Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

Schnorkles posted:

kinda wish i was in my 20's so i could just drink and dance instead of paying attention to the world tbh

uh what are you saying, that i'm doinf 20s wrong

poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

BUSH 2112 posted:

how did that piece of poo poo not get pulled out of his car and beaten to death in the street?

reversed and hit the gas hard. I was wondering the same thing til i saw the vid

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Koalas March posted:

:siren: mod challenge?? :siren:

I will probate myself an hour for every person who posts a picture of themselves (I wanna see your face!) Holding up a sign with todays date that says "where is the piss tape"

A guaranteed sixer if one person does it but after that I'm rounding down lol

Timer runs out in 30min

https://i.imgur.com/nBfcpFOl.jpg?1

I have the piss tape. It was given to me.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Consummate Professional posted:

you've always given me good advice EHF so why not

It'll be the experience of a lifetime

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
im a piss tape

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Mariana Horchata posted:

how long between this and that?

ahh ahh AHH

you are TRIGgerING ME

JEFFERSON PLEASE BAN *frantically points at it shrugging shoulders convulsively as if to say "whats going on, why arent yo u doin somthin about it"*

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
im piss rick

Baller Ina
Oct 21, 2010

:whattheeucharist:

Mr Hootington posted:

https://i.imgur.com/nBfcpFOl.jpg?1

I have the piss tape. It was given to me.

Cursed image #3748

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
pleas stop radicaliz me

i dont like it

respect my ignorance u dum binch

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

Slamhound posted:

Southern Reach Trilogy is great. If you like Stanislaw Lem and Philip K Dick, it's somewhat in that vein; cosmic, unanswered/unanswerable mysteries in an almost bleak narrative from the people right on the precipice.

Sounds right up my alley, will check it out.

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

Sir Tonk posted:

previous rankings, let's get going people

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

ill post when i loving want to bitch

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

basically to understand star wars episode 1 just mentally replace the alien trade federation guy with peter thiel and it'll all make a lot more sense

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

BUSH 2112 posted:

how did that piece of poo poo not get pulled out of his car and beaten to death in the street?

i believe their first instinct beyond self preservation was aiding the injured around them vs. achieving vigilante justice thru violence :nyoron:

also that painting obviously reminded me of guernica so i had a look and i must say its starting 2 become a bit prophetic~

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Lastgirl posted:

caution, radicalizing image ahead

dang good drawings and he makes hell of a chickpea!

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Wasn't amadala like elected queen or some poo poo? I feel like that required an explanation that didn't add up

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Mariana Horchata posted:

how long between this and that?

ok, i see the one bad side

but where's the other?

is it the car????

THS
Sep 15, 2017

Geohell

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
im so deep in exonomicty that i cant tell right from wrong

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Alien antifarm

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

mormonpartyboat posted:

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
gently caress i want some poi

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Schnorkles posted:

kinda wish i was in my 20's so i could just drink and dance instead of paying attention to the world tbh

u dance better when u have existential dread tho

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

seems like a lot of pressure

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
EULOGY FOR AMERICA

Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to say our goodbyes to our dear friend America, who died recently after a brief, intense battle with fascism and a long, slow battle with carbs. Thank you all for coming out to help say farewell. It’s not easy. But at least America died doing what it loved most: deep-frying Halloween candy while white men tried to explain to women what jazz is.

America was sick for a really long time. In the early stages, I think we were all in denial. You could tell that America was unwell—public displays of brutality, deeply internalized prejudice, “Entourage”—but it seemed curable. Just a case of plain old electile dysfunction. We thought that we’d caught the fascism early, but, as we now know, it had metastasized. America was more Florida than country by the end.

America was born right here, in America, and lived here its entire life. America was always about family. It is survived by its similarly ill father, Britain, and its large brood of children: baseball, Google, fireworks, losing your fingers to fireworks, giving your Uber driver only four stars because he talked to you, thinking granola is healthy, Chicago (the place), “Chicago” (the musical), “Chicago” (the movie adaptation of the musical), Chicago (the band), “Chicago Fire,” “Chicago Med,” “Chicago P.D.,” “Chicago Justice,” “Chicago ‘Chicago’ ” (a show about the Chicago production of the musical “Chicago,” coming to NBC this fall), and a bunch of wars.

I’d personally be nowhere without America. America was there when I was born, when I got married, when I saw Janet Jackson’s nipple at the Super Bowl. Remember that? After that happened, none of us slept for days, because we had never seen the pointy part of a boob on our TVs before, and it really upset us. America was really cool that way. It would always get mad when you’d see the pointy part of a boob on a TV. I’m gonna miss that.

However, we should not dwell on the loss of our dear country, friend, and place where all the Cheesecake Factories and Lids stores are. Today, let’s celebrate America’s life, and remember all of the remarkable things it accomplished and how many actors playing Spider-Man who keep getting cuter and younger were inside of it. America gave us so much. And, boy, did it look good for its age. America was two hundred and forty-one years old when it died, but it didn’t look a day over a hundred and sixty-four! It looked so young, it could’ve been the very same America that put its own citizens in internment camps!

America got a bunch of things really right. Mostly how to put food inside other food. Anyone can just eat a chicken. But in a duck?! In a turkey?! In a gun?! No one is going to forget the Turduckenun any time soon. America was so inventive that way. And, I mean, everyone does silly stuff when they’re young. America was beautiful, too. Sure, it was a little lumpy, and you could always see its Florida through its pants, but it just got hotter with age. So hot. It was so, so hot by the time it died. Almost too hot to live in.

If there’s anything we should take away from this tragedy, it’s that you should always check yourself for fascism, especially around your midsection. It’s easy enough to do in the shower. If you catch it early, it can be cleared up with a rigorous regimen of local elections and books and yoga. But America was cocky. Nothing bad had ever happened to it before! It assumed this fascism would pass, just like the Second World War and “Entourage” had.

What a shame. America was just the best drat country in the whole U.S.A. I’m sorry that I’m getting choked up. I get really emotional when I think of America, and also I took too big of a bite of Turduckenun and it got lodged in my windpipe. We will all miss America greatly. Every time I see an American flag or a gun, I’ll think of America. But we can all rest easy knowing America is in a better place now: Russia.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Tldr

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Epic High Five posted:

Wasn't amadala like elected queen or some poo poo? I feel like that required an explanation that didn't add up

she apparently was but I don't know what kind of hosed up situation makes a 12-year-old the best choice to lead your people, seems like a Trumpy gimmick leader

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Brother Friendship
Jul 12, 2013

Mayor Dave posted:

that's mental illness for you, never the ones you think

yes and also the ones you think

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Burnin the ol midnight skeleton

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

BUSH 2112 posted:

he stopped for like a second then reversed at 40 mph

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Lastgirl posted:

EULOGY FOR AMERICA

Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to say our goodbyes to our dear friend America, who died recently after a brief, intense battle with fascism and a long, slow battle with carbs. Thank you all for coming out to help say farewell. It’s not easy. But at least America died doing what it loved most: deep-frying Halloween candy while white men tried to explain to women what jazz is.

America was sick for a really long time. In the early stages, I think we were all in denial. You could tell that America was unwell—public displays of brutality, deeply internalized prejudice, “Entourage”—but it seemed curable. Just a case of plain old electile dysfunction. We thought that we’d caught the fascism early, but, as we now know, it had metastasized. America was more Florida than country by the end.

America was born right here, in America, and lived here its entire life. America was always about family. It is survived by its similarly ill father, Britain, and its large brood of children: baseball, Google, fireworks, losing your fingers to fireworks, giving your Uber driver only four stars because he talked to you, thinking granola is healthy, Chicago (the place), “Chicago” (the musical), “Chicago” (the movie adaptation of the musical), Chicago (the band), “Chicago Fire,” “Chicago Med,” “Chicago P.D.,” “Chicago Justice,” “Chicago ‘Chicago’ ” (a show about the Chicago production of the musical “Chicago,” coming to NBC this fall), and a bunch of wars.

I’d personally be nowhere without America. America was there when I was born, when I got married, when I saw Janet Jackson’s nipple at the Super Bowl. Remember that? After that happened, none of us slept for days, because we had never seen the pointy part of a boob on our TVs before, and it really upset us. America was really cool that way. It would always get mad when you’d see the pointy part of a boob on a TV. I’m gonna miss that.

However, we should not dwell on the loss of our dear country, friend, and place where all the Cheesecake Factories and Lids stores are. Today, let’s celebrate America’s life, and remember all of the remarkable things it accomplished and how many actors playing Spider-Man who keep getting cuter and younger were inside of it. America gave us so much. And, boy, did it look good for its age. America was two hundred and forty-one years old when it died, but it didn’t look a day over a hundred and sixty-four! It looked so young, it could’ve been the very same America that put its own citizens in internment camps!

America got a bunch of things really right. Mostly how to put food inside other food. Anyone can just eat a chicken. But in a duck?! In a turkey?! In a gun?! No one is going to forget the Turduckenun any time soon. America was so inventive that way. And, I mean, everyone does silly stuff when they’re young. America was beautiful, too. Sure, it was a little lumpy, and you could always see its Florida through its pants, but it just got hotter with age. So hot. It was so, so hot by the time it died. Almost too hot to live in.

If there’s anything we should take away from this tragedy, it’s that you should always check yourself for fascism, especially around your midsection. It’s easy enough to do in the shower. If you catch it early, it can be cleared up with a rigorous regimen of local elections and books and yoga. But America was cocky. Nothing bad had ever happened to it before! It assumed this fascism would pass, just like the Second World War and “Entourage” had.

What a shame. America was just the best drat country in the whole U.S.A. I’m sorry that I’m getting choked up. I get really emotional when I think of America, and also I took too big of a bite of Turduckenun and it got lodged in my windpipe. We will all miss America greatly. Every time I see an American flag or a gun, I’ll think of America. But we can all rest easy knowing America is in a better place now: Russia.

HA Twitter? More like Torture!!

:dealwithit:

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Al! posted:

seems like a lot of pressure

you're an ant

you don't feel pressure, just the overwhelming support of your sisters :madmax:

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

mormonpartyboat posted:

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Admiral Ray posted:

u dance better when u have existential dread tho

these days i just dance real bad tbh

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Epic High Five posted:

yeah some half-assed idea that the queen of naboo is some teenage girl with term limits so amidala could be in the senate too.

man theres just some piss poor worldbuilding in the prequels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

BUSH 2112 posted:

He was driving very fast, crashed into parked cars, and then floored it backwards.

People still ran after him. turns out cars can move faster than people

• Locked thread