Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

its catchy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

lol Norma Elle is as real as AntifaBoston

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Zyla posted:

i didn't say they were bad

just a B+ band

lol so u admit dmb is bad :twisted:

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin

prefect posted:

An excellent game.

But not art.

SUPERHOT

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Zyla posted:

hahaha you too

loving called it when I was talking to J-Ru

My exact words were "Zyla probably got a lot of reports too"

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

its by the ghengis khan guys (guy?)

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

triple sulk posted:

new order ended up being better

contentious but correct take

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

triple sulk posted:

new order ended up being better

New Order is so much better, he did them a favor

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

ill never enjoy those characters :colbert:

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Zyla posted:

i still think radiohead is the singular most overrated band of all time

So you've never heard a baby boomer talk about the Beatles, I take it?

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

they're not the problem, people around earshot wanting to interject

they might as well wave a handgun the next time and shoot me in the face for roasting Trump cos deep south

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

rip ian? ehhh

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

lol so u admit dmb is bad :twisted:

i know exactly what they are

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

how can they be overrated

who is lame enough to even rate bands

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Agrajag posted:

huh turns out corbyn is even more awesome than i first realized

The best part is that she is the comms director for the conservative party but all the comments are just "lol this rules"

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

what are the chances this isn't about Roko's basilisk

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
drat the silent majority av nerd didn't get much for his money iwth mine

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

takeshi miike snow

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

New Order is so much better, he did them a favor

there are two opposites here

ian curtis dying produced a far better band

kurt cobain dying produced a far worse one

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Chokes McGee posted:

fuckin unreal mang

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!
new order werent better their gear was

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

Jose posted:

democracy works :smugdon:

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

deathbysnusnu posted:

It was Kentucky but Louisville so not total hick land. There were no tables paying attention to us as far as we could tell and we weren't being loud by bar standards. I'm pretty sure it was just the waitress being passive aggressive so for the first time in my life I left no tip.

Louisville republicans are the biggest bitches I've ever met in my life. Republicans in blue areas feel like the whole world is against them and they know in their hearts that the old poo poo they believed (small government, lower taxes) has been steadily replaced by crazy poo poo (higher taxes on working people, sharia law is being enacted in cities) and they know they have to fall in line and believe that dumb poo poo and it makes them feel like idiots, which they are.

Looking at the tax reform announcement by the GOP today, it doesn't really look like there are any more specifics at all. I thought maybe they had a bill? It looks like just another powerpoint presentation that ends up with higher taxes on the poor.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Jose posted:

sorry about your fuckin skills, youll get better with practice

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Chokes McGee posted:

When I'm doing my mod thing, I sometimes stop and read other forums' reports on CSPAM regulars to have a sensible chuckle over what's considered report-worthy in other parts of SA.

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

euphronius posted:

how can they be overrated

who is lame enough to even rate bands

you are a goddamned piece of poo poo shut the gently caress up with your ableism and :frogout:

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
https://twitter.com/hillaryclinton/status/913068407133736961

HHOlY loving poo poo CLINTON SHUT THE gently caress UP

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

docbeard posted:

Everything is art.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7nj8FXqZhY

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

triple sulk posted:

there are two opposites here

ian curtis dying produced a far better band

kurt cobain dying produced a far worse one

i think foo fighters have produced overall, a lot more good stuff than a living continuing nirvana would have

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Al! posted:

ah i see u are in2 criticisms of criticism, id reccommend the painted word by tom wolfe then

no not really

when you look at a game, or a painting, or music, you immediately have a tactile sense of if you like it or not. and certain things snag on your brain as particularly important in your liking - a certain image, a rad guitar solo, the extremely horny furry character you can make. it's an abstract Like or Dislike, based almost wholly on personal experience and context. thats why you have people who loved their time in everquest and would never ever ever play that game again because it's a dogshit bad game. so when you try to verbalize what makes an art subjectively Good or Bad, you look at the things that you liked or disliked on a tactile basis and since we can't just pass a gestalt you try to phrase them in ways that trigger other people to feel that same tactile sense that you got. but it only works where other people have at least the same roots of that tactile sense

so individual criticisms naturally take one of two forms, its either analysis of the emotional impact which is wholly subjective and p worthless except from a warm fuzzy confirmation bias thing, or its technical criticism where you find some objective things that don't follow agreed upon rules. and the latter is always fucky because breaking rules is one of the cornerstones of art, and rules are always more creative limitations than actual Rules anyway, so it's limited to extremely specific formal arguments. games have it the easiest here, because stuff like "its loving broken and crashes all the time" is A Good Objective Criticism

so thats why i said criticism cant really be anything beyond "i like this" or "i dont like this" with little more than explanations and implications attached. and holy moly do people like writing explanations (mlmp)

also tom wolfe is an idiot gently caress art critics and art theory

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
https://twitter.com/Acosta/status/913031197789483009

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Zyla posted:

fuckin unreal mang

pro wrestling nerds and ufc fans are cowardly Trump supporters I'm shocked beyond measure

I mean 95% of the PSP prograps threads are really good people but the remaining 5%, woof

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Not me I love all those Radiohead songs where Thom Yorke woooos like those motion-sensor ghosts you put outside your house on Halloween against a drumpad for 7 minutes.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy
i like how the computer nerds came up with the idea that their god would retroactively hunt down anyone that didn't go 100% to make it since they can't comprehend building a god that then doesn't give a gently caress about puny human problems and just dies/ghosts us.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

twitter with 280 characters looks like poo poo what's the point

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

Zyla posted:

i think foo fighters have produced overall, a lot more good stuff than a living continuing nirvana would have
one good album? :thunk:

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

a messed up horse posted:

what are the chances this isn't about Roko's basilisk

That's exactly what I thought when I saw this. It's the exact right kind of stupid to appeal to SV morons

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjS6bQ5OQ-o

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

trump actually really caring about strange losing is even better than him not giving a poo poo imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

new order werent better their gear was

new order is better

• Locked thread