Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Taintrunner posted:

Jill Stein had a more pragmatic and realistic approach to climate change than Hillary Clinton

voting for her was the responsible sign that you are willing to support a compromise candidate
Also that you look like a douchebag

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

FactsAreUseless posted:

I found this online and have no context for it, but please enjoy jill_stein_voter.png

Not sure what it is supposed to be, but I like the idea for a halloween costume.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

Not sure what it is supposed to be, but I like the idea for a halloween costume.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

buttigieg

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
https://twitter.com/timkaine/status/912825440859049984

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Jazerus posted:

buttigieg

http://www.wndu.com/content/news/South-Bend-Mayor-Pete-Buttigieg-helps-city-crews-clean-up-the-city-442940463.html

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I have no idea who this guy is but I was like "I wonder if he's a Republican" and lol of course he is

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
:same:

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

loquacius posted:

I have no idea who this guy is but I was like "I wonder if he's a Republican" and lol of course he is

all the chairs are republicans :ssh:

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Jazerus posted:

buttigieg

:hai:

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Jazerus posted:

buttigieg

booty judge

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer
where da leftward hoes at

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

FREE STUFF

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
bernie

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

mods please do the needful

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
#280characters may save politics.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

ThndrShk2k posted:

#280characters may save politics.

Yeah, the next Jen Kirkman tweetstorm about bots and bros will only need to be 31 tweets long instead of 62

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

loquacius posted:

Yeah, the next Jen Kirkman tweetstorm about bots and bros will only need to be 31 tweets long instead of 62
The president will be able to use more full words.

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
Unironically though the limited amount of characters so long after there were solutions for SMS users who receive long texts is a huge factor in quality on twitter. My tracfone gave me long 140 char DMs as 2 sms messages back in 2008

They got engrossed in the culture of 140 and digital life being this static thing rather than the platform having to evolve in more aspects than hashes, official RT support, and other minor things.

Even with some people getting 280 it's not gonna make twitter less poo poo overnight

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

can winking turn an otherwise legal statement into illegal political corruption in the eyes of the supreme court

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/ethan_booker/status/912843100858568707

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

ThndrShk2k posted:

The president will be able to use more full words.

It's not the lack of characters that's limited his vocabulary.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

https://twitter.com/yaaaaskween/status/890772273468243969

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Captain_Maclaine posted:

It's not the lack of characters that's limited his vocabulary.
But of course being able is different than exercising that ability to it's fullest potential.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

ThndrShk2k posted:

Even with some people getting 280 it's not gonna make twitter less poo poo overnight

I don't think anyone's suggesting that it's going to make twitter less poo poo.

There is no technical solution to the problem of twitter with the possible exception of a specific sort of solar flare.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Donkwich posted:

where da leftward hoes at

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

https://twitter.com/yaaaaskween/status/905922783485493253

this has to be a parody account

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

too late we're already a nation of smooth brain zombies

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

it's an account called @yaaaaskween and the name is GoldmanSacksofCash, i don't know what more they could do other than literally tweet #parody

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

...cmon man

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

It's unquestionably a parody but I guarantee you that there is someone out there saying exactly the same things sincerely.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

docbeard posted:

It's unquestionably a parody but I guarantee you that there is someone out there saying exactly the same things sincerely.

yeah the account has a lot of interaction w sincere-lookin zerg

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

lol

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
*50 percent of Black America's wealth gets evaporated by white-owned financial criminal institutions and the president does literally nothing, only to take millions in kickbacks after leaving office* the economy is meritocratized

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Taintrunner posted:

*50 percent of Black America's wealth gets evaporated by white-owned financial criminal institutions and the president does literally nothing, only to take millions in kickbacks after leaving office* the economy is meritocratized

ThndrShk2k posted:

Green Lives Matter

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

docbeard posted:

I don't think anyone's suggesting that it's going to make twitter less poo poo.

There is no technical solution to the problem of twitter with the possible exception of a specific sort of solar flare.

dont underistimate the majestic bomb

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

:hai:

never questioning

we want the same loyalty that trump base has, d-d-drat, how does he do it and how do you fleece them

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

Taintrunner posted:

uh, we're capitalists and that's just the way it is.

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

docbeard posted:

Yeah that Marcus Johnson dude went on a rant a while back about how anti-capitalism is anti-black because capitalism is the ticket out of poverty. If that were my ticket I think I'd ask for a refund.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
Hahaha, Condiv objected to Obama saying that we're living in the best time in history, and USPol threw a poo poo fit. Loam has a weird hate fetish against him or something.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

• Locked thread