Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HGH
Dec 20, 2011
It's not just the monthly storyline, this is the 100% Moogle final story update that should have been dropping today! I hope they still manage to push that through somehow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

HGH posted:

It's not just the monthly storyline, this is the 100% Moogle final story update that should have been dropping today! I hope they still manage to push that through somehow.

Wait, 100% moogle? Where? How?

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007
freed up some space on the ol friends list.

124 960 223 hit me up if you're looking for an onion bro/Tidus friend

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

TheGreatEvilKing posted:

Wait, 100% moogle? Where? How?

The final boss of season 1 of the story. It's a trial difficulty boss and drops a 100% Moogle for beating it.
In Japan it originally dropped 100 Lapis before they patched it to a moogle later so let's hope they don't repeat that mistake here.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

BDawg posted:

There's a bug/feature if a unit has built in dual weapon wield where they can use Aqua Blade and the dual use weapon to ignore the typical rules. Since Rem has dual wield daggers, she can use Aqua Blade and a dagger.

It's worth noting in Rem's case this is a terrible idea since her ideal setup is a Bowie Knife (grants regular dual wield) and a a rod due to wanting as much MAG as possible.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

new kind of cat posted:

freed up some space on the ol friends list.

124 960 223 hit me up if you're looking for an onion bro/Tidus friend

Added! Us OK bros gotta stick together. Its going to be a while before mine is max potted.

Evil Fluffy posted:

It's worth noting in Rem's case this is a terrible idea since her ideal setup is a Bowie Knife (grants regular dual wield) and a a rod due to wanting as much MAG as possible.

I think the 4 L&A will still come out a bit ahead if you use something like Enhance+Bowie but if you've got Rod Mastery and a Dark Fina's TMR then you're probably going to be pretty close with a pair of MAG 30%s.

edit: Nope, the rod is better. Though it won't be when we get Syliva and can have a better +MAG sword than Enhancer.

code:
    Rem 6 Star  
    FFBEDB Unit Calculator  
    Right Hand: Bowie Knife +82ATK+DualWield  
    Left Hand: Draco Spike +30ATK+101MAG+Dracoslayer  
    Head: Creepy Mask +15MP+15DEF+30MAG  
    Body: Dark Robe +35DEF+55MAG+20SPR+30%Dark  
    Accessory 1: Magistral Crest +30%MAG+30%SPR  
    Accessory 2: Magistral Crest +30%MAG+30%SPR  
    Ability 1: Adventurer-5 +40%ATK/DEF/MAG/SPR  
    Ability 2: MAG +30% +30%MAG  
    Ability 3: Rod Mastery +50%MAG w/ Rod  
    Ability 4: Echidna's Kiss +30%MAG  
    Pot Stats: HP: 390 MP: 85 ATK: 26 DEF: 26 MAG: 26 SPR: 26  
    Esper: Ramuh HP:3170 MP:6280 ATK:1770 DEF:1225 MAG:6035 SPR:4595  
    Total Stats: HP: 3873 MP: 442 ATK: 330 DEF: 263 MAG: 911 SPR: 555  
    Crit Rate: 10% P. Evasion: 0% M. Evasion: 0% P. Counter: 0% M. Counter: 0%  
code:

Rem 6 Star  
    FFBEDB Unit Calculator  
    Right Hand: Bowie Knife +82ATK+DualWield  
    Left Hand: Enhancer +82ATK+23MAG  
    Accessory 2: Patches +15ATK/DEF/MAG/SPR+15%P.Counter/M.Counter  
    Ability 1: Letters and Arms +50%MAG Sword  
    Ability 2: Letters and Arms +50%MAG Sword  
    Ability 3: Letters and Arms +50%MAG Sword  
    Ability 4: Letters and Arms +50%MAG Sword  
    Total Stats: HP: 3873 MP: 442 ATK: 340 DEF: 221 MAG: 883 SPR: 447  
    Crit Rate: 10% P. Evasion: 0% M. Evasion: 0% P. Counter: 15% M. Counter: 15%  

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Sep 28, 2017

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I think my 10+1 ticket pull went well:

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i always liked general leo but his haircut makes him look like an rear end hole

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006
Not sure if this was all common knowledge, but I'll thank this raid for my knowledge that:

-- 3 Orlandeau or DVs can chain perfectly by hitting the AUTO button. 2 does not work. 3 works better than I can do by hand, every time. The bonus is that apparently, Luneth falls sweetly in there too, so I can queue up all four and press a single button instead of trying to speed-jam four clicks.

-- Luneth's Advancing whatever setup move should be perfectly suited for this event, but any counterattack cancels the effect, which is stupid and lame.

-- Soleil is cool and can survive more than the first round of battle if I actually bother equipping her with stuff and doing a round of damage mitigation steps. I've just never had to bother until now.

-- Everyone should fully enhance Soleil. I would have said the same for Delita last raid, and it's amazing how neutered he was this time around.

-- FoV with FD if F'd

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

yeah breaks are kind of poorly handled at this point in the game because they're either necessary and devastate what you're using them on, or they're completely fully resisted and useless.

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

Anyone want to weigh in on the 32 Spirit vs 10% HP thing?

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

PaybackJack posted:

Added! Us OK bros gotta stick together. Its going to be a while before mine is max potted.

ah yer at capacity presently, mate. will gladly add ye back.

i'm working on Onion Son's tmr presently, and a second Dark Knight's Soul, so he should be beast after that.

definitely gotta figure out a way to take down Aigaon for that most excellent punch fist.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

So how do you build Olive? I know she wants her TMR, but what else?

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

Build olive with a black cowl, Amelia's Apron, 2 bracers, doublehand, and 3 shine TMs

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

doublehand, her TMR, flat attack. since she's got true doublehand and it stacks with doublehand that means flat attack is gonna be way better than percentages on her.

like black cowl, monster breastplate, two bracers, her tmr is bis for her i think. and then doublehand and just some 30% atk tmrs

edit: oh right i forgot about amelias tmr, thats better than monster breastplate

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Skyridge posted:

The general advice is to use whatever gives you the larger increase to your useful defensive stat, percent wise. So if you have under 320 SPR, use the 32 SPR item over 10% hp.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.

Ratmtattat posted:

Build olive with a black cowl, Amelia's Apron, 2 bracers, doublehand, and 3 shine TMs

2 Desch's Earrings are now far better than bracers on Olive. They are 135 atk each vs bracers 90

Edit:
This should be BiS - in fact after playing around with stuff, it looks like Desch's Earring is actually better than Ring of Dominion on her lol. Obviously you can swap Wisdoms for Quick Assaults if you were lucky enough to not pull two Queens. Using Black Cowl instead of Prische's Hairpin drops her to "only" 1303

Olive 6 Star
FFBEDB Unit Calculator
Right Hand: Sparky +120ATK+Lightning Element
Head: Prishe's Hairpin +45ATK+10%HP/MP
Body: Apron Dress +49DEF/SPR+30%ATK w/ Gun
Accessory 1: Desch's Earring +45ATK
Accessory 2: Desch's Earring +45ATK
Ability 1: Doublehand +50%Equipment ATK
Ability 2: Adventurer-5 +40%ATK/DEF/MAG/SPR
Ability 3: Wisdom +30%ATK +20%HP
Ability 4: Wisdom +30%ATK +20%HP
Pot Stats: HP: 390 MP: 65 ATK: 34 DEF: 26 MAG: 26 SPR: 26
Esper: Odin HP:5000 MP:3900 ATK:6000 DEF:4200 MAG:2000 SPR:2200
Total Stats: HP: 6316 MP: 275 ATK: 1350 DEF: 301 MAG: 204 SPR: 275
Crit Rate: 10% P. Evasion: 0% M. Evasion: 0% P. Counter: 0% M. Counter: 0%

:eyepop:

McSpankWich fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Sep 29, 2017

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

Skyridge posted:

Depends on your existing Spirit.

DEF/SPR scale linearly: someone with 200 SPR will take half as much damage as someone with 100 SPR and will take twice as much damage as someone with 400 SPR. This also means that there's quick diminishing returns involved; the more SPR you have, the more SPR you need to add to gain the same relative % damage reduction as someone with lower SPR.

Assuming you're facing off against a fully magic boss, I'd say 10% HP on units with more than 300 SPR.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Skyridge posted:

I'm just gonna look at my Soleil for stats: She has 5689 HP, 261 DEF, and 267 SPR. Since the damage algorithm in this game is (ATK or MAG)^2 / (DEF or SPR) * other multipliers we can get an effective HP by just HP * DEF or SPR. I have her DEF & SPR so close I'm just gonna use 260 for both for this calculation. So her effective HP is 1,479,140 @ 5689 HP & 260 DEF&SPR.

Soleil's base HP is 3192 HP, 3582 w/ pots. So HP+10% is +358 HP assuming fully potted.

With +358 HP (6,047 HP) her eHP becomes: 1,572,220

With +32 SPR (292 SPR) her eHP becomes: 1,661,188
But since it only boosts one defense and assuming DEF & SPR are weighted equally I'll just add half the difference between the original eHP and the new one. So that becomes 1,570,164.

Ergo... it depends! What type of damage does the enemy do more of? Is Soleil fully HP potted out? Can you heal all of that HP? What part of the damage calculations did I overlook this time?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

McSpankWich posted:

2 Desch's Earrings are now far better than bracers on Olive. They are 135 atk each vs bracers 90

I refuse to believe that anyone rolled two desch.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.

Nuebot posted:

I have 4!

\/\/ - True

McSpankWich fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Sep 29, 2017

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

You don't exist.

beergod
Nov 1, 2004
NOBODY WANTS TO SEE PICTURES OF YOUR UGLY FUCKING KIDS YOU DIPSHIT

Nuebot posted:

I have two.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Nuebot posted:

I have 5 desch. I also spent far too much on that banner.

Evil Fluffy posted:

On the subject of Rem, Aqua Blade is great because this:

Rem 6 Star
FFBEDB Unit Calculator
Right Hand: Defender's Daggers +12ATK+68MAG+35SPR +15%MAG w/Rem
Left Hand: Aqua Blade +90ATK+DualWield w/Sword+Water
Accessory 2: Ring of the Lucii +3MAG/SPR+25%P.Evasion/P.Counter
Ability 1: Letters and Arms +50%MAG Sword
Ability 2: Letters and Arms +50%MAG Sword
Ability 3: Letters and Arms +50%MAG Sword
Ability 4: Sworn Six's Pride Light +20%HP+40%MAG+ReducedTargetChance
Total Stats: HP: 4641 MP: 442 ATK: 263 DEF: 206 MAG: 916 SPR: 470
Crit Rate: 10% P. Evasion: 25% M. Evasion: 0% P. Counter: 25% M. Counter: 0%

This is 305% MAG, you could swap SSP - Light for Adv-5 or whatever. Studier than the above builds and still slightly edging out in MAG. Note that I used Creepy Mask only cause the above builds did, it SHOULD be Trick Hat.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
I thought that FFBE getting a Valkyrie Profile collab would be kinda weird, but Brave Frontier is about to have a Fairy Tail collab so :shrug:

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

So how do you build Olive? I know she wants her TMR, but what else?

On top of what others already said:

Simply having her TM will give her something like 700+ atk at level 100 with craftable/buyable gear and materia.

Her LB's worth leveling as well, IMO, because it doesn't take much to fill it and the damage is considerable once you get the timing down to land most/all the hits during a maxxed out chain. It hits random targets so its use outside of single target boss fights is not as high though.

On any fight where you spend a turn setting up have her use shattering shot for the 50% def/lightning debuffs, ensuring she hits like a truck made out of electrified trucks with True Shot or her LB.

I haven't heard of any enhancement info being found among the leaked docs, so if/when Olive gets enhancements we might not see them until April or May, if not later.

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

Dana Crysalis posted:

On the subject of Rem, Aqua Blade is great because this:

Yeah, it was my understanding that if you have Defender’s Daggers, that and Aqua Blade is better.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Evil Fluffy posted:

I thought that FFBE getting a Valkyrie Profile collab would be kinda weird, but Brave Frontier is about to have a Fairy Tail collab so :shrug:

Well if you think about it, FFBE kinda plays like a way watered down VP battle system. Someone in a discord said it's be amazing if Lenneth had the ability to build chain counter by herself, she'd completely destroy the meta that way.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

beergod posted:

I have two.

:negative:

Dana Crysalis posted:

I have 5 desch. I also spent far too much on that banner.

:suicide:
I got one and every time I get a gold crystal I hope it's another.

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

Nuebot posted:

I got 2, both on half price pulls. Also both at 75% tm from macroing. Just another week or so till I get those earrings.

I also got 2 werei off free pulls from the fan fiesta so I'm never getting another rainbow....

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
I'm also in the 2Desch club. Kinda tempted to lapis refresh to get the TMRs faster after reading McSpankWich's Olive build...

:siren: maintenance in 47 minutes :siren:

dangerous.hotdog fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Sep 29, 2017

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Dana Crysalis posted:

This is 305% MAG, you could swap SSP - Light for Adv-5 or whatever. Studier than the above builds and still slightly edging out in MAG. Note that I used Creepy Mask only cause the above builds did, it SHOULD be Trick Hat.

You're right I should have used trick hat, but I was avoiding 5* TMRs because it's unlikely most people have access to all of those. I almost used Siren's Robe instead of Dark Robe because I know that most people aren't prioritizing MAG gear (based on the fact that everytime a high DEF low SPR boss comes along people lose their minds about how unfair it is that Gumi shat in their Orlandeau-meta soup). But at this point there's probably enough players that missed out on Creepy Mask that Trick Hat should be in that spot.

Ancillary Character
Jul 25, 2007
Going about life as if I were a third-tier ancillary character

PaybackJack posted:

You're right I should have used trick hat, but I was avoiding 5* TMRs because it's unlikely most people have access to all of those. I almost used Siren's Robe instead of Dark Robe because I know that most people aren't prioritizing MAG gear (based on the fact that everytime a high DEF low SPR boss comes along people lose their minds about how unfair it is that Gumi shat in their Orlandeau-meta soup). But at this point there's probably enough players that missed out on Creepy Mask that Trick Hat should be in that spot.

Uh, Timothy maxes out as a 5*, he's a 3* base. I think I got like 5 of him during his banner week.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Ancillary Character posted:

Uh, Timothy maxes out as a 5*, he's a 3* base. I think I got like 5 of him during his banner week.

That's in reference to his using the Ring of Lucii and Light Veritas tmr.

Although that does remind me that Water Veritas tmr is 40% MAG which would bump the rod build up a bit more.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 07:47 on Sep 29, 2017

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less
The fiends data is sorta out.

https://dm.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/7365v5/ffiv_elemental_archfiend_quick_peek/

Barbariccia's TM amuses me because it uses her old name.
Valvalis' Spirit
Boost HP by 30% and boost magic damage against human, beast, avian and stone monsters (Not stackable)

Also for certain units that can cap magic (TTerra), holy crap that is FANTASTIC.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
So the 5* has a nice TMR and the rest are garbage. Sounds about right.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

BGrifter posted:

So the 5* has a nice TMR and the rest are garbage. Sounds about right.

5* has Tornado, meaning that in a ten-man, she can chain Tornado with Shantotto. That is actually a pretty big deal.

Cagnazzo may be an incredibly good tank, depending on his numbers.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
The moves are all incredibly on point, which seems to make Rubicante suck because man was that guy nice to his enemies.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Dana Crysalis posted:

5* has Tornado, meaning that in a ten-man, she can chain Tornado with Shantotto. That is actually a pretty big deal.

Cagnazzo may be an incredibly good tank, depending on his numbers.

I was just talking about the TMRs. Wasn't going to try and speculate about the rest yet.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

I love that Rubicante has a move that heals your enemies. So thematic :love:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/735v8k/gl_app_update_230_on_ios/

New app version:

Updates

Friend feed: Added feature to view friend's actions
New announcement feature: Added categorization by tabs
Added story replay function
Added rookie missions
Similar trust moogles can now be fused together
Improvements made to sort/filter function
Tab categorization added to the dimensional vortex
When ranking up, remaining energy is added on top of energy refill
Added new party settings for arena use
Added 10 man battle via the Chamber of Arms