Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Manifisto

okay, outstanding fall sig requests are mostly taken care of, although DragQueenofAngmar could use a hand from someone with drawing talent

for my own reference and anyone else who is interested in drawing halloween avs, I'm gonna try to list people who have requested a spooky avatar. I am going to focus on requests that came from this thread. you should of course register in the Halloween Costume Parade Thread if you want to take advantage of FluffieDuckie's generous offer to revert your avatar after halloween, but posting in that thread is not the same as requesting that someone make you an avatar! maybe you plan to do your own avatar, etc.

so here goes--these people have made a request itt (fulfilled or retracted requests are crossed out):

• Lizard Wizard
  • Barking Gecko
  • vanisher
  • Starman Super DX (working on something of their own)
  • VideoGames
  • POOL IS CLOSED I guess I'm not certain here? you requested an av and someone made it for you . . . is that what you wanted as a halloween av?
  • mister magpie
  • Business Gorillas (at least one option in progress)
  • EmmyOK
  • WindmillSlayer just needs someone to buy their cool new avatar for them!!
  • Manifisto (I am officially making the request here in this post!!)
  • Macnult
  • Pomp (I . . . think? specific request)
  • Fredflonston (in progress)
  • drilldo squirt (in progress)
  • albany academy
  • Olive! (has self-spookified)
  • City of Glompton looks great in last year's costume

here are costumeparaders that posted in fluffie's thread but have not (yet) posted in this thread--are you requesting an av? let us know!

• ScrubLeague
  • mailorder bees!
  • treasure bear
  • lmbo calrissian (although I think you said you can't/don't wish to participate)
  • alnilam
  • rear end

so yeah, if you have not made a request in this thread . . . or if you have and I just missed you . . . or you haven't made any requests yet but you would like a halloween av . . . it's a good time to speak up! and also let us know whether there is anything in particular you have in mind or think might be cool.

and anyone who is interested in making an av for someone else is encouraged to do so!

(I will make at least some effort to keep this post up to date, but no promises!)

Manifisto fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Oct 9, 2017

ty nesamdoom!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manifisto

I'm gonna start working on Barking Gecko. I say that not to discourage anyone from working on any avatar they feel like, I just thought it might be nice to reduce situations where people are inadvertently working on the same av. it's great for people to have choices, don't feel like anything is off limits, it's just that it would be nice to spread our talents out!

Macnult

Hello yes I would like a Halloween version of my avatar

WindmillSlayer

im a newbie and need a new avatar!!! HELP

Manifisto

Barking Gecko posted:

I'd like to participate in the Halloween spoopy av event, so I'd appreciate it if someone could spoopify my av. If my current av doesn't work for this, feel free to spoopify Mahoro instead.

here's an idee

alnilam

Manifisto posted:

here's an idee

lol

alnilam

I'm torn i have the classic skeleton and jason mask halloween avs but should i do something new?

alnilam

to wit

Munchables

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

Do freddy

Pomp

by Fluffdaddy
does anyone have any orange and black dios for halloween

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Pomp

by Fluffdaddy
does anyone have any orange and black dios for halloween

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

vanisher

hard to tell it's a skelle liz...

opt 2

fixed opt2

vanisher fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Sep 29, 2017

Sig images courtesy of the talented Luvcow, Dumb Sex-Parrot, & Death Sext

Robot Made of Meat

Both are excellent, but the skelly has a nicer smile, so I vote for that.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

City of Glompton

hello thread! someone (vanisher?) made me a batman av that I wanted to save for halloween but I forgot to keep a link :ohdear:

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."

Manifisto posted:

here's an idee

I like this idea.
"My bite is worse than my bark."

Manifisto

Barking Gecko posted:

I like this idea.
"My bite is worse than my bark."

yep that's the concept!

Scaly Haylie

vanisher posted:

opt 2

fixed opt2

Goodness, I like this. Could the pumpkin perhaps be an angry-looking jack-o-lantern, opening its mouth in time with the dragon's?

Putty

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
t
t
this would be a good avataer

Fredflonston

l would like a Halloweenie Avatarie please. Feel free to scrap Herbie in a ship.

(If anyone remembers an old Youtube video called Flonstons.avi or something, which is my namesake, and can mock up something like that would be dope but I don't expect anyone else to remember that bit of arcane youtoobery.)

Manifisto

okay this is a very rough concept

what do you think of the idea? I think I would need to find a better clip of the tentacles opening, would need to mask it out better, etc etc. also bring the filesize way down. I'm happy to do the work if the concept seems promising, but if you'd rather just go another direction I'm happy to try another tack--no offense taken!

I just don't want to go too far down this road in terms of time and effort if it doesn't seem worthwhile

vanisher

Haha

Thats great!

Easy mode could be just darken the background and maybe add some red eyes so when the tentacles pop up its more of a contrasting image. To reduce file size we could trim out half the dance animation.

If I was trying to implement it I might just redraw the head with the tentacles and overlay it across all the frames so it lines up.

Its good and I like the idea!!

Putty

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
i am NOT SO SURE about that one, i say take ANOTHER DIRECTION

vanisher

Even just a still frame of a woodcock with a cthulhu face would work too, animation optional, in case this project gets too involved

Manifisto

vanisher posted:

Even just a still frame of a woodcock with a cthulhu face would work too, animation optional, in case this project gets too involved

cool, I'll mess around with it.

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

okay, here's a refined version of just the squid part (in progress)

obviously can be modified--the background can be darkened, the eye could be made yellower (or whatever), and I think a certain amount of the walking can be brought in

thoughts?

ty nesamdoom!

vanisher

Manifisto posted:

okay, here's a refined version of just the squid part (in progress)

obviously can be modified--the background can be darkened, the eye could be made yellower (or whatever), and I think a certain amount of the walking can be brought in

thoughts?

Looks A++

Manifisto

cool! okay, here's the fully assembled and av-sized (including av filesize) package:

lemme know if there's anything further!

vanisher

v nice thanks Manifisto!

EmmyOk

vanisher posted:

No need for archives I appreciate the offer though!!

Just let me know if you were looking for a different effect and i'll give it a try

Oh man this looks good as hell. Exactly as imagined. I was wondering if it was possible to just have the av back in its regular colours? I think the spider and skull are amazing and really love them. I hope this doesn't make me sound like a pedantic ingrate. The BW looks really good but I think I like the idea of skelteon and spider version of my normal colour av. :shobon: and ofc if you want an av change cert or anything lmk

Thanks Pablo and Sub-Actuality for the great sigs!

Robot Made of Meat

EmmyOk posted:

Oh man this looks good as hell. Exactly as imagined. I was wondering if it was possible to just have the av back in its regular colours? I think the spider and skull are amazing and really love them. I hope this doesn't make me sound like a pedantic ingrate. The BW looks really good but I think I like the idea of skelteon and spider version of my normal colour av. :shobon: and ofc if you want an av change cert or anything lmk

The monochrome seems "mummier" to me, but what do I know?

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

EmmyOk

Don't undersell yourself. You are robot you probably have advanced mummy identification/labelling/filing sysems (there must be a shorter way of saying that) and I'm just a human. I think monochrome is mummier but I just like the idea of the lurid colours but "my face is a skeleton now and this spider lives here now RENT FREE :twisted:"

Gone Fashing

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
welcome to byob windmill slayer and congratulations saboten

Manifisto

mister magpie posted:

hello friends, if any wizards would like to make a spooky halloween av for me, i'd be super grateful

a skeleton bird would be cool, or a ghost bird. i'd like to earn that bone buds though

here's one take on a skele bird (it is actually a magpie skeleton)

the background could be anything

vanisher

EmmyOk posted:

Its an incredibly easy edit so don't sweat it at all

vanisher

EmmyOk posted:

Let me know if you'd like any changes!

EmmyOk

Holy poo poo that's amazing! Thanks a lot!

vanisher

EmmyOk posted:

Holy poo poo that's amazing! Thanks a lot!

No worries!

City of Glompton

City of Glompton posted:

hello thread! someone (vanisher?) made me a batman av that I wanted to save for halloween but I forgot to keep a link :ohdear:

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

vanisher

Did I? I don't remember if I did! Let me see if I can make a thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scaly Haylie

Lizard Wizard posted:

Goodness, I like this. Could the pumpkin perhaps be an angry-looking jack-o-lantern, opening its mouth in time with the dragon's?

Just checking again on this