Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Family :downs:

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Nancy

Dustin

Mandrake

Kennel fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Sep 28, 2017

fondue
Jul 14, 2002

Calaveron posted:

Michael has a tremendous receding hairline and a lovely combover according to the colorist
Also I don't think newspaper funnies have colorists as much as they have a guy who hits the paintbucket tool and clicks wherever, so blame the lovely hair on Johnson not closing her loving lines

I see, thanks! I just assumed she was a lovely artist.

Angular Cyrus
May 29, 2007

everything is so much harder than it looks
Comics tend to get the colors they merit; someone who did colors for a syndicate posted here once saying they put their actual effort into coloring strips like Phoebe and Her Unicorn. You know, good comics.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

mastersord posted:

Intelligent Life
Is Reddick afraid to draw characters kissing or something?
He has about a dozen poses and facial expressions for each character so it will take him some time to create new vectors for that.

F Minus

Mark Trail

"And the giant spider, of course. Which reminds me, you saved some of those candy bars, right?"

Mary Worth

The Phantom

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

* "Dog" sold separately

Apartment 3-G

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Johnny Walker posted:

Rex Morgan MD

* "Dog" sold separately

It's probably one of the dogs from here.
https://www.somethingawful.com/series/dog-classifieds/

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Rhymes with Orange

Pros and Cons

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

I sincerely hope that at some point we see one of Bernice's advisors or professors sit her down and explain to her in no uncertain terms that taking a semester of beginning psych classes does not qualify her to diagnose or treat people. But she can do no wrong in this comic, so probably not.

And now, in case anybody is under the impression that our top-tier Luann creepster doesn't know how to M'Lady:

MORDOCK999 posted:

Okay, Gunth. Some Quick Tips:

1) When Tiff opens the door, QUICKLY Put Your Foot in the door sill so She can’t Close it. (An Old “Travelling Salesman” Trick.)

2) When She asks what You’re here Tell Her You there because its a New School Year and You Looking Forward to Being Her “Study Buddy” Again, and You Enjoy being around Her.

3) If She Let’s You In, DO NOT NOTICE SHE’S GAINED WEIGHT!

4) Apologize that You Hadn’t Contacted Her All Summer. Say You assumed She went Home for the Summer, and That’s Why You Didn’t Visit. Also You Lost Her Number and Didn’t Have Her e-mail address, and You have been Just Frantic the last three months because You have had NO Way to Contact Her, and You REALLY wanted to Catch Up with Her Because She Been on Your Mind since the last time You were together.

5) Ask Her How Her Summer went. If You’re Lucky, She’ll Start by Lying and saying it was “Great.” Then She tell the Truth and Say She was Miserable, “THANKS to YOU!” DON’T a Word, Let Her Vent. Be prepared to be Berated, Belittled, Insulted, and Humiliated. Just Stand There and Take it.

6) After about 30 minutes to an Hour of being Yelled at, She’ll probably show You the Door. Hang Your Head in Shame and head toward it. But before exiting, slowly turn and tell Her You’re Truly SORRY for What Happened and Wished You had NEVER taken Her to Your Mom’s Moronic Dinner. Tell Her She’s A Beautiful, Sensitive, Young Women, and You Wished You were Worthy of Her Love and Respect.

7) Close, By Cautiously giving Her Long, Firm Hug, and Maybe a Gentle Kiss on the Cheek. Don’t be Surprised if She SLAPS You. Just Tell Her You’ll ALWAYS be Available if She Wants to Talk, and that You’re Truly Sorry for what has happened.

8) And Whatever You do, DON’T go: “Um, Uh, Well, I, Er, Gee, I don’t Think,” While You’re Over There!!

Now You’ll have to Excuse Me. ARGY’S Coming over to GLOAT.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Johnny Walker posted:

Rex Morgan MD

* "Dog" sold separately

Oh, I know this bad urban legend. It's a rat that someone bought in Mexico.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Reading that guy's posts really aggravates me.

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
I believe more strongly than I have ever believed in anything that Mordock999 is a serial killer. You can prove it's not true and i will still believe it.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Cicadalek posted:

I believe more strongly than I have ever believed in anything that Mordock999 is a serial killer. You can prove it's not true and i will still believe it.

At the very least he's got to be on a watch list somewhere.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Today's Garf

Zippy

Ripley's

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Flash Gordon

2003 Spiderman

The Amazing Mole Man

Nancy

The joke is the literal child is living in a decaying house with no adult supervision. Comedy!

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe

Goon edits have destroyed me.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Did the guy who got eaten in Flash Gordon even have a name?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Haifisch posted:

2003 Spiderman

peter parker is the ur-goon

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Strontium posted:

Take It From the Tinkersons

It took forever to get there and the build up wasn't really worth it, but it's nice to know there's a good TifT comic.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Ghostlight posted:

It took forever to get there and the build up wasn't really worth it, but it's nice to know there's a good TifT comic.

What, where

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

The Tinkersons comic reads like it's written by a person who has had the concepts of emotions and jokes explained to them, but has never actually experienced them himself.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

"Also, do you know where I can get a cheap hoe?"

Odonata
Nov 5, 2009
Nap Ghost

"Darthemed" posted:

Ripley's

If it stretches for thousands of miles, then it covers a good chunk of the continent and isn't just visible from one Canadian city.

FrumpleOrz
Feb 12, 2014

Perhaps you have not been to the *Playground*.
The *Playground* is for Taalo and for Orz, but *Campers* can go.
It more fun than several.
You can go there for too much fun.
The Lockhorns

Brewster Rockit Space Guy

On The Fastrack

Safe Havens

Kevin & Kell

Mother Goose & Grimm

Hagar The Horrible

Old New Yorker Cartoons

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Catchup time

BC

Phoebe

Baldo reruns

Wizard of Id

Big Nate

Wallace the Brave

Curtis

Baby Blues

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

FrumpleOrz posted:

On The Fastrack

What?

sweetguts
Apr 29, 2013

I know what I'm about.

Vargo posted:

Baby Blues

Yep those model parts sure have been painted. fantastic job, colorist.

computer angel
Sep 9, 2008

Make it a double.
Reply All

Zits

Simian_Prime
Nov 6, 2011

When they passed out body parts in the comics today, I got Cathy's nose and Dick Tracy's private parts.

A lot of Holbrook's comics are just "draw a face on an inanimate object and then squeeze a tortured metaphor out of it."

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
Heathcliff

Piranha Club

Dick Tracy

Judge Parker

9 Chickweed Lane

Pibgorn

ukonvasara
Aug 16, 2012

a mixture of gravity and waggery

FrumpleOrz posted:

On The Fastrack

This kind of incoherent, vaguely internet-related nonsense would maybe be acceptable in, like, 1997, not 2017.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

FrumpleOrz posted:

Kevin & Kell

Wow it's so awesome that predators are becoming more acceptable in society and that predators and prey can coexist

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Classic Dinette Set is gross.

Working Daze is also gross.

Super-Fun-Pak-Comix is the height of comedy.

treasureplane
Jul 12, 2008

throwing darts in lovers' eyes, &c.
King Aroo (April 28, 1952)

Wash Tubbs (February 12, 1930)

Gasoline Alley (March 11, 1924)

Lil' Abner (November 10, 1937)

Barney Google (March 14, 1923)

Alley Oop (June 13, 1934)

Mister Mind
Mar 20, 2009

I'm not a real doctor,
But I am a real worm;
I am an actual worm

Vargo posted:

Catchup time

BC

Yessssss.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Quickly! Take a sedative before you succumb to frenzy!

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Intelligent Life

Take It From the Tinkersons

Dark Side of the Horse

Viivi & Wagner

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Strontium posted:

Intelligent Life

Because there are no women interested in sports, cheerleading, or beer.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

"Maybe dating isn't for you" - man who is in a platonic relationship with his mutually catfished work colleague.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Arlo and Janis

Tina's Groove Classic (February 14, 2006)

Arlo and Janis Classic (February 14, 1996)

Garfield Classic (February 14, 1986)

• Locked thread