Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost

Pakled posted:

Lubchansky's Trump just keeps getting uglier and uglier.

im pretty sure all the Nib guys have a pact to draw Trump progressively more hideous in each cartoon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Thing? No, thing!

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

I don't know why but it bothers me that Uncle Sam is extended his pinky finger daintily like he's sipping tea.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
If Lester made toons back in the Civil Rights era you can bet your bottom dollar he'd make one decrying the evils of those nasty agitators sitting down in the white only section and destroying good hardworking American businesses.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

OldTennisCourt posted:

If Lester made toons back in the Civil Rights era you can bet your bottom dollar he'd make one decrying the evils of those nasty agitators sitting down in the white only section and destroying good hardworking American businesses.

His caricatures of MLK jr and other black civil rights leaders would be marvels to behold.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

OldTennisCourt posted:

Replace "If MLK were alive today he'd strongly disapprove of these Black Lives Matter folks" with "if Booker T Washington were alive today he'd strongly disapprove of this Martin Luther King fellow"

"and don't get me started on that Malcom X malcontent; if WEB Du Bois were alive today he'd want nothing to do with him"

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
~White man sits in a diner with gigantic newspaper, the front page shows "MLK: I HAVE A DREAM"~

~ he looks over to see a harried white waitress trying to serve people while a sit-in occurs and blocks her way~

"I had a dream too...."

marathon Stairmaster sesh
Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

"Telling ghost stories on your make up tutorial channel are you? Ghost must be code for (insert crazy person who believe in white genocide phrase); I'm taking you in."

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS

OldTennisCourt posted:

~White man sits in a diner with gigantic newspaper, the front page shows "MLK: I HAVE A DREAM"~

~ he looks over to see a harried white waitress trying to serve people while a sit-in occurs and blocks her way~

"I had a dream too...."
Or just follow the way things actually went.
~White guy holding newspaper with "MLK : I HAVE A DREAM"

~ Scene behind him is debris of a riot. White guy says "I have a nightmare."

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

D.N. Nation posted:

Thing? No, thing!
That's actually a good example of the genre. There's actually a reason he'd confuse the two, and there's a point being made as to why the resemblance disturbing.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!
New Kelly.

ACRE & EQUAT
Aug 28, 2004

FUNERAL BREADS
WAR BREAD

Jedit posted:

Yes. Take a look at the font and panels. Panels 1-2 and 4 haven't been altered, they were originally in English. Only panel 3 was translated.

Alhazred, please put everything you translate into <angle brackets>. This will help alleviate confusion such as this and help me visualize the zelda-animorphs crossover slashfic I'm writing.

ACRE & EQUAT fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Sep 27, 2017

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Go easy on me, Sutton, I think I have every one of those items in my house right now.

(well the obvious things. There can't be pumpkin pringles, can there?)

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that

Pander posted:

Go easy on me, Sutton, I think I have every one of those items in my house right now.

https://www.amazon.com/Pringles-Potato-Crisps-Pumpkin-Flavor/dp/B009YJLHQO

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Kelly really does great caricatures :allears:

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

Pander posted:

Bill Cassidy always struck me as more Henry Rollins-crossed-with-Joshua Trundle.

https://www.nasa.gov/feature/goddard/2017/end-of-summer-arctic-sea-ice-extent-is-eighth-lowest-on-record

Zinkraptor
Apr 24, 2012

Without the "misguided" label this reads like the fallen soldier is supporting the kneeler. Why would you put them side by side like that? Wouldn't you want to put the coffin in front of the kneeler, to make it look like the kneeler is protesting the soldier? Right now it looks like it's saying that the soldier died for the kneeler's right to protest and is thus allied with him.

Who woulda guessed that Rameriz is bad at visual metaphor.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Shut up, Blacks, troops die too.

Got it, Mike.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

He's right, this perspective is terrible.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Ramirez should stop drawing and just start tracing over photographs of inanimate objects like he usually ends up doing anyway.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

One look at the position of number 47 with respect to the coffin, and this becomes a candidate for Most Accurately Titled Cartoon.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

If it weren't for the surrounding context of "kneeling in protest [while black] is disrespectful," this would straight-up read as "the kneeler is the only one respecting ARE TROOP." Hell, even though I know that narrative and he's labeled "dumb dumb idiot man" that's still the only way I can take it.

Ramirez is always bad, yes, but this whole issue seems like an unusual misstep for the GOP messaging machine

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Hold X to pay respects.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Is Branco actually published anywhere? Like does anyone outside of this thread see his scribblings?

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

Good Gaybies nominee for "A thing didn't happen"

Edit: Maybe there should be a Gaybies category for "Best repeat of a right-wing talking point/meme that is doesn't exist and is entirely inscrutable for someone not constantly consuming right-wing media."

The Atomic Man-Boy fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Sep 27, 2017

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Is the helmet debt?

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"

So many good caricatures. I especially love scrubs Donkey and BLM Uncle Sam. Both would make fine avatars.

This is a real thing that's happening and it is loving terrifying me. My wife is a green card recipient.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

OldTennisCourt posted:

"I had a dream too...."

And he's sitting next to a crying Statue of Liberty while a young man in the bottom right corner says "Dream on"

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Not that I think someone has died to protect my rights in hundreds of years but it's so galling that a political cartoonist who spent 8+ years screaming "DISSENT AGAINST THE BIG GOVERNMENT NIG-uh oh oof- IS THE HIGHEST FORM OF PATRIOTISM!!" is decrying other people using their First Amendment rights.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Bennett good?
:discourse:

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Vlastenec is Czech for Patriot :ughh:

:five:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

The Atomic Man-Boy posted:

Good Gaybies nominee for "A thing didn't happen"

Edit: Maybe there should be a Gaybies category for "Best repeat of a right-wing talking point/meme that is doesn't exist and is entirely inscrutable for someone not constantly consuming right-wing media."

Even the Al Gore movie big flop part isn't accurate. It made 3 times its budget, and is in the top 100 grossing documentaries of all time. Sure, it didn't do Michael Moore numbers, but that's a pretty high standard to hold a documentary to.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Holy gently caress die already SKelly

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Begemot posted:

Wait I got this one.

Players successfully avoided the corrupting influence of the NFL, spewing sponsorship money at them, to stick to their principles and protest injustice. AGC.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Even vets won't stand for Trump. A good cartoon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Well-known football players "Smith, Jones, and Vlastenec?" Are these supposed to be real people? I don't know football. It reads like Ramirez was trying to use generic names and couldn't think of a third one, because "Vlastenec" is pretty weird.

This one is extra good for me, because the monitor I'm using has weird distortion that makes flickering happen at random places. There's a bunch of red pixels flickering on and off along the shadow line, making it look like the entrance to Alabama is a literal line of fire.

• Locked thread