Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

sexpig by night posted:

You know, Steve. Funny guy but kinda aggro.

Come on, Steve. He's always crashing parties?

Steve, man.

How is that Steve and not Sergio?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
Because Capcom-Unity's Yuri knew him!

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

TFRazorsaw posted:

They did not

Do the amiibos still do stuff in the English versions of the game?

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

s.i.r.e. posted:

Do the amiibos still do stuff in the English versions of the game?

Yes.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khDfiW2itd0

hey, you can get some gear from a bad game

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

:rolleyes:

Cool that there's finally a way to make navirou less unnerving though.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Female Link MC is super cute.

Is Epona... a Monstie? Is someone out there wearing Epona Armor

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Female Link MC is super cute.

Is Epona... a Monstie? Is someone out there wearing Epona Armor

Its a Kirin reskin with a special Kinship. You can't fight and skin one though.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Every time I read the word "monstie" I want to die.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Funkmaster General posted:

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Zore posted:

Its a Kirin reskin with a special Kinship. You can't fight and skin one though.

I completely forgot Kirin was a thing so I was wracking my brain trying to figure out if they made a whole new model for her or if they were torturing some other monster's skeleton into a horse shape.

Stupid hoppy horse, god I hate Kirin.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

uwu~~~

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

lol RIP

I just saw a recent video on some new elements of MHW and they've added a training room so you can test out your weapons and have infinite ammo for guns, pretty legit. There's a lot of QOL change in MHW that are going to alleviate a lot of tedium that's overstayed it's welcome in the series.

All they need now, and I'm not even kidding, is a taxidermy museum for all of the monsters. I'd love to see a giant amusement park looking cave that just has all of the monsters on display for you look at without having to fight. Go the whole 9 and have little plaques to read to get info on the monsters too. It would be a cool thing to build up too.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

they seem to be adding like 15 years of quality of life features at once

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!
Does deviljho spawn more in any particular area in stories or is it all random? I've only seen him once in the volcano when I was just spamming qurupeco and since it was the first time, I couldn't see his health bar and paintball when he got low

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4_d77u5OYw

Everything just looks so good. Just about everything important that I remember having to repeatedly look up on gamefaqs when I played tri is now documented in the game. Probably shouldn't be that big of a deal after a decade, but at the rate they change these things, it's a great sign that they're finally evolving and adding these QoL features :stoked:

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Centzon Totochtin posted:

Does deviljho spawn more in any particular area in stories or is it all random? I've only seen him once in the volcano when I was just spamming qurupeco and since it was the first time, I couldn't see his health bar and paintball when he got low

You can't get Jho to retreat until you get to the final mountain area. He'll show up everywhere from now on though, and can interrupt battles with other monsters

The Worst Bear
Jul 25, 2012

Do I look like a reasonable man to you, or a peppermint nightmare?
Untrue, I got Jho to retreat in the Volcano and picked up his egg there before doing the final three or so kinship stone story events and moving on to the last mountain. Fat lot of good it did though as he was rarity eight or somesuch and unrideable. :v:

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Man, Chameleos is a really cool monster...

...and a really lovely fight :whitewater:

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
In gen the first armor set I built had tremor resistance and hearing. I still use a variation of it, it's great!

Ain't no monster stomp what does keep me down.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

s.i.r.e. posted:

All they need now, and I'm not even kidding, is a taxidermy museum for all of the monsters. I'd love to see a giant amusement park looking cave that just has all of the monsters on display for you look at without having to fight. Go the whole 9 and have little plaques to read to get info on the monsters too. It would be a cool thing to build up too.

Not quite the same, but in the same spirit; the last monster you captured is in captivity in the hub town and being studied. You can walk up and check them out.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Not quite the same, but in the same spirit; the last monster you captured is in captivity in the hub town and being studied. You can walk up and check them out.

Next step, petting zoo! :shittydog:

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

The Worst Bear posted:

Untrue, I got Jho to retreat in the Volcano and picked up his egg there before doing the final three or so kinship stone story events and moving on to the last mountain. Fat lot of good it did though as he was rarity eight or somesuch and unrideable. :v:

Yeah I got one in the desert from Qurupeco singing and had to wait like 3 areas to be able to use it. I finished the main story last night and I still do not like Navirou.

I got the Navijho hat and its good.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe
Just finished the Stories main story. I actually really enjoyed Stories, if only because riding a Yian Garuga while wielding a hammer made from it's mommy's head and armor made from mommy's skin is way too fun.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

i just completed the main tutorial of stories which I guess puts me at the hour mark

does it get more complex than now

because right now it's "see what attack the opponent uses" and "use the attack good against that"

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
The early monsters all pretty much only ever use one type, later ones have different abilities and patterns (Yian Garuga always changes whenever you beat it in a head to head for example), but the combat will always be "figure out the pattern, use the right move" which makes the hunting horn really annoying for me. You get a bunch of different moves and your babies get a bunch of different moves and you can build ultimate babies by smashing them together so you have a Brachydios that burps on people or a Rathian that breathes ice.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

i just completed the main tutorial of stories which I guess puts me at the hour mark

does it get more complex than now

because right now it's "see what attack the opponent uses" and "use the attack good against that"

Monsters can vary up their patterns. For instance, Royal Ludroth uses Technical Attacks after it hits you with a water-based attack.

Yian Kut-Ku has some crazy pattern that I was never quite able to wrap my head around.

Stuff like that.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!
I fought the plot Kirin and why does it get to attack 2-3 times per turn what the heck

I mean I still beat it but it's not even like it was counterattacks, it just hits you a bunch per turn

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
Welcome to kirin. Please tell me story upped his evade or something. He's always been hard to hit cause he's so small and fast, and how dangerous he is doesn't help either.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Centzon Totochtin posted:

I fought the plot Kirin and why does it get to attack 2-3 times per turn what the heck

I mean I still beat it but it's not even like it was counterattacks, it just hits you a bunch per turn

That happens a lot with late game ones.

Rajang :argh:

Alpha Phoenix
Feb 26, 2007

That is a peckin' lot of bird...
:kazooieass::kazooieass::kazooieass:

So you know that google translate app that lets you hold up your phone to translate languages?

I tried it on the MHXX switch demo, to see if I could just play the game in Japanese.

I can't pick a favourite.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Alpha Phoenix posted:

So you know that google translate app that lets you hold up your phone to translate languages?

I tried it on the MHXX switch demo, to see if I could just play the game in Japanese.

If you press the camera button to take a photo, it will give you much better translations than the live ones.

My favorite of the live translations though is that for some reason every food item has "bitch" in it. Spicy bitch, salty bitch, savory bitch...

Crunchwrap Supreme
Sep 15, 2017

Alpha Phoenix posted:

That's incredible

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgFs_JFQRxw

This likely means you get only one Palico but CAT CUSTOMIZATION GOTY 2018

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

According to arrekz's latest video, there's options to show/hide your helmet all the time or hide it when not on hunts!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rnonAMo4C8

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

They've already said/confirmed that you only get one palico in MHW.

Personally I think that's nice. While it's cool to have a healer catte and a trapper catte or a bomber or whatever, it does get a bit less personal when you have a stable full of 50 cats. Having just one cat that you customize at the start of the game that's your cat is gonna be good :3:

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

ive had a hard time getting myself to care about multiple cats in past games so i'm all for just having one special cat buddy to love and appreciate

empathe
Nov 9, 2003

>:|

Your Computer posted:

They've already said/confirmed that you only get one palico in MHW.

Personally I think that's nice. While it's cool to have a healer catte and a trapper catte or a bomber or whatever, it does get a bit less personal when you have a stable full of 50 cats. Having just one cat that you customize at the start of the game that's your cat is gonna be good :3:

I love this if true. I couldn't be bothered for cat management.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

[shrill, effeminate squealing]

• Locked thread