Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

Alfalfa posted:

Drop Kamara and how the crap did you end up with both Raiders WR's and both Jag's WR's? Package one of each together and go get another RB.

The Raiders receivers both just fell to me at the draft and I wasn't paying enough attention to who I already had. It was actually working out pretty well with one of them having a big game until this past week. Jax was just waiver pickups after Allen Robinson died.

Thanks for the advice, will drop Kamara.

I think Miller has some value left, will try to package him with Cooper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

So I think I caught my commissioner cheating. We're in a Yahoo league where waivers generally run early Wednesday morning. When they ran today I noticed something weird. Two transactions ran an hour before the others and picked up free agents rather than waiver claims. Both of these claims were by the commissioner, who happens to be 0-3. The two other teams that made moves are now 11 and 12 on waiver priority but the commissioner is still sitting at 3rd.
Here's a screenshot:

This seems sketchy as poo poo, but I wanted to make sure I'm not missing anything simple before I call him out.

Yahoo's waivers process at 3am eastern, but they aren't actually logged until an hour or so often. You can pick up the FAs as of 3:01, so as long as a guy didn't have a claim on him, he can be picked up before the Waivers actually go through and show up in the transaction log.

That's probably confusing to read, but he didn't cheat.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
That makes sense. I'm glad I checked before throwing a fit.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Don't feel bad, we had a huge argument in my league last year over the same thing. It definitely looks sketchy as hell before you realize how it all works.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

RCarr posted:

Don't feel bad, we had a huge argument in my league last year over the same thing. It definitely looks sketchy as hell before you realize how it all works.

Yeah it's pretty weird to see in a transaction log. My league had a similar issue a few years back when someone did something similar, they weren't commish though.

I do wish Yahoo let me put in waiver claims for people. Extremely hard to run a team for a person in jail when I can't make waiver claims for him, only FA moves. Their menu for that also sucks.

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

Who else see da leprechaun say yaaaa!
It looks like he just added players that were free agents, not on the waiver list.

E: beaten

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

So I think I caught my commissioner cheating. We're in a Yahoo league where waivers generally run early Wednesday morning. When they ran today I noticed something weird. Two transactions ran an hour before the others and picked up free agents rather than waiver claims. Both of these claims were by the commissioner, who happens to be 0-3. The two other teams that made moves are now 11 and 12 on waiver priority but the commissioner is still sitting at 3rd.
Here's a screenshot:

This seems sketchy as poo poo, but I wanted to make sure I'm not missing anything simple before I call him out.

If you had thrown a temper tantrum, I hope you would have made the point that he cheated over a defense, which is barely better than doing it over a kicker.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
You could also check the commissioner changes notes in the browser league page in those cases.

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass
Wanted to ask this again:

Non-ppr, ESPN. I have Gillislee to try and trade for a WR since I have Zeke, Ajayi, and Gordon as RBs. One guy is interested and has Antonio Brown and Keenan Allen.

To get Allen I feel like I'd need to offer Gillislee as well as Devante Parker, my WR2. I could also maybe try one of my top RBs plus maybe Parker for Brown? Any ideas?

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006

KingKapalone posted:

Non-ppr, ESPN. I have Gillislee to try and trade for a WR since I have Zeke, Ajayi, and Gordon as RBs. One guy is interested and has Antonio Brown and Keenan Allen.

To get Allen I feel like I'd need to offer Gillislee as well as Devante Parker, my WR2. I could also maybe try one of my top RBs plus maybe Parker for Brown? Any ideas?

If it takes Parker and Gillislee to make the trade work, you should definitely be seeking the better player or an extra piece in the trade.

I love Allen, but in Non-PPR I'm not sure his range of outcomes is vastly above Parker. Maybe target the Diggs owner with a similar offer. I doubt you snare Brown with that.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Keenan Allen is not worth it in NON PPR for me imo, Parker is more valuable honestly.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Honestly, I would see if I could sell Ajayi in a package deal for AB84. I trust him the least of your running backs going forward. See if Ajayi/Parker would do anything. Go big or go home!

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

VietCampo posted:

Keenan Allen is not worth it in NON PPR for me imo, Parker is more valuable honestly.

Strongly disagree with the bolded, even in non PPR, but the difference between them is definitely much smaller than Gillislee.

gloom
Feb 1, 2003
distracted from distraction by distraction

KingKapalone posted:

Keenan Allen rules in PPR but has not brought the touchdowns this year or really the yards even. I think he would be a lateral move from Parker. In your place I might offer Ajayi and Parker for Brown, but I doubt the Brown owner goes for it. I would keep Gordon for sure, and wait another week or so for clarity on Zeke (not just legal stuff but because he seems to have regressed a bit from last year).

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass
Thanks for all the advice. I'll see what I can do.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Sataere posted:

Just because we don't take ourselves seriously doesn't mean we aren't offering seriously good advice. :v:

Hope so. I went for Jamaal Charles because of your RB article.

Though he was a FA this morning, and he'll sit on my bench for a little while to see what happens. As you said, he's hurt me before. But here we go.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

would you rather have Jamaal Charles or Wendell Smallwood?

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

Are we dropping our perkinses for kamaras?

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

We're dropping our Perkinses for literally anything. Kamara is a good pickup.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

I'd rather have Charles, unless you need someone to start right now.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

Charles.

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
gently caress I really don't want to start Monty + Howard on a short week.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Gorman Thomas posted:

I'm starting Howard and Cohen :stonklol:

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Gorman Thomas posted:

I'm doing it this week.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Gorman Thomas posted:

monty tarik myself

Butter Hole
Dec 8, 2011

MacheteZombie posted:

monty tarik myself

Howard AND Tarik, and also the packers defense for some reason.

I really hate the packers defense start, but the other options are Dallas, Tennessee, Tampa, and Detroit. Bleh.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Butter Hole posted:

Howard AND Tarik, and also the packers defense for some reason.

I really hate the packers defense start, but the other options are Dallas, Tennessee, Tampa, and Detroit. Bleh.

I'm starting Detroit's DST myself. They did pretty well against ATL in my league's scoring, so hopefully they do the same to Minn.

Butter Hole
Dec 8, 2011

MacheteZombie posted:

I'm starting Detroit's DST myself. They did pretty well against ATL in my league's scoring, so hopefully they do the same to Minn.

I'm tempted, but everyone has them rated so lowly. They're playing on the road in that crazy MIN stadium, and Keenum tore up TB last week. But it seems a bit rich to expect Keenum to tear it up twice in a row.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
I'm going with DET and JAX this week. DET clipped Matt Ryan's wings and have a better defense than people give them credit for.

E: Jarrad Davis, their starting MLB, is back in practice (concussion).

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
I'm keeping the Ravens and hoping they're fueled by hatred this week.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Is Denver vs Oakland a bad start this week? Everyone has rated it lowly.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

MacheteZombie posted:

monty tarik myself

This :(

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

MacheteZombie posted:

No way. Their score lies about how good they are unless they can miraculously come up with a pick 6 every week.

I'm keeping the Ravens and hoping they're fueled by hatred this week.

Same here

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Chernabog posted:

If it's the passing game yes.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Oh cool somehow nobody picked Smallwood up on the wire, so I just nabbed him in case.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Alfalfa posted:

No way. Their score lies about how good they are unless they can miraculously come up with a pick 6 every week.

Same here

Turnovers are their motto this year, and in ff turnovers are king. I like them more than the Eagles @LAC this week, but maybe I'm dumb. It happens.

Suave Fedora posted:

I'm going with DET and JAX this week. DET clipped Matt Ryan's wings and have a better defense than people give them credit for.

E: Jarrad Davis, their starting MLB, is back in practice (concussion).

:respek:

Hopefully GB's make shift line means tons of quick plays to Ty for big gains/tds!

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/913112536412823553

Carson time?

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

Chernabog posted:

They're the number 5 defense for the week on Fantasypros and they're playing at home. And who knows what Crabtree's status is.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Do people think Hilton can keep it going this week against Seattle? Or that he'll regress back to first two weeks production until Luck gets back? I need to start 3 out of Hilton, DT, Sanders, and Garcon, and I'm leaning towards Hilton being the odd man out.

And yes, I'm trying to shop DT for a RB, but no takers so far.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

thrawn527 posted:

Do people think Hilton can keep it going this week against Seattle? Or that he'll regress back to first two weeks production until Luck gets back? I need to start 3 out of Hilton, DT, Sanders, and Garcon, and I'm leaning towards Hilton being the odd man out.

And yes, I'm trying to shop DT for a RB, but no takers so far.

Dez Bryant saw zero targets in Patrick Peterson's coverage on MNF. Next WR in Peterson's shadow: Pierre Garcon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

God dammit of course. I just picked him up too. Thank God I didn't have to start him.

• Locked thread