Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
The core book apparently says something to the effect of "ship silhouettes run from 1-10 and the Death Stars are 10s." I wonder if the change to 20 here is to make room for ridiculously huge capital ships like Legends' Eclipse, and The Last Jedi's flagship for Snoke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echopapa
Jun 2, 2005

El Presidente smiles upon this thread.
Okay, but it isn’t listed as Restricted so if you go rolling around the galaxy in a Death Star nobody’s going to complain.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

echopapa posted:

Okay, but it isn’t listed as Restricted so if you go rolling around the galaxy in a Death Star nobody’s going to complain.

"Tell him he can't fly that thing here."
"Uh, gently caress off. You tell him."

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
PSA: over on the FFG forums, OggDude just released ver 2.2.1.0 of his chargen program.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

I did 88 damage in one shot (thanks to 2 crits that both rolled overpowered) to a player with a starship weapon today that was fun.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

echopapa posted:

Fear will keep the law enforcement in line.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Elendil004 posted:

I did 88 damage in one shot (thanks to 2 crits that both rolled overpowered) to a player with a starship weapon today that was fun.

So uh, did it vaporize them? :stare:

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Grab the bullshit by the horns

Zoro posted:

Also, correct me if I am wrong, but this thing is pretty much unkillable.

By my calculations 763,500 credits worth of baradium will annihilate it completely, no exhaust port, just a charge against the surface. I don't know how big 2,036 encumbrance is, but tow that to the Death Star and its gone.

echopapa
Jun 2, 2005

El Presidente smiles upon this thread.

TaurusTorus posted:

By my calculations 763,500 credits worth of baradium will annihilate it completely, no exhaust port, just a charge against the surface. I don't know how big 2,036 encumbrance is, but tow that to the Death Star and its gone.

That fits into the cargo bay of a CR90 Corvette.

Savidudeosoo
Feb 12, 2016

Pelican, a Bag Man

echopapa posted:

That fits into the cargo bay of a CR90 Corvette.

Can't believe the Rebellion needed a loving space wizard to kill it.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

TaurusTorus posted:

Wouldn't that require a roll of like 1000 purple?

Drone posted:

So uh, did it vaporize them? :stare:

Naw, as I understand the rules, you can only die from crits, and while this crit him heavily it didn't crit him enough. The rest of the team induced him into a medical coma and jammed him into a bacta tank and he was fine.

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Grab the bullshit by the horns

Elendil004 posted:

Wouldn't that require a roll of like 1000 purple?

That's not a bug, that's a feature. Find some ways to upgrade the difficulty for reds, one despair and it auto-detonates!

The takeaway from this is that the Rebel Alliance hosed up, for the price of ~8 X-wings, they could have afforded the explosives and one incompetent demolitionist, packed them on the Tantive IV and bam, problem solved.

TaurusTorus fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Sep 27, 2017

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
If you can't find a reason to upgrade difficulty on a cargo hold full of high explosives then you aren't really trying.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
Counterpoint for the sake of being pedantic: anything bigger than a snub fighter (and ok, maybe the Millenium Falcon), would get instantly vaporised by the Death Star's armament.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

God I love this game system.

FuriousAngle
May 14, 2006

See your face upon the clean water. How dirty! Come! Wash your face!

Drone posted:

God I love this game system.

That roll removed the only obstacle between that ISB rear end in a top hat not getting shot in the gut and him getting shot in the gut. Rowsdower tried doing things the Canadian Jedi way but ohhh nooooo.

Also, I knew it would be Zep who screwed up his part of the plan.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

this better finally have stats for the U-wing

my players have been clamoring for 'em

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

PupsOfWar posted:

this better finally have stats for the U-wing

my players have been clamoring for 'em

I can't imagine it won't. I'm guessing, at bare minimum, U-Wing, Delta T3-c shuttle, whatever class of landing craft the Rogue One was, reprint of the Ghost (with both shuttle variants), and Shadow Caster stat lines

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

also need stats for Baze's repeater cannon and Chirrut's laser crossbow

PantsOptional posted:

Can't one shot with a high enough base damage and a good crit rating blow it? That's pretty true to the source material after all.

I assume the full version of the write-up will include a bunch of ranks in Massive (special rules section is cut off in this shot) to prevent this.

alternatively, they might figure that if you can roll well enough to punch through 20 armor (which would take some doing even with a heavy turbolaser battery or a torp) and still get a crit that high, you deserve the kill.

20 silhouette also means the DS can't target even the largest of capital ships with its main laser, and would need a special rule to do so even with its secondary turbolasers.

PupsOfWar fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Oct 1, 2017

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/10/9/imperial-living/

Dawn of Rebellion is adding SIX new universal spec trees and four new species.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I want to be a snow wookie!

I haven't done anything Star Wars in a while and I'm kind of feeling that its my best bet to sell to friends for starting a new game. I have a bunch of the Edge of the Empire and Age of Rebellion stuff at home (half a world away), which means aside from shipping in stuff I already have, I could get Force and Destiny for something new.

How do pure Force & Destiny games work out? If I wanted to just start a game and run through a published adventure, is there a recommended one or should I just get the beginner box? Character creation is a lot of fun so I"m thinking I'd prefer to just pick up the book + one of the adventure books.

Or maybe I'll test the waters first by dusting off this copy of Imperial Assault I forgot I had, and then selling them on an actual RPG.

FuriousAngle
May 14, 2006

Cinnamon Bear posted:

I want to be a snow wookie!

I haven't done anything Star Wars in a while and I'm kind of feeling that its my best bet to sell to friends for starting a new game. I have a bunch of the Edge of the Empire and Age of Rebellion stuff at home (half a world away), which means aside from shipping in stuff I already have, I could get Force and Destiny for something new.

How do pure Force & Destiny games work out? If I wanted to just start a game and run through a published adventure, is there a recommended one or should I just get the beginner box? Character creation is a lot of fun so I"m thinking I'd prefer to just pick up the book + one of the adventure books.

Or maybe I'll test the waters first by dusting off this copy of Imperial Assault I forgot I had, and then selling them on an actual RPG.

I think the recommendation is always "get the beginner box". Dice, destiny pips, a map, and a condensed rulebook is worth the price. The adventures are all very basic and straight forward to help introduce the mechanics, but if you're dealing with players new to the system it can be very helpful. If you want to do character creation, you can just get OggDude's character creator program and go with that. No rulebook necessary, for the most part.

I have run the beginner modules from Age of Rebellion and Edge of the Empire and they're both neat in their own way, but I haven't run Force and Destiny's beginner mod. Just glancing over it, it seems kinda bleh.

Hopefully someone else will have some advice about published modules, but from what I've seen it's incredibly easy to just come up with a rough idea and cobble it together yourself. There's an "Adversaries" app one of the players in my game clued me in on (thanks Darius099!) that gives you all the stats you'll need and can just kind of tailor the other types of encounters to your players' strengths. Good luck!

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

FuriousAngle posted:

I think the recommendation is always "get the beginner box". Dice, destiny pips, a map, and a condensed rulebook is worth the price. The adventures are all very basic and straight forward to help introduce the mechanics, but if you're dealing with players new to the system it can be very helpful. If you want to do character creation, you can just get OggDude's character creator program and go with that. No rulebook necessary, for the most part.

I have run the beginner modules from Age of Rebellion and Edge of the Empire and they're both neat in their own way, but I haven't run Force and Destiny's beginner mod. Just glancing over it, it seems kinda bleh.

Hopefully someone else will have some advice about published modules, but from what I've seen it's incredibly easy to just come up with a rough idea and cobble it together yourself. There's an "Adversaries" app one of the players in my game clued me in on (thanks Darius099!) that gives you all the stats you'll need and can just kind of tailor the other types of encounters to your players' strengths. Good luck!

Thanks for the advice, I hadn't tried any of the Beginner Boxes before. Of the published adventures I've tried before, I had the misfortune of running the Arda I book for Age of Rebellion and ugggggh that squandered a pretty good opening on a horrid second and third acts. Other than that I've mostly made my own stuff for Edge of the Empire (but its been years ago) and that ended up being a lot more of a sandbox game letting players get themselves into situations.

Also, I didn't know about the OggDude thing, I'll have to look into that one!

Harkano
Jun 5, 2005

FuriousAngle posted:

Got a link to the app? Is it iOS or Android only?

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Cinnamon Bear posted:

Also, I didn't know about the OggDude thing, I'll have to look into that one!

Once you have the character creator I'd recommend looking around for the fan compiled data set.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

jivjov posted:

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/10/9/imperial-living/

Dawn of Rebellion is adding SIX new universal spec trees

hot dang!

FuriousAngle
May 14, 2006

Harkano posted:

Got a link to the app? Is it iOS or Android only?

I dunno about iOS, but I just found it by going to the Play Store and searching "Star Wars" "Adversaries". This looks like the one for Android:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.saladdragon.adversaries

It's cool to share links like this, right?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

FuriousAngle posted:

I dunno about iOS, but I just found it by going to the Play Store and searching "Star Wars" "Adversaries". This looks like the one for Android:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.saladdragon.adversaries

It's cool to share links like this, right?

If it isn't everyone in the Android games thread is gonna get banned :v:

FuriousAngle
May 14, 2006

Azhais posted:

If it isn't everyone in the Android games thread is gonna get banned :v:

And it'll be my fault, too, knowing me.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
I'm going through Chronicles of the Gatekeeper with my friends right now, and we reached the penultimate chapter where they need to visit an underwater Jedi temple that's been abandoned. The book says it's possible to use their ship underwater, but it makes many checks harder than if they used one with aquatic capabilities. So, I wanted to give them an option to get one, should they wish to do so. What's a decent ship I could offer them? It wouldn't be for free, but I'll let them figure out how to proceed with the acquisition.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Crumbletron posted:

I'm going through Chronicles of the Gatekeeper with my friends right now, and we reached the penultimate chapter where they need to visit an underwater Jedi temple that's been abandoned. The book says it's possible to use their ship underwater, but it makes many checks harder than if they used one with aquatic capabilities. So, I wanted to give them an option to get one, should they wish to do so. What's a decent ship I could offer them? It wouldn't be for free, but I'll let them figure out how to proceed with the acquisition.

You could dig out some of the Mon Calamari designs from the d6 game

e: Like the good ol' deepwater

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/DeepWater-class_light_freighter

Azhais fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Oct 12, 2017

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

A remarkable example of a pathetic species.
Lipstick Apathy

PupsOfWar posted:

also need stats for Baze's repeater cannon

It's a heavy blaster rifle. 10 dam, 3 crit, 6 encumbrance, long range, 4 hardpoints, 6 rarity, auto-fire and cumbersome 3 are the base stats, and safe to assume some mods were installed.

[Edit: Or if you want to go bonkers, could say it's a light repeater rifle, but that's supposed to be a squad support weapon that's too large to reasonably jog around with. Heavy blaster rifles are a slightly more reasonable thing for a person to be carrying around while still having the auto-fire quality.]

Valatar fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Oct 12, 2017

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE

Azhais posted:

You could dig out some of the Mon Calamari designs from the d6 game

e: Like the good ol' deepwater

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/DeepWater-class_light_freighter

This is perfect! I'm not worried about stats or anything. Depending on how things go, they might not get to keep it anyway.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Ghost of Dathomir is out.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Covok posted:

Ghost of Dathomir is out.

Not til Thursday. They 11th hour pushed back the street date a week, I guess due to distribution issues.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

If you shoot something with limited ammo 8, and you use the linked quality do you use two limited ammo or one?

Talkie Toaster
Jan 23, 2006
May contain carcinogens

Elendil004 posted:

If you shoot something with limited ammo 8, and you use the linked quality do you use two limited ammo or one?
I think the devs answered this in one of the FAQ threads but I can’t remember. I *do* remember people arguing Limited Ammo should only be reduced when you *trigger* Linked, which is mad.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Talkie Toaster posted:

I think the devs answered this in one of the FAQ threads but I can’t remember. I *do* remember people arguing Limited Ammo should only be reduced when you *trigger* Linked, which is mad.

I would love a dev ruling on this.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

jivjov posted:

Not til Thursday. They 11th hour pushed back the street date a week, I guess due to distribution issues.

The real release date is in the year 3000.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

jivjov posted:

I was able to buy it, though.