Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which team will take the division in 2017
This poll is closed.
Pittsburgh Steelers 38 27.54%
Baltimore Ravens 20 14.49%
Cincinnati Bengals 13 9.42%
Yeah just kidding, it'll be one of the other 3 67 48.55%
Total: 138 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Browns are working for that parade this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zhel
Aug 2, 2010

I'm getting really tired of Pittsburgh not showing up for road games. But at least everyone else lost too so I've got that going for me.

Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

I threw a Jim Harbaugh-esque tantrum in my livingroom over football today

A fair reaction when Mike Glennon is the opposing QB.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Ches Neckbeard posted:

I hope Bengals-Browns ends in a tie.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

im really proud that andy dalton with 14 seconds to go on a tie game, forgoing the attempt to take a shot to get into field goal range for the win, and took a knee in protest to take the game into overtime against the packers

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Sour Diesel posted:

im really proud that andy dalton with 14 seconds to go on a tie game, forgoing the attempt to take a shot to get into field goal range for the win, and took a knee in protest to take the game into overtime against the packers

To be fair, Rodgers had never won in OT before so maybe they were going for keeping that? :thunk:

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

To be fair, Rodgers had never won in OT before so maybe they were going for keeping that? :thunk:

I saw some stat where Rodgers has only thrown 6 passes in 7 OT games, so its more that Green Bay can't win in OT.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Sour Diesel posted:

It's not Andy's fault that Marvin is bitchmade.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Sour Diesel posted:

The Ravens are such dedicated social activists that the entire team took a knee for 4 quarters in London. Jaguars were so touched they scored a touch down on themselves to prevent the shut out.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
God bless the AFC North and the woke Baltimore Ravens

Weebly
May 6, 2007

General Chaos wants you!
College Slice
We have a team called the Browns. Don't even step

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The Browns are turning this season around any day now.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Browns will be decent by the end of the year I think watching their games they do have like talent and poo poo now

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Browns will be decent by the end of the year I think watching their games they do have like talent and poo poo now
I agree. I think they'll finally put together a playoff worthy team by Feb. 5th.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Tibalt posted:

I agree. I think they'll finally put together a playoff worthy team by Feb. 5th.

Browns winning it all can still happen, friend.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
It is actually nuts how Hue Jackson leaving completely loving wrecked the Bengals

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

The Browns are turning this season around any day now.

Legit chance they're not going to end up being last place in the division, which in a way is its own Super Bowl

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
Ravens week https://youtu.be/DC8wjV2H5EQ

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

This may be the least excited I've ever been for a Ravens-Steelers game

Mexican Radio
Jan 5, 2007

mombo with your jombo?
I look forward to the Steelers embarrassing themselves against the Ravens on Sunday, but then ending up 10-6 and getting steamrolled by the Patriots in the playoffs again. inshallah.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
At last year's Steelers@Ravens game I saw a woman wearing a Roethlisberger jersey and a MAGA hat. So I turn to my Father and say "Look Dad, it's the worst person in the world." We laughed and laughed and laughed. Today I had a 30 minute conversation with my Dad trying to understand his frustration with the players kneeling during the National Anthem. The distilled version is that he isn't watching Football to be proselytized to so if the players want to make a statement they should buy ad time like anyone else. Also, if NFL players are allowed to make political statements via simple gestures it would only be fair to let Nazis, members of Isis, and every other monster in the world have their say before each game as well. Therefore no one should ever protest in anyway that might be visible.

Say what you will of 2016 but I liked it a hell of a lot better than 2017.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I just love the idea that if you want to make a protest statement, you need to buy ad time for it.

Almost as much as the idea as letting ISIS and Nazis Buy air time.

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Sep 30, 2017

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010
Welcome your 11-5 2017 afcn champion steelers

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

The saddest fans on earth:
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21094214/misery-knows-no-borders-devoted-cleveland-browns-fans-globe

quote:

Steve figures he and wife, Jane, have forked out thousands of pounds to travel to Cleveland and other NFL cities to watch the Browns in 25 games through the years.

"That probably does make me sound like a sad anorak -- and most of my friends would probably agree," he said with a shrug.

What memories, though. "I even went over for the opening day of the new franchise in 1999 against the Steelers," he said. "What a great day! And then the game started -- and we got killed 43-0."

quote:

Four years ago, he formed the Icelandic branch of the Browns Backers. Each Sunday, he organizes a screening with a bunch of chums at Dillon Whiskey Bar in downtown Reykjavik.

"We can get about 25 people watching a game on a good day -- er, even if there aren't many good days for the Browns -- including 15 Icelandic members," Urbon said. "It can get crazy. This place has the best happy hour in Iceland -- yes, happy hours and the Browns can go together -- but they do kind of suck more than ever at the moment and it's such a downer that a lot of my mates just don't care to come out anymore."

:lol:

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

I have had whiskey at that bar.

That is incredible. I wish I would've been there to see that.

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
So are the Cleveland browns some sort of Football circle of hell? It seems incredible that one team can be so bad for so long.

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

Turns out management actually matters.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Flacco with another fake injury in a lost season. Congrats Steelers

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Bigass Moth posted:

Flacco with another fake injury in a lost season. Congrats Browns

9-7 starts this weekend

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Well, show me the way to the next whiskey bar

Oh don't ask why
Oh don't ask why

Show me the way to the next whiskey bar

Oh don't ask why
Oh don't ask why

For if we don't find the next whiskey bar

Will have to watch Browns dry
Will have to
Will have to
We'll have to watch them dry

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Leave Hue in London tbh

BraveJoe
Feb 18, 2010

Ches Neckbeard posted:

its amazing how amazing the Browns are at sucking. you have to try to be that incompetent

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Eifert Posting posted:

Well, show me the way to the next whiskey bar

Oh don't ask why
Oh don't ask why

Show me the way to the next whiskey bar

Oh don't ask why
Oh don't ask why

For if we don't find the next whiskey bar

Will have to
Will have to
We'll have to watch them dry

wanna watch a Brechtian opera about Cleveland

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY
I hope we get some cool up and coming offensive mind when Marv leaves but I know we're gonna get someone horrible

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the next bengals head coach is Jim Haslett

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

a patagonian cavy posted:

I hope we get some cool up and coming offensive mind when Marv leaves but I know we're gonna get someone horrible

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgNREzBAnY4&t=13s

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Cavauro posted:

the next bengals head coach is hue jackson

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Josh Gordon reinstated. O/U on his next suspension is Dec 25.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Under

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Josh Gordon reinstated. O/U on his next suspension is Dec 25.

Under. He and Britt are going to gently caress off bar hopping before a game and other substances will be offered.

• Locked thread