Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Blade Flurry is still king poo poo if you're using daggers/claws/swords.

Ice Trap got dumpstered because they didn't increase the AoE as the gem levels.

I can't speak to anything else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

wait why did i ask about blade flurry

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

Ciaphas posted:

I was gonna ask if people actually use Ice Crash, Blade Flurry, Bladefall, Blast Rain or Ice Trap anymore, personally. After the success of Magma Orb I'm rather more interested in skills I haven't seen yet :v:

ele flurry / scourge flurry are incredibly good

i've seen a few cool ideas for a kongor's ice crash build

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Ciaphas posted:

I was gonna ask if people actually use Blade Flurry

lol

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
The Frostbreath build I'm following uses Ice Crash. It works with a lot of other melee skills, though.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

don't do drugs, kids :(

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

awesmoe posted:

it does, I'm giving myself oos holding down shift almost all the time.
I have shield charge on lmb and I want the exact opposite behaviour of what we've got now - i want to charge from where I am by default, unless I hold a modifier in which case I want to walk places

If you don't want to faff about with numlock trickery, rebinding attack in place to spacebar makes it much more comfortable to use than holding down shift.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Salvor_Hardin posted:

That's a slippery slope.

It's perfectly allowed, actually.

I bind a mouse button to shift+w for using a movement skill.

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
Two words everyone:

Keys.

That annoying function we all have disabled? Actually useful for once!

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

nightwisher posted:

Two words everyone:

Keys.

That annoying function we all have disabled? Actually useful for once!

:chanpop:

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

I posted in the Discord but everyone's asleep so I'll leave this question here. I have a god-roll unique that would normally just go for 1 alc. When I listed it in Global I instantly got a couple interested buyers but nobody willing to price it for me. It's beyond anything I could find in poe.trade, where the highest price is just 5c. What should I do in these situations where I find something that's incomparable on poe.trade? I'm loving awful at haggling.

(I have the same thing going on with a ring that's way better than stuff going for 3ex on poe.trade.)

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

It would be good to know actually what the item is.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

cinci zoo sniper posted:

It would be good to know actually what the item is.
It's less "what is this literally worth" and more "can you teach me to fish and thus how to price this poo poo on my own so I don't have to ask the thread every time I find one."

If the answer is "you just have to get a feel for it by playing the game a ton" so be it.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

My personal rule of thumb for a unique that is 'perfect' in some important way is to try to sell for fifty times its normal value and trend downward over a week or so

That's if I don't just ask ofc

(and of course importance varies from item to item. Like perfect life Carcass Jack is nice but it's not why people buy those)

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 09:48 on Sep 26, 2017

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Ciaphas posted:

My personal rule of thumb for a unique that is 'perfect' in some important way is to try to sell for fifty times its normal value and trend downward over a week or so

That's if I don't just ask ofc

(and of course importance varies from item to item. Like perfect life Carcass Jack is nice but it's not why people buy those)
Ah okay, good rule of thumb which is what I was looking for, appreciated! That said, though I do understand that folks aren't buying items for certain stats, is there a place that can let me look up what stats people are looking for in an item?

cinci zoo sniper posted:

No, that's where playing the game part comes in.
Works for me, thanks for the help!

DaveKap fucked around with this message at 09:56 on Sep 26, 2017

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

DaveKap posted:

Ah okay, good rule of thumb which is what I was looking for, appreciated! That said, though I do understand that folks aren't buying items for certain stats, is there a place that can let me look up what stats people are looking for in an item?

No, that's where playing the game part comes in.

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...

DaveKap posted:

It's less "what is this literally worth" and more "can you teach me to fish and thus how to price this poo poo on my own so I don't have to ask the thread every time I find one."

If the answer is "you just have to get a feel for it by playing the game a ton" so be it.
It really depends. No-one is going to give you bank for a perfect-roll Silverbranch because that's a levelling item that just exists to make life a bit easier.

I guess one applicable rule of thumb is the more variance in stats the item can have the more it can be worth to roll it well (think Ventor's, which has a 1 in 45 billion chance to roll perfectly) but even then it really depends what the item is.

Zephro fucked around with this message at 10:01 on Sep 26, 2017

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Just showing how I run lab with my current setup (full speed wander):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiXH03uYYKY

I'm not trying to super optimize everything with a 2000 life LL mine build, but it works well enough.

On a related note, I tried to use Phase Run but it crashes my game or something. I don't know what the trigger is exactly, but I get this crash where the game will freeze and go unresponsive for a good 20 seconds, all the audio will still play as my character is still moving around server-side, the window will change size, I might get a big chain of error boxes, and then either I force quit PoE or it crashes me to the login screen with an instance crash. It has only ever happened to me on runs where I use Phase Run, and only ever when I'm leaving a side chamber after getting the loot from it (it's happened to me after killing Argus and opening Silver Door loot boxes). I tried to record this a good 6-7 times all with crashes before finally deciding to take off Phase Run, which got me this successful attempt. It happened to me both in Borderless Window and Fullscreen, so it's not related to that, and it also happened to me 3-4 times while not recording, including after a fresh reboot, so it's not related to recording. I've never gotten the crash on a run I don't use Phase Run. Anyone have any idea if this is a known issue or what's causing it?

E: Somewhat related my graphics used to just start exploding in rainbow colors after killing Izaro sometimes, which suggests that the GPU was dying, but I've never had any GPU issues outside of the lab and outside of specifically the rainbow color explosions after killing Izaro, which suggests to me more than lab is completely hosed up in some way more than anything else. I know lots of people crash a shitload in lab and never anywhere else.

Ultima66 fucked around with this message at 11:08 on Sep 26, 2017

Diddie
Sep 1, 2001

What the heck is going on in here???

DaveKap posted:

poeprices.info can sometimes help

..btt
Mar 26, 2008

Ultima66 posted:

E: Somewhat related my graphics used to just start exploding in rainbow colors after killing Izaro sometimes, which suggests that the GPU was dying, but I've never had any GPU issues outside of the lab and outside of specifically the rainbow color explosions after killing Izaro, which suggests to me more than lab is completely hosed up in some way more than anything else. I know lots of people crash a shitload in lab and never anywhere else.

I've had that bug across two different graphics cards, I'm pretty sure it's not a hardware problem. Seems to have stopped in a recent patch (or possibly driver update).

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Thanks for the bro deal of 5c for this, Elreon.

Broken Cog fucked around with this message at 12:08 on Sep 26, 2017

nerox
May 20, 2001

Broken Cog posted:

Thanks for the bro deal of 5c for this, Elreon.

Eleron scammed you, the armor is not perfect.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

DaveKap posted:

Works for me, thanks for the help!

name the item

basically that, and go on poe.trade, and look up the items of interest, and click on the stat, and it will reorder itself in descending order. from there, you can work out a ballpark range for the perfect roll

rich people will pay a premium for it

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Phobophilia posted:

name the item

basically that, and go on poe.trade, and look up the items of interest, and click on the stat, and it will reorder itself in descending order. from there, you can work out a ballpark range for the perfect roll

rich people will pay a premium for it

This. if you click on a stat on poe.trade it'll sort them by the highest one, try to find ones with stats close to yours and you'll see they are priced way higher than the 'normal' price of the item. If you want to ONLY find perfect roll items you'll have to punch the mods in manually in the search though. But price usually starts dropping drastically on items that are 'almost' perfect, for example a perfect roll astramentis gives 116 to all stats and is probably worth an ex or more (there's actually none up for sale right now apparently), the low roll 90's ones are like ~30c and with some digging you can probably find one a few points off max for 40 or 50. (the second result right now is in fact a 114 for 50c, but there's probably cheaper ones)

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
the highest price variation outside of ventors has to be biscos nowadays, right?

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Goa Tse-tung posted:

the highest price variation outside of ventors has to be biscos nowadays, right?

rebuke of the vaal :smuggo:

denizen
Aug 12, 2003
i am the only denizen

McFrugal posted:

The Frostbreath build I'm following uses Ice Crash. It works with a lot of other melee skills, though.

I just started rolling a frostbreath/ice crash build yesterday. Fun so far.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1994847

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

Ultima66 posted:

Just showing how I run lab with my current setup (full speed wander):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiXH03uYYKY

I'm not trying to super optimize everything with a 2000 life LL mine build, but it works well enough.

Your pathing is really inefficient and that bothers me.

For your crashes with phase run, have you tried running dx9/multithreading off?

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

interrodactyl posted:

Your pathing is really inefficient and that bothers me.

For your crashes with phase run, have you tried running dx9/multithreading off?

Do you mean how I get through the lab? Because I just run around towards where I think things are I know I'm taking wrong turns all over the place.

I haven't tried loving with any settings for the crashes.

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

Ultima66 posted:

Do you mean how I get through the lab? Because I just run around towards where I think things are I know I'm taking wrong turns all over the place.

I haven't tried loving with any settings for the crashes.

i crashed in lab every time last league until i switched to dx9, no multithreading. Just make sure to turn multithreading back on if you want to run beachheads or something because it'll poo poo on your FPS

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

denizen posted:

I just started rolling a frostbreath/ice crash build yesterday. Fun so far.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1994847

I feel like a Raider would work better with Frost Blades though... you have access to all the dex jewel slots you need for the threshold jewels! The build I'm using is EO Inquisitor. The non-crit Inquisitor nodes are pretty strong with the right setup. (also wow that build takes almost no damage nodes!)

whalestory
Feb 9, 2004

hey ya'll!

Pillbug
I think I might give up on wanding and just do something stupid like that burning spectres build lmao

I got so turned off from playing a summon necro from the recent d3 season that that hate carried over to poe for some reason but now i'm ready to embrace my d2 heritage

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Did something change about Stacked Decks? I've never found any before except in Putrid Cloister, but this evening I found two in random maps.

Also, does it make a difference where you are when you turn it into a worthless divination card?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
IIRC it's still the case where the ilvlof the item you get is tied to your character level, unless the card specifically states it. Not sure if that's changed since you can turn them in in A4 or A9.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh

Qwertycoatl posted:

Did something change about Stacked Decks? I've never found any before except in Putrid Cloister, but this evening I found two in random maps.

Also, does it make a difference where you are when you turn it into a worthless divination card?

Don't think it matters.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

dyzzy posted:

Don't think it matters.

Thanks, good to know that it doesn't matter where I go to claim my carrion crows.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

lol, it takes me at least an hour to run lab :iamafag:

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

crazy thought: do it faster

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

What would a 797% Facebreaker go for?

Do most of the builds using them revolve around totems or are there other shenanigans i could try?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

NofrikinfuN posted:

What would a 797% Facebreaker go for?

Do most of the builds using them revolve around totems or are there other shenanigans i could try?

All melee builds at least make a sideline out of totems because ancestral warchief is just too good. Facebreaker builds tend to go all in on him because there just aren't a lot of good skills to use with it. Shield Charge can also work well.