Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Standard scoring, non-ppr.

Pick ONE

CJ Anderson vs OAK
Jordan Howard @ GB
Chris Carson vs IND

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

RCarr posted:

Pick ONE

CJ Anderson vs OAK
Jordan Howard @ GB
Chris Carson vs IND

Anderson is the safe play. Howard has lower floor and higher ceiling and could be limited by a potential shootout game. Carson vs Indy with Seattle's line is not ideal.

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

Suave Fedora posted:

Cohen.

Which QB? 4 pTD.

Watson vs TEN
Jameis vs NYG

Watson

RCarr posted:

Pick ONE

CJ Anderson vs OAK
Jordan Howard @ GB
Chris Carson vs IND

Howard if nothing is wrong with his shoulder again, which I didn't believe him last week when he said it was fine and benched him :(

Do I hold on to the Steelers defense @ Ravens or swap them for Bengals @ Browns ?

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Varg posted:

Watson

Howard if nothing is wrong with his shoulder again, which I didn't believe him last week when he said it was fine and benched him :(

Do I hold on to the Steelers defense @ Ravens or swap them for Bengals @ Browns ?

Pitt is a decent choice this week, but Cinci is projected as gathering the most INTs and 2nd most SACKs out of all games this week based on their matchup with Cleveland's O-line. Yea, go for it.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

pubic works project posted:

League 1. 6 pt TDs. bonus point at 300 yards. Pick the QB.

Rivers vs. Eagles
Mariota @ Texans

League 2. 1 PPR. bonus point at 100 yard rushing/receiving. Pick 2 RBs and a flex. Bold are starters

Monty vs. Bears
Howard @ Packers
Dez vs. Rams

Ingram vs. Dolphins (in London)
Martavis @ Ravens
Parker vs. Saints (in London)
Mixon @ Browns
Smallwood @ Chargers

Bump

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Rivers

Wouldn't change anything on 2nd.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
Really tempted to find a way to shoehorn Davante Parker vs NO into my line up this week, would you sit any of these dudes for him in 0.5 ppr?

Demaryius Thomas v OAK
Deandre Hopkins v TEN
Larry Fitzgerald v SF

Feels like all these guys are equally likely to score 5 pts or 40 pts.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Mikey Purp posted:

Really tempted to find a way to shoehorn Davante Parker vs NO into my line up this week, would you sit any of these dudes for him in 0.5 ppr?

Demaryius Thomas v OAK
Deandre Hopkins v TEN
Larry Fitzgerald v SF

Maybe sit Thomas for Parker? Maybe? Flip a coin?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Cousins @KC or Carr @Den?

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Mikey Purp posted:

Demaryius Thomas v OAK
Deandre Hopkins v TEN
Larry Fitzgerald v SF

No

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Cousins @KC or Carr @Den?

Cousins

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

2 WRs, 1 RB, 2 Flex. 1PPR:

Murray
Dalvin Cook
Blount
Jamaal Charles

Jordy
DeAndre
Golden
Crowder
Snead

I guess the only question is whether I sit Murray thinking he might perform like the first two games, or start him thinking he'll perform like his last game (though it still would have been pretty mediocre if it weren't for that 75 yard TD run). And whether I sit Crowder or Golden for him.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

scrubs season six posted:

2 WRs, 1 RB, 2 Flex. 1PPR:

Murray
Dalvin Cook
Blount
Jamaal Charles

Jordy
DeAndre
Golden
Crowder
Snead

I guess the only question is whether I sit Murray thinking he might perform like the first two games, or start him thinking he'll perform like his last game (though it still would have been pretty mediocre if it weren't for that 75 yard TD run). And whether I sit Crowder or Golden for him.

Definitely sit Chowder for him.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt
.5 PPR

Need 1 flex

Thielen vs Det
Cohen vs GB

Fantasy Pros says play Thielen but it's hard leaving Cohen on the bench...

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Alfalfa posted:

.5 PPR

Need 1 flex

Thielen vs Det
Cohen vs GB

Cohen

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

You think? What about KC shutting down folks like Brady and Rivers while Denver is the 11th highest opponent for points allowed to QBs?

Alfalfa posted:

.5 PPR

Need 1 flex

Thielen vs Det
Cohen vs GB

Case Keenum is still Case Keenum. I would go with Cohen.

Cotton Candidasis
Aug 28, 2008

Alfalfa posted:

.5 PPR

Need 1 flex

Thielen vs Det
Cohen vs GB

I'd play Cohen.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Alfalfa posted:

Definitely sit Chowder for him.

Thanks, that's what I was planning but sometimes I get too far into my own head...

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

You think? What about KC shutting down folks like Brady and Rivers while Denver is the 11th highest opponent for points allowed to QBs?

Case Keenum is still Case Keenum. I would go with Cohen.

It's close but I think the Redskins have a better offense than Oakland and will be trying to keep up with KC's offense. I don't think Oakland has any running game and Carr will get sacked a lot.

Also 4for4 has Cousins by about 10 spots.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Yeah I'm avoiding my raiders players this week (Carr and Crabs)

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Good points all around. Would you guys drop Carr at this point in a 1QB league? Currently I'm holding him and Cousins. The waiver wire is pretty picked over.

FakePoet
Feb 6, 2006

Woo. Pig. Sooie.

Hot Rope Guy
T. Cohen
C. Hogan
P. Garcon

Pick one for flex; I honestly feel pretty comfortable with any of them, but I have Hogan in currently. Still a bit leery on the whole Thursday Night game thing.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

FakePoet posted:

T. Cohen
C. Hogan
P. Garcon

Pick one for flex; I honestly feel pretty comfortable with any of them, but I have Hogan in currently. Still a bit leery on the whole Thursday Night game thing.

Scoring? Standard I'd go Hogan, PPR I'd go Cohen. 0.5 PPR...flip a coin?

Either way, it's not Garcon. He gets Patrick Peterson this week.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Actually Carr's sack rate isn't the issue (matching up OAK's Oline vs DEN's Dline shows only 2.17 sacks, compared to say the Chargers projecting league high 3.67 sacks vs the Eagles' Oline), it's sheer yardage. Cousins is middle of the pack (proj 247 paYRD @KC), Carr is very poor (proj 198 paYRD vs DEN).

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Good points all around. Would you guys drop Carr at this point in a 1QB league? Currently I'm holding him and Cousins. The waiver wire is pretty picked over.

Cousins has a bye week 5, may as well hold until that's over.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

AnacondaHL posted:

Actually Carr's sack rate isn't the issue (matching up OAK's Oline vs DEN's Dline shows only 2.17 sacks, compared to say the Chargers projecting league high 3.67 sacks vs the Eagles' Oline), it's sheer yardage. Cousins is middle of the pack (proj 247 paYRD @KC), Carr is very poor (proj 198 paYRD vs DEN).

Cousins has a bye week 5, may as well hold until that's over.

Yeah I didn't mean that Carr has been getting sacked. I think he will get sacked/pressured. I expect the Raiders to play from behind against Denver(similar to Dallas) and that will let Von Miller have better jumps off the ball. Against the Cowboys, I think Miller had 3 offsides penalties because he just stopped caring. He knew the cowboys had to throw the ball and giving up 5 yards was worth just going after Dak every play. I think the same thing will happen against the Raiders, except worse.

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Ehhhh, I'm only holding onto 1 QB in my league where I have Rodgers, because I know I can just take Glennon at my convenience before he plays NO on GB's bye. I would hang onto Carr as "poo poo happens" insurance and just roll with Cousins unless the Raiders really unfuck themselves.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

The Raiders had 1 bad game. Carr had like 19 and 22 points in the first 2 weeks. He/they will be fine. (Not this week though)

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger

Gobias Ind. posted:

The Raiders had 1 bad game. Carr had like 19 and 22 points in the first 2 weeks. He/they will be fine. (Not this week though)
I mostly agree with you, but Cooper is like in the 50's among WRs and Crabtree's status still ain't confirmed. I'm just advising caution.

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY
Just for this week, in 1PPR-

Amari Cooper @ DEN
Taylor Gabriel vs BUF

Amari has been underwhelming this year, and it is Denver, and Julio has a chest injury...

Kinfolk Jones
Oct 31, 2010

Faaaaaaaaast
Week 4 - ESPN 0.5 PPR

Need to pick a WR2 and Flex. Current Picks are bolded.

K. Allen vs Phi
M. Gordon vs Phi

D. Hopkins vs Ten
S Diggs vs Det
J Mixon @ Cle

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Kinfolk Jones posted:

Week 4 - ESPN 0.5 PPR

Need to pick a WR2 and Flex. Current Picks are bolded.

K. Allen vs Phi
M. Gordon vs Phi

D. Hopkins vs Ten
S Diggs vs Det
J Mixon @ Cle

Diggs and Hopkins

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Help guys. I'm terrified of sitting Chris Thompson again. Especially against the Chiefs since I have this feeling that Cousins is going to dump it off a lot with covered wide receivers.

I also think New England's defense is better against the run than their numbers which are heavily skewed by Kareem loving Hunt.

.5 PPR

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

kiimo posted:

Help guys. I'm terrified of sitting Chris Thompson again. Especially against the Chiefs since I have this feeling that Cousins is going to dump it off a lot with covered wide receivers.

I also think New England's defense is better against the run than their numbers which are heavily skewed by Kareem loving Hunt.

.5 PPR

Stick with what you've got. Except I'd still start Rudolph. Chasing those Lewis points seems ill advised.

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

Hey folks,
I'm in a standard scoring, 0PPR.

I think I've narrowed down my last RB spot to Cohen or Javorius Allen. Which do you think I should go with?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

DeadMansSuspenders posted:

Hey folks,
I'm in a standard scoring, 0PPR.

I think I've narrowed down my last RB spot to Cohen or Javorius Allen. Which do you think I should go with?

Cohen

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants
Can't decide who to start at QB this week in my dynasty league:

Dak vs LAR
Palmer vs SFO

Both could really go off but both could be trap games.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Some thoughts you guys might find interesting from Spoeank and myself. We've covered a lot of what you guys have discussed.

He likes Cohen. I personally have some concerns.

He likes &e. I think he's nuts.

I even have some defensive stream options!

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Epi Lepi posted:

Can't decide who to start at QB this week in my dynasty league:

Dak vs LAR
Palmer vs SFO

Both could really go off but both could be trap games.

Palmer. Dak has a running game. Palmer does not.

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

Who else see da leprechaun say yaaaa!
1ppr.

Pick 3

Jeffrey @ LAC
Mixon @ Cle
Thielen vs Det
Hogan vs Car
B.Allen vs Pitt

FakePoet
Feb 6, 2006

Woo. Pig. Sooie.

Hot Rope Guy

Gobias Ind. posted:

Scoring? Standard I'd go Hogan, PPR I'd go Cohen. 0.5 PPR...flip a coin?

Either way, it's not Garcon. He gets Patrick Peterson this week.

It's .5. And agreed on Garcon, I threw him in because I think I undervalue him in the general sense.

Thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
.5 PPR pick a WR and flex

Davante Adams
Mark Ingram
Erick Decker
Kenny Stills

• Locked thread