Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Nephthys posted:

Here's a great video. Sorry if its already been posted.
Care to summarize for those of us who don't want to watch a 20 minute "subs vs dubs" video sight unseen?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

Dub dekus word choice makes him sound more confident than the subbed version

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

PMush Perfect posted:

Care to summarize for those of us who don't want to watch a 20 minute "subs vs dubs" video sight unseen?

Japanese Deku pre-quirk is a possibly suicidal teenaged boy who keeps himself going by fantasizing about being heroic, he's also more self-centered. English Deku genuinely believes he can become a hero and more of his lines focuses on others rather than himself.

Detective Eyestorm
Jan 6, 2012
it's a close reading of the first two episodes of the series in both the sub and the dub that provides two subtly different, but equally interesting characterizations for deku and how they contextualize some of the larger themes of the series

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Hommando posted:

Japanese Deku pre-quirk is a possibly suicidal teenaged boy who keeps himself going by fantasizing about being heroic, he's also more self-centered. English Deku genuinely believes he can become a hero and more of his lines focuses on others rather than himself.

Detective Eyestorm posted:

it's a close reading of the first two episodes of the series in both the sub and the dub that provides two subtly different, but equally interesting characterizations for deku and how they contextualize some of the larger themes of the series
Huh. That actually does sound interesting.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
could momo make a nuke

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Farg posted:

could momo make a nuke

of course

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Farg posted:

could momo make a nuke

Seems like a good way to irradiate herself, and the stuff might not be safe/stable/properly contained/whatever while in the process of being made, so I'd say no.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

SyntheticPolygon posted:

If only Stain had tried to illustrate his point through means other than the murder or attempted murder of legitimately decent and heroic people and also children. If only.

He did he started as a street preacher. Then he became a vigilante then a villain.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

stain did nothing wrong

edit: i think i made this exact post earlier in the thread but i really want to make sure everyone knows where my allegiances lie

Kaubocks fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Sep 27, 2017

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

I think she could since she was able to make nesting dolls that had flashbangs in them so I think whatever she makes comes out complete as long as she knows exactly what it's made of and how it works. A lot of poo poo wouldn't work right if she had to assemble it piece by piece or if it came out broken up or exposed before fully removed from her.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

MonsterEnvy posted:

He did he started as a street preacher. Then he became a vigilante then a villain.

It would've been neat to see any of that or get flashbacks or something, because all we get from him is just him being extremely terrible.

E:

Kaubocks posted:

stain did nothing wrong

edit: i think i made this exact post earlier in the thread but i really want to make sure everyone knows where my allegiances lie

He tried to kill my best friend Iida and permanently maimed his cool brother so I will have to disagree.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
She would probably need to be pretty well versed in nuclear physics to perform de novo synthesis of a working, stable nuke though

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
She doesn't need to given that she is capable of single-handedly destroying the economy of every country in the world

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
so what I'm getting is that momo could shoot uranium rods out of her body in every direction, dosing every student at UA with deadly radiation

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

SyntheticPolygon posted:

It would've been neat to see any of that or get flashbacks or something, because all we get from him is just him being extremely terrible.

E:

He tried to kill my best friend Iida and permanently maimed his cool brother so I will have to disagree.

We see him briefly as a Street Preacher in the video Giran showed off back in the Aftermath of Stain Episode. It's still on him that he felt that the solution to no one listening to him was murder.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
stain did everything wrong, shigaraki was right

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

MonsterEnvy posted:

We see him briefly as a Street Preacher in the video Giran showed off back in the Aftermath of Stain Episode. It's still on him that he felt that the solution to no one listening to him was murder.

Must have completely missed that then. Glad even a brief bit was shown though.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Stain pre-Stain shows up in the vigilantes spin off and it fills in some of how he got to where he is now.

There aren't any anime spoilers in the spin off that I recall.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
There's stuff that pops up in both but since it's a prequel you don't have to worry about spoiling plots.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Farg posted:

so what I'm getting is that momo could shoot uranium rods out of her body in every direction, dosing every student at UA with deadly radiation

Don't think too hard about Momo because she has an infinite amount of ways to just straight up kill everyone around her. Like if she had a bad day she could just expel a cloud of sarin in every direction and there isn't anything you can do about it.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Momo is constrained by the fact she uses her own body fuel to create the objects (like poop) so she couldn't really destabilize an country's economy or make a million guns or whatever. She's definitely one of the more broken characters though.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Radish posted:

Momo is constrained by the fact she uses her own body fuel to create the objects (like poop) so she couldn't really destabilize an country's economy or make a million guns or whatever. She's definitely one of the more broken characters though.

There's a number of extremely valuable yet not very massive objects she could make. Metamaterials, isotopes, rare metals, etc.

Spend a month using the quirk to the limit every day, sell it all at once, watch prices crash.

It probably wouldn't stick long term but it'd be fun if you like to see the world panicking.

TurkeyFried
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk:
Assuming she inherited her quirk from one of her parents, it would explain why they're so filthy rich.

Susano-maku da!
Nov 12, 2003

Hi. Did you order the Mongolian… Beef?
Momo has the potential to change the world for good. Like I said, she needs to take art classes.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I think in the manga in one of the bonus pages they make the point that she is very careful about how she uses her quirk as it could easily damage the economy.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Synthesize rare and expensive pharmaceuticals!

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Much like in real life, the actual synthesis of pharmaceuticals is a tiny fraction of their cost. She wouldn't be doing anything a plant in India or China already does in much larger quantities plus she would get nailed for patent infringement.

Realistically she would make an insanely good disaster relief hero since she would be able to create generators, medicine, shelter etc and her only logistical requirements would be food and time.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Radish posted:

Momo is constrained by the fact she uses her own body fuel to create the objects (like poop)

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Actually her body breaks down her fat and reconstructs into what she wants, if anything she'd be dangerously underweight. I guess matroyshka dolls don't need that much

Quirks being tied to biology like Bakugo's sweat is what makes his explosions, Todoroki making himself too cold or too hot, or Sero's tape launchers being actual protrusions under his skin is one of my fav things about Quriks as a power system

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Sep 28, 2017

Astro Ambulance
Dec 25, 2008

bakugo must go through so many sports drinks

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
If Bakugo's quirk is based on his sweat being combustible, would Aizawa be able to erase his quirk entirely since his costume has a separate igniter built into it?

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Those grenade gloves kinda "catch" his sweat and store it and I believe have their own separate igniter once the pins are pulled so I'll say maybe. His Quirk is that his sweat is akin to nitrogylcerin and he can detonate it at will so the question is if Aizawa could just turn the "akin to nitrogylcerin" part off

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Moltrey posted:

Actually her body breaks down her fat and reconstructs into what she wants, if anything she'd be dangerously underweight. I guess matroyshka dolls don't need that much

Quirks being tied to biology like Bakugo's sweat is what makes his explosions, Todoroki making himself too cold or too hot, or Sero's tape launchers being actual protrusions under his skin is one of my fav things about Quriks as a power system

It is neat, but it's not always entirely consistent. We never really get a biological explanation for Shinso's power (although it's possible to imagine one; I assume it works like telepathy in the Foundation books). Then there's people like Manga Fukidashi, whose power seems to have a slight fourth-wall-breaking component.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Yaomomo probably eats like she just got back from a deserted island.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Her family is well-off too so I imagine she never wanted for food really, particularly after discovering her quirk.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

Every night is fancy pasta night!

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
momo carboloads constantly

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Here's a weird one to think about: With sufficient study, could Yaomomo, eventually create complete working electronics? "Oh I don't have a cell phone because I decided a butt like a shelf was more important. Good thing I can literally pull one out of my rear end".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

PMush Perfect posted:

Here's a weird one to think about : With sufficient study, could Yaomomo, eventually create complete working electronics? "Oh I don't have a cell phone because I decided a butt like a shelf was more important. Good thing I can literally pull one out of my rear end".
She can make pretty complex objects. The dolls aren't really a joke since they're coated and have a design and everything. Printed circuitry isn't much different.

Also:

https://twitter.com/YonkouProd/status/913364788578783232

Fabricated fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Sep 29, 2017

• Locked thread