Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

My beautiful, wonderful boy Balen just passed away this evening at the age of 11 years and 347 days. He would have been 12 on the 25th. There will never be another like him. I've been posting about that dog for over 8 years in this forum, PI. I'll miss it.

I'll miss him.

:glomp: Honey, I'm so sorry. He was such a great boy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

ok frankies now lets get in formation

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

My beautiful, wonderful boy Balen just passed away this evening at the age of 11 years and 347 days. He would have been 12 on the 25th. There will never be another like him. I've been posting about that dog for over 8 years in this forum, PI. I'll miss it.

I'll miss him.

I'm having my house renovated to sell and lived with Fluffy Bunnies and this Good Dog for just shy of 6 months, from November of last year to April of this year. It breaks my heart that I was not there when he left. I can not begin to articulate to you guys the lengths she went to for this dog. He's been falling apart for a good while now and she absolutely wore herself out keeping him happy and comfortable. He's been incontinent for a while, she just carefully cleaned him up and helped him get out to potty when his back end failed, she spent so many sleepless nights cooking giant pots of food for him on the off chance that it would buy him some more time, ya'll just have no idea. Him making it this long is 10000000% because of Fluffy Bunnies.

I've known ten zillion dogs in my life. There never has been and never will be another Balen. He was just One Of Those Dogs.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Writer Cath posted:

:glomp: Honey, I'm so sorry. He was such a great boy.

This just means we need more Bella and more Amy. Rival bitches duke it out tonight on ppv.

Supercondescending posted:

I'm having my house renovated to sell and lived with Fluffy Bunnies and this Good Dog for just shy of 6 months, from November of last year to April of this year. It breaks my heart that I was not there when he left. I can not begin to articulate to you guys the lengths she went to for this dog. He's been falling apart for a good while now and she absolutely wore herself out keeping him happy and comfortable. He's been incontinent for a while, she just carefully cleaned him up and helped him get out to potty when his back end failed, she spent so many sleepless nights cooking giant pots of food for him on the off chance that it would buy him some more time, ya'll just have no idea. Him making it this long is 10000000% because of Fluffy Bunnies.

I've known ten zillion dogs in my life. There never has been and never will be another Balen. He was just One Of Those Dogs.

I had to stop cooking because my knee started crunching lifting 80+ pound pots of boiling hot dogslop off the stove. I also kinda bent the stove. A little bit. Maybe.

(you can still cook on it okay and all but um whoops)

If there was anything I could have done more that would have bought him even a single extra minute, I would have and he knows it (and knew it). I tore down mountains for that dog and did it gladly. And one day I'll do it again.

By the by, Amy is totally chill and just like "lol I have the whole dog bed now, cool".

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
It was raining slightly the other day. I asked Bella if she wanted to go for a walk. Her response?

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp
This big dude turned 11 last week:

Getting up is harder for him every time. :(

kitten
Feb 6, 2003
My condolences on Balen.

Dr Ozziemandius
Apr 28, 2011

Ozzie approves
My condolences on Balen, he was a Good Boy. I lost Sage back the week before Christmas. She had gotten much better after her mystery sickness last summer, and then over about a month just went rapidly downhill. She was almost 12 1/2.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Dr Ozziemandius posted:

My condolences on Balen, he was a Good Boy. I lost Sage back the week before Christmas. She had gotten much better after her mystery sickness last summer, and then over about a month just went rapidly downhill. She was almost 12 1/2.

12 and a half is a hell of a run but I'm still sad about Sage and I'd wondered what'd gone on with that good girl. I'm sorry for you too dude. It's rough. Amy's doing pretty good in terms of Being Amy so at least there's that. How'd(how's?) Ozziedude adjustin?

And all these black danes goin', we're gonna be overrun soon with other colors.

Dr Ozziemandius
Apr 28, 2011

Ozzie approves

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

12 and a half is a hell of a run but I'm still sad about Sage and I'd wondered what'd gone on with that good girl. I'm sorry for you too dude. It's rough. Amy's doing pretty good in terms of Being Amy so at least there's that. How'd(how's?) Ozziedude adjustin?

And all these black danes goin', we're gonna be overrun soon with other colors.

Ozzie's done pretty well. He was lonesome for a bit, then we got a Frenchie in February, and he's been pretty occupied since then. They're big buddies now, and Miss Pickles plagues him to death all day everyday. I'd post some pics, but I'm phone posting this morning. I put some up in the small dog thread a couple months ago.

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

From a couple of weeks back..need to get back up and play in the snow again, while it's still there:

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

God, same, dog, same.

Dr Ozziemandius posted:

Ozzie's done pretty well. He was lonesome for a bit, then we got a Frenchie in February, and he's been pretty occupied since then. They're big buddies now, and Miss Pickles plagues him to death all day everyday. I'd post some pics, but I'm phone posting this morning. I put some up in the small dog thread a couple months ago.

Oh gosh. I guess I need to go look it up.

My little dog, KD, she's been barfy as hell the past few days so now I'm all non-sleeps about that because lol if I lose two dogs in a month I'm gonna go scorched earth on the world. But she's kinda eating at least.

We're looking at a potential dane litter that'd be available around late october/early november. Depending on what pops out of it (if the breeding takes) maybe I'll be posting pup pictures here in a bit. But for right now, Amy's got her "grandpa" (my dad) over here right now so she's pretty happy.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
Bella's having so much trouble getting up, has been for the past couple days. Once she's on her feet, it's not so bad, but gently caress it's so hard to watch.

It's breaking my heart.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Writer Cath posted:

Bella's having so much trouble getting up, has been for the past couple days. Once she's on her feet, it's not so bad, but gently caress it's so hard to watch.

It's breaking my heart.

:( I hope she makes it to 12 man. 2005 editions are having it hard this year.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

:( I hope she makes it to 12 man. 2005 editions are having it hard this year.

She had a rough couple days with my nephews over; always on patrol, keeping an eye on them. Then the fridge started beeping last night, which she associates with Smoke Alarm of Eternal Doom. She was having a super rough time of getting up, but each time she did, it got easier. She went on a decent walk and came up the stairs with only a little fuss. I mean, she's doing as good as she can be, all things considered. But from where she was this morning to where she ended, it's been a lot better.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

So this little poo poo in the past 2 weeks has figured out how to open the door to our garage. So when we leave he opens the door, sees that we are gone and then when we come home he comes out into the garage to great us now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoFH-_waNpo

So yeah, that's new lol

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

mattfl posted:

So this little poo poo in the past 2 weeks has figured out how to open the door to our garage. So when we leave he opens the door, sees that we are gone and then when we come home he comes out into the garage to great us now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoFH-_waNpo

So yeah, that's new lol

That's a clever boy you've got.

Nemico
Sep 23, 2006

My place has a couple of lever handles like that and my dog knows how to open them, as well. But would he, a dog, ever do a bad thing?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

She can't open doors, but she can strike a mean pose:

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Nemico posted:

My place has a couple of lever handles like that and my dog knows how to open them, as well. But would he, a dog, ever do a bad thing?

This little angle

Nah, he's a good boy lol

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp

Nemico posted:

Dogs sniffing flowers are one of my favorite things. Mine (small, unqualified for this thread) will shove her face into every flower we pass on a walk and inhale deeply.

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

So I got a St Bernard (10 weeks old now) a couple weeks back. When should I get him neutered? I don't wanna do it too soon and mess with his bone growth but I also would like to be able to take him to doggy daycare but they won't let him in until he is neutered.

Brand New Malaysian Wife
Apr 5, 2007
I encourage children who are bullied to kill themselves. In fact, I get off to it. Pedophilia-snuff films are the best. More abused children need to kill themselves.

Keegers posted:

So I got a St Bernard (10 weeks old now) a couple weeks back. When should I get him neutered? I don't wanna do it too soon and mess with his bone growth but I also would like to be able to take him to doggy daycare but they won't let him in until he is neutered.

Why haven't you posted pictures, god drat it?!

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Brand New Malaysian Wife posted:

Why haven't you posted pictures, god drat it?!

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Keegers posted:

18+months. gently caress "doggy daycare". It's just gonna make him an rear end in a top hat.

Ideally you're looking at 2 years. You can get xrays at 18 months to see if the growth plates are closed tho.

Brand New Malaysian Wife
Apr 5, 2007
I encourage children who are bullied to kill themselves. In fact, I get off to it. Pedophilia-snuff films are the best. More abused children need to kill themselves.

OH GOD IT'S ADORABLE. Please keep posting pictures of your dog. Forever.

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

This is him at 7 weeks

And him today at just over 10

They grow too fast!

E: he wouldn't sit still for an accurate size comparison.

Keegers fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Sep 12, 2017

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp
OH MY GOD. SO FLUFFY. I MIGHT DIE.

ETA: Boyfriend's St. Bernard went to doggy daycare two days a week as a puppy and apparently loved playing with other dogs & came home tired and happy. Definitely did not make him an rear end in a top hat. Might depend on the place and the other dogs there. For him, though, it was a good chance to socialize.

pookel fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Sep 13, 2017

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

So through a comedy of errors: I've hooked up with a newfie breeder with incredible dogs. There is a dane litter I have my eye on that is likely going to fall through due to phantom pregnancy.

Somebody tell me I'm insane for deeply and seriously considering a big, soft newf.

Poldarn
Feb 18, 2011

Long time lurker first time poster:

I didn't like dogs and then my gf now wife got us a newf and now I love them.

Brand New Malaysian Wife
Apr 5, 2007

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

So through a comedy of errors: I've hooked up with a newfie breeder with incredible dogs. There is a dane litter I have my eye on that is likely going to fall through due to phantom pregnancy.

Somebody tell me I'm insane for deeply and seriously considering a big, soft newf.

GET THE NEWF. POST PICTURES OF YOUR NEWF.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

GET BOTH! Phantom pregnancy = invisible puppy.

Writer Cath fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Sep 27, 2017

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Poldarn posted:

Long time lurker first time poster:

I didn't like dogs and then my gf now wife got us a newf and now I love them.

Please give us pictures of your new baby slobbermonster.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Crossposting from the cute thread:

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Gorilla Salad posted:

That's a face out of a Disney cartoon :allears:

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Gorilla Salad posted:

To be fair, that's Amy with her Grandpa Apple

Also this:

Jeremy_X
Jul 27, 2006

Gorilla Salad posted:

Rotties are the best. Mine is the biggest goof.

Conquest7706
May 20, 2007
My horse dog apparently got a disease that's normally only found in his breed when very young.

"I'm so happy I got Asceptic Meningitis at 6 and 1/2 years old!"

Mourne
Sep 1, 2004

by Athanatos

Conquest7706 posted:

My horse dog apparently got a disease that's normally only found in his breed when very young.

"I'm so happy I got Asceptic Meningitis at 6 and 1/2 years old!"

My poor Berner is 16 months old and has had nothing but a host of issues. Allergies, weight loss, won't eat, terribly goopy eyes, and has completely regressed on his house training. Don't get me wrong, I love him and the breed -- but holy smokes is he a problem child.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mourne
Sep 1, 2004

by Athanatos

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Dude. Get both. Like why is this a question?

POST PICS!!!!