Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?
Got all three pirate ladies in 60 quartz. :toot: Was hoping for a Victor from the Moon, but I'm quite happy with this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Yo Euryale, anytime you'd like to show up in this lovely game would be swell.

Lu Bu might officially my most hated servant by how often he's shown up in my rolls.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
So many new interludes to play through after clearing the story...

The Ushiwakamaru one can be cleared right away!

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Ugh. Got Euryale and David, two code casts, and a third kaleidoscope from my two multis. My quartz...

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I did get those two new 5* CEs but otherwise the only rateup servant I got was Hector. Even got spooked by Robin Hood, of all people.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

NRVNQSR posted:

Golems drop them. The free quest in Gaul and the Friday Monster Hunting dailies are currently the best places to get them.

Okay, cool. When that rolls around I'll farm the hell out of it to get my dudes awoken I guess.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

MonsieurChoc posted:

So many new interludes to play through after clearing the story...

Is Medea's one of them? I'm assuming it won't be added until London because it drops Gears, but you never know.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Tossed 2 10-rolls at the Okeanos Gacha, got like 3 Hectors and 1 Lancelot.

Oh well.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Okeanos is significantly more fun than the other singularities right off the bat.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
I wish they would remake the first two singularity.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

330 f2p quartz into the toilet, no pirates :suicide:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Nyaa posted:

I wish they would remake the first two singularity.
that was called moon fest

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
We need all those sword gem anyway...

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

And that's it for Arc 1. Solomon was a great final area. Going to have fun with Shinjuku and Agartha in a bit, but for now...It's time to grind the event out till I bleed.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Welp 2 10 rolls an 12 individual ones with nothing but a few decent CE to show for it. My last non-welfare 4* was loving Marie months ago.

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

Add me to the list of Drake holders. As if there need to be more riders in my stable... Not that I'm complaining about one as good as she is, mind.

Okeanos is a very fun zone, thus far. Much different in tone than the previous two, but not in a bad way.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

I want the manga/OVA of Drake versus Poseidon and the island of Atlantis.

I also want the Nasuverse version of The Count of Monte-Cristo, which apparently had Edmond Dantes fight vampires.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Another 3 multis, and literally nothing to show for it :negative:

Normally I have good luck on other gachas when one game completely fucks me on rolls, but FGO seems determined to break me of that notion.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Not to change the subject completely, but I've been thinking about CE leveling again and I want to talk about it while it's fresh on my mind. If you had an arbitrarily high/infinite number of a 1* CE, let's say Tenacity, which of these two methods would be more efficient:

1). Continually feed your highest level CE of that type into level 1s of the same type. Eventually this will result in a CE that will hit the level cap of 10, which means you can no longer feed them into level 1s, and instead have to LB a single CE and then feed the bomb to that guy.

2). OR you do the above step, but once it hits level cap you set it aside and ignore it. You repeat the process until you build up an army of twenty level 10 Tenancies. At this point, you feed all 20 mini-bombs into a single Tenacity that has been LB enough that it can take all of that experience.

It's basically a push/pull of one method requiring you to constantly LB your level 1s but taking advantage of the bonus XP going up and up, and another which only lets you get bonus experience for level 10s but probably saves you cards spent LBing constantly.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Had enough free quartz for a multi, managed to pull a David and Ann/Mary (:woop:), which is encouraging. First 4* servant I've pulled since Nerofest.
Nice attempt by the game to lure me into a false sense of security and trick me into buying stones, but it won't happen :colbert:

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Ok game, I almost forgive you for not giving me Drake because you gave me Uncle Vlad, who was right behind her in the list of 5-Stars I wanted. Good play.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
I got all the 3*s from Okeanos and then... Arturia and Carmilla. NA account, you are weird.

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
Pulled Vlad Extra in JP last night and Drake in NA this morning, good times.

Randomzx
Jul 26, 2007

Nate RFB posted:

Not to change the subject completely, but I've been thinking about CE leveling again and I want to talk about it while it's fresh on my mind. If you had an arbitrarily high/infinite number of a 1* CE, let's say Tenacity, which of these two methods would be more efficient:

1). Continually feed your highest level CE of that type into level 1s of the same type. Eventually this will result in a CE that will hit the level cap of 10, which means you can no longer feed them into level 1s, and instead have to LB a single CE and then feed the bomb to that guy.

2). OR you do the above step, but once it hits level cap you set it aside and ignore it. You repeat the process until you build up an army of twenty level 10 Tenancies. At this point, you feed all 20 mini-bombs into a single Tenacity that has been LB enough that it can take all of that experience.

It's basically a push/pull of one method requiring you to constantly LB your level 1s but taking advantage of the bonus XP going up and up, and another which only lets you get bonus experience for level 10s but probably saves you cards spent LBing constantly.

Once you reached level 10, you can still automatically limit break and level with bonus xp at the same time by using the same card type. Just make sure you have plenty of duplicates ready and you won't have to do lots of solo limit break before you level.
Of course that gets more troublesome once you need 3+ cards for the level cap.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
2x 10 rolls, & 7 tickets. All I got was lots of the slutty underaged rin ce, and some 3* servants.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Randomzx posted:

Once you reached level 10, you can still automatically limit break and level with bonus xp at the same time by using the same card type. Just make sure you have plenty of duplicates ready and you won't have to do lots of solo limit break before you level.
Of course that gets more troublesome once you need 3+ cards for the level cap.
I want to say I tested this with a level 11 1* CE that I fed into a level 1 of the same kind, and though it was LB afterwards the result was that it was level 10 instead. In other words it lost some XP.

tokomon
Aug 23, 2007

:3: SCALE ITCH :3:

On my main account I got Euryale, Hektor, and David. Nothing to write home about, but I can swing another 10 roll after clearing a couple spot of Okeanos so okay, cool.
Then, on the side account I started with the idea of spending absofuckinglutely nothing on ... I pull Jeanne.
Well.
Okay, then.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

I pulled once and got Drake, can't complain.

Is George worth dropping a grail on? I'm not real sure who benefits from those the most.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I rolled a 10 pull, it takes forever to get 30 quartz despite beating two singularities plus extra.

I got Anne Mary, 3 Hecktors, Code Cast, and another Divine Banquet. Sure?

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

Are any of the new three star servants going into the friend summon pile or are they gonna be just for story summon/events?

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Threw a few tickets at the gacha and got Limited/Zero Over and Another Ending.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

I pulled once and got Drake, can't complain.

Is George worth dropping a grail on? I'm not real sure who benefits from those the most.

Grail for love. Not for stats.

Gloomy Rube posted:

Are any of the new three star servants going into the friend summon pile or are they gonna be just for story summon/events?

All of them were already added to the FP gacha upon the Okeanos update.

The Story unlock for Okeanos is Medea Lily.

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

I wanted to save up my quartz but the lure of Drake was too strong. Used 120 Quartz and the only things i got was Atalante, Imaginary Around and two Victor of the Moons all in the last multi pull. I have too many archers now between Orion, Atalante and Euryale.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Pureauthor posted:

Grail for love. Not for stats.

George is a good friend who wants to take pictures with you, so yes, grail George

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Grailing benefits any non-5 star since they gain the most from the higher level cap, so that's reasonable. Though ultimately it's reasonable gameplay wise to grail most anything up to 90 for stat gain, beyond that is pretty much character love. I have some guy on my JP friend list with a level 100 proto-Cu lol.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Nate RFB posted:

I just shovel all the CEs into the 5 stars I actually use. Is that the wrong way to go about this?

taser rates posted:

Grailing benefits any non-5 star since they gain the most from the higher level cap, so that's reasonable. Though ultimately it's reasonable gameplay wise to grail most anything up to 90 for stat gain, beyond that is pretty much character love. I have some guy on my JP friend list with a level 100 proto-Cu lol.

The idea behind grailing to 100 is to be useful on the friend list.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Yo ho ho and a bottle of brass monkey
When I roll that quartz I sure get.... fuckin nothin

Ok, I got Euyrale, David, and Emiya but I guess the pirate life is not for me.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
72k FP and not a single Okeanos 3 star :negative:

Randomzx
Jul 26, 2007

Nate RFB posted:

I want to say I tested this with a level 11 1* CE that I fed into a level 1 of the same kind, and though it was LB afterwards the result was that it was level 10 instead. In other words it lost some XP.

That shouldn't have happened. I got all my level 20 CEs by using the method of reverse feeding. I did the LB+bonusXpLeveling plenty of times without it failing (considering how much feeding you have to do to reach level 20) so I know it works.

Are you sure you actually used a duplicate?

Randomzx fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Sep 28, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

10 roll gets me Bonny and Reed and a couple of the new CEs. Pretty good