Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Guy Goodbody posted:

but goddamnit he gets the job doen and always save the patient when nobody else could

law and order during sam waterson is like that but moreso as far as predictable procedurals go, maybe not in terms of character, but its lots of charismatic people doing the right thing but you kinda have to step back and be like 'hey this is a pretty conservative worldview this show has'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

I'm several Millennia late on this, but I just realized that if both sides are equally wrong but the truth is in the middle doesn't that mean that the truth is like twice as wrong or something or is it supposed to be like two wrongs make a right? Thanks, I'll hang up and listen.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
literally america

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Reality Winner posted:

they'll keep doing it until everyone kinda forgets about it because something else is going on

remember the congressional dem's sit-in on gun control after the pulse shooting? there was the police shooting in dallas and everyone kinda forgot about it.

Yes, I remember the time the Democrats argued that people on the no-fly list shouldn't have constitutional rights.

I remember that well.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Drunkboxer posted:

what about catlicks?

http://www.pewforum.org/2010/09/28/u-s-religious-knowledge-survey/

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
mods change my name to bungleshit dumpsterass

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Why is Rick n morty alt-right adjacent

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

the bitcoin of weed posted:

lots of people still think walter white was heroic

a persons opinion about Skylar White tells you a lot about that person.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

roy cohn looks like a cutrate kevin o leary

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Louisgod posted:

mods change my name to bungleshit dumpsterass

are you not a mod anymore??

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Lastgirl posted:

I think Hiro Protagonist of Snow Crash is actually an antagonist [1/45]

well he did stop an eskimo with a shitknife from nuking the planet so

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
my favorite thing about rick is the way his pubes have the same cut as the hair on his head, which is just a brilliant callback

sometimes he calls me morty when im buried face first in his rear end but i think he knows hes doing it just to annoy me because im definitely more a rick than a morty and he knows that im proud about that

i love him but its tiring sometimes because sometimes my own rear end just feels like a card swipe machine where he comes in and then comes in and then he moves on to a science experiment and i get that experiments are important to him but its demeaning

why wont he experiment with me, in bed

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Reality Winner posted:

they'll keep doing it until everyone kinda forgets about it because something else is going on

remember the congressional dem's sit-in on gun control after the pulse shooting? there was the police shooting in dallas and everyone kinda forgot about it.

america's impulsive consumerist attention span sucks

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Phi230 posted:

I don't know, why is Rick and Morty alt-right adjacent?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Reality Winner posted:

literally america

checksandbalances.gif

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

https://twitter.com/JordynPhelps/status/913478453630001152

christ what an rear end in a top hat

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

lol they didn't even plan for the thing they actually care about

just

lllllllooooooooollllllll

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Addamere posted:

are you not a mod anymore??

do you loving see a blue checkmark

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

they want to get it done before the end of the year because it will be retroactive and like every business is just delaying all their quarterly taxes, holding out hope that they'll get a massive windfall that will be reinvested into jobs and wages distributed as dividends and bonuses

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

how many Dems do you think are gonna vote for it?

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Guy Goodbody posted:

I don't know, why is Rick and Morty alt-right adjacent?

I'm asking u

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

Phi230 posted:

I'm asking u

third base

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

literally what we've always said that the GOP doesn't give a gently caress how offensive Trump is as long as they get paid

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

imagine reading a baloogan post

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

white sauce posted:

15-20 in the house, ~3 in the senate, depending on what it actually is.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Alan Smithee posted:

well he did stop an eskimo with a shitknife from nuking the planet so

nice aluit erasure, shitass

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

white sauce posted:

enough that it passes becasue democrats are moderate fuckers

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

white sauce posted:

10 in the house, probably 3 in the senate.

it's gonna pass

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

zegermans posted:

literally what we've always said that the GOP doesn't give a gently caress how offensive Trump is as long as they get paid

Gary Cohn is a democrat :ssh:

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Phi230 posted:

I'm asking u

That's what I wanna know!

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Drunkboxer posted:

nice aluit erasure, shitass

jk they're already erased by genocide lol

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin

Phi230 posted:

angry white male nerds on the internet who think they are superior to everyone else

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

sloppo posted:

angry white male nerds on the internet who think they are superior to everyone else

angry white male nerds on the internet who think they are superior to everyone else who?

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

:nallears:

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

sloppo posted:

Is that really it bc that's pretty boring

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Guy Goodbody posted:

but goddamnit he gets the job doen and always save the patient when nobody else could
drat, that's what I forgot to do with my story about a racist sexist drug addict with no apparent morals. Instead I had him be a bumbling retard who can barely spit out a coherent sentence and destroys anything he touches.

At the end he was elected President.

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Lmao

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
yer hosed harry

https://twitter.com/KellyO/status/913476923849920518

go ahead and tax 401ks upfront next. just gently caress me super loving hard

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Louisgod posted:

enough that it passes becasue democrats are moderate fuckers

gotta keep up decorum instead of being obstructionist for no good reason

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Aren't we already using the US Military to provide rescues and supply dropoffs, though, with plans to do more? This is from 2 days ago.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/26/politics/us-military-response-puerto-rico-hurricane-maria/index.html

quote:

The Navy hospital ship is just one part of the military's humanitarian assistance effort -- deploying assets to both Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands after the storm decimated critical infrastructure in the region.

The USS Kearsarge Amphibious Ready Group has already been conducting rescue operations in the region, including eight medical evacuations and 148 airlifts, and delivered 44,177 pounds of relief supplies and cargo to Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands since Maria struck, according to the Pentagon.

The US Air Force is also sending additional aircraft to Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands to ramp up the volume of daily relief missions.

Speaking on Capitol Hill Tuesday, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs Gen. Joseph Dunford said the priority is making sure airfields can operate.

"The responsibility is primarily DHS, but at this point we're not trapped in bureaucratic niceties, what we're trying to do is make sure that we get the people of Puerto Rico the support they need when they need it," he said.

In addition to deploying the USNS Comfort for additional medical assistance, the Defense Department is supporting FEMA's immediate priorities for Puerto Rico including: debris and route clearance of critical transportation routes; re-opening air and sea ports; re-establishing utilities, and implementation of a commodities distribution plan.

"Northern Command continues to conduct 24-hour operations, aggressively conducting search and rescue operations, bringing additional essential commodities to the islands, and restoring power at hospitals, ports, airports and other critical facilities," according to the service.

quote:

The US military is sending a variety of additional aircraft vehicles to assist with ongoing missions aimed to deliver critical supplies and capabilities to Puerto Rico:

One C-17 Globemaster with the remaining Contingency Response Element to establish airport operations. This unit includes more than 50 personnel.

One C-17 and one C-5 with the Mobile Emergency Response Support unit to provide mobile telecommunications, life support, logistics, operational support and power generation.

One C-17 with the 3rd Expeditionary Sustainment Command from Fort Bragg, North Carolina. This unit includes approximately 20 personnel with tactical trucks and utility trailers to provide site assessments.

One C-17 with the 63d Signal Battalion from Fort Stewart, Georgia. This unit includes approximately 15 personnel, tactical trucks and utility trailers to provide satellite ground communications capabilities.

Two C-5s with the 101st Combat Aviation Brigade from Fort Campbell, Kentucky, to provide tactical airlift with eight helicopters.

Two C-130s with the FAA's Incident Staging Base Cache from Dobbins Air Reserve Base, Georgia. This unit includes approximately 50 personnel and four heavy duty trucks and equipment.

• Locked thread