Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Koalas March posted:

I would rock it too the gently caress lol

Seems a little braggy...:thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Stream for Trump and Spanish PM conference. Reporter questions coming soon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6OjC8CmH2Y

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Oxxidation posted:

If in society's death throes the populace at large chooses to relinquish social media I'll fall backwards into hell saying it was all worthwhile.

"The real question which faces the Republic is just how long, how violent, and how expensive the funeral is going to be"

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Krispy Kareem posted:

Most Presidents are charismatic AF. Obama, Bush the Younger, Clinton, Reagan, LBJ...

Boy one of these is not like the other.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Koalas March posted:

Whatever the hell she wants and she looks drat good doing it. I would rock it too the gently caress lol

ok but what is it though, I don't think you have to respond sassily to every single thing anyone says that could conceivably be taken as an excuse to respond sassily.

like seriously look at it, I cannot for the life of me say what type of garment that actually is and I am curious too. I suppose I better end this by assuring you that I'm not tearing her down, she does look drat good in it. I just want to know what it is.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Your Taint posted:

General Franco is an example of somebody who’s done an amazing job and is getting recognized more and more, I notice.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Majorian posted:

General Franco is an example of somebody who’s done an amazing job and is getting recognized more and more, I notice.

Is he still dead?

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch
Oh boy, first answer out of the gate at the presser is a doozy. He has plenty of time on his hands, so has time to tweet about the NFL.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

empty whippet box posted:

ok but what is it though, I don't think you have to respond sassily to every single thing anyone says that could conceivably be taken as an excuse to respond sassily.
"Sassy"

Also it's not my job to explain couture fashion to yall. I am not her stylist. Again the gently caress??

Anyway I'm just loving around. Think it's a blouse with a double zipper

Majorian posted:

Seems a little braggy...:thunk:

Koalas March fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Sep 26, 2017

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Ague Proof posted:

“The world, I don’t think it’s going to be here too much longer,” she said, explaining her attraction to Moore’s religious message. “Everything that the bible said is going to happen, it is happening.”

Sure, if you ignore everything the bible said

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Your Taint posted:

Is he still dead?

His spaghetti cans are ok

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

Krispy Kareem posted:

No, Obama probably doesn't know much about healthcare. His skills were far more valuable doing intangible Presidential stuff rather than learning the in's and out's of insurance. When he said you could keep your doctor, he probably legitimately believed the plan as crafted would let you do that.

Most Presidents are charismatic AF. Obama, Bush the Younger, Clinton, Reagan, LBJ...all, baring irrational partisanship could get you to agree to most anything with some one-on-one facetime. It'd be a waste of resources for them to become an expert in anything other than the ability to manage, delegate, and convince people to their vision.

Actually, by all reports Obama did get very into the weeds on the ACA. Not to say he knew everything about it, of course, but he was able to launch into details about how its mechanisms worked off the top of his head back when it was being proposed.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Koalas March posted:

"Sassy"

Also it's not my job to explain couture fashion to yall. I am not her stylist. Again the gently caress??

well I mean you responded to the question, which wasn't directed at you.

and no, 'sassy' would not work in place of sassily, which is in fact a word that I did in fact use correctly

anyway let's move on, I was just wondering WTF it was

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
"All I do is work"

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA gently caress YOU

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Nah, just teasing, if you can pull it off, good for you.:)

Your Taint posted:

Is he still dead?

I imagine the Spanish PM is wondering if ol' Francisco was reincarnated...

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

"couture fashion" :lol:

It's loving garbage.

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

Your Taint posted:

https://twitter.com/EamonJavers/status/912742128371060737

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

Your Taint posted:

"All I do is work"

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA gently caress YOU

But the beginning part of that! 'I have plenty of time on my hands...all I do is work" :confused:

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Vintersorg posted:

"couture fashion" :lol:

It's loving garbage.

When I want your opinion, I'll knock on your dumpster.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Quorum posted:

Actually, by all reports Obama did get very into the weeds on the ACA. Not to say he knew everything about it, of course, but he was able to launch into details about how its mechanisms worked off the top of his head back when it was being proposed.

Yeah, Obama knew the details thoroughly. He just didn't push his particular vision because as soon as he did, it would become his bill and thus easy to walk away from. His strategy was to goad Congress into making it their own whether they liked it or not and thus force them to vote on it.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Koalas March posted:

When I want your opinion, I'll knock on your dumpster.

HAHHAHAHAHAHHAHA

Ok.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Who knew marine logistics could be so complicated?

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?
https://twitter.com/alexburnsNYT/status/912741721481543680

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

CannonFodder posted:

In the No Fun League rulebook, celebrating a touchdown must not involve going to a knee, unless it is in a religious context.

Unless you're Muslim, in which case going to two knees and prostrating oneself before Allah gets a 15 yard flag. Yes that happened.

I thought he was also praying in other contexts too?

Like being a prime example of that bit from the new testament about how people praying in public are already getting their "reward."

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com
Add "the general concept of an island" to the list of things Trump thinks people other than him aren't smart enough to understand.

Feral Integral
Jun 6, 2006

YOSPOS

Trump is promising destruction to nk at the catalan talk haha

Rogue 7
Oct 13, 2012

If only there was some organization out there that had a bunch of really big ships. Like, ships you can fly planes off of. Too bad no such thing exists!

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Feral Integral posted:

Trump is promising destruction to nk at the catalan talk haha

Don't worry. No war declared. Just joshing.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Robot Hobo posted:

Add "the general concept of an island" to the list of things Trump thinks people other than him aren't smart enough to understand.

Whenever he tries to sound smart like this he just sounds like a kindergartner telling his parents what he learned at school that day.

Islands are in the ocean! Trucks can't drive through the ocean!

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Fuckin' airplanes, how do they work?

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Yo ewb and majorian, I just want to make sure y'all to know I'm just loving around. We're all good

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Whenever he tries to sound smart like this he just sounds like a kindergartner telling his parents what he learned at school that day.

Islands are in the ocean! Trucks can't drive through the ocean!

Reminder Bill "fucks chickpeas" OReily doesn't know how the tides work so believe in the moon:

1) No one else in the 2000+ years of human history does.
2)QED, The Bible is real pinheads.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Koalas March posted:

Yo ewb and majorian, I just want y'all to know I'm just loving around. We're all good

I figured, I just so rarely get to be catty about fashion!

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Krispy Kareem posted:

No, Obama probably doesn't know much about healthcare. His skills were far more valuable doing intangible Presidential stuff rather than learning the in's and out's of insurance. When he said you could keep your doctor, he probably legitimately believed the plan as crafted would let you do that.

Most Presidents are charismatic AF. Obama, Bush the Younger, Clinton, Reagan, LBJ...all, baring irrational partisanship could get you to agree to most anything with some one-on-one facetime. It'd be a waste of resources for them to become an expert in anything other than the ability to manage, delegate, and convince people to their vision.

Obama knew a shitton about health care and could endlessly debate fine points of the ACA. This is the guy who got invited to answer questions at a Republican congressional retreat, accepted, and embarrassed them so badly they never tried that again. He learned the details.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

FizFashizzle posted:

Boy one of these is not like the other.

Which one? Reagan was an odd pickle in that he didn't really have any close friends, but he could still command a room.

LBJ and Clinton were probably the best of the bunch.

Quorum posted:

Some of the things he said didn't make sense. Like multiple times he insisted more insurance competition in a market would lower prices when in fact it does the opposite. So either he didn't know that insurers use market strength to negotiate better deals or he was throwing doctors, hospitals, and pharmaceuticals a bone since that gives them more pricing power.

I'm not saying he wasn't passionate about it and didn't get into details, but I think he pushed a vision and let others work out the specifics.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Rogue 7 posted:

If only there was some organization out there that had a bunch of really big ships. Like, ships you can fly planes off of. Too bad no such thing exists!

...aircraft carriers would be a pretty terrible way to transport a large amount of humanitarian aid, no?

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Krispy Kareem posted:

I'm not saying he wasn't passionate about it and didn't get into details, but I think he pushed a vision and let others work out the specifics.

at least he did it the right way by doing his homework and learning enough about the subject to be able to speak critically, versus trump who just waves his hand and expects results like a lazy tycoon summons kfc on a silver platter

theflyingorc posted:

...aircraft carriers would be a pretty terrible way to transport a large amount of humanitarian aid, no?

yeah typically they use marine LHCs for this because of better cargo capacity for the size of the ship and also more helicopters, which are better for moving cargo

it's not like puerto rico is that far away you can just fly cargo planes there from the mainland

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

doublepost

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
Forgive my ignorance, but can someone give me the Idiot's Cliff's Notes version of what's going on in Catalonia?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

theflyingorc posted:

They generate gently caress loads of power and have desalinization plants that can provide fresh water.

They can also use their cargo planes and helicopters to deliver aid.

• Locked thread