Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Yandat posted:

what percentage of people have to pay the DEATH TAX

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/politics/wp/2017/04/26/heres-how-many-people-have-to-pay-the-estate-tax-that-trump-wants-to-dump/

this is where "start killing people" comes from

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
taxesssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Phone posted:

the same percentage of people who have more than 5 million in the bank

they aint people :colbert:

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
they tax you when you earn the money, and AGAIN when you die. Very unfair.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Making taxes simple & easy is literally what turbotax does.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

THE WHITE HOUSE
Office of the Press Secretary
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
September 27, 2017

Unified Framework for Fixing Our Broken Tax Code

The Trump Administration, the House Committee on Ways and Means, and the Senate Committee on Finance have developed a unified framework to achieve pro-American, fiscally responsible tax reform. This framework will deliver a 21st century tax code that is built for growth, supports middle-class families, defends our workers, protects our jobs, and puts America first. It will deliver fiscally responsible tax reform by broadening the tax base, closing loopholes, and growing the economy.

We have a once-in-a generation opportunity to give American workers and businesses the level playing field they deserve and make us competitive once again on the world stage, said Director of the National Economic Council Gary Cohn. The Administration and Congress have worked together to develop this unified framework for tax reform, which will grow our economy, create jobs, and provide relief for working families. This framework will deliver on the Presidents promise to end the rigged system that has kept our workers and businesses down for too long.

This unified framework serves as a template for the tax-writing committees that will develop legislation through a transparent and inclusive process. The committees will also develop additional reforms to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of tax laws and to achieve the frameworks goals. The Chairmen of the tax-writing committees welcome and encourage bipartisan support and participation in the process.

The full framework is available here [ https://www.treasury.gov/press-center/press-releases/Documents/Tax-Framework.pdf ], and a one-page overview is available here [ https://www.treasury.gov/press-center/press-releases/Documents/Tax-Framework_1pager.pdf ].

###

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Mayor Dave posted:

miller probably had a high school bully named chad

if u choose any name at random its more likely than not that he was bullied by someone with that name

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

where can I order a print of this?

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
*eats all the cake*

It hurts me so much to eat this, believe me, believe me. This cake tastes like nails and poo poo and is not actually delicious and chocolate

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Phone posted:

less than that thanks to all sorts of trust and foundation structures.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
taxesssss

taxessss

cut cut cut for the american workers!

lets loving rock this poo poo into a blackhole!

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
estate tax is a big deal among dumb poor rurals for some reason

I would carpool with some people to college every day, and they were insanely opposed to the estate tax. They had a real opinion on it, despite the fact there is no way they'd EVER need to worry about it

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Mayor Dave posted:

less than 5%

way way less

its like 1 in 500

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

holy gently caress this world is a joke

welcome, friend.

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

imagine all the times we could be emptyquoting the "all his facial expressions are forced as hell" post'

it's constantly. the time is constantly.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Phone posted:

it's actually effectively 11 million plus

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
Lawrence Lessig gonna sue to remove the electoral college

https://twitter.com/lessig/status/913129454368624640

The one person one vote thing is why every state senate is now representative, and I've honestly always wondered why no one takes it to the federal level.

But lol, it's gonna get brought before a Neil Gorsuch SCOTUS.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

they aint people :colbert:
the guillotine has never hurt anyone

THS
Sep 15, 2017

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

holy gently caress this world is a joke

trump has radicalized most of my liberal friends from resharing biden memes to resharing gulag memes

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
hey if youre poor you dont have to worry about the estate tax bucko lmao

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

:pretzeldon:

:donchaos

wtf is donchaosemeralds

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

eonwe posted:

I would carpool with some people to college every day, and they were insanely opposed to the estate tax. They had a real opinion on it, despite the fact there is no way they'd EVER need to worry about it

the line is typically save farmers from the estate tax but it just doesn't matter anymore with the way its now structured and the fact that there are no farmers left

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/sarahkliff/status/913119661868421120

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
oh man a sports analogy, please talk about the NFL

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
lmbo estate tax doesnt even enter into the conversation for non-rich people

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

eonwe posted:

they imagine some poor family farm being split up thanks to an evil government tax man

instead of billionaire shitheads establishing an aristocracy through unearned wealth

sort of undercuts their whole "work hard instead of relying on handouts" ideology but inheriting wealth you didn't earn is better than being given by the government for some reason

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin

Yandat posted:

what percentage of people have to pay the DEATH TAX

extremely james adomian as bernie sanders:] the top 10%, of th etop 1%,

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

stupid sexy Mad Dog :swoon:

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

lol if u need an article to :killing:

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
i wonder if it's the staffers yelling out yeeeeah and trying to cheer

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

pathetic little tramp posted:

Lawrence Lessig gonna sue to remove the electoral college

https://twitter.com/lessig/status/913129454368624640

The one person one vote thing is why every state senate is now representative, and I've honestly always wondered why no one takes it to the federal level.

But lol, it's gonna get brought before a Neil Gorsuch SCOTUS.

wow the constitution contradicts itself????

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

there is pretty much nothing he can do that will actually result in any consequences

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
a family member dying is stressful enough. add on the stress of being taxed on their wealth you have just inherited. unbelievable.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
jesus max 20% corporate tax rate and he's trying to say that poors are the real winners

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

the hr blocks of the world lobby like hell so they can still be in business

that said

https://twitter.com/AaronRodgers12/status/913130015012696064

f#a#
Sep 6, 2004

I can't promise it will live up to the hype, but I tried my best.
eliminating AMT, eliminating estate tax, cutting corporate tax rate to 20% from 35%

biggest winners: every day american workers

yes hnmmmmmmm

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

most powerful

the most powerful leaders in the world, i talked to one of them, im good

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

juche avocado posted:

:pretzeldon:

:donchaos

wtf is donchaosemeralds

:chaostrump:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

brugroffil posted:

they imagine some poor family farm being split up thanks to an evil government tax man

instead of billionaire shitheads establishing an aristocracy through unearned wealth

sort of undercuts their whole "work hard instead of relying on handouts" ideology but inheriting wealth you didn't earn is better than being given by the government for some reason

lol if youre a poor family farm its likely youre swimming in debt anyway so you aint inheriting poo poo but debt

• Locked thread