Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Griffin's continued frustration with Yahoo's website is one of my favorite things about MBMBAM. It's like watching Sideshow Bob walk into a rake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

https://youtu.be/O8oc4Ej1DQc

I love it when Justin and Travis get into a Podcast Fight.

I also love it when people draw cartoon versions of the brothers with three different body types, but I think that is going to go away now that Justin has lost his spare tire.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

change my name posted:

I was checking the Vox employment page (because I too am unemployed and broke) and they moved the deadline to October 1st.

That had always been the deadline.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Propaganda Hour posted:

Griffin's continued frustration with Yahoo's website is one of my favorite things about MBMBAM. It's like watching Sideshow Bob walk into a rake.

I've been going backwards through the backlog and I enjoy how no matter if it's this week's episode or an episode from 4 years ago, it's the exact same rant about the garbage dying website.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

mikeycp posted:

That had always been the deadline.

I could've sworn it was sooner

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

change my name posted:

I could've sworn it was sooner

Nope. I refreshed my tab that had it since it first went up and nothing changed.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

latest episode of the Polygon Show is up, and it barely touches video game content. There's more Cola talk than anything - the segment BeveRAGE goes deep on cola sommelier content.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
cokearray

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

It was recorded like two or three weeks ago or something because their schedules are hosed right now so it couldn't exactly be about the latest news.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Just started TAZ today. I feel like I'm in for a really special experience.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Ok I don't know who shared it but I was browsing Facebook and the next photo was Justin, Sydnee and Charlie with a "it's a girl" sign and then when I touched the screen it said it was no longer available so idk did I accidentally get shared a photo momentarily before they took it off public? Either way it's awesome news for them :)

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Let me be the first to shatter your illusion and tell you, this is just some early viral marketing for Trolls 2. Justin is going to be playing a girl Troll ("Justine") but with his regular voice.

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal
You just woke a deep desire I didn't know I had to see Merle, Taako and Magnus as trolls

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Judge Schnoopy posted:

Justin is in WV, Griffin and Chris plante are in Austin, Nick was in SF.

I'm guessing because of the Nick fallout they want a tighter leash on the noob

Pretty much all of their positions expected you to live in new york well before the nick drama. Even the things that would never require you to actually step foot into an office. I think the only position I've seen that didn't was like, a single social media account management one where your entire job would have been to just tweet like ten times a day. It's kind of disappointing because I wouldn't mind working for them, but gently caress moving to new york assuming I got hired.

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Just started TAZ today. I feel like I'm in for a really special experience.

It's a pretty great trip your first time through, the first arc starts off a bit slow while they find their footing but it really takes off once they do.

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

Nuebot posted:

It's a pretty great trip your first time through, the first arc starts off a bit slow while they find their footing but it really takes off once they do.

It's pretty great the second time too so far!

Spoilers for the whole thing:
I just got up to Merle losing his arm and getting the new one and Griffin is so excited to give him an arm which has a penalty to sleight of hand but can be detached and move independently of his body and then I guess everyone just straight up forgets that's a thing the arm can do. I know I sure did and I can't think of a single time he made use of that or even tried to do a sleight of hand thing.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
Get used to the forgetting what their incredibly useful equipment does.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I'm always impressed when they do remember. Especially Travis (who I'm convinced is the only one who actually has a character sheet in front of him) will pull out something he got forever ago and is useful.

Justin probably just has a website with the list of spells in D&D open (not wizard spells, but just spells).

Clint probably has a napkin that has "zone of truth" written on it, and occasionally peaks over to Justin's spell website and tries to cast whatever he sees.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

I really loved in the finale Well, he SAYS he's a cleric, but we've never been sure.

On a purely practical note, the more people they have in a fixed office, the more people they have on a reliable high-speed internet, with equipment they can swap around if somebody's mic goes south?

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Asiina posted:

I'm always impressed when they do remember. Especially Travis (who I'm convinced is the only one who actually has a character sheet in front of him) will pull out something he got forever ago and is useful.

Justin probably just has a website with the list of spells in D&D open (not wizard spells, but just spells).

Clint probably has a napkin that has "zone of truth" written on it, and occasionally peaks over to Justin's spell website and tries to cast whatever he sees.

In last week's live episode, Griffin was surprised that Justin remembered that he had grabbed a thing earlier that episode. They are not good and inventory management if it's not stuff for battle.

El Padrino
Dec 24, 2005

No es nada personal, solo negocios.
Well why bother with inventory when you are basically Final Pams with swords that can kill a god lich, and spell slots with multiple uses per arc/Zone of Truth?

Also, Griffin lets Justin get away with casting spells that not only has he already burned out the allocated number of spell-slots, but even use spells that Taako's class wouldn't be able to use (like the warlock spell) while denying Clint the same liberty when he peers over to Justin's website and select Zone of Truth some random-rear end spell

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
That's because Justin selects spells that at least sound plausible, while Clint's attempts are outrageously wrong.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

If they followed all that stuff, especially cast times, we'd never have met Garyl.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Just a shame when it reads like playing favorites. Like Clint not having any spellcasting abilities for the last six months of the podcast until the penultimate episode.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

I was recently looking at a list of spells in 5e. Remember in the Eleventh Hour arc when Merle tried to cast Raise Dead and everyone laughed at him? Well guess what jerks, Clint was right! That is a spell clerics can cast! He wasn't a high enough level for it, but still.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
I suspect that Clint's spell selection strategy was "I have all of the spell cards in front of me, not just the ones for my class/level, and I'm going to aimlessly shuffle through them until I find one that looks powerful."

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Ariong posted:

I was recently looking at a list of spells in 5e. Remember in the Eleventh Hour arc when Merle tried to cast Raise Dead and everyone laughed at him? Well guess what jerks, Clint was right! That is a spell clerics can cast! He wasn't a high enough level for it, but still.

Nobody denied it was on the cleric spell list.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Oh man I just got to the second live TAZ show:

The Constructive Criticism Room is a perfect thing to throw in this whole trust building seminar scenario, holy poo poo the silence as everyone realizes on the spot that it’s just going to be an actual moment of constructive criticism between the boys is amazing. And it sounds like they’re so close to figuring out just to dogpile on Bradley as a bit, too.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Nuebot posted:

Pretty much all of their positions expected you to live in new york well before the nick drama. Even the things that would never require you to actually step foot into an office.

This. Chelsea said in comments on the writer job posting that they started trying to centralize around the New York Office and to lesser degrees SF and LA for the last couple years.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

I wasn't really feeling boogerman, but the snake-Rachel episode was funny because I'm a sucker for F.R.I.E.N.D.S. jokes. And now "Just Like Art (season 1)" is over.

At least SEO Play has started again, it's still good.

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time

Psychedelicatessen posted:

I wasn't really feeling boogerman

But enough about Nick,

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I can't see the Boogerman episode on the Facebook page anymore. Did they accidentally post two episodes and then dial it back?

I hope season 2 is wrestlers, you can always get some crazy mileage out of WWE games' character creation.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Second Boston show is up.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Just FYI, Scrooge McDuck only stores money he personally earned their adventuring in his main bin. He has a lot of secondary and bins filled up with money from business and investment.

In case anyone was curious.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

This first audience question is pissing me right the gently caress off. No, that's not a real theory you have, you're just trying to upstage the show you came to see, you jerk.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Waffleman_ posted:

This first audience question is pissing me right the gently caress off. No, that's not a real theory you have, you're just trying to upstage the show you came to see, you jerk.

Oh man wait til you hear the next one

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The brothers are being really good sports about it and going with it, but if I was on that stage, I would have just told her to sit back down.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I'm glad they called that free advertising rear end in a top hat out and there was an audible boo from the audience.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

Waffleman_ posted:

I'm glad they called that free advertising rear end in a top hat out and there was an audible boo from the audience.
Most of us were pretty pissed after the first :airquote: question :airquote:, the dude never had a chance

e: also the reason Griffin made that vaping joke at the beginning is that there are hilarious signs like every 2 feet in the theater that say NO VAPING

vvvvv dude SO MANY PEOPLE raised their hands when they asked who'd used one

Stroop There It Is fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Sep 26, 2017

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?
The Bone Folder question redeemed the show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
Big fan of Griffin's Suckhole Extrapolation.