Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

1redflag posted:

Did you just post a shoehorn in the PYF purchases thread? Taking life to the extreme, I see.

Well yes seeing as how I recently purchased it. (Also when I was buying it, the former singer of Hanoi Rocks clearly contemplated cutting in line in front of me but didn't. I'm sure I would've won at least a consolation prize for that in Radio Mafia's hit programme segment "I'm Almost Related to a Celebrity" back in the day.)

Is that some Elder Scrolls thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

Zahi posted:

I've been working on Jeeps for 10 years so I'll speak up. The Patriots get a lot of poo poo about "not real jeeps" because they have an inline 4cyl co-developed by Hyundai and Mitsubishi that is paired to a CVT which isn't great for heavy off roading, but that probably isn't what you got it for anyway. The early Patriots also had really lovely interior but at one point were redesigned to have a much better one. It was Jeeps push to have more fuel efficient and inexpensive rigs which some of the crabby older guys don't like. I personally don't see a ton of problems with them other than they love to eat wheel bearings.

Thanks man, that information is greatly appreciated and really helpful! That's actually great news, since I recently picked up a slide hammer and bearing installation adapter kit to swap out the bearings on the Maxima without having to track down a press.

For content, just bought a hitch and a locking/folding Thule bicycle rack off Craigslist:

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Bought unfortunately costly engine repairs on car. So that I may use it next week to look at a new vehicle.

Like a nice boring dependable pre-owned 2016 Corolla.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Aramek posted:

Like a nice boring dependable pre-owned 2016 Corolla.

Nothing boring about reliable transportation.

No Egrets
May 30, 2013

That's right, and it's an Armani.

Having a ball learning the guitar :woop: (Not my photo)

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

A stove for the bus! Yay

Dogbrisket
Jun 10, 2009

Why would you bother with a stove? Just fire up a BBQ in there. It's cheaper and works just as well. Make sure you roll up the windows first though.

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

Jerry Cotton posted:

Is that some Elder Scrolls thing?

Jesus this is the gooniest thing I've read in a very long time.

A mudguard is something that prevents water and mud getting on you when you are cycling through puddles and muck.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Steakandchips posted:

A mudguard is something that prevents water and mud getting on you when you are cycling through puddles and muck.

Look at who you replied to and rethink taking it seriously.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

No Egrets posted:

That is stunningly beautiful.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Steakandchips posted:

:lol:

I bought cheese dome today.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

No Egrets posted:

Ungh... I would love a thinline tele. What kinda amp you using? Any pedals yet?

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I bought tickets to see Hall and Oates on Sunday.

No Egrets
May 30, 2013

That's right, and it's an Armani.
[quote="“Frankston”" post="“476680938”"]
That is stunningly beautiful.
[/quote]
It really is very impressive in person. Now, the sounds I'm able to get out of it thus far not so much.

[quote="“OSU_Matthew”" post="“476682362”"]
Ungh... I would love a thinline tele. What kinda amp you using? Any pedals yet?
[/quote]
No pedals yet, but I'm so close to buying some. I'm currently using an 80's Fender Princeton Chorus I rescued from a house demolition several years ago. It's OK. I'm eyeing an Orange for Christmas, though.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I bought a Jeep too now. This one's a silly little turbocharged one made in Italy. Maybe pictures later if I remember I haven't posted any. '16 Renegade, real nice, one of the last new 16s on the lot still because apparently nobody drives stick anymore and they all need fancy radios, all the better for me

Here is a stock image.

It does not make me a hypocrite after making fun of the Patriot, because lol Jeep Patriot

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

a duffle bag for my upcoming trip.

a new router since mine has been dropping connections left and right for a couple days.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

baram. posted:

a new router since mine has been dropping connections left and right for a couple days.
Someone who buys a Supreme duffle bag WOULD buy a 3 antenna Netgear router in 2017. :colbert:

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

it was the recommended router on wirecutter and i could get it here same day. :shrug:

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

baram. posted:

I enjoy how it says Supreme in smaller letters, and then even bigger letters for those hard of seeing

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

That bag is dope

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef

baram. posted:

it was the recommended router on wirecutter and i could get it here same day. :shrug:

Looks like the same model I've got. Works very well for me.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
100d cordura is garbage tier grocery store bag quality poo poo and you paid way too much for a bag that screams "steal me and everything inside me"

100% Dundee
Oct 11, 2004

Bottom Liner posted:

100d cordura is garbage tier grocery store bag quality poo poo and you paid way too much for a bag that screams "steal me and everything inside me"

Nah fam, that's a supreme bag. It's super exclusive and very high quality.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

idgi it's just a bag with a word on it. I don't know what Supreme is or why it's supposed to be good.

I bought this one a while back because it's a good bag for my needs even though it has a word on it.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

ReidRansom posted:

idgi it's just a bag with a word on it. I don't know what Supreme is or why it's supposed to be good.

I bought this one a while back because it's a good bag for my needs even though it has a word on it.

Only one letter away from the "Failson" bag that I so need.

Fire Safety Doug
Sep 3, 2006

99 % caffeine free is 99 % not my kinda thing
Supreme is a fashion brand and they only make very small amounts of each product to drive up demand. Personally I'm not bothered enough to fight for their stuff but it also doesn't inconvenience me if someone else does. Same goes for expensive tactical knives used as letter openers, car wheels made of unobtainium, and all the other silly stuff people in this thread spend money on. Please, don't shop-shame.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I've never seen someone wearing Supreme clothes so I don't think it's real. I see Filsons all the time though.

Fire Safety Doug
Sep 3, 2006

99 % caffeine free is 99 % not my kinda thing

Mu Zeta posted:

I've never seen someone wearing Supreme clothes so I don't think it's real.

Well you don't wear them, you either keep them in pristine condition in their original packaging or flog them on eBay.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.
I thought you were just supposed to buy reps from China of Supreme.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

I just clothe myself in a giant garbage bag at all times

#forceflex

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

Sappo569 posted:

I just clothe myself in a giant garbage bag at all times

#forceflex

At least you smell nice.

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

Etrips posted:

I thought you were just supposed to buy reps from China of Supreme.

They really missed the ball on calling themselves Supremer or Supremest. They probably could have charged even more and gotten their own following for it. Wait, no one steal my idea.

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

SgtScruffy posted:

How is it! I've been meaning to pick up a copy for a while - it seems excellent.

Now that it got here, I can say that I love it. It's beautifully done, there are lots of full page spreads, very glossy pages, and it's a lot bigger than I was expecting. It's absolutely exhaustive -- it covers all the location, enemies, items, and every last minor detail that there is to talk about. It also goes into detail about how parts of the game came to be, such as how the part where you go into the mines after the desert was inspired by Itoi's personal search for lost gold. It's a good book to pick up and start thumbing through, and I expect I'll be spending many hours reading it while stoned off my rear end. Plus, it came with a scratch n sniff card, too.

There's a preview of the book here, I'd absolutely recommend going through it and then picking up a copy for yourself.

Zahi
Jun 4, 2009

bent

Bottom Liner posted:

Since you know cars, how easy is it to replace a rear axle myself? And could a bent axle cause wheel bearings to wear out quickly? My alignment is hosed and the shop said they can't fix it because the rear axle has a crack but they wanted like $1400 for a new one + labor. My left rear tire makes a loud clanking sound when I hit a bump or apply brakes.

I'm going to assume you're talking about a solid beam axle in a Jeep since you didn't mention what car but yes, a bent axle or the axle tube can prematurely wear the bearings from having the force applied on them all wonky instead of centered around the axis evenly. Can't say much about the clunk without looking at it myself but the front alignment of a car is determined by the rear. Not an easy fix. IF they're saying the axle tube is hosed yeah I can see 1400$ being the price, but if its the axle shaft and not the tube then 1400$ is a huge rip.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Another old pen (early 1920s). Mabie Todd Swan with a No.2 nib.

Megabound has a new favorite as of 05:54 on Sep 27, 2017

rawrr
Jul 28, 2007
I wish I wrote stuff more often so I'd have more of an excuse to collect fountain pens. I have a couple Lamys and Pilots and 3-4 bottles of ink, but I use them so infrequently that the ink loaded in the pen is always dry whenever I use it :(

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Just get into restoration, tell yourself you sell them for profit once they write again and never sell any of them. You'll have an interesting collection in no time!

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

MNIMWA
Dec 1, 2014

I bought my first motorbike, 1982 honda nighthawk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXCo_lR3Pp0

I cannot stop buying fishing gear, I am the loving manchild supreme.