Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

lol seriously?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Schnorkles posted:

our junior application testing engineer forgot to disable the tear down portion of the test suite he ran on a demo system we put up for a client this morning and blew up all the test data and my morning was filled with fielding very angry phone calls

im confused is this computer janitor poo poo or actually engineering poo poo

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

there is...........another

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Aw, hell. I forgot they had made a new one. :cripes:

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

https://twitter.com/topherflorence/status/912813722229514240

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

california man: hey do you think having all our forests be 90% gunpowder will ever come back to haunt us

california man #2: don't be a loving idiot dave, now come help me carry these sparking wires through dried twig forest

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
[quote="“Vertical Lime”" post="“476797931”"]
https://twitter.com/darrenrovell/status/912814800555724800

lol
[/quote]

lmao what the gently caress are the chuds seriously gonna stop watching football because of this? ahaahahahahahahhaa

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

I'm not on the ball with my century old Canadian poetry I guess

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

TRADE WAR TRADE WAR

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Al! posted:

there is...........another

Leia never became a full-blown Jedi.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
refund teh national anthum?

finally

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

I hope they charge full price to buy back in lol

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

um actually, according to s-canon [pushes glasses up into brain, dies immediately]

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Schnorkles posted:

our junior application testing engineer forgot to disable the tear down portion of the test suite he ran on a demo system we put up for a client this morning and blew up all the test data and my morning was filled with fielding very angry phone calls

hire me

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

it will fund the northern wall

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
yeah, this
https://twitter.com/JesseCharlesLee/status/912816379442745345

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

also lamo

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blog...m=.2684bb38ce7a

quote:

The United States of subsidies: The biggest corporate winners in each state

Of all the state and local subsidy dollars tracked, half went to the top 30 companies, led by Boeing. The aerospace giant alone has received $13 billion in subsidies. Chip-maker Intel and metal giant Alcoa each received nearly $6 billion. General Motors scored $3.7 billion and Ford secured $2.5 billion. All told, 19 large corporations have received at least $1 billio

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

pathetic little tramp posted:

goddamn white people are the biggest loving babies

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
total snowflakes

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

this whole thing is loving hilarious btw

http://www.businessinsider.com/bombardier-cseries-boeing-delta-us-canada-trade-war-2017-9

quote:

Looking for a blockbuster sale to help build traction for the plane in the US, Bombardier went all in on a pitch to United Airlines. Sensing the new competition, Boeing bit the bullet and gave United a whopping 70% discount on the 40 737-700s. While large airlines like United never pay list price, 70% off is the aviation equivalent of a Black Friday sale price.

In January 2016, United announced the sale of 40 737-700s followed by an order of another 25 of the same planes in March. (Oddly enough, United realized several months later they actually didn't want any of these planes and converted them to four of the larger 737-800s and 61 737MAX jets.)

Finally, in April 2016, Bombardier struck pay dirt. Delta Air Lines ordered 75 C Series 100 airliners in a deal worth up to $5.6 billion. In addition, Bombardier and Delta agreed to an option for 50 additional jets.

With the Delta order, Bombardier has not only found a US launch customer for the C Series, but it had the blockbuster deal it needed to validate the attractiveness of aircraft to other prospective buyers.

quote:

From Boeing's perspective, how Bombardier netted the deal has it seeing red.

According to its complaint, Boeing claims Bombardier sold the CS100 for just $19.6 million. That's far less than the $33.2 million the Chicago-based aviation giant alleges it cost Bombardier to make the plane and a mere fraction of the CS100's $79.5 million sticker price. As a result, Boeing claims the Montreal-based company is dumping its product on the US market to the detriment of the US aviation workers.

Thus, it wants to slap a 160% tariff on every one of the C Series jet ordered by Delta. It's a move that is seen as one that could effectively kill off the C Series program.

In response, Delta and Bombardier posit that Boeing complaint is baseless because neither it nor any other US airplane maker currently offers a product comparable to the CS100's size and performance. In fact, Boeing hasn't included the pint-sized 737-600 in its annual price list for more than half a decade. As a result, they say Boeing didn't lose a sale because they don't have a product in the running.

In addition, Bombardier argues protectionist action against the C Series would harm US aviation industry as more than 50% of the plane's components come from US suppliers.

Baller Ina
Oct 21, 2010

:whattheeucharist:

aiesha wht have they done to you

shes become the monster of the week

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

suck it up you loving crybaby assholes how goddamn priv-

wait i don't wan't the answer to that question.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Al! posted:

um actually, according to s-canon [pushes glasses up into brain, dies immediately]

god drat it this keeps happening

now i'll never know what s-canon is real

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Al! posted:

fkn dweeb

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

does ARE MILITARY or contractors buy from bombardier? does this mean we're effectively charging ourselves extra to buy super expensive military equipment?

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

lamo

quote:

as more than 50% of the plane's components come from US suppliers.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

my spurs go jingle jangle

his spurs go crickle crackle which, sadly, must be knelt with

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

snowflakes lmbo

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Are they going to have to refund the entire season

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

https://twitter.com/kellyweill/status/912714859770519553

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

am white, can confirm being a big dumb baby who cries and poos all the time

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

logikv9 posted:

T
R
U
M
Piss tape is real

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
firstly the furry raiders are not

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
true neutral furry

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

The Furry Raiders’ leader, a man named Foxler who dresses in a fox suit with a Nazi-like armband (no swastika, only a paw print), told The Daily Beast the convention’s cancellation all stems from a big misunderstanding.

“You could say a whole bunch of unfortunate events led to the particular issue,” he said.

Foxler claims he’s not trying to evoke Hitler, never mind his name (a combination of “Fox” and his supposed surname “Miller”), his Nazi-like armband (he says is based on a character in an old video game), or pictures of him throwing his arm up in a Nazi-like salute (an accident, he said).

Foxler recently tweeted at white nationalist Richard Spencer, and posted about “aryan” dogs online, though he says his group has no political agenda.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

i said it before but watch this space because in about a weeks time you're going to see a lot of people saying that actually they've decided to watch the nfl again because if they dont then THOSE THUGS WIN

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
https://twitter.com/GOP/status/912708101832310784

https://twitter.com/TrumpsAlert/status/912816574888677377

god drat it eric cant do anything right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

pathetic little tramp posted:

goddamn white people are the biggest loving babies