Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

Stabbatical posted:

Cat Deeley's still working?

She moved to America years ago and presented their version of So You Think You Can Dance? Not bad, for someone who started off with Ant and Dec.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

I am very curious about this little crescendo
Porters: pretty good.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
Taskmaster's really good. Aisling Bea is a treasure. Actually they all are, there's not a single one I hate. I'm rooting for Nish.

I'm going back and watching the ones I haven't seen, like series 2, which turned me off right away by having The Teeth Rob Beckett, but turned me back on by having lovely Dave Gorman.

On that note Dave Gorman's Modern Life is Good-ish is still pretty good. I don't know how he gets away with showing something stupid and then 35 minutes later going "yeah that was me" but I fall for it every time.

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
Bob Mortimer is the real treasure, he's just so weird and so naturally funny and there's nobody else remotely like him (except for Vic, but I don't think he's as extroverted and wouldn't be as good)

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Paperhouse posted:

Bob Mortimer is the real treasure, he's just so weird and so naturally funny and there's nobody else remotely like him (except for Vic, but I don't think he's as extroverted and wouldn't be as good)

i sort of thought that went without saying tbh!

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
The thing I love about Bob is when he makes himself laugh and can't help it, it just makes things even funnier. He does it all the time on Athletico Mince.

Liar penultimate episode was quite good, interesting to see how they wrap it up.

Padje
Sep 10, 2003

I don't much care for the attitude of filthy money-lenders

Rocksicles posted:

I'm not rich enough to have ever used it it conversation.

I looked it up a few months ago because it was in something i was reading.

I knew the meaning of that word precisely because the people of forums.somethingawful.com were obsessed with it about 15 years ago.

ookiimarukochan
Apr 4, 2011
Perhaps not of deep historical significance, but today's the 30th anniversary of the initial airing of the first ever Chucklevision episode.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
A cultural milestone

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

It's not quite how you remember, but there's still a couple of mildly funny bits in it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvBQ5R4REAg

They really should get some kind of award for "Longest Running TV Show That Never Threatened To Be Anything More Or Less Than Modest Entertainment".

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Which is the one who's into Britain First? Is it the same one who's married a girl 60 years younger than him? I have a hard time telling them apart.

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

Wheat Loaf posted:

Which is the one who's into Britain First? Is it the same one who's married a girl 60 years younger than him? I have a hard time telling them apart.

I don't think he's all that into Britain First. Looks like he just liked one of their milder posts about not letting people who join IS back into the country. I mean, he's an old person on Facebook. It's what they do.

I prefer the elaborate death hoaxes and weird rumours that always circulated. Did you know one of them autoerotic asphyxiated themselves in a brothel in Amsterdam?

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Paul is giving out too many handshakes.

Jrbg
May 20, 2014

Trin Tragula posted:

It's not quite how you remember, but there's still a couple of mildly funny bits in it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvBQ5R4REAg

They really should get some kind of award for "Longest Running TV Show That Never Threatened To Be Anything More Or Less Than Modest Entertainment".

Confirmation from the ferry sequence that all of Chucklevision takes place in Birkenhead, this is canon now

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Pissflaps posted:

Paul is giving out too many handshakes.

:agreed:

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Finished Happy Valley season 2 on Netflix having missed it first time round. Better be a third season and soon.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
Chucklevision is competent slapstick for children and I'm glad it exists even if it was never my favourite show when I was a kid (that was ZZZap! for some reason)

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Mr Phillby posted:

Chucklevision is competent slapstick for children and I'm glad it exists even if it was never my favourite show when I was a kid (that was ZZZap! for some reason)

Knightmare or Fun House or gtfo :colbert:

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
The Chucklevision theme tune is so unnecessarily frantic. I might use it to work out

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich
e:wrong thread

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Rarity posted:

Bodger (RIP) and Badger is also acceptable.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Mr Phillby posted:

Chucklevision is a loving masterpiece.

Barry (on phone): You don't say......you don't say....*shocked* you don't say... *hangs up*
Paul: Who was it?
Barry: They didn't say.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Rarity posted:

Basically this, but are we sure Pat Sharpe wasn't caught up in Noncegate?

ShaneMacGowansTeeth fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Sep 27, 2017

Lemon
May 22, 2003

Knightmare was 100% my favourite show when I was a kid so I was pretty excited when they re-ran it on Challenge a few years back. I got about 10 minutes through one episode before deciding I'd prefer to keep it as a fantastic memory.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

Lemon posted:

Knightmare was 100% my favourite show when I was a kid so I was pretty excited when they re-ran it on Challenge a few years back. I got about 10 minutes through one episode before deciding I'd prefer to keep it as a fantastic memory.

Really? I enjoyed watching it a lot when it was repeated. Especially the yorkshire team saying "Soap".

ookiimarukochan
Apr 4, 2011
I do hope that all of you who were Fun House fans bought the album that Melanie and Martina, the Fun House twins, made. (You can also request a personalised video or get them to come to your party)

Actually if you're going to buy the album it's cheaper to get it off Amazon Japan used even with international shipping

ookiimarukochan fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Sep 27, 2017

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer
I've been away, thread, away looking after a time consuming baby. I have been able to look up long enough to see there is a new series of the Apprentice on soon (oct 4th to be accurate) are we doing a thread this year, or has interest dropped so much that we should keep it here? I can't even remember last year's winner.

Also yeah that Crystal Maze with the Furries was amazingly awful in the best way possible. They were the worst kind of nerds, and watching that fat one weebling about on the planet trying to jump off was the funniest bit of telly I've seen for ages. Imagine realising that you actually need physical prowess to do the puzzles, and that your doughy, weak body can't help you. Brill.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Rondette posted:

I've been away, thread, away looking after a time consuming baby. I have been able to look up long enough to see there is a new series of the Apprentice on soon (oct 4th to be accurate) are we doing a thread this year, or has interest dropped so much that we should keep it here? I can't even remember last year's winner.
There was still 2-3 pages of live posting per week last year, so I'll bring back the thread once I've forced myself to watch 18 candidate videos.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

Basically this, but are we sure Pat Sharpe wasn't caught up in Noncegate?
He had those blonde twins to, er, keep him in check.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Back is really, really good. Andrew singing was amazing.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Shh. Also I like that Stephen starts channeling Mark when he's drunk.

Taskmaster was good too. I dunno if Absinthe on toast, Bob Mortimer shoving pepper up his nose or nobody realizing Alex Horne had gone was the best.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Aisling Bea realised because she is the best of all of us :colbert:

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
So this is a thing Radio 1 is doing this weekend and it's a pretty cool idea

https://twitter.com/BBC6Music/status/913340201149374464

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

"Vintage Radio 1" sounds like they're playing with fire.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

Lemon posted:

They do Knightmare Live now at conventions and it is amazing. A troupe of improv actors with props and costumes running random people from the audience through challenges set by the audience

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Comrade Fakename posted:

"Vintage Radio 1" sounds like they're playing with fire.

That running order does look a bit like an OpYewtree tournament bracket.

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

No it’s the opposite. Big names from history are conspicuous by their absence to keep the list safe

Matinee
Sep 15, 2007

Isn't it pretty much agreed nowadays that John Peel was pretty suss back in the day?

Matinee fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Oct 1, 2017

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Matinee posted:

Isn't it pretty much agreed nowadays that John Peel was pretty suss back in the day?

Yeah, he married a 15 year old, and then impregnated another 15 year old when he was 30. That's uhhhh not cool

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I think there's something about 15 year old groupies in his official biography

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

Cerv posted:

No it’s the opposite. Big names from history are conspicuous by their absence to keep the list safe

It's like when they show the Top of the Pops specials and half the links from the 70s and 80s have been very carefully edited out. Jimmy Saville? Who's he?