Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Jimmy Carter posted:

fyi: if you break your phone/watch/ipad and have AppleCare+ you can call them up and say the magic words "I want an express service replacement" they'll overnight you a new device for the same cost as you getting it fixed, and you just send back the old one when you get it.

:eyepop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Kenny Logins posted:

this is the s6 one but they're all basically the same and same price

https://www.amazon.ca/Protector-JETech-Premium-Tempered-Samsung/dp/B00V5WQL82

it comes with 2 screens hence why I say $5

that looks pretty neat

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

cinci zoo sniper posted:

that looks pretty neat
it's a pain in the rear end to get on properly but it feels really nice and at least seems protective

good for the price. I also got AppleCare+ for the first time for the 8 what with the infant child and all

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Please update the iPhone Steve Edition. Thanks

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Kenny Logins posted:

this is the s6 one but they're all basically the same and same price

https://www.amazon.ca/Protector-JETech-Premium-Tempered-Samsung/dp/B00V5WQL82

it comes with 2 screens hence why I say $5

I have a similar one for my 950 and its very nice. just line everything up carefully as described and clean the screen w/ the provided stuff

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Please update the iPhone Steve Edition. Thanks

deprecated along w/ steve

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

AirPods have been in extremely short supply since they became available for purchase, with a typical wait time of six weeks from order to delivery. Only in August did stock begin steadily improving, with shipping estimates dropping to four weeks and then two to three weeks. Earlier this month, estimates improved to one to two weeks, before hitting three to five business days today.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

A new report from KGI rebuts some of the industry pessimism around the launch of the iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus. Although it is true that lines were shorter than the usual blockbuster iPhone release, KGI says that opening weekend sales were about half that of last year’s.

Given that many early adopters are waiting for the iPhone X, 50% sales volume is inline with expectations. KGI says they are seeing stable demand from carrier sales.

Whilst sales at Apple Stores are lower, this is to be expected as the demographic of people willing to queue up for a phone on launch day is heavily skewed towards the people who want the latest and greatest hardware, and are therefore waiting it out for the iPhone X.

Carrier sales give a more balanced look at the average customer, rather than hardcore Apple fan, so ‘stable demand’ at carriers is encouraging.

Interestingly, KGI says that the 8 Plus has been more popular than usual this year, with the 5.5-inch model accounting for more than half of initial iPhone 8 sales.

It is possible the skew towards iPhone 8 Plus corrects itself as time goes on and the average customer upgrades to the cheapest new iPhone, the 4.7-inch iPhone 8.

Going forward, KGI’s Ming-Chi Kuo expects iPhone X sales to roughly equal the combined unit shipments of iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus.

Assuming that realises itself when the iPhone X goes on sale in early November, investors will be pleased to see unit numbers inline with last year but with average-selling-price at Apple’s highest-ever levels for iPhone.

Apple stock (AAPL) has already recovered a few percentage points this week, as investors adjust their perspectives from (what KGI called) an ‘excessively negative’ outlook.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

jfc, the queue on x is going to be insane if this fulfills even partially

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

time to preorder as many iPhone Xtremes as you can afford and flip them for 2x the price 🤑

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

The Management posted:

I've already paid for crashplan so I'm backing up to that even though it's going away soonish and it's taking for loving ever. I don't know what they did but they clearly don't give a poo poo about my data.

you're not going to take advantage of the 12 months of 75% off Crashplan Small Business? i'm now paying even less than i was before they announced the transition

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

whether you get the big top bar in your inbox is literally a coinflip

go to inbox, big bar. back out to mailboxes, tap on inbox, little bar. back out again, tap inbox: big bar's back.

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005
that's not how coins work...

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

pretend its a special kind of coin that never lands on the same side twice in a row

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

THC posted:

go to inbox, big bar. back out to mailboxes, tap on inbox, little bar. back out again, tap inbox: big bar's back.

if you scroll down a little it turns from the first screenshot to the second one.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Shaggar posted:

I have a similar one for my 950 and its very nice. just line everything up carefully as described and clean the screen w/ the provided stuff

protip: get 3 strips of clear tape, place the protector over the screen how you want(turn the screen on to make sure), then tape the protector down on one of the long sides like hinges on a door. this way you can just flop the screen down in the right place after removing the backing film and you don't have to do any manual alignment or whatever. some kits come with stickers to do this, some don't. also use a piece of tape to remove dust or prints before you flop the screen down

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

all data is temporary

just let it go

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

duckfarts posted:

protip: get 3 strips of clear tape, place the protector over the screen how you want(turn the screen on to make sure), then tape the protector down on one of the long sides like hinges on a door. this way you can just flop the screen down in the right place after removing the backing film and you don't have to do any manual alignment or whatever. some kits come with stickers to do this, some don't. also use a piece of tape to remove dust or prints before you flop the screen down

the kit I got came w/ the stickers, a sticky dust remover, an alcohol wipe, and a lint free wipe. it was like $2/protector and good.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Touch ID doesn't work for me about 30% of the time since updating to ios11, cool

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

touch id is deprecated, be glad it works at all

also, remember when iphone's screen would turn on when plugging in the headphones? i wonder what happened, it can't possible be that apple introduced revolutionary wireless ear dongles and turned the feauture off to differentiate, can it?

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
touch id improving to 70% accuracy would be a dramatic improvement

it's always been bad, you're just now noticing

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

touch id is cool and good, you're holding it wrong

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.

THC posted:

Lol at your poverty carrier and political party

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

how do u think i afford all these great products from apple!

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

more like pubic mobile, op

Mr SuperAwesome
Apr 6, 2011

im from the bad post police, and i'm afraid i have bad news

Boiled Water posted:

touch id is cool and good, you're holding it wrong

its hosed for me, it either a) doens't work or b) doesn't work without wiping my fingers + the sensor first

ive reprogrammed it 100000000 times

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

wipe your fingers

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
i will probably be getting an ipad pro to replace my aging mba and gen 3 ipad

that's my apple story, namaste

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

i will probably be getting an ipad pro to replace my aging mba and gen 3 ipad

that's my apple story, namaste

does your wife know you're replacing her with a computer

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

cinci zoo sniper posted:

does your wife know you're replacing her with a computer

if i had a wife she'd have a seizure at the amount of money i spend on bikes and biking

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

touch id continues to work perfectly for me

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

butt id

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

if i had a wife she'd have a seizure at the amount of money i spend on bikes and biking

ill probably get a bike for commuting when i move somewhere better

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

does your... does your bike have a dick instead of a seat 😂 like in sunny in Philadelphia 😂

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
man that was a great ep

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

does your... does your bike have a dick instead of a seat 😂 like in sunny in Philadelphia 😂

i thought it was "do you have a pussy in that thing?"

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

[quote="“cinci zoo sniper”" post="“476848327”"]
ill probably get a bike for commuting when i move somewhere better
[/quote]

Leaving Latvia

actually since I assume you touch computers why haven't you left already for somewhere nicer like Greece ?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Boiled Water posted:

Leaving Latvia

actually since I assume you touch computers why haven't you left already for somewhere nicer like Greece ?

im somewhat vaguely touching computers (finishing masters in physics while working as credit risk analyst). don't want to blow off to some random place before i get my degree done and see what's and how with my further study aspirations

to address greece specifically, working in non-customer service finance in latvia i make good enough money to better off than most greeks are. besides, i'm very picky about the places i would like to live in europe (greater scandinavia, benelux (more like bene), germany, austria, switzerland, maybe northern italy).

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Boiled Water posted:

Leaving Latvia

there's no computers in Greece. they are an olive oil and yogurt-based economy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maximum Leader
Dec 5, 2014

The Management posted:

there's no computers in Greece. they are an olive oil and yogurt-based economy.

yes but also tourism

• Locked thread