Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
I dunno if I've said it directly yet but I'm so happy Melo is gone. Outside of Aaron Judge this is the only positive NYC sports news since like 2014 when that minor league pitcher in the 8 Ball jacket was cleared of all charges for "slapping the soul" out of a girl on the subway after she whacked him with her shoes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Wait why was I not informed of this?

quote:

HELSINKI, Finland -- Life-sized cardboard cutouts scattered throughout the city. No. 23 Finland jerseys flooding the 13,000-plus seats of Helsinki Arena. Red and black Chicago Bulls gear occasionally peering through the sea of blue and white.

And, most prominently, one 7-foot figurine that has stood in the middle of the city center during the 2017 Eurobasket. With curly hair, a cut frame, Kobe 8 Nikes and a mediocre wingspan, it's an exact carbon copy of Finland's youngest star.

http://www.espn.com/nba/insider/story/_/id/20601334/lauri-markkanen-already-proving-doubters-chicago-bulls-jimmy-butler-trade-wrong-nba

Lauri has a motherfucking statue in Finland?

Dexo fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Sep 26, 2017

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

EvanTH posted:

I dunno if I've said it directly yet but I'm so happy Melo is gone. Outside of Aaron Judge this is the only positive NYC sports news since like 2014 when that minor league pitcher in the 8 Ball jacket was cleared of all charges for "slapping the soul" out of a girl on the subway after she whacked him with her shoes.

We did it!

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

EvanTH posted:

Hahaha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3MIlznstac&t=264s
Here's Steve Kerr talking about how their offense is a combination of lots of stuff, and why they run the least pnrs in the league. Specifically talks about how the triangle is important for spreading the ball around to everyone, so everybody plays harder and gets to participate.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

EvanTH posted:

Hahaha

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
Everyone knows Franc is French Money, he's breaking down ten centimes every game--count on it.

Annoying that he was hurt for summer league so I got no idea what he actually plays like, but I did get to watch interviews where he was hyper-alert, looking round everywhere at everything, observing the whole gym while still answering complicated questions in fluent English, not his first language. So based on all that I'm projecting him to be better than Tony Parker. Who took took a bottle to the face during a Drake/Chris Brown scuffle in a SoHo nightclub oh no thank goodness it's another two years before he's 21, no way he's getting into a bar in NYC if he's not 21

Blunt Instrument
Apr 4, 2008

How can you shoot
(hot dogs at) women or children?

Easy! Ya just don't lead 'em so much! Hahaha! Ain't ball hell?!

Yeah, it's marble and like 50 feet tall

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2735355-hawks-players-reportedly-screamed-in-jubilation-after-dwight-howard-was-traded

Hawks Players Reportedly 'Screamed in Jubilation' After Dwight Howard Was Traded

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
hahahahahahahahahahahaha

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized
It's weird when I remember that Howard was a top five player the league for like three seasons running. It feels like he's been a joke forever now.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
https://twitter.com/shamscharania/status/912790467300995072

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

the degree of denial he's in about his post game is pretty amazing in that it's been ongoing for so long.

not to mention he's played under SVG, D'Antoni, not really guys who mince words. I imagine even McHale probably took him aside and said "have you considered just dunking the ball" after the 500th clanged hook shot

chunkles fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Sep 26, 2017

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

chunkles posted:

the degree of denial he's in about his post game is pretty amazing in that it's been ongoing for so long.

not to mention he's played under SVG, D'Antoni, not really guys who mince words. I imagine even McHale probably took him aside and said "have you considered just dunking the ball"

He had a 62% True Shooting percentage last season. His offensive game is fine.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/World_Wide_Wob/status/912790529217323008
:negative:

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/TMZ/status/912772287593459712

The world is broken.

Nothing makes sense any more

CSPAM has taken over the world

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Fantastic

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

chunkles posted:

not to mention he's played under SVG, D'Antoni, not really guys who mince words. I imagine even McHale probably took him aside and said "have you considered just dunking the ball" after the 500th clanged hook shot

Shaq absolutely ruined his career by mocking him

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

I'm so happy today

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Dexo posted:

https://twitter.com/TMZ/status/912772287593459712

The world is broken.

Nothing makes sense any more

CSPAM has taken over the world

Whoa that's another one in the Good column

Good Things about John Kasich:
--Ernie Johnson wrote in a vote for him last year because he didn't want to cast a straight Republican Presidential ticket like he usually does
--That remark about Melo

Bad Things about John Kasich:
--the collective entirety of his life's work

that's 2-1 good to bad, he's a good guy now! :wth:

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Kasich is still trash
Look at the policies he supports just because he's he's against Trump doesn't mean he's good.

Dude is right-wing as all hell.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

gently caress john kasich

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

kasich is traditional conservative rather than whatever the gently caress they've become

now more tmz/ohio stuff

https://twitter.com/TMZ/status/912800475585695749

:rip: tristan's career

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Is it also Khloes baby?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Will OJ be able to see his Grandson?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Also in non joking news

https://twitter.com/DarrenHeitner/status/912799900483637248

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

I told you guys Miller was a huge POS.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I'm glad new york fans are as happy with trading away melo as I am getting him. A good trade for everyone

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever

tanglewood1420 posted:

It's weird when I remember that Howard was a top five player the league for like three seasons running. It feels like he's been a joke forever now.

Not just "Top five," but consensus second-best player in the NBA after LeBron. It really does feel like forever ago.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

big muscle niko's gonna do nothing but pump fakes and halfcourt shots

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/World_Wide_Wob/status/912804005688020992

Lmfao

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

It is possible Dywane would come off the bench and maybe close because that is a perfect rolle.

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

The NBA man, drat

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Derrick Rose is back and D Wade is also back! I can't decide which will be MVP so they may have to share!

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

this thread has been moving insanely fast. have we discussed derrick rose's hair

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever

R.D. Mangles posted:

this thread has been moving insanely fast. have we discussed derrick rose's hair

Skittles for my breakfast, dribble-drivin' ambidextrous

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
cleveland cavs basically turning into the basketball version of the expendables

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/20750344/andre-iguodala-was-verge-leaving-golden-state-warriors

Pretty interesting read on Iggy getting free agency pitches and how different teams went at him. More details than you usually get on this stuff.

tl;dr it sounds like Igoudala was actually incredibly close to signing with Houston after the Rockets made a really good pitch. Sounds like Iggy really was going to leave if he didn't get 48mil from Golden State.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

can someone explain to me how spacing is supposed to work with noted sharpshooters derrick rose and dwyane wade

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized
The only time they'd both be on the floor would be on the second unit with Korver, Frye and one of JR/Crowder/Jefferson who can all shoot threes OR they will be in a lineup with Lebron in which case it doesn't matter you have Lebron. But yeah, it's not ideal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

tanglewood1420 posted:

The only time they'd both be on the floor would be on the second unit with Korver, Frye and one of JR/Crowder/Jefferson who can all shoot threes OR they will be in a lineup with Lebron in which case it doesn't matter you have Lebron. But yeah, it's not ideal.

i thought rose would be starting until IT is back. Wade should literally just play like 8 regular season games at the end of the season and then come in to Wade people in the playoffs.

• Locked thread