Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

BSam posted:

Ok. Looks like the new Star Trek thing is going to be on Australian Netflix.

Just as a final gently caress you to Americans I guess.

It's on Netflix everywhere but the US and Canada hahaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

BSam posted:

Ok. Looks like the new Star Trek thing is going to be on Australian Netflix.

Just as a final gently caress you to Americans I guess.

STD is more like a gently caress you to fans of good television.

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Okay -- you talk WAY too fast.
Nap Ghost

Rhyno posted:

STD is more like a gently caress you to fans of good television.

Well, that is how they spread.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Gonz posted:

Well gently caress. I just saw a commercial for the Season 2 premiere of ABC's Designated Survivor, aka "President Jack Bauer", which returns tonight.

I've seen literally no ads or fanfare for it at all on the internet, TV, or in print, which is unusual, because it did good numbers in season 1.

I saw one commercial I think?

Show is poo poo but I'll probably watch it.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

Mu Zeta posted:

You can get The Mick season 1 on iTunes for free right now. Just add it to your library.

https://slickdeals.net/f/10600848-the-mick-season-1-hd-digital-download-free

That's a mean lie.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Sucks but the deal was live all day yesterday

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
On episode 5 of Ozark and it still isn't that much better than average. What was with all the raving about it? Does the second half of the season improve a bunch?

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

Escobarbarian posted:

On episode 5 of Ozark and it still isn't that much better than average. What was with all the raving about it? Does the second half of the season improve a bunch?

If it hasn't caught you by episode 5, good chance it never will. While I wouldn't call it A+ TV, I really enjoyed it (even by episode 5)

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

Escobarbarian posted:

It's on Netflix everywhere but the US and Canada hahaha

Because Netflix is playing for most, if not all, of the production via their international licensing deal.

kaworu
Jul 23, 2004

Why would anyone even WANT to watch ST:D (lol) on Netflix when they can watch the amazing new Japanese live-action show

FINAL FANTASY XIV: DAD OF LIGHT:
One day when Akio (Yûdai Chiba) was a little boy, his father (Ren Ôsugi) bought him a copy of the role-playing game Final Fantasy, and unleashed a world of magic and adventure for both of them. But the years passed, Akio turned into an adult, and his father got so busy at work that the two grew apart. But this year, Akio vows, things are going to be different. FINAL FANTASY XIV: DAD OF LIGHT chronicles what Akio hopes will be his greatest adventure ever: By buying his dad the 14th version of Final Fantasy and teaching him how to play it, Akio can secretly play along as a fellow character, go on a virtual quest with his dad, talk to him, and get to know him, and finally the two will conquer the Final Fantasy land of Twintannia. Then, Akio hopes, he and his dad will have the kind of relationship where they can talk about anything.

Guys.

Guys, this is a real television show on netflix. With episodes and actors playing characters who are meant to be believable and dramatic. I just feel like:psypop:

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I watched like an episode and a half of that it's fine

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Unless it's a wacky mistaken identity caper where the dad wants to gently caress his son's anime catgirl avatar that sounds about as much fun as actually playing an MMO.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

This is another one of those trolls designed to trick me into watching an anime so all my Netflix recommendations become anime and I have to go around individually voting down anime series I've never watched to get rid of them, isn't it

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Guy Mann posted:

Unless it's a wacky mistaken identity caper where the dad wants to gently caress his son's anime catgirl avatar that sounds about as much fun as actually playing an MMO.

I'm really not sure how much fun MMOs are, I hate playing them, but lots of people do nothing outside of playing them, and IDGI :confused:

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

zoux posted:

This is another one of those trolls designed to trick me into watching an anime so all my Netflix recommendations become anime and I have to go around individually voting down anime series I've never watched to get rid of them, isn't it

Make an additional profile to watch shameful shows, problem solved

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Iron Crowned posted:

I'm really not sure how much fun MMOs are, I hate playing them, but lots of people do nothing outside of playing them, and IDGI :confused:

It's just addiction and depression but without the substance abuse.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

IRQ posted:

It's just addiction and depression but without the substance abuse.

Yeah, substance abuse is so much more fun than grinding in WoW

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

You can do both, simultaneously.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

zoux posted:

You can do both, simultaneously.

I know, I used to play EQ.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

ffxiv is fun

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
Getting high and playing mario kart with a friend is one of the best things a TV can be used for.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Croatoan posted:

Getting high and playing mario kart with a friend is one of the best things a TV can be used for.

I never had that experience, probably because we had a Genesis

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Had? Getting high and playing Super Mario Kart with friends is still dope.

...in fact, that's actually what I did the first time I didn't have a panic attack getting high in like 2008.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Existential crises stemming from substance abuse are how I know I'm still alive.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Snak posted:

Existential crises stemming from substance abuse are how I know I'm still alive.

At least you aren't playing an mmo though.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I once failed out of college because of counter strike source.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Snak posted:

In a few years let us know what game ends your marriage.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

GreenNight posted:

WoW certainly didn't end Wojtek's

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

GreenNight posted:

It's pretty unlikely I'll ever get married.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Snak posted:

It's pretty unlikely I'll ever get married.

More than one person met their spouse in WoW.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
*stifles giggle*

So the This Is Us premiere this year basically made a bunch of characters into gigantic assholes so they could walk it back as a plot reversal. Didn't really feel genuine.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Escobarbarian posted:

*stifles giggle*

So the This Is Us premiere this year basically made a bunch of characters into gigantic assholes so they could walk it back as a plot reversal. Didn't really feel genuine.

It wouldn't be This Is Us if everything wasn't super contrived.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Snak posted:

This but Everquest.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I'm really looking forward to everyone eventually hating that show.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
video games are like the #1 thing holding my marriage together

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

precision posted:

video games are like the #1 thing holding my marriage together
Perhaps... you should not have married this person.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
I see his point, video games are great for bonding with your kids

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Josh Lyman posted:

Perhaps... you should not have married this person.

perhaps i was joking...

e: or "exaggerating for shitposting effect"; of all pop culture media we consume, which video games are good and which are bad is the #1 thing we agree on, though "which bands are good" comes close

e2: my wife doesn't like television, like, just in general. she watches some anime but otherwise doesn't really "get" why i like TV shows. oddly enough she likes movies just fine though. :shrug:

precision fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Sep 27, 2017

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Is Destiny 2 good or just hype like 1?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Josh Lyman posted:

Is Destiny 2 good or just hype like 1?

It's a lot better than 1, unless you liked the insane grind that randomized weapon perks created. In 2, if you get a gun, you've got that gun, period (and if its Attack is too low, you can just "Infuse" it with another gun to bring it up to speed). So in other words, it's aimed more towards "casuals" (meaning anyone who "only" plays the game 10-20 hours a week). If you can't or don't want to spend endless hours grinding, you can still keep up with all the content and still get good gear (especially if you join one of the goon guilds because being in a guild now gives you extremely good rewards every week).

General gameplay is more fun too, the maps feel less empty, the story is actually pretty good (well, not the story per se, but the characters in the story are great). A lot of people think the PvP is worse but I'm enjoying that aspect far more this time around.

• Locked thread