Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."
When should one prioritize +elem over raw stats? All this chat about rods made me peep what I have and I have a 161 MAG wizard rod and a 127 +Fire Papalymo rod. Assuming pure fire usage, how do you know which is better?

Also, +elem weapons and armor stack, yes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

ceaselessfuture posted:

When should one prioritize +elem over raw stats? All this chat about rods made me peep what I have and I have a 161 MAG wizard rod and a 127 +Fire Papalymo rod. Assuming pure fire usage, how do you know which is better?

Also, +elem weapons and armor stack, yes?

You focus on +Element once you start hitting soft caps with the buffs you have.

For ATK this is 805, for MAG this is 1054. The edge case is Ninja magic, in which the soft cap is much lower at 390 MAG.

And yes, +Element Weapons and armor stack.

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth

KataraniSword posted:

Further Cons to Shantotto (Or at least to chasing her USB): No more Witch abilities, ever.Trance is great for speed clears but not something to depend on for stuff like MP. Witch abilities don't even get buffs.

I wasn't aware that the Witch school would get hosed over so hard by DeNA before I did her LD, but even so I'm glad I did it. Having her CSB, BSB, and her tri-element/faithga SSB made it a no-brainer for me. Forcefully putting her into Pissed Off Mode with the help of Memento Mori is basically what allowed me to break sub-30 on Bismarck. Sealion, and Fenrir. She exploits lightning weaknesses like nobody's business, but with her BSB in hand she does a more than competent job of hitting fire and ice as well.

I'll agree that she is definitely best used in a speed clear situation, but she still hits just as hard on normal content as long as its weak to lightning, fire, or ice. However, you may have stronger LD choices depending upon your relic situation.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Well, my Edge USB with a Cloud USB RW did 8000x4 + 22,000x2 per Raging Waters on the Jump Start/A+ :stare:

No EnWater, no legend dive, no 4* record dive, no water boosting gear, no Imperils, just straight up tons of damage. I could get used to Ninjas.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

womp womp wwwoooommmpppppp

No dupes but if I was going to pull FFVI stuff I'd rather have wanted Celes BSB2

I wonder why FFIV stuff eludes me so much.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Anyone know how good holy is now in JP? All this talk about 6* mag sticks, DeNA has given me half of the 6* USB mind rods-Aerith, Selphie, Yuna plus Rosa's Bow and Penelo's suit. I'm not even sure I have much of a use for all of this Mind.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

I got the number one thing I wanted on the banner, and as a bonus the saddest soul break.

I'm content

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

I didn't get Bartz's USB. I did three pulls, which was my budget. Only one 6* item out of the 6 big items I got total. Two of them were Bartz's BSB3, one was Locke's BSB, one was Rydia's BSB, one was Celes' BSB2 (which was at least ONE thing I really wanted), and one was Cecil's USB, which I don't know if it's good or not.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Dr Pepper posted:

I got the number one thing I wanted on the banner, and as a bonus the saddest soul break.

I'm content

Oh hey we got the same pull, relic wise! I was so excited when two disco balls popped up.

Does the Chicken Knife ever show up again?

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???
Already had 3 relics but I went for it anyway, got 2 dupes (Relm BSB, Faris USB) and 1 new thing (Butts earth BSB). I got pretty exited when I saw the disco ball only for it to be the one 6* on the banner that I already have :smith: At least it's a good stat stick but man, I really wanted Terra's or Butts' USB.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!
1/11, yet again. With Gogo BSB, the Worst Relic On The Banner. I'm getting so sick of this garbage.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

2/11

Rydia BSB (dupe)
Relm BSB

The only dupes I had was Rydia and Ceodore on this banner :(

loving hate this game sometimes

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I got dupe/11 on the NES banner, and dupe/11 again on SNES. I'm actually starting to get upset.

e: they're not even good dupes for fucks sake

Fister Roboto fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Sep 27, 2017

Gentleman Owl
Apr 29, 2013

No dupes, wanted Celes/Terra.

Got Celes. Content enough that I'll just save mythril until the next VI banner for a shot at Terra, don't feel like tempting dupes by pulling again right now.

Philouza
Jul 20, 2005
100 gem - Mog BSB. Sure, I'll take a new burst on that pull
Pull 1 - Cecil USB. Is this good? I know it's +Holy but I already have 7* and 6* +Holy weapons so as a stat stick it's not particularly useful.
Pull 2 - Locke BSB. Bleh....my 3rd imperil-fire burst along with Galuf and Thancred.

Bummed, not a good use of 100 mythril.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

There's going to be a second round of the 30-mythril dungeon right? I might be able to do another pull if so.

Benthalus
Jul 5, 2002

You guys are going to hate me:

3 of those are dupes. None are the USB I really wanted.

I suppose Faris has a new toy to go with her BSB.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Is this even a good banner if I already have Bartz' BSB2 and Celes' BSB2? I really want USBs for Bartz and Terra but I can't get a good read on everything else. Some of it sounds decent but without pulling out a spreadsheet and looking at potencies and poo poo I have no idea how much of it is actually useful.

Also, how much more mythril are we looking at before the Crystal Tower banner goes away, assuming I've done everything there is so far? We are getting 30 more from the mythril pot phase 2 iirc, but is anything else dropping that's worth a decent chunk of mythril?

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Too many dupes for me to pull, and if you're like me and only after the VI relics for Mog, Terra and Celes, that upcoming VI banner is way better.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

yeeeeessss
I was ready to pull 2 or 3 times on this banner, now what do I do

Nihilarian fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Sep 29, 2017

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."
My condolences to most of you. We'll get through this together!!!

e: 100 gem trash. gonna do four pulls on Banner 3 so I hope it goes well.

MikeSevigny
Aug 6, 2002

Habs 2006: Cristobal Persuasion
I drew 1/11 on banner 2, but it was Butz USB. So far this month I've picked up his USB, BSb3, LMR and a +earth sword. Once I finish my Squall legend dive he's up next. I also drew Rydia's BSB on the 100-gem pull so it's a good day for earth damage.

Armitage posted:

womp womp wwwoooommmpppppp

No dupes but if I was going to pull FFVI stuff I'd rather have wanted Celes BSB2

I wonder why FFIV stuff eludes me so much.

Mog BSB is sick. Drop him in a mage party as a debuffer/backup healer/faithga and after a while you'll hardly notice how traumatic his entry animation is.

Hawkeye
Jun 2, 2003
2 of 3 budgeted pulls used!

First pull: Celes bsb2 (my main want!), Faris USB, Mog Bsb, Locke bsb (was my consolation prize if I just got that)

Second pull: Terra USB (my second most want!), Faris USB again, and a dupe Relm bsb

Incredibly content now, I'd love to pull a third time but maybe I'll save for a pull on the shadow banner or something.

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
Pull 1 gets my worse scenario: Faris USB dupe and Relm BSB.

A rage pull gets me Rydia BSB. I'm done. I don't even know what else I wanna pull on now with my soon 150 Mithril.

Cosmic Afro fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Sep 27, 2017

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

MikeSevigny posted:

I drew 1/11 on banner 2, but it was Butz USB. So far this month I've picked up his USB, BSb3, LMR and a +earth sword. Once I finish my Squall legend dive he's up next. I also drew Rydia's BSB on the 100-gem pull so it's a good day for earth damage.

Mog BSB is sick. Drop him in a mage party as a debuffer/backup healer/faithga and after a while you'll hardly notice how traumatic his entry animation is.

I just found out I can't even dive Mog :smith:

Jedi425
Dec 6, 2002

THOU ART THEE ART THOU STICK YOUR HAND IN THE TV DO IT DO IT DO IT

Cosmic Afro posted:

Pull 1 gets my worse scenario: Faris USB dupe and Relm BSB.

A rage pull gets me Rydia BSB. I'm done. I don't even know what else I wanna pull on now with my soon 150 Mithril.

Yeah between the number of dupes I have on this and knowing that Terra will be back in the next FFVI banners, I'm skipping it. Thanks whoever posted that. Someday, I will get that damned Terra sword.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

It seems like there's going to be a brief period of breathing room where most of the banners are lame for a few weeks after this all ends, but part of me feels like that's exactly when Dena is going to finally drop those superfest elemental banners that we missed.

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011

Jedi425 posted:

Yeah between the number of dupes I have on this and knowing that Terra will be back in the next FFVI banners, I'm skipping it. Thanks whoever posted that. Someday, I will get that damned Terra sword.

Global swapping Rosa USB to Faris USB directly hosed me over, because it was a dupe for me. Oh well, I have 3 dupes on 3, I'll see what that gives me and I'll likely pull on 5 as well, then maybe save for Dissidia or Crystal tower, maybe both.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

I've been away from the game aside from logging in for mythril daily. Pulled on Banner 2, got Bartz USB and Faris USB.

Is that good?

Action George
Apr 13, 2013
2/11 Rydia and Relm (dupe) BSB. Not the worst possible draw but not amazing either. Bartz and Terra USB and Celes BSB2 have me tempted to pull again but I think I'd rather go hard on the next banner.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Crazy Larry posted:

2/11 Rydia and Relm (dupe) BSB. Not the worst possible draw but not amazing either. Bartz and Terra USB and Celes BSB2 have me tempted to pull again but I think I'd rather go hard on the next banner.

Same loving bullshit as me, just the opposite result.

I feel different though, any dupe is immediately worthless to me. I'd rather go 3/11 all shared relics than 1/2 /11 dupes. I am pulling because I am trying to get more utility, not more of the same poo poo.

That being said, relm bsb is i guess OK, but i skipped the healer BSB lucky banners for this loving reason, I don't need more healing bsbs!

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

What's on the Crystal Tower and Dissidia banners I can't find it.

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

Infidel Castro posted:

I've been away from the game aside from logging in for mythril daily. Pulled on Banner 2, got Bartz USB and Faris USB.

Is that good?

Faris USB1 is meh/okay depending on what you have, but Bartz USB is top-tier and will serve you well. Hone up those Spellblades!

Electric Phantasm posted:

What's on the Crystal Tower and Dissidia banners I can't find it.

Crystal Tower is basically a full-priced Lucky Draw that you can grab a BSB of your choice after. The BSB selections aren't amazing, but there are some gems.

code:
FF1: ??? 
FF2: Leila BSB
FF3: Cloud of Darkness BSB
FF4: Porom BSB
FF5: Krile BSB
FF6: Edgar BSB
FF7: Aerith BSB
FF8: Seifer BSB
FF9: Freya BSB
FF10: Lulu BSB
FF11: Prishe BSB
FF12: Penelo BSB
FF13: Vanille BSB
FF14: Thancred BSB
FFT: Orlandeau BSB
The Dissidia Banner is here: https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/69cye2/gathering_of_heroes_jp_megathread_dff/

ceaselessfuture fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Sep 27, 2017

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

Infidel Castro posted:

Is that good?

Bartz USB is arguably the best relic in the entire fest and Faris USB is decent utility so you done good.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

4/11, Relm BSB, Golbez BSB, Ceodore BSB, and Rydia BSB (Dupe)

i mean, i cannot wag my finger at a 4 item pull that hard but it feels like a gentle kick in the nuts not to get any of the headliners

edit: i just double checked and the rydia bsb was literally the only duplicate for me on the entire banner, dammit game

Cowcaster fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Sep 27, 2017

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

It seems like there's going to be a brief period of breathing room where most of the banners are lame for a few weeks after this all ends, but part of me feels like that's exactly when Dena is going to finally drop those superfest elemental banners that we missed.

I'm paranoid about this and also want to save at least 100 mythril to be disappointed by the Balthier USB banner in a few months so I'm straight up considering not pulling on the normal fest banners at all.

I really really want Terra and Bartz USBs though...

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

iPodschun posted:

Gem draw is tomorrow

Some details are out: https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/72pgd3/gemonly_draw_starts_927_600pm_pdt/

"
The Relics in the FF 30th Anniversary Selection Relic Draw will only include those that have appeared in the game up until FF 30th Anniversary Relic Draw Phase 2.
The select Relics in this 11x Relic Draw will only include those that have appeared in the game up to the challenge event, Sworn by Steel.
"

Sworn by Steel is the Meliadoul event. JP only went up to the V Gogo event so we'll have 14 more events worth of BSBs that might be on the selection.

MikeSevigny
Aug 6, 2002

Habs 2006: Cristobal Persuasion

Armitage posted:

I just found out I can't even dive Mog :smith:

I don't think he needs it at this point. With his BSB you're mostly using him for his entry buff, instant heals, and dances/proshellga. He's not as squishy as you'd think either.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Also, a new torment is out and it gives Samurai Motes? WE JUST loving GOT SAMURAI MOTES

It's not like I'm loving jonesing to make demonsblood, the ability is not even that good.

I dunno, Spellblade Motes, OK motes, or Knight Motes would be way more valuable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

iPodschun posted:

Some details are out: https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/72pgd3/gemonly_draw_starts_927_600pm_pdt/

"
The Relics in the FF 30th Anniversary Selection Relic Draw will only include those that have appeared in the game up until FF 30th Anniversary Relic Draw Phase 2.
The select Relics in this 11x Relic Draw will only include those that have appeared in the game up to the challenge event, Sworn by Steel.
"

Sworn by Steel is the Meliadoul event. JP only went up to the V Gogo event so we'll have 14 more events worth of BSBs that might be on the selection.
so to be clear, the mythril version that lets you select a BSB isn't coming tomorrow?

• Locked thread