Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

SirPablo posted:

Goddamn I knew I wasn't the only one that saw this.

I don't dare say what it reminds me of

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

Stereotype posted:

You guys need to read 1984 again. We don't want to kill anyone

We want to change them.
We want to change mega-rich assholes from being powerful and capable of inflicting massive harm on the population/environment to being powerless and incapable of inflicting harm.

I only know of one particularly effective method of achieving that, but creative suggestions are always welcome.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

twice burned ice posted:

Let's simplify the tax code by not writing a new one.

Just grab the tax code from 1944, slap 2017 on it and call it a day.

But we can't do that - people other than white former GIs would benefit from the financial windfall! When you have *that* much money trickling into the government, some of it is just *bound* to get allocated to poor and/or disadvantaged people who deserve and/or need it, and we just can't have that because it's ~soshalism~ or something. Again, it's like you never drank your way through Harvard Business School. :rolleyes:

Also...job creators. You sheep are still falling for that line, right? No? Enh...gently caress you - we paid good money - mostly yours - for that term.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Inferior Third Season posted:

We want to change mega-rich assholes from being powerful and capable of inflicting massive harm on the population/environment to being powerless and incapable of inflicting harm.

I only know of one particularly effective method of achieving that, but creative suggestions are always welcome.

They will be glad for it too.

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

A new development in the Trump administration's attemps to become the ultimate Captain Planet villain - they now want to murder wild mustangs so that they can give more money to oil companies.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/senate-bill-could-trigger-mass-slaughter-of-wild-mustang/

quote:

The roundup can be hard to watch, as the terrified wild horses are driven out of the mountains by sounds emitted from a helicopter, forced up hillsides and down gullies and ultimately drawn into the corral by a so-called "Judas horse" that leads the way.

"I'll be quite frank with you, some might put their head down and try to go through the panels. I hope that doesn't happen," Ward said.

Injuries aren't uncommon. These roundups, though, might get tougher to stomach in the coming years.

President Trump's proposed budget would allow "humane euthanasia" of excess horses and burros. It would allow unrestricted sale of certain animals that could end up sold to foreign slaughterhouses.

It all comes down to money. The new budget for the Department of Interior allocates $24 million more on gas, oil and coal management and $10 million less to manage the wild horse and burro program.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Mods, change my name to Judas Horse, tia

EDIT: Even better: BoJudas Horseman.

AceOfFlames fucked around with this message at 09:46 on Sep 28, 2017

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Inferior Third Season posted:

A new development in the Trump administration's attemps to become the ultimate Captain Planet villain - they now want to murder wild mustangs so that they can give more money to oil companies.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/senate-bill-could-trigger-mass-slaughter-of-wild-mustang/

"Wild" mustangs. These are 200-400 year old feral populations of a large ungulate species that hasn't been native to the region (and thus the environment took a different way where they weren't needed or wanted) since 10 KYA.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Office Pig posted:

Even if you're some idiot dumb-dumb that cannot possibly look appetizing. Overfed housecats eat better than that.

Don't doxx my cat(s) please 😭😭😭😭

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

KiteAuraan posted:

"Wild" mustangs. These are 200-400 year old feral populations of a large ungulate species that hasn't been native to the region (and thus the environment took a different way where they weren't needed or wanted) since 10 KYA.
Same, but about white people.

Dejawesp
Jan 8, 2017

You have to follow the beat!
It's depressingly ironic that people who think NFL players should should keep politics out of their job are no doubt the same people who supported Kim Davis and the Gay Cake Baker Nazi.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Dejawesp posted:

It's depressingly ironic that people who think NFL players should should keep politics out of their job are no doubt the same people who supported Kim Davis and the Gay Cake Baker Nazi.

As Sam Bee said on her show last night, they just want a bunch of mostly black guys to keep 'working the field' for their white contract-holders.

TyroneGoldstein
Mar 30, 2005

There's a hundred different ways that they could have plated this fairly pedestrian idea correctly and exactly one wrong way. They chose the one wrong way.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

It's like "Derelicte," but *for food*!

...and it's real, and not a farce for film!

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

It looks like a crime scene.
All that's missing are the chalk outlines.

Dejawesp
Jan 8, 2017

You have to follow the beat!

Avirosb posted:

It looks like a crime scene.
All that's missing are the chalk outlines.

What it's placed on? Carbon paper? Where's the plate?

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
It looks like a slate.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Dejawesp posted:

Comments on the post seem to suggest it's a roofing tile. People are suggesting something called a 'ceramic plate' because it evidently holds food well and insulates heat better.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

Dejawesp posted:

It's a piece of flagstone or slate, because you know you want your food sitting on a surface that can't be sanitized

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Comments on the post seem to suggest it's a roofing tile. People are suggesting something called a 'ceramic plate' because it evidently holds food well and insulates heat better.

The dinner plates are probably being used as ash trays.

TyroneGoldstein
Mar 30, 2005

rscott posted:

It's a piece of flagstone or slate, because you know you want your food sitting on a surface that can't be sanitized

All in the name of making you feel fancy.

It reminds me of a commercial from years ago for some cleaning product that featured a woman who ran a restaurant where everyone sat on the floor and the tables were just outlines in tile...on the floor.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
It looks like food that was spilled onto a black tablecloth. I mean, I know everything with the Trump name is a shitshow, but this is worse than I could have expected.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

but what about the taco salad at Trump Tower #vivamexico #ilovemexico

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/728297587418247168?lang=en

Edit: I never really noticed it before but Trump's office is cluttered with so much loving poo poo

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?
Everyone knows that behind every successful person is a bunch of clutter. It's a sign of genius!!!

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Trump is a douche, but not gonna lie, every time I see that taco bowl, I get hungry.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Dog whistle much

https://twitter.com/dcexaminer/status/913364639106428929

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Oh lordt. Of course they're afraid of their players, you dumb gently caress. if they quit en masse, owners lose their big revenue stream.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

They should be, it's not the owners providing value.

Pembroke Fuse
Dec 29, 2008

highme posted:

My guy (or gal) don't do that. Do you really want to burn your bits and have to explain that "no, those blisters/scars are from when I burned myself cooking naked" the rest of your life? At least put on an apron.

I did this a few times in college while really, really drunk. Mostly I cook with my clothes on these days. If I did cook naked, it wouldn't be anything that spatters (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSaHXtRSIjg).

Pembroke Fuse
Dec 29, 2008

Koalas March posted:

Don't doxx my cat(s) please 😭😭😭😭

So did you probate yourself to take a sanity break from the forums? :p

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Drone posted:

Edit: I never really noticed it before but Trump's office is cluttered with so much loving poo poo

You should watch that video posted earlier making fun of his vlog. There was one entry where he gets super defensive about his desk clutter.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Drone posted:

but what about the taco salad at Trump Tower #vivamexico #ilovemexico

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/728297587418247168?lang=en

Only low-class trash would serve a round taco salad on 2 square dishes.

Also, I love that the scandal of "taco bowl outreach" from the DNC hacks was a guy making fun of THIS loving TWEET and the right-wing called the democrats racist because of it.

The world is a vampire.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Pembroke Fuse posted:

So did you probate yourself to take a sanity break from the forums? :p

I did a mod challenge type deal in CSPAM and said that for every poster who held a up sign in a selfie saying "Where is the piss tape?" I'd probate myself for one hour. Guaranteed sixer, but from there I'd round down.

I'm always down for doing fun/weird poo poo like that as long as goons go out on the limb with me.

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

For a collection of many other wonderful not-plates: http://wewantplates.com/

try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

hey mister... can u play drums while I sing and play plastic guitar???
https://twitter.com/PressSec/status/913373292832153600

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

loving FINALLY.

try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

hey mister... can u play drums while I sing and play plastic guitar???
And right after that, POTUS is lying on Fox & Friends directly, instead of tweeting replies to their stories.

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/913383047822749696

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Okay -- you talk WAY too fast.
Nap Ghost

Koalas March posted:

loving FINALLY.

Any previous administration and the articles would have talked about this in retrospect, as in, "A country mourns as aid continues to flow into Puerto Rico. While the President immediately had waived the Jones Act -- a little-known law also called the Merchant Marine Act of 1920 that requires ships used for transport between American ports to be built, owned, and operated by the United States -- the potential for it to have delayed rescue efforts has led some to ask why it remains on the books." But no, with 45 it only gets waived immediately for Houston and Florida.

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

My stove defies the laws of physics!

Ah yes, now he's finally become president. It's the long-awaited pivot!

Incoming 5 tweets about sons of bitches in the NFL

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

tetrapyloctomy posted:

Any previous administration and the articles would have talked about this in retrospect, as in, "A country mourns as aid continues to flow into Puerto Rico. While the President immediately had waived the Jones Act -- a little-known law also called the Merchant Marine Act of 1920 that requires ships used for transport between American ports to be built, owned, and operated by the United States -- the potential for it to have delayed rescue efforts has led some to ask why it remains on the books." But no, with 45 it only gets waived immediately for Houston and Florida.

And yet..

quote:

The Trump administration is reportedly forcing evacuees from Puerto Rico to sign promissory notes ensuring full repayment for transportation costs and is keeping evacuees' passports as collateral.

Market Watch reported on Thursday that the State Department is using a longstanding but discretionary policy to ensure that evacuees pay transportation costs, which are based on of “the price of the last commercial one-way, full-fare (not discounted) economy ticket prior to the crisis.”

Passports won't be returned to evacuees until payment is received, according to the news outlet, which cited the State Department's website.
“Upon evacuation, a Department of State official must limit an evacuee’s passport. In order to obtain a new passport, an evacuee must arrange payment as agreed upon via the promissory note," the website reads.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9ja3i9u2Og

quote:

I got a question...
How'd he make it this far? How the gently caress did it begin?
A Trump rally sounds like Hitler in Berlin
Or KKK poo poo, now I'm goin' in
I'm just sayin' what's real, I don't give a gently caress who I offend
Cause it's gotta be said, it's gotta be said
It's off the top like the toupee on Donald Trump's head
This man's not peaceful, racism's evil
This man hates Muslims, that's a billion fuckin' people
If truth be told, Donald is a terrorist
Reasons why the world's got a problem with Americans
The gently caress is goin' on? People just passed
A mass murder happened, you said thanks for the congrats
You tryna get your votes up, you don't got class