Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Lol literally a month ago Seahawks' Michael Bennett was tackled by police who put a gun to his head and threatened to "blow his loving head off" for being black in the vicinity of a crime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Spun Dog posted:

Every kid who thought Santa was black.

I remember when she kept playing the whole "ah shucks this is just sooo confusin'" and playing up how she didn't understand things like racism could still exist while Obama was President unless he secretly wanted it people kept pointing out how she had a J.D and went to Syracuse so she had one of the best educations in the country and she needed to stop playing the role of the dumb blond who needs the men on the show to explain everything to her.

Looks like she really was that bad and never bothered to research or review anything while on Fox. But its not like she can go back even if she wanted now that Tomi Lahren is on Fox. Nothing like hiring a 25 year old with no experience other then angrily yelling into the camera about how good black people have it and how dare they ever protest anything to make the 46 year old former lawyer redundant.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Spun Dog posted:

Every kid who thought Santa was black.

Well, Santa can't be black, he would have been shot years ago in a Castle Doctrine state.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

Basically. Im catholic and ive had a bunch of these "missonaries" basically tell me catholics are in line for the chopping block.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Azuth0667 posted:

Basically. Im catholic and ive had a bunch of these "missonaries" basically tell me catholics are in line for the chopping block.

I'm a left-wing Baptist. Everyone who doesn't subscribe to their exact beliefs - many of which contrary to their claims have nothing to do with the Bible - is in line for the chopping block in their eyes.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Jesus christ

https://twitter.com/ariehkovler/status/913522464042422272

Daily Caller is owned by Tucker Catlson

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Cythereal posted:

I'm a left-wing Baptist. Everyone who doesn't subscribe to their exact beliefs - many of which contrary to their claims have nothing to do with the Bible - is in line for the chopping block in their eyes.

Relevant: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2y_kI_-x1Q

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/aravosis/status/913526380607963136

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I'm not sure why anyone is surprised. This is a website that hired Jason Kessler to cover the Confederate statue issue in Charlottesville until the guy helped organize a literal Nazi march through the city.

It's just that now that the anti-Semitism which has always been there on the right is coming out again like the old Liberty Lobby. I remember reading a Chris Hedges book where he attended one of those Christian Zionists for Israel conferences, and talked to an Israeli fundraiser there whose attitude was "Yeah, the people in here, they're anti-Semitic, but they raise a lot of money for Israel."

Also:

quote:

Beset by the leak of a top-secret history of the Vietnam War and rising unemployment statistics that were hurting his standing in the polls in summer of 1971, President Richard M. Nixon lashed out repeatedly at "the Jews" he saw at the root of his problems.

"The Jews are all over the government," Nixon complained to his chief of staff, H.R. "Bob" Haldeman, in an Oval Office meeting recorded on one of a set of White House tapes released yesterday at the National Archives. Nixon said the Jews needed to be brought under control by putting someone "in charge who is not Jewish" in key agencies.

Washington "is full of Jews," the president asserted. "Most Jews are disloyal." He made exceptions for some of his top aides, such as national security adviser Henry Kissinger, his White House counsel, Leonard Garment, and one of his speechwriters, William Safire, and then added:

"But, Bob, generally speaking, you can't trust the bastards. They turn on you. Am I wrong or right?"

Haldeman agreed wholeheartedly. "Their whole orientation is against you. In this administration, anyway. And they are smart. They have the ability to do what they want to do--which is to hurt us."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/politics/daily/oct99/nixon6.htm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S28LZnQIG_E&t=100s

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Who's Twitter is this and why/how am I blocked? I want to see the GOP in it's ignorant glory!

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

I been wantin to see a honkey dance.

boner confessor posted:

he's like some spoiled sibling who pushes their brother or sister to the edge, then when they snap and hit him he immediately goes to tell an adult

This is the MO of every bully ever. They push and push and push and the instant someone pushes back they cry "hey man you took it too far". Baked Alaska has the same tendencies but he's such a non-threatening wiener that nobody is afraid to stand up to him.

viral spiral
Sep 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUo14N4nI_w

This piece of poo poo claims there is only a 4% unemployment rate. :laffo:

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

What do you guys think of Jordan Klepper's new show? He was my favorite of the new round of Daily Show correspondents after Oliver, Bee and Jason Jones left.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Whoever hired all of those ex-Fox people at NBC needs to be fired. They have all been an embarrassment (Kelly being by far the worst example).

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

FlamingLiberal posted:

Whoever hired all of those ex-Fox people at NBC needs to be fired. They have all been an embarrassment (Kelly being by far the worst example).

The strategy of "well, Trump won the election, so I guess everyone wants conservative content now" really backfired on everyone.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

FlamingLiberal posted:

that would be andy lack, who was also responsible for giving matt lauer a job

e: i hope they keep megyn kelly at her current role but bring in hoda and kathie lee all franzia-ed up to dunk on her during the show

The Muppets On PCP fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Sep 29, 2017

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

The Muppets On PCP posted:

e: i hope they keep megyn kelly at her current role but bring in hoda and kathie lee all franzia-ed up to dunk on her during the show

I hope it becomes increasingly more and more uncomfortable.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

FlamingLiberal posted:

At least Phil Griffin at MSNBC was smart enough to turf Greta Van Susteren after like three months when it became clear that people would literally rather turn off their TVs for her hour rather than watch her desperately dive on whatever grenade Trump dropped at his own feet that day. When Nicole Wallace, a woman who willingly worked for George W Bush is dunking on you from the left, you have a problem.

RasperFat
Jul 11, 2006

Uncertainty is inherently unsustainable. Eventually, everything either is or isn't.

AsInHowe posted:

The strategy of "well, Trump won the election, so I guess everyone wants conservative content now" really backfired on everyone.

The MSM's obsession with chasing conservative customers has been disheartening, even if it's not surprising.

Since Charlottesville major outlets have run more articles condemning antifa as they did the actual, murderous Nazis. Even WaPo ran an opinion piece at the end of August that specifically said "antifa is the moral equivalent of Neo-Nazis".

It's disgusting, and shows that we are more likely starting a race to the bottom instead of culling and improving our media.

The worst part is no one in the regular media audience, i.e. not insane regressive bigots, wants these slimy pundits warping the news on top our already mediocre coverage. RW talking heads have crashed pretty hard when they leave their bigot bubbles where facts are unimportant, but executives keep pushing them likely because of the "controversy" and hate clicks.

It's a horribly short sighted strategy though, because after the novelty of tuning in to see how lovely these right wingers are wears off, their numbers will tank. It generally only takes a few weeks.

The extremely short term boost in ratings, if they even get them, are immediately outweighed by pissing off their regular customer base, as well as sacrificing whatever shreds of credibility the network might have.

The execs really hosed up in bringing outright bigots into the fold of mainstream talking heads. I'm sure our free market will punish the stupid, short sighted, and money losing decisions of our media executives, and they won't receive massive bonuses for adding "diversity" to their network.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

nine-gear crow posted:

At least Phil Griffin at MSNBC was smart enough to turf Greta Van Susteren after like three months when it became clear that people would literally rather turn off their TVs for her hour rather than watch her desperately dive on whatever grenade Trump dropped at his own feet that day. When Nicole Wallace, a woman who willingly worked for George W Bush is dunking on you from the left, you have a problem.

Oh god, I totally forgot Greta had a show as well. Which I guess is a good thing.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

RasperFat posted:

The MSM's obsession with chasing conservative customers has been disheartening, even if it's not surprising.

in msnbc's case it's pretty funny because their biggest ratings have come from the existing primetime lineup going all in on #resistance and russia stories, and every fox news castoff they've hired has tanked right out the gate

quote:

Since Charlottesville major outlets have run more articles condemning antifa as they did the actual, murderous Nazis. Even WaPo ran an opinion piece at the end of August that specifically said "antifa is the moral equivalent of Neo-Nazis".

that isn't a conservative thing so much as a politics of respectability thing

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

in msnbc's case it's pretty funny because their biggest ratings have come from the existing primetime lineup going all in on #resistance and russia stories, and every fox news castoff they've hired has tanked right out the gate

"These progressives, as they're called, apparently watch TV? And didn't have a network or cable channel catering to their view? I wonder how I can profit from this...I know, I'll hire all the Fox News personalities suing FNC for some form of sexual harassment! If they're against FNC, that means they're progressive too, right?"

RasperFat
Jul 11, 2006

Uncertainty is inherently unsustainable. Eventually, everything either is or isn't.

The same pattern of leftist programming being more popular has been true across the board, not just limited to news channels.

The late night hosts that present attacks on Trump and conservatives from the left are way more popular than the "play it safe don't be political" ones. Jimmy Kimmel and Colbert have been getting more popular the more they bash conservatives, while middle of the road hosts like Fallon have been flailing.

It carries over into our popular fiction shows as well, even when they aren't directly political. Shows with diverse casts that present different minorities and LGBTQ folks as good, normal people have been dominating for years now. Even if they are still too white and sometimes a little tone deaf, having an inclusive cast not depicted as cartoonish stereotypes goes a long way to not shutting out all the non-Cis people in the U.S. The Flash was the most popular show on network television a couple years ago, and I'm pretty sure that close to half the regular cast is not white.

The push for (even more) more white, conservative representation in the media isn't met with resistance because the owners of our media conglomerates tend to be very white, and conservative. We probably won't see an end to the "respectability" politics for decades when the old whiteys have died off, assuming the left keeps fighting and winning the culture war.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Pander posted:

"These progressives, as they're called, apparently watch TV? And didn't have a network or cable channel catering to their view? I wonder how I can profit from this...I know, I'll hire all the Fox News personalities suing FNC for some form of sexual harassment! If they're against FNC, that means they're progressive too, right?"

that doesn't explain hugh hewitt

then again no known laws of the physical universe explain how hugh hewitt came into being

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

nine-gear crow posted:

Oh god, I've never seen Dreamworksface in real life before. It's horrifying :aaaaa:

Calling on someone with Photoshop skills, replace the text with "Two Faces In Search Of A Fist", tia

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

RasperFat posted:

The same pattern of leftist programming being more popular has been true across the board, not just limited to news channels.

The late night hosts that present attacks on Trump and conservatives from the left are way more popular than the "play it safe don't be political" ones. Jimmy Kimmel and Colbert have been getting more popular the more they bash conservatives, while middle of the road hosts like Fallon have been flailing.

It's not leftist programming, it's that the right has pushed everything so far right in an attempt to make everything a partisan issue, along with issues now being serious instead of unifying.

The active president of the United States is someone with no redeeming values, who cheated to even get in the office, has said something offensive about just about every group in the country, and does nothing but pick fights and bitch.

It isn't leftist to not be racist. It isn't leftist to not sexually violate women against their will. It isn't leftist to have personal dignity. Just because conservatives decided to make those planks of their party doesn't mean the opposite is equally radical in the other direction.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

AsInHowe posted:

It isn't leftist to not be racist. It isn't leftist to not sexually violate women against their will. It isn't leftist to have personal dignity. Just because conservatives decided to make those planks of their party doesn't mean the opposite is equally radical in the other direction.

Basically this.

viral spiral
Sep 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

AsInHowe posted:

The active president of the United States is someone with no redeeming values, who cheated to even get in the office, has said something offensive about just about every group in the country, and does nothing but pick fights and bitch.

What?

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

He's referring to Russia.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Rush Limbaugh was on Hannity the other night. All this NFL stuff is a left wing plot to ruin masculinity and strength since liberals hate that stuff.

Here, just read it. It's as stupid as it loving sounds. Half the country is going to believe it.

http://www.foxnews.com/transcript/2017/09/28/rush-limbaugh-left-has-hijacked-game-football.html

Or don't since it's soul crushing and dumb.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
amorphous blob who frequents known child sex tourism hotspots: arbiter of masculinity

viral spiral
Sep 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Rick_Hunter posted:

He's referring to Russia.

Shameful.

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

He lost by millions of votes and got in on a technicality.

Also, you know, collusion with a foreign power.

U.T. Raptor fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Oct 1, 2017

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

U.T. Raptor posted:

Let's not go down that road. Popular vote is not how it's decided and we've used the same system for hundreds of years. He won fair and square (in the context of the electoral system) and complaining about the popular vote is simply sour grapes.

U.T. Raptor posted:

Also, you know, collusion with a foreign power.

This is the correct road to go down.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

U.T. Raptor posted:

"Kid, we're playing Domination, not Team Deathmatch; doesn't matter how negative our KD is, we capped the points, therefore we win." :smugdon:

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Imagine if this was Obama part 87654

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/914680602124865536

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.

Mister Facetious posted:

"Kid, we're playing Domination, not Team Deathmatch; doesn't matter how negative our KD is, we capped the points, therefore we win." :smugdon:

Also in a totally unrelated coincidence that new anti-cheating software we installed banned a bunch of your teammates that were on those points.

Also if your malware scanner might be going off right now just ignore it.

False positives.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
They weren't banned, they (rage)quit voluntarily (or I teamkicked them myself)! <:mad:>

Now that I think about it, I'm surprised Hannity or some other snake-oil rear end in a top hat hasn't jumped on some form of loot crate gambling yet, filled no doubt with chintzy Republican tchotchkes.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

https://twitter.com/vfxsoldier/status/914783203273072641

fox news has a muslim scholar on speed dial just in case mass shootings end up being committed by a muslim person

because they are terrible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

DC Murderverse posted:

https://twitter.com/vfxsoldier/status/914783203273072641

fox news has a muslim scholar on speed dial just in case mass shootings end up being committed by a muslim person

because they are terrible

"Wikipedia posted:

Qanta A. Ahmed is a Muslim British physician specializing in sleep disorders. She is also an author and a newspaper columnist.

She's published a few think pieces, but she has no references to academic credentials on Islam in particular. She's a well-educated woman who happens to be Muslim, and who has opinions about modern Islam and Islamism.

HackensackBackpack fucked around with this message at 13:21 on Oct 2, 2017