Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Mayor Dave posted:

p. sure it's an al! original

nah i believe its his artistic ideal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Agrajag posted:

what anime is this?

Heron Saga

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

like 10 years ago hef wouldn't be this politicized

now

we deserve trump

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

so is there a website that just has old bombass pixel art? cause old neogeo/pc98 graphics are my poo poo

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Evil_Greven posted:

Also everyone talking about dreams is depressing, I rarely recall dreaming.

start a dream journal and start trying to remember
it'll make it easier for the dark thing that lurks

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

dwight schrute was an accurate portrayal of right-wing nerd culture and way ahead of his time

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
i don't know why i'm supposed to care about hef tbh

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

Agrajag posted:

but does that poll mean anything will change with how ICE operates?

dunno yet

things probably won't start getting much better until the next election, but they might well stop getting much worse

clearly america is not ready for actual concentration camps, nevermind what the twittersphere is clamoring for

i'm very convinced that the vast majority of the internet-visible face of the alt-right is empty botnet signal boosting and there really aren't all that many actual nazis out there

the president is also a botnet boost and most people have wanted him gone since before he became president

THS
Sep 15, 2017

Schnorkles posted:

i don't know why i'm supposed to care about hef tbh

you shouldnt

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

:cumpolice:

Mariana Horchata posted:

lol i aint talkin about using no chamber pot in a windmill powered outhouse u nonce!

:geert:

Pls be greatful for windmills.

We generate the wind

Say thank u windmill hobo!!

Martin BadClixx has issued a correction as of 01:59 on Sep 29, 2017

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

Salt Fish posted:

I had to see this about 5 times to realize that it really happened.

i've seen it every time and i still believe it's a joke, are you saying it's not

pushpins
Sep 11, 2006

Title text (optional; no images are allowed, only text)
"Ben Carson The Chad Sleeper"
-10 hours of REM
-Makin pyramids in unstructured dreamspace
-Never fully wake up

"Trump The Virgin Sleeper"
-Wets the bed before sleeping

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Yandat posted:

you shouldnt

some dude who liked blonde girls with a lot of work done died

oh, okay :shrug:

THS
Sep 15, 2017

Schnorkles posted:

i mean i'm gay so i really don't care but even then yeah he's just some rich guy who became irrelevant a very long time ago

YOU A FUCKING HAT
Jun 7, 1979

I CAN'T BE STOPPED OR REASONED WITH

cumshitter posted:

when i was a child i used to rest so peacefully sometimes that id wake up and id be in the exact same position i slept in, bedsheets completely unmussed

i started sleeping like a vampire with my hands over my chest after i figured it out but then it stopped at like age 8

I sleep like this now, on my back and with my hands crossed on my chest, and I don't move around much. Just works for me, I guess. Plus sleeping on your back is better for your complexion.

What's up new thread, btw

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Schnorkles posted:

but he had a big mansion and made a magazine thing for the naked fake boob blonde girls and MANLY articles MAGA :911: nevar forget

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

And what's the deeeeeeeeeal with power windows? They go all the way up and down I just want them open a little!!!

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

my wife told me a horrible story once about a teenage patient who was super obese and had taken to sleeping propped up on the floor against the side of the bed, resting only their head on the mattress so that they could breathe

bmi in the low 60s

good god

i just used the internet to check and a bmi of low 60s is 400+ lbs for short people and obv rises from there

that poor child

i want children to be ok :(

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Unperson_47 posted:

i was a fatass then but i also had the swine flu tha tput me into a coma for 3 weeks. oddly enough the coma dreams were mostly good. i was always dreaming that my dog that had died 3 years before was still alive and i was super depressed when i woke up and realized that nope, he was still gone

i forgot the swine flu was a thing that happened until this post and i'll probably forget again in a week
glad that sars and the bird flu haven't killed us all

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Sam Seder just said Interior Sec Ryan Zinke is caught up in private jet travel too

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

euphronius posted:

are you saying I need therapy

if sleep brings nightmares constantly you probably need something, yeah

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

the best way to check if you are dreaming and therefore possibly break through into lucid dreamspace is to make a habit of looking at analog clocks -- glance away then look again, they don't work right in dreams because your brain is doing a whole lot of amazing poo poo and can't be arsed to simulate clock hands correctly.

usually for me the hands are doing something weird, like spinning at unreal rates, or they've fallen off entirely, etc.

Try it!

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

:cumpolice:

Squizzle posted:

good god

i just used the internet to check and a bmi of low 60s is 400+ lbs for short people and obv rises from there

that poor child

i want children to be ok :(

So you have a special interest in childern???

*scribbles in nofepad

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

Der Meister posted:

as you decrease the number of undocumented people to zero support for them to stay increases

deporting 11 million people in the space of anything like a few years was never a practical option without literal death camps, and even the latest "massive" operation on sanctuary cities only caught 500 victims

hitting zero would realistically take a generation and leave almost every surviving american mourning the friends we killed

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
Trump retold the story of how their friendship was forged at Mar-a-Lago in April and said the relationship enabled Trump to ask Xi for help cutting off North Korea's financial access.

"He did that because I asked him, please do that," Trump said. "So he does things. Relationship is everything."

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

YOU A loving HAT posted:

I sleep like this now, on my back and with my hands crossed on my chest, and I don't move around much. Just works for me, I guess. Plus sleeping on your back is better for your complexion.

What's up new thread, btw

you a welcome back

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
piss dreams are made of these

who am i to eat the grease

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
https://twitter.com/TomKludt/status/913565391489605632

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?

Relevant Tangent posted:

start a dream journal and start trying to remember
it'll make it easier for the dark thing that lurks
I mean I wake up with the last memory being just before I fell asleep more than 99% of the time.

I'm very difficult to wake, so I use multiple alarms in different places. Apparently, if people try to wake me, I respond and hold conversations with them, but I don't remember any of it. Said conversations can be very strange, it seems.

The dreams I seem to remember are either very bizarre, or more disconcertingly, very short and mundane.

The reason that is disconcerting is that something very similar to the short mundane memory of a dream has occurred after said dream... and this has happened multiple times. It's hard to reconcile that with my understanding of the world from a STEM point of view.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

Agean90 posted:

so is there a website that just has old bombass pixel art? cause old neogeo/pc98 graphics are my poo poo

https://imgur.com/gallery/GPlx4 here are some

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
"The World Trade Center people were trained in Afghanistan," said Trump. "It's like the Wharton school of finance for terrorism."

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
I've had this reoccurring theme in my dreams the last week where somebody asks me for something that I have in my jeans pocket, but my hands are too wet to reach inside, they just get caught up at the top. My wife says I should try to figure out what it means, but we'll all be dead soon anyway so what's the point

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

euphronius posted:

no it was a demon that exists outside me

yeah, it's in your dream though, it's your brain, own that fucker extremely hard, nothing it can do to you in your brain
just make your flight or fight reflex be fight for dark presences and Jason Vorhees that's how you solve nightmares

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

box fucker has it goin on

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
welcome class to the wharton school of terrorism

please stop vaping

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

skaboomizzy posted:

Sam Seder just said Interior Sec Ryan Zinke is caught up in private jet travel too

yes it is extremely good that it only took 8 months to confirm that the new cabinet is staffed with amoral monsters and grifters

Ages
Feb 20, 2005

Its just half the puffin juice and the puffin lives and doesnt mind. I promise!
Fun Shoe

Arms_Akimbo posted:

I've had this reoccurring theme in my dreams the last week where somebody asks me for something that I have in my jeans pocket, but my hands are too wet to reach inside, they just get caught up at the top. My wife says I should try to figure out what it means, but we'll all be dead soon anyway so what's the point

Well, what is in your jeans pocket?

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Duscat posted:

deporting 11 million people in the space of anything like a few years was never a practical option without literal death camps, and even the latest "massive" operation on sanctuary cities only caught 500 victims

hitting zero would realistically take a generation and leave almost every surviving american mourning the friends we killed

They'd have to kill a lot more than 11 million. Not to chest thump or whatever, but I wouldn't want to live in that world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YOU A FUCKING HAT
Jun 7, 1979

I CAN'T BE STOPPED OR REASONED WITH

Unperson_47 posted:

i had this happen 2 nights in a row and the dream always involved some machinery making me bite down on rusted metal blades, cracking my teeth and slicing my gums

i've had nightmares so consistently over the years that they don't even count as nightmares anymore because I just don't care, so when my friends are like "I had a dream I was being chase" I'm just like get on my level, Becky.

let me tell you about the dream with the skinned human bodies impaled through the neck on a giant rusty fish hook. They weren't even the focus of the dream, just set decor.

• Locked thread