Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The MSJ
May 17, 2010

BarronsArtGallery posted:

Well hopefully the lightsaber cuts through that stupid electric arc, through the handle, and loving vivisects the guy..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyAarvcWJPY&t=144s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Grendels Dad posted:

This kinda looks like Tilda Swinton's Ancient One from Doctor Strange. Except for the head, obviously.

It's set six months after she died.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

The MSJ posted:

George Lucas actually vetoed against the existence of lightsaber resistant material.

Well hopefully the lightsaber cuts through that stupid electric arc, through the handle, and loving vivisects the guy..

Again, I'm left to wonder if people haven't seen Revenge of the Sith, where this technology existed, several decades before the new trilogy.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Electrostaff

thrawn527 fucked around with this message at 13:51 on Sep 28, 2017

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

sassassin posted:

It's set six months after she died.

I guess the belt-looking thing is to chain her to a wall, then.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.
magna guards are wayyy cooler though

Serf
May 5, 2011

I always liked these guys. Why do they get clothes and the other droids don't?

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Serf posted:

I always liked these guys. Why do they get clothes and the other droids don't?

Well they work for Grievous, so they're probably treated more like people than they would be under a human general.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Let's not go backwards and fall into the discussion pit of Droids: Human or Robot?

Serf
May 5, 2011

tadashi posted:

Let's not go backwards and fall into the discussion pit of Droids: Human or Robot?

Well, they're not human, but they are people.

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

tadashi posted:

"Hey, now, let's not do the thing that I am intentionally inciting by my asking people not to do it"

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Basebf555 posted:

Well they work for Grievous, so they're probably treated more like people than they would be under a human general.

There's not really any indication that Grievous doesn't mistreat droids.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

Bongo Bill posted:

There's not really any indication that Grievous doesn't mistreat droids.

Oh I'm sure he does, that wasn't really my point. But giving them cloaks indicates that he thinks of them as more than just machines. Doesn't mean he wouldn't also mistreat them just as humans mistreat other humans.

Preston Waters
May 21, 2010

by VideoGames

thrawn527 posted:

Again, I'm left to wonder if people haven't seen Revenge of the Sith, where this technology existed, several decades before the new trilogy.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Electrostaff

The Disney acquisition of star wars will be justified once they declare the prequels aren't canon. It's going to happen at some point. We might have to wait for Lucas to die first though.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The Disney acquisition of star wars will be justified once they declare the prequels aren't canon. It's going to happen at some point. We might have to wait for Lucas to die first though.

If they are going to uncannon them, why are they still making new things with them? Why would their inclusion be the selling point for games? No, your rebel friends are walking into a trap for this fully armed and operational cannon.

Preston Waters
May 21, 2010

by VideoGames
The prequels never existed. Just like this "Indy 4" that people have somehow manifested as some form of collective delusion.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

The MSJ posted:

Her fancy new toy has blinded her to the power of The Force.

edit: Speaking of toy, this is apparently Snoke.

He's still a less threatening Grandfather than Palpatine

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

The prequels never existed. Just like this "Indy 4" that people have somehow manifested as some form of collective delusion.

If the prequels never existed, how could people use denying their existence as a shibboleth?

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

imagine giving enough fucks that movies even exist that you create your own alternate reality where you pretend they don't

i'm not that fond of the adam sandler film big daddy so i'm going to just imagine it somehow manifested as some form of collective delusion

anywho nu-battlefront 2 looks dope

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

edit: gently caress, wrong thread.

thrawn527 fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Sep 28, 2017

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

edit: gently caress, wrong thread.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Weird, need to check if they vanished from my Blueray collection.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Grendels Dad posted:

Weird, need to check if they vanished from my Blueray collection.

Its Bluray waitaminut-, blueray, blue rey, REY HAS BEEN A FORCE GHOST THE WHOLE TIME

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
Whenever I do a Star Wars or Indiana Jones marathon, I include the prequels and Crystal Skull and not even out of some completionist tendencies, I enjoy those movies a lot. Not as much as the originals, but I still find them worthy of being included in their series. I'm one of the few people you'll find who is legit excited for another Indy movie.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Basebf555 posted:

Whenever I do a Star Wars or Indiana Jones marathon, I include the prequels and Crystal Skull and not even out of some completionist tendencies, I enjoy those movies a lot. Not as much as the originals, but I still find them worthy of being included in their series. I'm one of the few people you'll find who is legit excited for another Indy movie.

:hfive: Me too.

Preston Waters
May 21, 2010

by VideoGames

josh04 posted:

If the prequels never existed, how could people use denying their existence as a shibboleth?

because if the prequels existed then Star Wars would be lovely and bad forever.

it's on the level of what was known as the EU. Most of the EU was poo poo so all those stories never existed in the movies.

Preston Waters
May 21, 2010

by VideoGames

Waffles Inc. posted:

imagine giving enough fucks that movies even exist that you create your own alternate reality where you pretend they don't

i'm not that fond of the adam sandler film big daddy so i'm going to just imagine it somehow manifested as some form of collective delusion

anywho nu-battlefront 2 looks dope

Obi-wan talking about the clone wars and Anakin Skywalker in ANH confirms that the prequel movies do not exist in that story, at least not the way they were presented 20 years later.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
I honestly can't tell if those posts are serious.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

because if the prequels existed then Star Wars would be lovely and bad forever.

it's on the level of what was known as the EU. Most of the EU was poo poo so all those stories never existed in the movies.

As SMG used to say, Star Wars fans do not like Star Wars.

Preston Waters
May 21, 2010

by VideoGames

josh04 posted:

As SMG used to say, Star Wars fans do not like Star Wars.

what ever happened to that guy? did he finally spin off of this planet?

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Basebf555 posted:

hell, same

Basebf555 posted:

I honestly can't tell if those posts are serious.

probably are. pretty few posts in this thread already, BarronsArtGallery is likely ~5 posts from erupting into incredulity that some people like the prequels; we're all waiting with bated breath

Preston Waters
May 21, 2010

by VideoGames
Hentai and furries exist because some people like them. Doesn't mean they're good or even tolerable.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Hentai and furries exist because some people like them. Doesn't mean they're good or even tolerable.

Look at this guy, he did the From 0 To Full rear end in a top hat-Run in under five parsecs!

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

what ever happened to that guy? did he finally spin off of this planet?

Oh he posted right here in this thread like a week ago. He just hasn't said "Star Wars fans don't like Star Wars" in a while and it's a good point, worth repeating. Saying the prequels don't exist is, objectively, disliking at least 3/8 of the Star Wars movies which actually exist.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

Obi-wan talking about the clone wars and Anakin Skywalker in ANH confirms that the prequel movies do not exist in that story, at least not the way they were presented 20 years later.

What the blumpkin does this even mean?

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

It's a curious logic loop whereby George Lucas's acted-on plan for the prequels is claimed to be illegitimate by appeal to the authority of George Luca's true plan for the prequels, as divined from literal readings of two Kenobi lines in A New Hope which are diegetically lies.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Obi-wan never told you the truth about the clone wars and Anakin Skywalker.

Schwarzwald fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Sep 29, 2017

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
now that i actually stop to think about it, did obi-wan really give luke the lightsaber he took off of anakin's smoldering torso? i can understand him keeping it as a symbol of his failure or regret or whatever, but nonchalantly handing it off seems pretty hosed up

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

now that i actually stop to think about it, did obi-wan really give luke the lightsaber he took off of anakin's smoldering torso? i can understand him keeping it as a symbol of his failure or regret or whatever, but nonchalantly handing it off seems pretty hosed up

He wants Luke to become the man he wanted Luke's father to be, to carry on the job Anakin was supposed to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Zoran posted:

He wants Luke to become the man he wanted Luke's father to be, to carry on the job Anakin was supposed to do.

Also to assassinate the Emperor and his abominable minion.

• Locked thread