Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

TMMadman posted:

A police officer was hurt! I demand justice! Destroy that freeway!

Chuds nationwide slip the surly bonds of earth in protest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

who would ever read a nonfiction book

what's the point when i have Online

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

just picked up this one:

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Joementum posted:

There is absolutely no way Trump knows that Sudan is a country.

trimp should have hit em with the stunner

"do u mean north or south sudan?? fake news!!"

THS
Sep 15, 2017

was trying to think of a lolita joke but i dont know any fiction references about young boys off the top of my head

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/nprpolitics/status/913144736931708928

russians turned on him

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

yeah rip

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

A Handed Missus posted:

trimp should have hit em with the stunner

"do u mean north or south sudan?? fake news!!"

On Earth 2, President Smart Good Trump responds with a long dissertation on the Fashoda incident.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Maddow needs to step it the gently caress up
https://twitter.com/yashar/status/913144044628447234

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

The rich must be hunted down and slaughtered. I don't know how you can conclude anything else when you see what they've done to the planet, what they've done to people, and how much luxury they live in as a result of their civilization-ending and life-destroying policies and behavior.

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

in these times of uncertainty, people must grapple with the long shadow of their most inner demons

Former Everything
Nov 28, 2007

Is this right?

what are the odds miller et al are using the travel ban to extort money from, say sudan, for promises to remove them/mention them to the idiot president?

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin

kurt voted yes

the fisherman's wife is historically accurate

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Florida Woman shot by husband stealing clown.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Schnorkles posted:

i'll post how i want dad!!!!

plz no

we dont want to know how you want dad :whitewater:

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
thread:
https://twitter.com/darth/status/874682969612369921

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

They ran a restaurant

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
also stop wasting Anderson Cooper with those garbage 10-person screaming matches CNN.

but lol CNN of course you won't

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
https://twitter.com/kurteichenwald/status/913091524858085376

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

sloppo posted:

kurt voted yes

the fisherman's wife is historically accurate

That's a painting, not a book

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

they're all garbage and should be purged

Budget Dracula
Jun 6, 2007

i feel like no amount of prepping is going to save anyone from a real doomsday scenario.

quote:

A group of centi-millionaires and a couple of billionaires were working through end-of-America scenarios and talking about what they’d do. Most said they’ll fire up their planes and take their families to Western ranches or homes in other countries.” One of the guests was skeptical, Dugger said. “He leaned forward and asked, ‘Are you taking your pilot’s family, too? And what about the maintenance guys? If revolutionaries are kicking in doors, how many of the people in your life will you have to take with you?’ The questioning continued. In the end, most agreed they couldn’t run.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

then why did you post it

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
My political and economic IQ is admittedly low so someone help me out here- one argument I've always heard against raising the corporate tax rate is that businesses will leave the US and set up shop elsewhere where the rate is lower. That's mostly bullshit, right? I've always understood that America has one of the lowest corporate tax rates in the world, but I also know that there are offshore shell companies or whatever that can play into that. Someone explain this line of reasoning to me assuming that it isn't crap.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

:3:

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

brugroffil posted:

Hannity first.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Yinlock posted:

then why did you post it

someone would eventually

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Elephanthead posted:

Florida Woman shot by husband stealing clown.

u mean newt's current wife?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
The Trump v Harris 2020 race is gonna be fun.

https://twitter.com/PoliticsReid/status/913142849746751489

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

As a libertarian, who I am to judge?

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Yinlock posted:

then why did you post it

why post anything

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

brugroffil posted:

maddow is good.
shepard smith is good (but entirely unrelated reasons).

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

https://twitter.com/DPRK_News/status/913136554025062400

love 2 learn new words

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

C-Euro posted:

My political and economic IQ is admittedly low so someone help me out here- one argument I've always heard against raising the corporate tax rate is that businesses will leave the US and set up shop elsewhere where the rate is lower. That's mostly bullshit, right? I've always understood that America has one of the lowest corporate tax rates in the world, but I also know that there are offshore shell companies or whatever that can play into that. Someone explain this line of reasoning to me assuming that it isn't crap.

We have one of the higher statutory rates, but the effective rate (what corps actually pay) is usually fairly low thanks to all sorts of loopholes and accounting tricks. Some of them are so good at it that they actually end up paying a negative tax rate!

Some companies in recent years have been doing weird mergers to move their HQ's to foreign countries and get around US taxes.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

SKULL.GIF posted:

The rich must be hunted down and slaughtered. I don't know how you can conclude anything else when you see what they've done to the planet, what they've done to people, and how much luxury they live in as a result of their civilization-ending and life-destroying policies and behavior.

they'll always get away with it as long as people do nothing, which is the #1 response

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Joementum posted:

On Earth 2, President Smart Good Trump responds with a long dissertation on the Fashoda incident.

on earth 2 when kitchener's troops recovered the caliph's body at kordofan they learned he was actually the long lost general gordon, thought slain in the fall of khartoum years before

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Nichael posted:

maddow is good.
shepard smith is good (but entirely unrelated reasons).

all cable news is bad

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

C-Euro posted:

the fact that only chad and the uae have a higher tax rate than the us might be a good place to start

not like they have a huge amount of options, plus most of them just cheat anyway because they can afford the lawyers who know the right loopholes

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
I'm in class but nothing can stop me from trumposting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

how many does this make now?

this guy, the old guy in chicago, plus the ones that were purged/disappeared in russia right after the election?

• Locked thread