Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

89 posted:

Cause fantasy football and stuff.

Then just start shotgunning offers friend.

You never know if you don't ask

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

Spoeank posted:

Then just start shotgunning offers friend.

You never know if you don't ask

*Offers DT & Diggs to the 0-3 team with Antonio Brown*

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
What's up with Julio's back? I don't like hearing "back injury"

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

89 posted:

What's up with Julio's back? I don't like hearing "back injury"

I'm thinking of putting Tate in over him this week...

PyroDwarf
Aug 24, 2010
I have Kirk cousins in an 8 player league. Russell Wilson and jameis Winston are on WW, drop cousins for Wilson?

PyroDwarf fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Sep 27, 2017

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer

VietCampo posted:

Anyone watch the bengals game? How are Mixons prospects now with the chance of OC?

I watched about half of it and he looked good to me. Got a lot of good looks and kept getting them after Gio and Hill had some good touches.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

PyroDwarf posted:

I have Kirk cousins in an 8 player league. Russell Wilson and jameis Winston are on WW, drop cousins for Wilson?

Yes

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Waiver Wire stuff from the newest GOON PROJECT as written by Sataere:

Quarterbacks:
https://footballabsurdity.com/2017/09/26/waiver-wire-quarterback-week-four/

Running Backs:
https://footballabsurdity.com/2017/09/26/waiver-wire-running-back-week-four/

Wide Receivers:
https://footballabsurdity.com/2017/09/26/waiver-wire-wide-receiver-week-four/

Tight Ends:
https://footballabsurdity.com/2017/09/26/waiver-wire-tight-end-week-four/

Edit: fixed, thanks SSS! vvv

Spoeank fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Sep 27, 2017

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

Your WR and RB links are the same. Also thanks!

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
What're yalls thoughts about Snead? He plays Sunday finally, and I've had him stashed away on the bench. Worth starting him or wait to see?

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

VaultAggie posted:

What're yalls thoughts about Snead? He plays Sunday finally, and I've had him stashed away on the bench. Worth starting him or wait to see?

I'm starting him in PPR.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Spoeank posted:

Waiver Wire stuff from the newest GOON PROJECT as written by Sataere:

Quarterbacks:
https://footballabsurdity.com/2017/09/26/waiver-wire-quarterback-week-four/

No Hoyer? 23 for 37, 332 yards, 2 passing TDs, one rushing TD, 1 int. Going up against Arizona the issue?

OK yes but not every league uses this kind of waiver wire priority and if your TE is dead you still need one so

i'm not sure you are taking this seriously spoeank

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Ooh, my tight end is not dead, but I do need one (I think). I posted on the previous page but I'd like to ditch Fleener (especially with Snead's return) and I'm trying to decide whether to waiver up a TE or try to swing a trade. I have a strong team but TE is my weak point and I'd like to get it squared away. I guess my main question was less a "Who should I try to bid for on waivers?" and more "If I tried to work a trade, how do I compare the value of other people's TEs versus the RBs/WRs I'd be using as trade bait?" Like, if I think Delanie Walker is the last piece of the puzzle for my first-place team and can be my set-and-forget guy for the rest of the season, is that worth trading Frank Gore? (I have Hunt, Cohen, McCaffrey, Gore, Duke Johnson)

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Leperflesh posted:

No Hoyer? 23 for 37, 332 yards, 2 passing TDs, one rushing TD, 1 int. Going up against Arizona the issue?

OK yes but not every league uses this kind of waiver wire priority and if your TE is dead you still need one so

i'm not sure you are taking this seriously spoeank

lol I didn't even write them. The point is... don't waste FAAB or waiver priority on a TE, just wait until they go through and get one of FA to stream. And the streams come later in the week.

And Hoyer is not good

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

So put it out in my league that I'm interesting in moving Ajayai and Michael Thomas.

Put the kids to bed and came back with these 3 trade offers:

Give: Ajayai, Thomas
Get: Hyde

Get: The 2nd Best Gordon... Melvin

Give: Ajayai
Get: Abdullah and D. Parker

0ppr league and basically it's a rb dominated league. They score more points due to some wonky stats than top level WR's hence why I'm trying to make a move for one.

Current Lineup:
QB: Wilson
RB's: Ajayai, Bell, Ingram, T. Coleman
WR's: M. Thomas, E. Sanders, D. Amendola, J. Crowder, R. Matthews, R. Higgins, T. Williams
TE's: Graham

Thoughts? He'd prefer to trade Hyde and I'd definitely like to dump Ajayai since I think he will be busto this year.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Alfalfa posted:

So put it out in my league that I'm interesting in moving Ajayai and Michael Thomas.

Put the kids to bed and came back with these 3 trade offers:

Get: Hyde

Get: The 2nd Best Gordon... Melvin

Give: Ajayai
Get: Abdullah and D. Parker

0ppr league and basically it's a rb dominated league. They score more points due to some wonky stats than top level WR's hence why I'm trying to make a move for one.

Current Lineup:
QB: Wilson
RB's: Ajayai, Bell, Ingram, T. Coleman
WR's: M. Thomas, E. Sanders, D. Amendola, J. Crowder, R. Matthews, R. Higgins, T. Williams
TE's: Graham

Thoughts? He'd prefer to trade Hyde and I'd definitely like to dump Ajayai since I think he will be busto this year.

All three of those are very bad trades for you.

If I was moving a consensus top-ten drated RB and a borderline top-ten consensus WR this early in the season I would be looking to get a top-five player at either position.

Nevermind that Hyde & Gordon already have injury scares.

Abdullah and Parker is a downgrade on both counts, and I love Abdullah.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
I went well out of my way to trade Ajayi after getting him via autodraft, so I get where you are coming from but those trades are bad.

gloom
Feb 1, 2003
distracted from distraction by distraction
One of the new players in our 10-person 0.5 PPR league is getting frustrated and wants to overhaul his roster (he's dropped a few pieces that might still be good, like Crowell and Crowder, who got picked up from waivers). Now another player has offered him Hopkins and Garcon for Julio Jones, and it's up for a vote. My first inclination was instantly against, but after looking at the numbers so far, I'm less sure. Thoughts?

The guy making the trade offer has one of the stronger rosters in the league already:
QB Winston, Mariota
WR Evans, Hopkins, Martavis Bryant, Garcon
RB Elliot, Cook, Howard, Martin, Chris Thompson
TE Delanie Walker

The new guy has some holes:
QB Brees, Wentz
WR Jones, Tate, Rishard Matthews
RB Gillislee, CMC
TE Jared Cook
(plus a bunch of empty bench slots right now, he cycles through random players and cuts them after a week)

Trades almost never happen in this league; last year there was only one for the whole season. What should I vote on this?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

gloom posted:

One of the new players in our 10-person 0.5 PPR league is getting frustrated and wants to overhaul his roster (he's dropped a few pieces that might still be good, like Crowell and Crowder, who got picked up from waivers). Now another player has offered him Hopkins and Garcon for Julio Jones, and it's up for a vote. My first inclination was instantly against, but after looking at the numbers so far, I'm less sure. Thoughts?

The guy making the trade offer has one of the stronger rosters in the league already:
QB Winston, Mariota
TE Delanie Walker

QB Brees, Wentz
RB Gillislee, CMC
TE Jared Cook
(plus a bunch of empty bench slots right now, he cycles through random players and cuts them after a week)

Trades almost never happen in this league; last year there was only one for the whole season. What should I vote on this?

League votes are a mistake for this exact reason.

Here's how far your vote should go

(1) Is this collusion?
If yes, veto and kick them out if it happens again.
If no, do not veto.

Putting it up to a league vote where people decide if it's unfair is probably why only one trade went through last year.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

gloom posted:

QB Winston, Mariota
TE Delanie Walker

QB Brees, Wentz
RB Gillislee, CMC
TE Jared Cook

It clearly isn't collusion, so vote to allow it.

gloom
Feb 1, 2003
It's def. not collusion, so I voted in favor. Thanks guys, still new to this aspect.

Only one trade was even offered last year, and it passed unanimously, John Brown for Frank Gore (LOL)

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

gloom posted:

It's def. not collusion, so I voted in favor. Thanks guys, still new to this aspect.

Only one trade was even offered last year, and it passed unanimously, John Brown for Frank Gore (LOL)

That trade owns.

I would definitely raise the prospect of having a commish review (for collusion) and immediate processing for trades to pass. With the tight window for TNF it could muck up trades otherwise.

If you can't trust the commish, my main league has a three-person quorum who votes on collusion or not.

gloom
Feb 1, 2003

Spoeank posted:

That trade owns.

I would definitely raise the prospect of having a commish review (for collusion) and immediate processing for trades to pass. With the tight window for TNF it could muck up trades otherwise.

If you can't trust the commish, my main league has a three-person quorum who votes on collusion or not.
Very helpful suggestions! I'll put it to the rest of the league. Our commish seems fine but this is his first season, after our previous one had some personal stuff come up (she still plays, just stepped down from managing).

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
gently caress. In my QB yardage bonus league, someone dropped Winston.

I have Mariota & Luck already..

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

FYI, last week was absurd (I own four of the top 10 RBs and five of the top 11 WRs), and this week all my players are in the Thrusday game or terrible weather London or stormy Tampa Bay and will probably suck nuts, so in a giant regression to the mean you all should probably fade all those players.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

Drop Marvin jones and golladay for marques Lee and Jamal Charles? Sanu, javorius Allen, and Carson are all available.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Parallelwoody posted:

Drop Marvin jones and golladay for marques Lee and Jamal Charles? Sanu, javorius Allen, and Carson are all available.

Of all those players I would go (personally)

Chris Carson (with a bullet)
Marqise Lee
Jamaal Charles/Mo Sanu (depending on situation)
Marvin Jones
Kenny Golladay
Buck Allen

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
And Chris Hogan is just sitting out there even though I have Green/DT/Keenan/Diggs/Garçon/Golladay and I have waiver #6 of 10...I mean....he is technically in the top 5 in points...

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Chris Hogan is what you hope and think Kenny Golladay is

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

Spoeank posted:

Chris Hogan is what you hope and think Kenny Golladay is

I canceled my waiver last second and somebody else got him.

Now I'm #5 waiver..

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Chris Hogan owns you can troll your ff group chat with hulk gifs after every catch

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Something else going on with Snead? Just dropped Golladay for Snead seems like a no-brainer.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

If Chris Hogan was on the WW and you didn't even try to get him you're insane.

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

Smallwood is the better roster depth hold than Powell at this point, right? .5 ppr if it's relevant to this.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Lmao so a league mate needed a WR bad. We hashed out a Crowder/West/CJ?K for Howard/Beasley/Jaguars. I totally won the trade and I'm amazed that that was his counter offer.

He just dropped West for a defense. So since my waiver for dropping Packers defense for Prosise didn't process, I'll be picking West back up just in case.

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013
What do I do with Hunter Henry? He's put up two donuts in 3 weeks and cost me two losses. The only guys worth mentioning that are availablebare Cook, Engram and Brate.

I hate TE's and am of the opinion that all leagues should abolish the position and just allow the players in a flex position. Also kickers.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

TommyGun85 posted:

What do I do with Hunter Henry? He's put up two donuts in 3 weeks and cost me two losses. The only guys worth mentioning that are availablebare Cook, Engram and Brate.

I hate TE's and am of the opinion that all leagues should abolish the position and just allow the players in a flex position. Also kickers.

Im grabbing ASJ and praying he gets 5 points a week.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

TommyGun85 posted:

What do I do with Hunter Henry? He's put up two donuts in 3 weeks and cost me two losses.

The same thing you do with any player who isn't scoring any points and making you lose. Drop him and find someone else.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

TommyGun85 posted:

I dropped him for Ryan Griffin, who just took over for Fiedorowicz after he got a concussion and went 5 for 6 for 61 yards and a TD. And I'm praying he can keep producing with the lead guy is out on the IR.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

[quote="“Spoeank”" post="“476805677”"]
All three of those are very bad trades for you.

If I was moving a consensus top-ten drated RB and a borderline top-ten consensus WR this early in the season I would be looking to get a top-five player at either position.

Nevermind that Hyde & Gordon already have injury scares.

Abdullah and Parker is a downgrade on both counts, and I love Abdullah.
[/quote]

After sleeping on it I'm holding pat on Ayayajai.

I knew they were bad trades, but I really think Ajayai is going to be 2016 Gurley reincarnated and hate having him.

• Locked thread