Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

is it hard to find the cable that is always in the same place sticking out of your console?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Awesome! posted:

is it hard to find the cable that is always in the same place sticking out of your console?

yes, because Xbone owners
a) Have houses that are wider than 4' across at their widest part
b) Don't like loving lmao USB cables dangling off their consoles "So they can plug in their controller instead of just swapping out the rechargeable batteries like a normal person"

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Ether Frenzy posted:

b) Don't like loving lmao USB cables dangling off their consoles "So they can plug in their controller instead of just swapping out the rechargeable batteries like a normal person"
but somehow they loving love having an external hdd hooked up

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
Do y'all really have so many games installed at once that you have to have externals? I just delete the games I'm not playing at the moment. Am I in the minority?

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Look, these exclusive remakes of games you bought on the PS3 3 years ago don't really take up a lot of room, okay?

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Daric posted:

Do y'all really have so many games installed at once that you have to have externals? I just delete the games I'm not playing at the moment. Am I in the minority?

Ether Frenzy posted:

yes, because Xbone owners
a) Have houses that are wider than 4' across at their widest part and
b) thus have cables lmao dangling out of their consoles with external hdds connected

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Because youre poo poo from a chapped rear end

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
I can only imagine the lols that would have ensued from the Sony Defense Force if it'd been the MIcrosoft accessory product that had something as loving stupid as a non-replaceable battery in it

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Oh cool a flimsy door on an already flimsy controller and a new expense two hours after the included ones give out. This owns.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Oh cool I'm standing 3 feet from my console, hunched over to the included cable, my TV is 18" from my face, and electricity to charge my battery is free if it comes out of this weird 'socket' on my wall. This owns.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
I have both consoles and have never had a single issue with either dual shock for 2 years

Like one week into bonerdom the bonetroller creaks and deforms under any sort of grip like some 10 dollar universal tv remote, half the buttons have weird wiggle room in their seats and it wont play nice with half the rechargeables ive got. It sucks.

Yeah I'd like the ds to last longer and I'll be sad when it dies but it hasnt yet.

Edit: lmao if you dont have a socket near where you sit or a decent length mini usb.

Intel&Sebastian fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Sep 27, 2017

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Of all the things to defend... sticking AA batteries into a game controller in tyool 2017 :laffo:

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
Input lag on the controller when wifi is like 300ms compared to 10ms when connected

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Daric posted:

Do y'all really have so many games installed at once that you have to have externals?
no, you have to have an external because the load times off it are way faster for some hosed up reason lol

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Jeff Sichoe posted:

Input lag on the controller when wifi is like 300ms compared to 10ms when connected

Uhhh. Source please. That sounds way off. That's a full third of a second. That would be unplayable. Everything I've ever read says under 10ms difference between wired and wireless. And wireless controllers don't run off of wifi.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

veni veni veni posted:

Of all the things to defend... sticking AA batteries into a game controller in tyool 2017 :laffo:

Yeah, it's really nice. I have several devices that use AA batteries so when one of them dies, I can grab some from another device if I don't have any other charged up yet.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Cojawfee posted:

Yeah, it's really nice. I have several devices that use AA batteries so when one of them dies, I can grab some from another device if I don't have any other charged up yet.

I have many devices that don't die because they don't use AA batteries.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
I guess it's nice that if I ever needed to I could replace the lithium batteries in my Xbone controllers with AA batteries but it's never come up and probably won't for many years.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

veni veni veni posted:

I have many devices that don't die because they don't use AA batteries.

Oh, lithium ion batteries never lose charge now? I've changed my entire outlook.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
At least on 360 you had a choice between a rechargeable pack that could charge while playing or being this terrible monster person

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib

veni veni veni posted:

Uhhh. Source please. That sounds way off. That's a full third of a second. That would be unplayable. Everything I've ever read says under 10ms difference between wired and wireless. And wireless controllers don't run off of wifi.

Players will also be able to turn the Xbox One controller into a wired controller by hooking it up via a USB cable, Alam reaffirmed.

"The moment you plug in the wire essentially the radio in the controller shuts down, and at that point the controller transforms into being a truly wired controller," he adds, with data carried purely through the USB cable.

yeah 300ms is probably too much, but i'd guess with the bluetooth radio it would at least double input lag vs connected via USB

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Intel&Sebastian posted:

At least on 360 you had a choice between a rechargeable pack that could charge while playing or being this terrible monster person

???

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Jeff Sichoe posted:

Players will also be able to turn the Xbox One controller into a wired controller by hooking it up via a USB cable, Alam reaffirmed.

"The moment you plug in the wire essentially the radio in the controller shuts down, and at that point the controller transforms into being a truly wired controller," he adds, with data carried purely through the USB cable.

yeah 300ms is probably too much, but i'd guess with the bluetooth radio it would at least double input lag vs connected via USB

please do not spread fud

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Jeff Sichoe posted:

Even if it doubles the input lag that's a 10ms difference. It's tiny. People talk about input lag all the time but I don't see it actually affecting anyone other than maybe people playing fighting games in a tournament. I'm incredibly suspect of anyone that claims they can tell a difference otherwise.

Cojawfee posted:

Oh, lithium ion batteries never lose charge now? I've changed my entire outlook.

Mine generally don't because I charge them and if they do I just plug them in and continue to use them while they charge. Technology is great.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Both of these things I had died after three weeks. Best Microsoft quality for €20 a pop (though I got one of the packs with the special silver controller).

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
I guess I don't play as much as y'all because the batteries in my Xbox controller will last a month or more and the PS4 controller will run down over the course of a few hours.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Intel WTF are you doing to your bonetroller's battery cover

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

if you only get a few hours out of a ds4 charge your battery is dead

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Honestly can't remember the last time I changed my batteries in my xbone controller :iiam:

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Awesome! posted:

This can't be true. I was just promised that the DS4 never dies.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Empress Brosephine posted:

Honestly can't remember the last time I changed my batteries in my xbone controller :iiam:

It's been a while since I last used it, too.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Last post i read: someone makes fun of xbox controller

2 hrs later an entire month of posts for this thread appear

Me, wisely: marks thread "read"

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
I have both and they’re both mostly fine? The DS4 needs me to remember to plug it in at the end of the night or else I might end up having to have the cable connecting it next time I play which is kind of annoying but not really. The Xbone controller, I bought two sets of rechargeables so one set is always in the charger and the other is in the controller. I guess it sucks that I had to spend a bit more money on an accessory?

It’s hard for me to get worked up over this set of slightly different trade-offs but I wanted to fit in and everyone else seems to really care about it so thanks for listening.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Yeah they are both fine

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
E; don’t let me interrupt controller chat.

doingitwrong fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Sep 27, 2017

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Awesome! posted:

Oh cool I'll just swap out the battery on my ds4 OH WAIT GUESS NOT

lol at the dipshits who think being able to put whatever AAs you want in your controller and having it last a month is somehow bad

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Syrinxx posted:

lol at the dipshits who think being able to put whatever AAs you want in your controller and having it last a month is somehow bad

You could also do the correct thing and put the Microsoft lithium battery pack in ur Xbox one controller and then if it ever dies you can use AA batteries until the replacement pack arrives.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Syrinxx posted:

its really not that hard unless you have crab hands or something

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
I am an employee of the Microsoft Gaming Division and they pay me to defend the Xbox One on the Something Awful Forums
30 posts and no ENELOOPs comment yet?

jfc, get some eneloops they will change your life I can guarantee everyone has something in their house that still uses batteries (if not check with your wife she certainly will)

Also friendly reminder Cuphead also come out in 2 days finally make sure your battery of choice is charged

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!
I want a