Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

viral spiral
Sep 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

SeANMcBAY posted:

Hannity had Bill O’Reilly as a guest on his show tonight.:lol:

Is anybody surprised Fox let O'Reilly back into their studios for this? :lol:

toanoradian posted:

Fuuuck, is this how O'Reilly's gonna return to Fox News? Being a constant guest?

How loving funny would it be if Bill O'Reilly becomes a Fox News contributor? :laffo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

SeANMcBAY posted:

https://twitter.com/theharryshearer/status/912503313282879488
Did Harry Shearer take this from the Fox archives or did this actually air?:lol:

I like how to put it down he grabs it by the tip that is lit, and then struggles with all his might to not cough. He also holds it by the lit end to put it in his mouth

boner confessor posted:

what kind of loving reptilian grabs a cigarette as close to the cherry as possible

e: on second thought it's one of those disposable vapes that looks like a cigarette, it's the only explanation that makes sense

actually yes this has to be the explanation.

empty whippet box fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Sep 27, 2017

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

viral spiral posted:

Is anybody surprised Fox let O'Reilly back into their studios for this? :lol:

It just confirms that there's no "redemption," such as it is, for Fox under a post-Ailes management era. It is always going to be a ghoulish monster of a network no matter who is running the show. The only way to cure Fox of its problems at this point is to disassemble it right down to its last molecule.

Putting it back together again is entirely optional, of course.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Both of these men make a good case for abortion.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Megyn Kelly's new new show is going very well.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/tv/2017/09/27/debra-messing-regrets-megyn-kelly-today-appearance/707501001/

quote:

NEW YORK - Will & Grace star Debra Messing says she regrets her appearance on Megyn Kelly’s new NBC daytime show.

Messing made her comments while responding to an Instagram follower who asked why the actress, an outspoken Democrat, would appear on Megyn Kelly TODAY. Kelly joined NBC from the right-leaning Fox News earlier this year.

Messing replied that she was only told it was a Today show appearance and didn’t know Kelly was hosting. She added: “Regret going on. Dismayed by her comments.”

Kelly received backlash online after bringing a Will & Grace fan on during a Monday segment with the sitcom’s cast and asking him if he was inspired to become gay and a lawyer because of Eric McCormack’s character, a gay attorney.

Kelly didn’t immediately return a request for comment.

Kelly also wished the fan luck "with that gay thing."

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
lmaoooooooooooooo she literally asked him if the TV turned him gay

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Its kind of fun for me to think about how Megyn Kelly probably did multiple segments about "the gay agenda" and it turning people gay during her time on Fox News so it probably never even occurred to her that such an implication would be offensive.

I'm vaguely considering watching her show just to see how often she gets confused about the world outside the RWM bubble.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

What is it with people like Molyneux and Crowder attempting to look like super villains and doofy henchmen, respectively?

ESPECIALLY in Ben Garrison cartoons, the "good" people are drawn to look malevolent.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

STAC Goat posted:

Megyn Kelly's new new show is going very well.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/tv/2017/09/27/debra-messing-regrets-megyn-kelly-today-appearance/707501001/

Kelly also wished the fan luck "with that gay thing."

Kelly wasn't playing a part for money, she just is that stupid.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Faustian Bargain posted:

What is it with people like Molyneux and Crowder attempting to look like super villains and doofy henchmen, respectively?

ESPECIALLY in Ben Garrison cartoons, the "good" people are drawn to look malevolent.

Whaddaya mean?

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Faustian Bargain posted:

they're so edgy, see

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Faustian Bargain posted:

my good man, i take it you've never seen kevin williamson of the national review

Radio Nowhere
Jan 8, 2010
Enjoyed this article of unfunnyconservative comedians complaining about lack of TV exposure.

https://www.theguardian.com/global/2017/sep/27/why-cant-rightwing-comics-break-into-us-late-night-tv

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Radio Nowhere posted:

Enjoyed this article of unfunnyconservative comedians complaining about lack of TV exposure.

https://www.theguardian.com/global/2017/sep/27/why-cant-rightwing-comics-break-into-us-late-night-tv

I love when Fox News made a daily show show

The Half Hour News Hour

Various snippets
https://youtu.be/6o_3UIhK-Pw

Global Warming
https://youtu.be/_1t8toPJNyE

Sexual Harassment
https://youtu.be/fns5lOisXco

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Radio Nowhere posted:

All those words, and they still don't know that in comedy, you're not supposed to punch down...

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Mister Facetious posted:

All those words, and they still don't know that in comedy, you're not supposed to punch down...

In right-wing comedy you are *definitely* supposed to punch down. Where do you think racist/sexist jokes come from?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

BarbarianElephant posted:

In right-wing comedy you are *definitely* supposed to punch down. Where do you think racist/sexist jokes come from?

And that's why we hear so many of them on TV and radio! :v:

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Radio Nowhere posted:

ah, thousands of bitter white guys who would certainly say that the white-black income gap is due to lack of talent and hard work are calling for fair and even representation across an industry, you say :allears:

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.
If right-wing comedians can't get a show on Fox, it's not the "liberal conspiracy" - it's that they just plain aren't funny.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

The Muppets On PCP posted:

my good man, i take it you've never seen kevin williamson of the national review

All that's missing is the eyepatch and the cat.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

The fact that Crowder is not mentioned in article is wonderful

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

BarbarianElephant posted:

If right-wing comedians can't get a show on Fox, it's not the "liberal conspiracy" - it's that they just plain aren't funny.

Considering the core of modern conservatism is a massive victim complex of course it's everyone else's fault that no one finds them funny.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Mister Facetious posted:

No one is more oppressed than white men, so they're always punching up, duh.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Keeshhound posted:

No one is more oppressed than white men, so they're always punching up, duh.

:thunk:

Remember those "Liberal Logic" memes they tried to make catch on?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Mister Facetious posted:

:thunk:

Remember those "Liberal Logic" memes they tried to make catch on?

No, were they like "if black people were so oppressed, why is there a black doctor on TV?"

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

They all had the tagline, "This is what liberals actually believe"

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Mister Facetious posted:

They all had the tagline, "This is what liberals actually believe"

The best was the one that accurately explained why taking money from the rich is good for the economy.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Faustian Bargain posted:

As far as I know Molyneux A) does not own one or more skulls and B) does not position them prominently behind him on his Youtube videos.

4/10, low effort.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Megyn Kelly probably should've stayed on Fox. In the land of the blind, the one-eyed woman is queen.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Nevvy Z posted:

The best was the one that accurately explained why taking money from the rich is good for the economy.

Care to share?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

STAC Goat posted:

Its kind of fun for me to think about how Megyn Kelly probably did multiple segments about "the gay agenda" and it turning people gay during her time on Fox News so it probably never even occurred to her that such an implication would be offensive.

I'm vaguely considering watching her show just to see how often she gets confused about the world outside the RWM bubble.

She said when she went to NBC, she was amazed at the amount of fact checking they did compared to Fox.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Faustian Bargain posted:

NOT AN ARGUMENT!

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

PhazonLink posted:

She said when she went to NBC, she was amazed at the amount of fact checking they did compared to Fox.

Yep. I'm still sad that didn't get more attention because it was an amazingly embarrassing condemnation of both Kelly and Fox News. Even Alex Jones was laughing.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

https://twitter.com/mmfa/status/912400863460814848

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Radio Nowhere posted:

“I’m the new Lenny Bruce,” Brad Stine, a conservative Christian comic who’s been likened to Sam Kinison and George Carlin, told me. “That’s how ridiculous this is. They’re not arresting me like they did Lenny; they’re just not allowing me on their TV shows.”

“I’m used to being made fun of as a Christian and a conservative,” he says, adding that critics of his, many of whom he considers a part of the “leftist” media apparatus, are more likely to call him unfunny than they are to attack his politics. “It’s McCarthyism lived out in real time, because when Chris Rock does the same thing I do, it’s called social commentary.”

oh sweet jesus tell me this sam's club goober does the niggas vs black people bit with zero self-awareness

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

That is all sorts of a mess. The homophobic doxxing bakers, playere shouldn't protest because they should be thankful that if they protest they won't be executed like North Koreans so therefore protesting is wrong.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

PJOmega posted:

That is all sorts of a mess. The homophobic doxxing bakers, playere shouldn't protest because they should be thankful that if they protest they won't be executed like North Koreans so therefore protesting is wrong.

Also, "protesters should be grateful they're not summarily killed by agents of the government" doesn't make sense when they're literally protesting that people are being summarily killed by agents of the government.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Look, man. They should just be grateful that they have the freedom to protest without being punished and show that by not protesting or else they'll get punished because its unfair that other people protested and were punished. This all totally makes sense if you just stop thinking and start nodding.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
New York City/New York State law allows you to smoke in private businesses that aren't like open to the public. And a set inside the Fox News studios is almost certainly not "open to the public" in a way that would make it a violation.

Then again like, it's very difficult to legally smoke normal cigarettes on Broadway theater stages because of having so much of an audience, so if any of the studio complex in the building is set up for live audiences it could be illegal.

fishmech fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Sep 27, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

The Muppets On PCP posted:

Nice to see that the Brotherhood of Nod is doing well.