Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Marogareh posted:

72k FP and not a single Okeanos 3 star :negative:

Are they even in the FP gacha yet? I thought they went in after the rate-up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
If Moon Goddess is anything to go on, I did see the new CEs (Mooncell Automation in that case) start showing up in the FP gacha right away.

Randomzx posted:

That shouldn't have happened. I got all my level 20 CEs by using the method of reverse feeding. I did the LB+bonusXpLeveling plenty of times without it failing (considering how much feeding you have to do to reach level 20) so I know it works.

Are you sure you actually used a duplicate?
It's absolutely possible I had it wrong; this was a month or so ago so my memory could be faulty. But I remember specifically going out of my to test this very question so I'd like to believe I wouldn't have gotten it wrong. I'll just test it again once I have one up past 10 again.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy
1 10 pull: Kaleido and 2 other 4* CEs and 4 archer davids :v

Saving the rest for Tamamo. At least Kintoki is getting an upgrade CE

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Kay Kessler posted:

Are they even in the FP gacha yet? I thought they went in after the rate-up.

I got David from the FP gacha, so yeah.

And absolutely noooothing from 60 Quartz.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

Marogareh posted:

72k FP and not a single Okeanos 3 star :negative:

This is why I did 1 10-roll on the quartz banner. All I wanted was 1 copy of Euryale and I got 2 so I'm satisfied. I'm saving the rest of my quartz for Scathach.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
Desire sensor is real. Did a yolo pull just because during a J Drama and got Drake.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Grailing George is great if you like George. He'll never do much damage due to his low attack stat but his NP modifier is kinda high so that'll do okayish damage and more importantly he has incredibly high HP and grailing him makes his HP stat competitive with the tankiest 4-5 stars. And he's good at tanking.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
IMO grail George so he can hang out with best buddy Sumanai and pull off Dragonslaying Combos.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

60 quartz and all i got was Another Ending

i just wanted some pirates

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

Just started playing Okeanos and already I like new friend Drake :allears:

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Pureauthor posted:

IMO grail George so he can hang out with best buddy Sumanai and pull off Dragonslaying Combos.

George and Ziggy is a really good team and fun to use

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011

Trihugger posted:

This is why I did 1 10-roll on the quartz banner. All I wanted was 1 copy of Euryale and I got 2 so I'm satisfied. I'm saving the rest of my quartz for Scathach.

The quartz ones are where I got all my silvers to NP5 so I don't even know what the point of the FP gacha is anymore aside from Angra when he's out.

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

JP account wants me to keep going, my second 10 pull gave my Altera (not the greatest, but she's still a gold servant) and Lancer Alter.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

WHAT IS THIS GAME?!?!

I don't deserve this

I just wanted Euryale...

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

120 Quartz got me a Lancelot, the new 3* servants, and a Kaleidoscope. Ouch.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy
drat, I was planning to save my remaining 90 quartz for Tamamo but Drake in english is awesome.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

yolo pulled and got Lancer Artoria. Hope shes better than summer Raikou and Enkidu.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
Not much is better than summer Raikou. Enkidu is pretty good too

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

Ibram Gaunt posted:

yolo pulled and got Lancer Artoria. Hope shes better than summer Raikou and Enkidu.

Protip: She's not.

Anyway, I don't know why myself, but I like Drake a hell of a lot more than Nero. Maybe I just like big titties.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

Didn't get much with my 90 quartz, but when I dumped my tickets got Vlad and Marie, so that's nice.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Three 10 pulls have produced two Euryales, three Hektors, a Code Cast, Another Ending, Le Chevalier d'Eon and Orion. Also a bunch of other 3-Star servants I already had at NP5 and some 3* and 4* Craft Essences.

No golden Riders, though. Rate up is a lie, gacha is bad civilization, etc.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!
Whaled 80 bucks for Drake, (She was my favorite in Extra.) and used up all my saved up quartz and tickets. I got baited by Anne/Mary's golden card not once, not twice, not thrice, not four times, but five times. Including a pull with three of them. :livintrope:

Sigh... are they worth investing in?

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

Sophism posted:

Whaled 80 bucks for Drake, (She was my favorite in Extra.) and used up all my saved up quartz and tickets. I got baited by Anne/Mary's golden card not once, not twice, not thrice, not four times, but five times. Including a pull with three of them. :livintrope:

Sigh... are they worth investing in?

yes, and also gently caress off

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

That was 11 full pulls, combining all my saved up quartz + apologems + the 140 I bought, as well as my 19 tickets.

If I don't get Drake by the time I finish Okeanos for the 30-ish quartz and get the next batch of Da Vinci tickets, I might just grail them out of respect for how persistent they were.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Enjoy your NP5 lesbian pirates.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Based on what I've heard Anne/Mary have one of the most crazily powerful NPs if you use them right (low HP boosts its power), so at NP5 they'll be insane.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
With the right setup, your NP5 lesbo buccaneers will utterly obliterate pretty much anything

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

I've got me some 130 quartz lets pull!

Pull One: David, Hector, Be Elegant, Projection, Black Grail

Pull Two: Imaginary Around, Imaginary Element, Another Ending, Buff Kirei

okay I get it stop with the CEs

Pull Three: Code Cast, Buff Kirei, Euryale

Pull Four: Antumbra, silver rider card... turns gold... Drake.

Done! Until Halloween...

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Ibram Gaunt posted:

No but OTOH she's AoE and the other two are single target so their niches don't really overlap. She's got a pretty decent stargen, NP gen and refund, too, so she has decent NP spam capabilities (which pierce invul).

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

Nate RFB posted:

Based on what I've heard Anne/Mary have one of the most crazily powerful NPs if you use them right (low HP boosts its power), so at NP5 they'll be insane.

Wait, does that mean that if I put a Black Grail on them, they're essentially double-dipping NP damage?

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

It can get very silly on them, yes.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Black Grail, below 600 hp, 300% NP, go last in a 3-NP Buster Chain, hit something weak to Riders (Archers, for summer Anne). Watch the numbers go.

BlondRobin
May 29, 2005

Sssh! Be vewy vewy quiet. It's wabbit season.

Schubalts posted:

[...]go last in a 3-NP Buster Chain, [...]

Rider Carribean Freebird is a Quick card, so that makes that a difficult proposition. On the other hand, I've heard that chain colors and associated bonuses don't affect noble phantasms the way they do normal cards. So NPs don't get damage advantages or extra arts/stars for leading buster, arts or quick cards.

On the other other hand, I've never found an emperical source for any of the combat math analysis and the game sure doesn't feel like sharing! So maybe I'm entirely wrong.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
So based on JP What's the next rateup after pirate ladies?

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

BlondRobin posted:

On the other other hand, I've never found an emperical source for any of the combat math analysis and the game sure doesn't feel like sharing! So maybe I'm entirely wrong.

The analysis blogs on Beast's Lair are based on decompiling the code and most of them have been confirmed by in-game testing, so I think they're generally trustworthy.

There are one or two edge cases they're a little hazy on, though, and "do NPs get the bonus damage from a buster chain" is one of them. I think the answer's no, but it could go either way.

Nuebot posted:

So based on JP What's the next rateup after pirate ladies?

Probably Tamamo/Tamacat/Carmilla on Halloween; I don't think they'll try to squeeze anything in in between.

Nick Biped
May 22, 2004

In the wrong hands, the stapler is a deadly weapon.

First 10-pull could've been better, but it could've been worse too. Got my first Lancelot and also Euryale the Archer and Code Cast as new cards. The one Rider I got was my umpteenth Boudica.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
Jesus Christ I just pulled 30 and got 24 varieties of black keys. Why do I play this terrible game again?

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
Got Euryale and Altera on a 10 pull. Going to wait until the tail end of the banner so I can get my tickets and some more quartz.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

genericnick posted:

I just shovel all the CEs into the 5 stars I actually use. Is that the wrong way to go about this?

Making low rarity CE XP bombs is about QP efficiency. poo poo gets expensive. explanation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Badingading
Sep 2, 2011

120 quartz and 7 tickets that I'd saved up and no lady pirates, but instead it decided to grace me with 2 Arturias to feed the one I already had. Seems like an alright consolation prize.