of Death
Nov 19, 2009

The Duck of Death has a new favorite as of 16:04 on Sep 26, 2017

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT GENTOO

StrangersInTheNight posted:

Someone mentioned false testicles, but there's also the fact that a lot of neutering now doesn't fully removed the testes, just nips things more like a dog vasectomy. So it's not always clear from sight, and it's a waste of resources and as well as stressful/potentially dangerous to the animal to put it under and perform unnecessary surgery. So - blammo, tattoo by the genitals and you don't accidentally open up Bruno again.

Ok wait, since you seem to know about this: so now a days they don't cut the whole sack off or whatever anymore? Just snip the tubes (doggie vasectomy)? I've never seen a neutered dog with his sack still boppin around, though then again I've never seen a dog with a tattoo either.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

du -hast posted:

Ok wait, since you seem to know about this: so now a days they don't cut the whole sack off or whatever anymore? Just snip the tubes (doggie vasectomy)? I've never seen a neutered dog with his sack still boppin around, though then again I've never seen a dog with a tattoo either.

Mthat dog might also have Neuticles®

Twistershift
Feb 7, 2007

`Nemesis posted:

Mustangs gonna Mustang

Not 100% sure, but I think that's a V6 Mustang, too, which is worse.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Toxic masculinity!

:911:

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Always nice to see flat-earther idiots wasting money.

Rapper B.o.B. raising funds to check if Earth is flat

quote:

The rapper, whose real name is Bobby Ray Simmons Jr, has been a vocal proponent of the Flat Earth theory - the claim the Earth is, in fact, a disc and not spherical. Some proponents of the Flat Earth theory claim NASA employees guard the edge of the world to prevent people falling off.

Seeking to raise $200,000 (£150,000) on the GoFundMe crowd-funding website, B.o.B refers to himself as "Flat Earth Bob". At the time of writing he had raised a little over $650, but the campaign was trending on the GoFundMe site.

Some of those who have donated to B.o.B.'s campaign have expressed support for the rapper.
"When/if you do make sure you let me know," one person who donated $20 wrote. "I've been trying to tell folks that there is no curve, therefore the Earth is not a globe".

Others were more sceptical. "Here's $5 to prove yourself wrong," another donor commented.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
lmao, what could possibly be gained from telling the world the earth is round when it is flat

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Stare-Out posted:

I kind of appreciate that his chosen method is to launch his own satellites into space. Like, for some reason you can't trust centuries of on-the-ground research and decades of verified measurements and photos from space, so I guess the best solution is to just launch somethingyou know you can trust into space yourself.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

ElGroucho posted:

lmao, what could possibly be gained from telling the world the earth is round when it is flat

The only motivation I've seen posited is that it is supposed to keep people from believing in God. Not sure why you would want that, perhaps the whole thing was devised by Satan.

I think that most flat earthers use pretty much the same logic as other conspiracy theorists though. The world is controlled by a shadowy group of {reptillians | illuminati | zionists} who use {the globe earth lie | chemtrails | flouride} to keep the people down and remain in control. Because the idea that bad things happen because bad people are in charge is scary, but the idea that bad things happen for no reason at all? That's terrifying.

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

If earth flat how satellite stay up?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
I thought that Flat Earthers believe that satellites don't exist and are just part of the lies made up by NASA.

Jasque
Jan 13, 2006
Garbage! That hovercraft is a joke of engineering, and that helmet would never protect your brain from lasers!

du -hast posted:

I've never seen a dog with a tattoo either, but my experience is from about 15 years ago. Back then they would make a small incision into the scrotum, squeeze out the teste, clamp off the vans deferens, cut the teste off, tie off the vans deferens, stuff it back into the sack and give the sack a sticth or two. It was a pretty standard procedure, and I can't imagine it being more complicated unless the owner requested it.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

bitterandtwisted posted:

Maybe that's test 1 of the experiment. If the satellite stays in orbit, and B.o.B. sees it get there, then that part of flat earth might be wrong.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
FBI just arrested a bunch of people, including 4 NCAA coaches, on corruption charges:

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/20824193/ncaa-basketball-coaches-10-charged-fraud-corruption

quote:

The coaches named in court documents are Auburn's Chuck Person, Oklahoma State's Lamont Evans, Arizona's Emanuel "Book" Richardson and USC's Tony Bland. It was not immediately clear who would represent them at initial court appearances.

Other people charged in Manhattan federal court included managers, financial advisers and representatives of a major international sportswear company. The details were to be discussed at a news conference Tuesday at noon ET.

Other people named in the documents include James Gatto, director of global sports marketing at Adidas; Merl Code, who recently left Nike for Adidas; Christian Dawkins, an NBA agent who was fired in May from ASM Sports for charging approximately $42,000 in Uber charges on a player's credit card; Jonathan Brad Augustine, president of The League Initiative and program director of the Adidas-sponsored 1 Family AAU program; Munish Sood, a financial adviser; and Rashan Michel, a former NBA official who founded Thompson Bespoke Clothing, a custom clothier for athletes.

The NCAA needs to be nuked into a smoking crater, and this won't do that, but it's still fun.

orange sky
May 7, 2007

Stare-Out posted:

a very good comment:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Phanatic posted:

FBI just arrested a bunch of people, including 4 NCAA coaches, on corruption charges:

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/20824193/ncaa-basketball-coaches-10-charged-fraud-corruption

The NCAA needs to be nuked into a smoking crater, and this won't do that, but it's still fun.

Everything I hear about big college sports in the US just seems to hosed up on so many levels.

I mean, it's college. Why do they have multimillion dollar sports teams where no one who plays gets any money and the coaches rape children but no one says anything because the team is more important than those young lives.

Also, none of the money ever seems to go to actually helping the rest of the college. The sports bring in millions and millions of dollars, but the science and arts get nothing.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Gorilla Salad posted:

Everything I hear about big college sports in the US just seems to hosed up on so many levels.

I mean, it's college. Why do they have multimillion dollar sports teams where no one who plays gets any money and the coaches rape children but no one says anything because the team is more important than those young lives.

Also, none of the money ever seems to go to actually helping the rest of the college. The sports bring in millions and millions of dollars, but the science and arts get nothing.

Science and arts are for fags and broads, DUH. I thought this was America?

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

SpacePig posted:

Maybe that's test 1 of the experiment. If the satellite stays in orbit, and B.o.B. sees it get there, then that part of flat earth might be wrong.

Is this Outcast's B.o.B???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVehcuJXe6I

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Gorilla Salad posted:

Because it's a great way to farm talent for professional sports for free, and it's great advertising for the college so they can enroll more kids.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

orange sky posted:

a very good comment:

This furthers my theory (:tinfoil:) that the flat earth movement is (1) half internet trolls who made it all up, and (2) half dumb idiots who actually buy into it. They're all egging each other on, knowingly and unknowingly. It would be glorious if not for the fact that the (2) crowd is filled with really, really dumb people who make you despair about mankind.

Mierenneuker has a new favorite as of 17:21 on Sep 26, 2017

xergm
Sep 8, 2009

The Moon is for Sissies!

I'll be honest, I actually learned something. My dog has just a little blue dot on her belly, and I was wondering why it was there and who put it there just the other day.

Apparently they don't always do a full tattoo and sometimes just put some ink in the incision.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

Mierenneuker posted:

This furthers my theory (:tinfoil:) that the flat earth movement is (1) half internet trolls who made it all up, and (2) half dumb idiots who actually buy into it. They're all egging each other on, knowingly and unknowingly. It would be glorious if not for the fact that the (2) crowd is filled with really, really dumb people who make you despair about mankind.

Yeah flat earth is dumb. Everyone knows the earth is not round or flat, but CONCAVE!

https://welcome-to-concave-earth-forum.70389.x6.nabble.com

https://thefpl.us/episode/229

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Gorilla Salad posted:

The actual reason is american football started as a game colleges played against one another in the later 1800s. Locals would head down to watch the games and the sport became more and more popular with college kids. Eventually you have arenas and stadiums being built for these games, but it was all still just colleges. Finally people put together professional leagues since the sport was so popular already.

This created a very weird situation which is unique to american football compared to most other sports, where they came up from the population at large, and due to their popularity, pro leagues formed. College came first, so it became the de-facto minor league, and now its so firmly entrenched it is inherent to the entire system.

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy

xergm posted:

I'll be honest, I actually learned something. My dog has just a little blue dot on her belly, and I was wondering why it was there and who put it there just the other day.

Apparently they don't always do a full tattoo and sometimes just put some ink in the incision.

That's probably why my cat has a little green mark on her belly. Huh.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Although he HAS worked with Big Boi, no.

He did lay down a diss track against Neil Tyson over the topic - https://soundcloud.com/bobatl/bob-flatline-feat-neil-tyson .

Tyson's nephew counterattacked with - https://soundcloud.com/drtyson/flat-to-fact .

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

bitterandtwisted posted:

They go underneath. On occasion, one of the elephants has to move its leg to let it go past.

Phanatic posted:

Severely disappointed that none of the coaches charged are from my college. Maybe I'll get lucky and this was just the first round of indictments.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

xergm posted:

Yeah, I've seen small blue/green marks (like, less than half an inch long) on female dogs that have been spayed. I see the sense in that. Tattooing a symbol on a dog seems weird.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Gorilla Salad posted:

It's not just the sports teams. People that dropped $150k on their degree want to make sure EVERYONE knows that they went there. Flags, license plates, shirts, etc.

It's a really weird dynamic, to me. Who the gently caress cares that you went to East Bumblefuck University?

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I want to buy a University of Phoenix jersey

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

I just get pissed whenever my school gets shut down for FOOBAW. Usually it's Saturdays, but I'm an engineering student, sometimes I got poo poo to do in the lab on weekends. And occasionally there'll be Thursday games, where because my school is completely up its own rear end, campus shuts down for an evening game at 12:30 in the afternoon.

And by shut down, this isn't just "gotta park far away from the stadium cause those garages are reserved"; no, they lock and rope off the doors to all the buildings.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

And that's why they call it a passed ball

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Straight White Shark posted:

And that's why they call it a passed ball

What do they call this one?

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Mierenneuker posted:

This furthers my theory (:tinfoil:) that the flat earth movement is (1) half internet trolls who made it all up, and (2) half dumb idiots who actually buy into it.

That could apply to pretty much the entire internet, really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

Mu Zeta posted:

I want to buy a University of Phoenix jersey

You can get one as an Overwatch skin.