Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Dick Cheney
Mar 30, 2007
An all volunteer army and an imperial Russian army of draftees seem pretty different to me :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tim Pawlenty
Jun 3, 2006

Karl Barks posted:

lol that hugo chavez fought hoxhaists

Social democrats throwing the True and Caring Marxist Leninists under the bus yet again

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

on hold with sex line posted:

An all volunteer army and an imperial Russian army of draftees seem pretty different to me :shrug:

that comparison breaks down when you realize many people join military for GI bill, etc

Tricky Dick Nixon
Jul 26, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/EmmaCaterine/status/913059014426144769

Pretty good arguments for radicalizing active duty troops there by the PSL in 2009.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
If the DSA starts excluding veterans for whatever dumb as hell reason you won't survive as an org

again everyone arguing about it needs to get offline because nobody cares if you're a vet in real life. We even got vets running for office who are sympathetic, endorsed, or in the DSA

Phi230 has issued a correction as of 17:56 on Sep 27, 2017

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

Tricky Dick Nixon posted:

Pretty good arguments for radicalizing active duty troops there by the PSL in 2009.

lol

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

LinYutang posted:

nobody is allowed in the dsa

They're troops, they're murderers, they're imperialist and some, I assume, are good people.
\

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

football is a conduit for toxic male masculinity, kaepernick is not our ally

Tricky Dick Nixon
Jul 26, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1129946733806636&id=265032220298096

Here's Worker's World Party talking about recruiting active duty troops.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
blaming the individual soldier for imperialism is dumb as hell anyway

everyone here contributes to capitalism and thus are not allowed in the DSA

Tricky Dick Nixon
Jul 26, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Phi230 posted:

LinYutang
Oct 12, 2016

NEOLIBERAL SHITPOSTER

:siren:
VOTE BLUE NO MATTER WHO!!!
replace every DSA member with an impoverished burmese rice farmer

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Phi230 posted:

ya basically, it makes for some great posting tho

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Phi230 posted:

no you see really the tankies are negging the troops that join DSA so that they instead become tankies

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
*poor working class person/from poor working class, or immigrant family enlists in the army out of high school to escape poverty/learn job skills/go to college/get a green card; becomes interested in DSA*

whoops sorry fucko you did an imperialism

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Most people hostile to the DSA from the left have a playbook that isn't much different from the alt right (whine online until you self-own and stop posting)

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

general mad dog mattis.... welcome to the DSA

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Karl Barks posted:

general mad dog mattis.... welcome to the DSA

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lol that it's illegal to say mean things about secretary's

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

I'm totally fine with active duty enlisted and vets being leftist, I get that a lot of people volunteer because it's the only way for them to get out of a lovely situation. Hell, one of my closest friends was basically forced to enlist because his only alternative was to waste away in a lovely small town with a lovely family situation for the rest of his life. And beyond why they joined, the 20 hour work days and mold-filled barracks are enough to radicalize anyone. Enlisted are exploited as gently caress.

The sticking point is officers, because then you're not just there for the paycheck and GI Bill, you're giving the orders. I dunno, I'm conflicted about it. On the one hand, we need every comrade we can get. On the other hand, being an officer is kinda really lovely, and all these October Revolution entryist fantasies are completely laughable.

Crazycryodude has issued a correction as of 20:52 on Sep 27, 2017

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This soldier hate smacks of trotskyism

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Anyway i hated being in the military but my day to day job was awesome, as were the pay and benefits and my comrades. Well, most lf them.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the only troops I support are the honorable men and women of our us postal service

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

this is what you all get fore disrepsecting chairman fetonte

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

hottake: we need soldiers in the dsa for when the revolution comes

surfacelevelspeck
Oct 1, 2008

communism's sleepiest soldier

jarofpiss posted:

this is what you all get fore disrepsecting chairman fetonte

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

Venom Snake posted:

Lol that it's illegal to say mean things about secretary's

Centralist orgs, man. They're all the same.

LinYutang
Oct 12, 2016

NEOLIBERAL SHITPOSTER

soldiers insulting the civilian government isn't great

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

dsa west point officer actually owns if posting those pics was how he decided to quit the military

THS
Sep 15, 2017

i'm gay and i think he's hot and that's the only reason i support him, that's what my politics boils down to in the end

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
...I really hope Kate Upton is part of DSA.

In my mind she is.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

lmao

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

lol just lol

https://twitter.com/FanonRespecter/status/913097404240601089

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Crazycryodude posted:

I'm totally fine with active duty enlisted and vets being leftist, I get that a lot of people volunteer because it's the only way for them to get out of a lovely situation. Hell, one of my closest friends was basically forced to enlist because his only alternative was to waste away in a lovely small town with a lovely family situation for the rest of his life. And beyond why they joined, the 20 hour work days and mold-filled barracks are enough to radicalize anyone. Enlisted are exploited as gently caress.
My feeling is that enlisted soldiers are one of the accepted outlets for lovely liberals to vent their hatred for the poor.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

basically every trotskyist org ive ever known of would support active duty soldiers joining, so would all the reformist ones, so would all the socdems. from what i can tell the only people super against it are online

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

lol @ this.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Yandat posted:

i'm gay and i think he's hot and that's the only reason i support him, that's what my politics boils down to in the end

what the gently caress

THS
Sep 15, 2017

an actual dog posted:

what the gently caress

i was not being entirely serious my dude

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I vote for people exclusively based on how attractive they are, which is why i voted for La Riva over Hillary

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LinYutang
Oct 12, 2016

NEOLIBERAL SHITPOSTER

Larry Parrish posted:

I vote for people exclusively based on how attractive they are, which is why i voted for La Riva over Hillary

same except Bernie over Hillary