Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Thatim posted:

Will it make me mad? I dont want to be mad

we're all mad here friendo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

TMMadman posted:

Here's a solution: The investors lose their money.

:eyepop:

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

isn't trump ALREADY being sued for deleting tweets? those are federal records. hope he has a backup somehwere... not that it matters lol he will never suffer any consequences because he is an old rich white dude

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
by the way, a lot of the investments went into Puerto Rico went to pad SuperPACs for Ted Cruz and Marco Rubio in 2016

so gently caress you Puerto Rico, yer on yer own :homebrew:

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
it's 9 in the morning and I want sushi

but none of the sushi places open until 11:30

and I can't decide on AYCE vs. good sushi

PROBLEMS!

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

TMMadman posted:

Here's a solution: The investors lose their money.

It's an investment and that means it's a risk. Unfortunately, they lose this time. Try again next time.

America is about guaranteeing a return on capital to your social network.

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
i was looking for a new album to listen to and now i will be listening to shittyflute all morning

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

ArmZ posted:

isn't trump ALREADY being sued for deleting tweets? those are federal records. hope he has a backup somehwere... not that it matters lol he will never suffer any consequences because he is an old rich white dude
But his tweets!

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
this one's for powerball

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TI01sfrg37I

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Seriously, I don't loving get it. These hedge fund managers looked at the numbers and went "This seems like a good idea!" and then it bit them in the rear end. That's all on them.

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

FAUXTON posted:

it's basically the "you can't fire me, I QUIT" movement for incels

The ladies will flock to me for sure in my garbage bag and police crime scene tape suit

augias
Apr 7, 2009

dont listen to bad music, everyone.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XNG7tmIQx4

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

HUGE PUBES A PLUS posted:

The ladies will flock to me for sure in my garbage bag and police crime scene tape suit

He's just looking for a way to sweat off some of those pounds and decided to kill two birds with one stone. Look sharp and be sweaty at the same time!

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

TMMadman posted:

Seriously, I don't loving get it. These hedge fund managers looked at the numbers and went "This seems like a good idea!" and then it bit them in the rear end. That's all on them.

It's really very simple.

They're wealthy people.

Wealthy people only get more wealthy. It's in the Bible and the Constitution.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Lastgirl posted:

I assume thats what pitchforky AF means

unless you want to get really pitchforky AF :dare:

i thought it meant jerkin off about music

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

TMMadman posted:

thats how it should work, but if there's tax loopholes, you get diminished rates towards the country itself so they literally leeched it lmao

they signed into law to bring investors going "hey, no taxes here :hurr:" and they exploited the poo poo out of it

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

Serf posted:

lmao that these fuckers think that neoliberals are the next generation of the left. still fighting zombie wars between dead political ideologies (ed balls) when the commies and the nazis are just growing in numbers

member of the next generation of the left, Margaret Thatcher once said

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

TMMadman posted:

rich people aren't allowed to lose money, someone else has to lose it for them

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

HUGE PUBES A PLUS posted:

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

the bitcoin of weed posted:

rich people aren't allowed to lose money, someone else has to lose it for them

we wouldn't want them to be exposed to a life they are unaccustomed to.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Looking through that Puerto Rico article linked back to this one from 2015 that is actually terrifying:

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2015/10/11/us/politics/2016-presidential-election-super-pac-donors.html?ref=politics

It's good to know that 158 families are the ones giving like half the early money to capture the White House in 2016. That sure does seem like a way to get someone who will represent ALL Americans.

This country needs to die in a cleansing fire and be reborn like a Phoenix. But a better one, not some shittier more conservative one.

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/JGreenDC/status/912999201658818560

I would pay hard cash to see trumps mocking impersonation of turtle man

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

https://twitter.com/sahilkapur/status/912883182063833088

I'm with her.... IN HELL

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
this is the only anthem i will stand for

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5fenjzeh7g

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

remember when that DNC staffer was e-mailing someone and talking about possibly signal-boosting trump to make the GOP nominate an unelectable candidate

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
YES.... HA HA HA.... YES!!!

https://twitter.com/ashleyfeinberg/status/913028700068810752

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

TMMadman posted:

This country needs to die in a cleansing fire and be reborn like a Phoenix. But a better one, not some shittier more conservative one.

you know which one we would get

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Lastgirl posted:

I assume thats what pitchforky AF means

unless you want to get really pitchforky AF :dare:

i think it means i have to really like radiohead and really hate andrew wk

Serf
May 5, 2011

in ten years we'll be electing open death cultists who worship azathoth and wear sashes made from the ears of dead liberals

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Augus posted:

remember when that DNC staffer was e-mailing someone and talking about possibly signal-boosting trump to make the GOP nominate an unelectable candidate

he is unelectable

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

haah htat fuckin pterodactyl pic

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

*extremely eric andre tucking his penis between his legs and chanting "I was born a woman" in a cultish monotone*

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Serf posted:

in ten years we'll be electing open death cultists who worship azathoth and wear sashes made from the ears of dead liberals

Don't blame me, I voted for Yog-Sothoth!

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

gregday posted:

I would pay hard cash to see trumps mocking impersonation of turtle man

McConnell had to relearn to walk after having polio and McCain can't lift his arms above his chest, so Trump's using his normal levels of sensitivity to disabled people.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

quote:

In October, amid the impasse over Mr. Pierluisi’s bill, the Obama administration weighed in with an even more ambitious plan. It proposed to create a new form of bankruptcy for United States territories, which would restructure all of the island’s debt — and put all of the financial firms’ investments at risk.

Relations between Mr. García Padilla and the hedge funds he had once courted soured, and the investors intensified their fight. Several more hedge funds hired Washington lobbyists. Puerto Rico, now looming as potentially the biggest government bankruptcy in American history, the lobbyists warned, could carve a path for cities and states around the country to escape their debts without reforming their governments.

Hedge funds commissioned their own economic study of the island’s finances, which concluded that further cuts to public spending, in particular to education and health care, would allow the island to keep up.

that ol' laffo curve

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

I am not an atomic playboy, as one of my critics labeled me, exploding these bombs to satisfy my personal whim.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 33 hours!

don't doxx Serf

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?

Squizzle posted:

his bernie is the prettiest

Does this artist not know the Hammer and Sickle are separate tools and not some weird amalgamation of the two?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

So uh, you're Cerberus, guardian of the underworld, huh? I just thought...you know... is that a loving scottish terrier?

Xand_Man has issued a correction as of 14:27 on Sep 27, 2017

• Locked thread