Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sockpuppetclock
Sep 12, 2010
I read it more as "we initially gave them a lot of open reign on what they can do but now we wanted them to agree to be completely under our control but they refused."

Also "and we wanted to adjust based on customer expectation, but Yaoyorozu animation studio turned down the offer to take part in this" literally reads as them wanting to put some stupid bullshit in s2 but yaoyorozu refusing.

sockpuppetclock fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Sep 26, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
developments will probably continue after this post but what I understand is Yaoyorozu didn't break copyright law or their contract with Kadokawa. however, the contract came up for renewal and Kadokawa wanted to change the terms so that Yaoyoruzu had to bring their projects to the committee for preapproval. the terms were refused, and so Kadokawa dropped them

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Supposed leaks from a Kadokawa insider

quote:

This isn't a Tatsuki vs Kadokawa, but Yaoyorozu vs Kadokawa
Reasons of the dispute is not 100% clear (likely that Kadokawa is giving Yaoyorozu a pittance), but a fight over the contents to s2 broke out
Yaoyorozu had no chance to win given that Kadokawa holds the IP

Kadokawa did the following after having won this dispute:
-Kick Yaoyorozu out of the production committee, which dragged Tatsuki down with Yaoyorozu studio
-Cut the Voice acting agency affiliated with Yaoyorozu (bye bye Fennec etc)
-Yaoyorozu and Tatsuki banned from any future involvement with Kemono Friends

This is common in animation production committee.
Tatsuki's likely to be outraged, and I being on the side of Kadokawa am also dissatisfied, so I am airing this laundry.
There's a general feeling that S2's going to tank among the partners in the air from all of this, which is obvious given this change in staff and VA
Sorry for rambling, hope that this helps Tatsuki out

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo

quote:

-Cut the Voice acting agency affiliated with Yaoyorozu
lol just lol this is going to bomb spectacularly

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Kind of want to watch an anime about the making of Kemono Friends now.

esselfortium
Jul 19, 2006

Cumulonimbus Antagonistic Posting

Agronox posted:

"I'm here to make kemonos, not friends."
"But what if you didn't have to choose?"

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

You know what's better than a million friends? Twelve episodes of friends.

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~
What a load of corporate PR bullshit from Kadokawa.

I suppose all we can do from the sidelines is support any future projects by Tatsuki and Yaoyorozu, and ridicule season 2 when it turns out to be awful and/or nothing like season 1.

Agronox posted:

That would be cool!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

At least now Yaoyorozu can focus on her hero studies.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Agronox posted:

"You must be a friend who's very bad at damage control!"

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
I think we got the premise for S2 of Shirobako y'all.

But seriously, reading all this bums me out for this doofy yet pleasant little show.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The sign in the Kadokawa building falls down, revealing that it had actually been Konami, all along.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Alternate translation, also from discovered on /a/:

>Regarding Kemono Friends, we already had the privilege of announcing a new screen project, but since then, we have been considering whether to keep using the same production system or implement a new system for a new depiction. As of now, nothing has been decided yet regarding this. With this decision in mind, we prioritized the same production system used in the television anime that aired from January to March this year, and adjusted it to meet viewer expectations. However, we received word from animation studio Yaoyorozu of their intent to pull out this past August, so we currently have to start from square one on a production system.

>Kemono Friends begins with a philosophy of animals first, and through the input of many people it has spawned games, manga, anime, and stage plays. The doors are wide open, and with the help of people who believe in the philosophy we want to spread Kemono Friends around the world. As such, it is not a project that belongs to any one person, and so for the sake of the animals Kemono Friends resumed activity again.

>However, there are works that Yaoyorozu, the studio that handled production, used without contacting or sharing information through the appropriate channels. In order to keep the next project going, we proposed to normalize sharing information in advance, but Yaoyorozu could not accept these conditions and declined.

>In part due to the conditions above, the Kemono Friends screen project will be delayed, but from here on out we will collaborate with everyone who is working on the project to protect the work and its fans, and to carry on the mission of learning more about animals. We will update as soon as possible with information about the screen project.

>Please enjoy upcoming Kemono Friends projects.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
And now a statement from Yaoyorozu, translation also from /a/

Hello Friends. As a result of the recent controversy regarding our involvement in Kemono Friends Project, we at Yaoyorozu have decided that some statement is in order.

Kadokawa Dwango Corporation own the full rights to Kemono Friends, and we were glad for the opportunity to work closely with them in bringing this project to life. After the first season was finished we had planned to continue this working relationship. Sadly, the vision for the future of Kemono Friends put forth by them does not match our own. Every person who worked hard on the Kemono Friends animation project was passionate about what we did and we continue to be passionate about the future of the project, but we unfortunately cannot reach any meaningful consensus with Kadokawa on what to do next.

But even though we will not be involved in the future of this project, nevertheless we will be watching with interest and enthusiasm the adventures of Serval and her friends. Every one of us is united in this. Something wonderful is still waiting for our Friends on the other side of the sea. The future remains bright.

Goodbyes are always bittersweet. It has been a difficult decision for us to let go of Kemono Friends Project. Rarely does a story so special come along that touches so many people across the world.

Lastly, as a result of all of this, we at Yaoyorozu ask that the fans read the first letter of each sentence.

And supposedly Kadokawa's Board will have a meeting this week to discuss the whole situation.

https://twitter.com/sigekun/statuses/912718554721431552

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Hakase Best oh lmfao

sockpuppetclock
Sep 12, 2010

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

And now a statement from Yaoyorozu, translation also from /a/
Honestly thought it was gonna spell THE GAME for a second there :thunk:

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Hahhahhahahahahhaha what a fuckin' farce. Kinda figured they'd gently caress up such a massive cash cow as this.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

https://twitter.com/burgeroise/status/912707269426417665

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
f

sockpuppetclock
Sep 12, 2010

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
I really don't want to be over dramatic but has anything like this happened before? Where a staff with heart has been so quickly gutted of their IP in order to make some quick bucks?

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

https://twitter.com/deep_tailer/status/912355377785614337

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

hashtag not my director

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!
What a goddamn depressing disaster.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I love how in their rush to prospect the IP they completely hosed any chance of drawing another audience for it. They deserve it, capitalist pig dogs.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Pollyanna posted:

I love how in their rush to prospect the IP they completely hosed any chance of drawing another audience for it. They deserve it, capitalist pig dogs.

Really, it went from 'haha ok this is kinda badly made anime but it's so cute' to 'actually real rear end fuckin zoos are promoing it and everyone is talking about how great it is' to 'nope gently caress you guys' in record pace.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
https://twitter.com/ost4tjtsf82AfYO/status/912744584958025728

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Dey dun fuked it al up. Kadokawa had an ugly duckling that turned out to be a golden goose, and not a moment later killed the goose before it could lay eggs.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

I'm way more upset over this then I should be

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

They saw a project that came from the heart and stomped all over it out of greed. It's reasonable to be particularly upset about that.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

At least kemono friends will remain pure as heart filled art and not be run into the ground with this greedy outcome, capitalism fails again as we get to watch kadokawa execs commit corporate seppuku

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

the depressing fanart is unnecessary. the first season had a nice ending lets just leave it at that THANKS

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

https://twitter.com/sasuraiger/status/913043334679154689

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

soon they will get their heads shaved and prostrate themselves in front of a japanese flag

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
New thread title: Kemono Friends - Farewell to Japari Park!

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
https://twitter.com/aya_uchida/status/912745263034273792

quote:

Today I did a recording for Kemono Friends!
It was the previously announced duet of Kaban-chan and Serval-chan ♪
It ended up being suuuper cute and heartwarming ☺︎
I sang from my heart!
I want everyone to hear it soon ♪
so that the people listening will be able to smile...

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

You corporate bastards, you can't win me back with shipping. :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
the duet predates all of this so it's more like a farewell