Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

Mango Polo posted:

I have not played in ages. Did something happen to Azmodan since everyone seems to put him as a top tier hero, when he's typically been a bit of a bottom feeder?
Azmodan is a top tier QM pick because he is an effective split pusher (general lets him push out two lanes), the range on his dunks discourages feeding while still contributing, and his laser build is good too. Hotslogs top 5 qm heroes by winrate:

Butcher: 58.1%
Azmodan: 56.8%
Samuro: 56.4%
Nazeebo: 56.1%
Murky: 56.0%

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Naz is probably one of the best solo queue heroes in the game if you're confident in your own abilities. Strong team fight, strong wave clear, and becomes a murder machine post 20.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Also one of the easiest heroes to play. He never actually becomes bad until like... HGC. Kind of disappointing tbh. I try not to play him in QM too much because I think my mmr would get too high to win with any other character.

Semper Fudge
Feb 19, 2009

Pitchfork was wrong. (f)lowers of Algerbong is crap.
Literally the only thing that needs to be communicated in random matchmaking games that can't be communicated with pinging is "soak lanes."

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Ana's sleep darts might bring a resurgence for him since it makes landing rings way easier. Or maybe people will just play KT and have an even easier time deleting people with his combo.

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

Semper Fudge posted:

Literally the only thing that needs to be communicated in random matchmaking games that can't be communicated with pinging is "soak lanes."
Maybe if you never make calls, which you'll need even in pubs at a certain level of play.
"soak lanes"
"b if they ult"
"3 mid temple, healer + [whatever] top"
"switch lanes please"
"which ult should I take"
"take camp in 20 sec"
"we should focus X next teamfight"
"I hosed your'are mom last night stop being poo poo at this video game"

panda clue
May 23, 2014

SKULL.GIF posted:

I've played with this guy before and he's a full on rager and ALL CAPS SCREAMER. No wonder he thinks ignoring assholes is bad.

lol

Eraflure posted:

Maybe if you never make calls, which you'll need even in pubs at a certain level of play.
"soak lanes"
"b if they ult"
"switch lanes please"
"take camp in 20 sec"

I've tried really hard to communicate with people, but anytime I politely recommend something or try and get my team to do anything, 9 times out of 10 the response is something along the lines of 'suck my dick' or 'go gently caress yourself human being'. I don't need people to always listen to me or to fellate me with text, but man it really is wearing to get that kind of response so often, on top of the super frequent people who just spam slurs and how "bad" our team is after they run off solo and die over and over again.

It just isn't worth it to deal with that to be able to listen to the 1 friendly guy that pops up once every 20 games. I won't mute pings (until someone starts abusing them), but until Blizzard makes an actual effort to fix this poo poo, muting chat is simply the more enjoyable option for me.

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Guerilla war struggle is a new entertainment.
Fallen Rib
I tried playing a couple of games with chat disabled but it just felt like I might as well play against the ai or a single player game. So now I've just resorted to enabling chat but muting anyone the instant they say something toxic/racist/idiotic, which seems like a win-win solution.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Eraflure posted:

"soak lanes"
"b if they ult"
"switch lanes please"
"take camp in 20 sec"

gently caress you ur trash gg

BattleHamster
Mar 18, 2009

I really wish there was a ping to point out stealthed heroes. I usually end up using the retreat or assist ping which can often convey the wrong message.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

BattleHamster posted:

I really wish there was a ping to point out stealthed heroes. I usually end up using the retreat or assist ping which can often convey the wrong message.

I usually do the warning ping. But what's annoying is that sometimes the ping will cover up the shimmer shimmer.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

If there is something I've learned from MOBA threads is that a lot of people say they're asking things nicely from their teammates when they're really being passive aggressive dickwads. If you ever watch streamers, see them type something and then backspace it instead of pressing enter... well, that's when they realize they were coming across as the latter instead of the former.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

If I really want to decide someone's talents for them I say something like "if u go colossus smash we own". Or "tormented souls is sick on this map" or "horrify would so wreck their comp".

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Mierenneuker posted:

If there is something I've learned from MOBA threads is that a lot of people say they're asking things nicely from their teammates when they're really being passive aggressive dickwads. If you ever watch streamers, see them type something and then backspace it instead of pressing enter... well, that's when they realize they were coming across as the latter instead of the former.

Where's the video clip of the streamer who got hard CC'd during a crucial teamfight and realized the Malfurion on his team hadn't taken cleanse or something like that, and he wrote like six or seven things in chat in a row, deleting each one before finally settling on "gg" as his core died.

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

Eraflure posted:

"soak lanes"
"b if they ult"
"switch lanes please"
"take camp in 20 sec"

I can't remember shot-calling in my QM matches that didn't come from me. In my experience, most people are almost totally silent. I think the chattiest I've ever seen random groups was in brawls. There are some super-serious brawl players out there, or at least there were when brawls rewarded portraits.

Once upon a time, Blizzard debated having QM allied chat. They were considering Hearthstone-style emotes instead. I don't think it would have made much difference, to be honest. If you're in an organized group, you'll mostly likely be using party or voice chat. Most random public groups in QM, at least at the times I play QM in North America, rely on pings and only ever write useful things like "lol" and "wtf" and "nice mount".

panda clue
May 23, 2014

Mierenneuker posted:

I deliberately try to form my opinions/request as nicely as possible to avoid setting people off. Doesn't matter, if people are going to rage they're going to rage regardless of how you talk.

I even try to slide in specific wording to make them feel important, ie Malthael runs off solo and dies to a 4 man gank after chasing someone for 30 seconds, "Malth try to be more careful, we really need you for teamfights." Even with that, the usual response is something like "eat a dick human being, where hte gently caress was my team??? afk"

panda clue fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Sep 27, 2017

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

In Europe there is no guarantee the other players speak the same language. I'm always seeing russian text or whatever that I can't read which usually seems to be aggro (ie they usually only write stuff after someone dies so presumably telling them they are bad).

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
The solution is always to avoid playing with pubbies. This has been standard goon advice for hundreds of multiplayer games over the years.

From the PAYDAY 2 thread:

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

GTO posted:

In Europe there is no guarantee the other players speak the same language. I'm always seeing russian text or whatever that I can't read which usually seems to be aggro (ie they usually only write stuff after someone dies so presumably telling them they are bad).
This isn't unique to EU, the America's server includes central and south America.

jajajajaja

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

panda clue posted:

I deliberately try to form my opinions/request as nicely as possible to avoid setting people off. Doesn't matter, if people are going to rage they're going to rage regardless of how you talk.

I even try to slide in specific wording to make them feel important, ie Malthael runs off solo and dies to a 4 man gank after chasing someone for 30 seconds, "Malth try to be more careful, we really need you for teamfights." Even with that, the usual response is something like "eat a dick human being, where hte gently caress was my team??? afk"
See this language won't work.

Something less instructive like "they want your rear end Malth" conveys the idea that they're going to get punished this game for going deep while sympathizing with your teammate.

"Try to be more careful" will set almost anyone off, like drat who wants to hear that when they've already been punished for it.

Olaf The Stout
Oct 16, 2009

FORUMS NO.1 SLEEPY DAWGS MEMESTER
I have to write "10", "9v10", "19v20", and "4v5" a lot. Seems like in QM people sometimes don't pay attention to these basics principals, namely don't fight a talent tier or man down, and don't take an even fight over nothing to gain. I wish i could convey that with pings, maybe by pinging our level and theirs, and a ping that said "wait" or "we are missing a dude please don't take this fight".

If people are lovely and won't stop being lovely you mute them, tell them their muted, and talk poo poo about them with the rest of the team. Be prepared for some choice whispers afterwards.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Gobbeldygook posted:

Azmodan is a top tier QM pick because he is an effective split pusher (general lets him push out two lanes), the range on his dunks discourages feeding while still contributing, and his laser build is good too. Hotslogs top 5 qm heroes by winrate:

Butcher: 58.1%
Azmodan: 56.8%
Samuro: 56.4%
Nazeebo: 56.1%
Murky: 56.0%

Well that's nice. Guess I'll get back into the chaos dunk game.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Olaf The Stout posted:

I have to write "10", "9v10", "19v20", and "4v5" a lot.

All of those things mean we should hard engage ASAP right?

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

No Wave posted:

If I really want to decide someone's talents for them I say something like "if u go colossus smash we own". Or "tormented souls is sick on this map" or "horrify would so wreck their comp".

Do you not like tormented souls? I really like that ult, way more than last rites. It's a huge group dps, group slow (if you take the slow on soul rip), and a lot of physical armor as well (assuming you also take that talent). It kick-starts Malth's teamfight effectiveness and keeps him from getting blown up. The only downside is that smart teams will normally just stun you as soon as you start. Or coccoon you...

Last rites feels lame in comparison. It takes so long to go off that most of the time the enemy has either healed to the point where it doesn't kill them or been killed by some other damage.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

PantsBandit posted:

Do you not like tormented souls? I really like that ult, way more than last rites. It's a huge group dps, group slow (if you take the slow on soul rip), and a lot of physical armor as well (assuming you also take that talent). It kick-starts Malth's teamfight effectiveness and keeps him from getting blown up. The only downside is that smart teams will normally just stun you as soon as you start. Or coccoon you...

Last rites feels lame in comparison. It takes so long to go off that most of the time the enemy has either healed to the point where it doesn't kill them or been killed by some other damage.
Sick is good! The joke was that the last two things are choices that I'm pretending are situational to reduce conflict when in fact you would be basically throwing to not pick them almost always.

I should start saying sweet or dank instead of sick.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

No Wave posted:

Sick is good! The joke was that the last two things are choices that I'm pretending are situational to reduce conflict when in fact you would be basically throwing to not pick them almost always.

I should start saying sweet or dank instead of sick.

Oh I just misread :P

Carry on.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

What's up with the super loud sound effect with Eye of Horus? It took me a while to figure out what was going on when I kept hearing "THUMP, THUMP, THUMP, THUMP". Hopefully they tweak that, I get that it's important to make it clear that she's using it since she's not always going to be visible but it's real obnoxious.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

No Wave posted:

Lol no. Guys like you make me hope voice comms are never added.

Bad news for you, bud. Voice Comms for Heroes is likely going to be announced at Blizzcon.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Power Bottom posted:

Bad news for you, bud. Voice Comms for Heroes is likely going to be announced at Blizzcon.

As long as there's a "haha gently caress no" checkbox in the settings.

panda clue
May 23, 2014
You now have Ana's that refuse to heal, just like in Overwatch, except unlike Overwatch someone else can't just swap to a healer to try and compensate after the game has already begun :negative:

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
"Go gently caress yourself" is actually the correct response to someone telling you how to play your character.

The matches are too fast for anyone to write long meaningful opinions about strategically diverse choices and actually convince anyone they are right. You are wasting your time and focus if you are attempting it.

Just ping what you are doing and if you are doing good poo poo people will follow along because they like killing things and winning games.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Libertine posted:

Just ping what you are doing and if you are doing good poo poo people will follow along because they like killing things and winning games.

This is absolutely false. People are idiots and will do their best to feed at every opportunity.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

panda clue posted:

You now have Ana's that refuse to heal, just like in Overwatch, except unlike Overwatch someone else can't just swap to a healer to try and compensate after the game has already begun :negative:

That was already pretty normal for angry supports though.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

bamhand posted:

This is absolutely false. People are idiots and will do their best to feed at every opportunity.

This doesn't really relate to feeding, but this post reminded me: Last night the Butcher on the other team started charging our Ana and probably would've wiped her off the map too. Except right as he stunned her and was about to swing and murder her, I was able to swoop in and throw her over a wall to safety. It was awesome. Garrosh rules.

panda clue
May 23, 2014
my general experience with this game is that the only team somehow playing worse than the team I'm against is the team that I'm on

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Libertine posted:

"Go gently caress yourself" is actually the correct response to someone telling you how to play your character.

The matches are too fast for anyone to write long meaningful opinions about strategically diverse choices and actually convince anyone they are right. You are wasting your time and focus if you are attempting it.

Why does the concept of friendly advice upset you?

panda clue
May 23, 2014

SirSamVimes posted:

Why does the concept of friendly advice upset you?

Go gently caress yourself

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Got double Hammer on the brawl, smashed face.

Good times.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Always remember to turn off your devhax for friendly scrims.

Kith fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Sep 28, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

Power Bottom posted:

Always remember to turn off your devhax for friendly scrims.

what the gently caress