Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Major Spag posted:

It is so difficult for me not to start a Mordian guard army now. I liked their look already and their rules are fantastic. Isn't there a 3rd party that does "Mordian like" lady squads that aren't terrible?

Seriously having difficulties not pulling the trigger on this.
https://victoriaminiatures.com/

More specifically, https://victoriaminiatures.com/collections/tannenburg-fusiliers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Major Spag posted:

It is so difficult for me not to start a Mordian guard army now. I liked their look already and their rules are fantastic. Isn't there a 3rd party that does "Mordian like" lady squads that aren't terrible?

Seriously having difficulties not pulling the trigger on this.

Victoria Lamb does great work. Not cheap but great stuff.

E: Beaten like the red headed stepchild's rented mule.

Major Spag
Nov 4, 2012
Thanks. Bookmarking the gently caress out of that page.

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

I would cry but I don't think I can spare the moisture.
Pillbug
I don't see how the Mordian doctrine sucks, particularly when combined with the 1CP stratagem that makes 5 and 6 hit on overwatch, which with the +1 bonus would mean that 50% of shots hit on overwatch?

EDIT: I understand the current wording of overwatch overrides modifiers but clearly they're going to fix that somehow since it seems extremely unlikely they purposely created a doctrine that does nothing.

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.

bonds0097 posted:

I don't see how the Mordian doctrine sucks, particularly when combined with the 1CP stratagem that makes 5 and 6 hit on overwatch, which with the +1 bonus would mean that 50% of shots hit on overwatch?

EDIT: I understand the current wording of overwatch overrides modifiers but clearly they're going to fix that somehow since it seems extremely unlikely they purposely created a doctrine that does nothing.

Because it's better to be active. Overwatch on 5s, or one unit on 4s, isn't going to win games.

Dr Hemulen
Jan 25, 2003

How do people model IG heavy weapon teams? Do I have to make a little diorama on one of those large bases, or is it OK to model a gut with a big gun and another carrying a powerpack or whatnot?

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat
On the subject of subfactions I picked up the admech codex the other day and Ryza looks kind of fun; 2cp and a dominus on a unit of skitarii lets you put out 6 plasma shots hitting on rerollable 2+ which cant explode, wounding tanks on 2+ and superheavies on 3+ with 3ap doing flat 3 damage each.

Crazy Ferret
May 11, 2007

Welp

HardCoil posted:

How do people model IG heavy weapon teams? Do I have to make a little diorama on one of those large bases, or is it OK to model a gut with a big gun and another carrying a powerpack or whatnot?

I've done that before with the missile launchers and actually regretted it a bit in the end.

The base does not give you much room, but I really like the look of a busy Heavy Weapons team. You don't have too mind you.

Backpacks, ammo, barrels from the vehicle sprues, the odd floating Servitor, all the great bits from the Command Squad sprue. If its a group of heavy weapons teams, I like to make sure there is a sergeant on one. Every mortar team needs a guy swinging a chainsword around, yelling loudly about things.

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

Eh. I'm pretty content with my current logo.

Booley posted:

Russes firing twice with their turret gun if they move under half is great.

If they make 'em cheaper, then we're in business.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

The Sex Cannon posted:

If they make 'em cheaper, then we're in business.

They did. It says the paragraph directly before the strategem.

Shadin
Jun 28, 2009
I want Guard models that are Primaris quality instead of 1998 quality.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

Shadin posted:

Yeah, I will play whichever of Catachans or Greatcoat Mans comes out with a new kit first.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude

Shadin posted:

It doesn't get much better than those 1998 guard though. I love the old Cadians so hard

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Shadin posted:

Yeah but the best IG models came out between 1995-1999 and were all metal

Dr Hemulen
Jan 25, 2003

Crazy Ferret posted:

I've done that before with the missile launchers and actually regretted it a bit in the end.

The base does not give you much room, but I really like the look of a busy Heavy Weapons team. You don't have too mind you.

Backpacks, ammo, barrels from the vehicle sprues, the odd floating Servitor, all the great bits from the Command Squad sprue. If its a group of heavy weapons teams, I like to make sure there is a sergeant on one. Every mortar team needs a guy swinging a chainsword around, yelling loudly about things.

Cool, thanks. I'm also considering modeling them as a single, large servitor construct. Good to know it's not that rigid.

Shadin
Jun 28, 2009

SRM posted:

Okay my random choice of year may have been wrong but my sentiment stands, haha.

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

I would cry but I don't think I can spare the moisture.
Pillbug

Shadin posted:

Okay my random choice of year may have been wrong but my sentiment stands, haha.

Yeah, some of the Goodwin eldar sculpts are awesome but I would still kill for some plastics. Something like the sternguard kit for eldar that lets you build different aspect warriors would be incredible.

Crazy Ferret
May 11, 2007

Welp

HardCoil posted:

Cool, thanks. I'm also considering modeling them as a single, large servitor construct. Good to know it's not that rigid.

Man, that actually sounds really cool. Especially if you got kind of an Ad-Mech feel to your guard as it is. A hulking man-machine thing lugging an autocannon arm would be really neat on that bigger base.

Go wild really. Its your army after all.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

HardCoil posted:

The Only War RPG had a character class for Ogryns involving them carrying around a heavy weapon. That's an option too.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

SRM posted:

Whenever the old metal Kasrkin came out is the correct choice.

gently caress, those models were so good.

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

Eh. I'm pretty content with my current logo.

Floppychop posted:

They did. It says the paragraph directly before the strategem.

Tight. I'm gonna love bringing back my 10 different Russes to games of 40k. It'll be fun to try and sneak in a Brgade Detachment with 5+ Russes.

Also, all metal IG is the coolest. Steel Legion are still the best IG models. I don't care how many chips I have to fix every month.

poo poo, now I wanna go buy some Kasrkin off eBay.

The Sex Cannon fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Sep 26, 2017

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Beerdeer posted:

It doesn't get much better than those 1998 guard though. I love the old Cadians so hard

Agreed they are the best years for guard, and also before the Star Wars sentinel design.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

The Bee posted:

I feel like conscripts and artillery are going to be eating nerfs, at the very least. Hopefully more of the IG range, like tanks, becomes usable to fill the void.

Fix baddle cannons

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
What needs fixing is vanquishers. Battle cannons that shoot twice sounds fine

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

chutche2 posted:

What needs fixing is vanquishers. Battle cannons that shoot twice sounds fine

They'd still be frustratingly swingy, but battle cannons that fire twice with no heavy weapon penalty sounds like a massive improvement.

Of course, now they'll have to compete with every other turret weapon doing the same thing. Anyone here have the options on hand to lay them out?

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
IIRC the math was other than the punisher vs single wound infantry and the demolisher cannon when it was in range, the battle cannon was better than all the others. Even better at tank killing than the vanquisher. This won't change any of that, just make them all twice as good.

Also don't they already have no heavy weapon penalty when moving for the turret? That's not an actual change to how russes work I'm pretty sure

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Whenever the old metal Kasrkin came out is the correct choice.

gently caress, those models were so good.

So 2003, with the rest of guard infantry/weapons sculpts?

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte
Punishers becoming heavy 40 just makes them even better. So so good.

My steel legion will probably drag along an executioner now. Heavy 6 plasma cannon and two sponsons that don’t suffer movement penalties either. Well hot drat.

God damnit please preview the loving Armageddon boys this week. I can’t wait.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer
I'm honestly more curious about Cadia than anything. I mean, they just had their planet blown up so I'm hoping for some neat rules that reflect their new homelessness.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Pendent posted:

I'm honestly more curious about Cadia than anything. I mean, they just had their planet blown up so I'm hoping for some neat rules that reflect their new homelessness.

+1Ld :downs:

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
They're still missing the best IG faction:

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte

BULBASAUR posted:

They're still missing the best IG faction:

Firstly: how dare you

And nah, they’ve got an entire army list in Imperial Armour.

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte

Pendent posted:

Hopefully you can take Creed in his pokeball as a HQ choice.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
So I fought an imperial fists player using Storm of Fire and it was actually kinda brutal. Having my infantry denied cover save and every 6 to wound reducing the AP by 1 actually did a lot to improve all his bolter and bolt rifle shots.

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!
You fuckers have me pricing out Death Korps of Krieg models.

If they release new plastic Mordians or Steel Legion, I am in trouble.

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009

dexefiend posted:

You fuckers have me pricing out Death Korps of Krieg models.

http://madrobotminiatures.com/

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte

dexefiend posted:

I've got 80 metal steel legion troops, and if they made plastic, I'd a) cry but then b) make that closer to 180, I think.

I'm genuinely surprised that they really did so well with the rules for the regiments. I was fully expecting 1 maybe 2 fluffy rules that don't really do anything. What we've seen so far is fantastic.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
How are the Death Korp rules?

Thanks for this link! I love the "Grognard Pattern Laz Rifle". The prices are actually pretty affordable too

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
Disgustingly Resilient

Poxwalkers are pretty fun to paint

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

The Sex Cannon posted:

Tight. I'm gonna love bringing back my 10 different Russes to games of 40k. It'll be fun to try and sneak in a Brgade Detachment with 5+ Russes.

Also, all metal IG is the coolest. Steel Legion are still the best IG models. I don't care how many chips I have to fix every month.

poo poo, now I wanna go buy some Kasrkin off eBay.

Catachan Leman Russes are going to be terrifying and hilarious.