Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Sophism posted:

Wait, does that mean that if I put a Black Grail on them, they're essentially double-dipping NP damage?

My NP2 Anne and Mary with Black Grail does something like 800k damage on an average NP, without any quick boosts or attack ups besides there own skill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cyxx
Oct 1, 2005

Byon!

Badingading posted:

120 quartz and 7 tickets that I'd saved up and no lady pirates, but instead it decided to grace me with 2 Arturias to feed the one I already had. Seems like an alright consolation prize.

During my ill advised dumping of 240 quartz into this banner, the first gold card I got was artoria. I actually got really angry so I'm just gonna feed artoria bronze xp cards forever. She is not getting a single gold xp card ever. I hope she chokes on a bronze berserker xp card.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

Badingading posted:

120 quartz and 7 tickets that I'd saved up and no lady pirates, but instead it decided to grace me with 2 Arturias to feed the one I already had. Seems like an alright consolation prize.

Welcome to the NP3 Artoria club buddy. Don't worry, I'm sure eventually she'll become a better Servant.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
There you are, Euryale. Nevermind the million extra copies of Code Cast and David I had to wade through to get to you. Even got a bonus Carmilla and d'Eon, of all people. I guess that's it for me on this banner, though admittedly I would've loved a Drake or Anne/Mary.

cyxx posted:

During my ill advised dumping of 240 quartz into this banner, the first gold card I got was artoria. I actually got really angry so I'm just gonna feed artoria bronze xp cards forever. She is not getting a single gold xp card ever. I hope she chokes on a bronze berserker xp card.
Hello me, from the Gil rateup. She did prove her worth during Nerofest to be fair.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!
Once again I pull the 4* servant rate up. 5*s still elude me :downs:

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

I gotta say that the writing in Okeanos is already a million times better than the last two singularities. Drake is god damned amazing and Dated 4chan Meme Blackbeard is killing me.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Seconding that Drake is great. I like that they went out of their way to give an explanation as to why we're fighting regular mooks in the Singularities when we shouldn't be. It's a very Nasu thing to do.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

:toot::toot::toot:

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
It still makes no sense to me that Atalante is Neutral Evil. She wanted to remain a virgin forever in service to Artemis, people kept bugging her, she made up a ridiculous contest that you'd have to be crazy to try so that they would stop, people tried it, people died for it, but that was on them, she just wanted to be left alone.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

cyxx posted:

This makes me realize why I have zero desire to roll for Drake and Tamamo. After 900 quartz, 100 tickets, and $140 dollars rolling for Ishtar, the JP version gave me Tamamo and Drake. The salt never goes away.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Gologle posted:

It still makes no sense to me that Atalante is Neutral Evil. She wanted to remain a virgin forever in service to Artemis, people kept bugging her, she made up a ridiculous contest that you'd have to be crazy to try so that they would stop, people tried it, people died for it, but that was on them, she just wanted to be left alone.
Alignment in the Fateverse isn't about what you are, but how you perceive yourself. Atalante sees herself as distinctly apart from humans and has no real interest in preserving human lives. Gilgamesh is a way worse person than Atalante, but he sees his actions as heroic and intends them for the good of humanity, so he's chaotic good.

Miles Vorkosigan
Mar 21, 2007

The stuff that dreams are made of.
OK, but while we are on the subject could someone explain why Fate uses the Dungeons and Dragons alignment system in the first place?

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

I did two ten pulls, and here are my results:
Pull one: Two Anchors Aweigh, Eurayle, two Gandr, and one Projection. I got three golds in a row, and none of them were servants.
Pull two: Two more Anchors Aweigh, Another Eurayle, Hektor, Gem Magecraft: Antumbra (now I can fully limit break it), and Anne Bonny and Mary Read.

My good luck continues.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Miles Vorkosigan posted:

OK, but while we are on the subject could someone explain why Fate uses the Dungeons and Dragons alignment system in the first place?
Rin gives Shirou a magic book in F/SN to keep track of servants he's seen, she says it explains information in a way that makes the most sense to the person using it. Shirou is a nerd who watches power rangers and argues about video games with Shinji, so it explains their motivations using D&D alignments and abilities in a video gamey way. Since Fate/Stay Night was the first Fate thing, that just kind of became the standard for every Fate thing afterwards.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Now grail her to 100.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
I dropped another 30 quartz and got...Tamamo Cat.

At least if nothing else, my farming team is set for the rest of the game. Arash w/ LB Imaginary Element, Tamamo Cat w/ Kaleido, Lancelot w/ Kaleido, support waver. Nuke the planet :black101:

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Splurged a bit more, got Anne & Mary. I am content.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Now grail her to 100.

In time, I will. She and Melt will be the frontlines for sure.

Also I was happy I finally got the max ascension so I threw a ticket at the gacha. Got myself NP2 Altera now :toot:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Am I supposed to pair Anne mary with hassan or something? Hercules doesn't seem to play nice with him.

Nick Biped
May 22, 2004

In the wrong hands, the stapler is a deadly weapon.

Did one more free 10-roll, got pretty much garbage. Only new cards were Anchors Aweigh and Hektor, who I guess can warm the benches for Liz and Cu Chu.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Tae posted:

Am I supposed to pair Anne mary with hassan or something? Hercules doesn't seem to play nice with him.

Hassan is their good, supportive uncle figure, so yes.

This may or may not be functionally true

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Insofar as teambuilding has importance at this point in the game, Hercules tends to be work better as the backline who can come in and toss out at least a few rounds of guaranteed Buster hits to the enemy's face after some of your frontline goes down.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Miles Vorkosigan posted:

Because Nasu is a big tabletop gaming nerd.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Miles Vorkosigan posted:

The alignments are extremely loose labels the Holy Grail system uses to categorize and organize the literally infinite Servants inside the Throne of Heroes. This was intended explicitly to exclude "Evil"-aligned Servants, in order to keep the war reasonably under control.

It didn't really work even before poo poo started to break down, though, because it was a flawed system made by flawed humans.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*
Finally got my login streak summon ticket. Handed the phone off to somebody without F-rank luck so they could summon for me since they have 5-stars.

I got Boudica, like the 20th loving one. :mad:

One more 10 summon is all i'm willing to blow now. This poo poo is infuriating.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Enjoy a million more Boudicas and Saber Gilles, welcome to FGO

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Jason is Shinji-level of terrible, it's great.

Lynkericious
Nov 7, 2012

Super High-School Level Eating Machine
Well I just woke up my downstairs neighbors I think. I did a kneejerk ten pull on the Okeanos banner with my free quartz and started screaming in joy when I summoned Francis Drake, Anne & Mary, and Code Cast all at the same time. :stare:

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
Scraped enough free quartz for a 10 pull and only got David and a Be elegant for final limit breaking. The rest were dupes of silver NP5 servants that went straight for burning. I would've felt cheated if not for those two things

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
:suicide: I did a 10 summon instead of a friend point summon and got nothing good for it except a Chevalier d'Eon. Please tell me they're at least good.

Lynkericious
Nov 7, 2012

Nuebot posted:

:suicide: I did a 10 summon instead of a friend point summon and got nothing good for it except a Chevalier d'Eon. Please tell me they're at least good.

While d'Eon is never going to have good attack, at her third ascension she gets a Taunt skill that also heals her, and she also starts off with Mind of The Eye, so slap a Kirei on her to buff up her defense and she'll eat hits all day long, which makes her great to toss on a team with a Berserker you want to protect. Outside of that role, don't expect too much out of her, but it's a great role to be able to fill to keep your powerhouses healthy.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Lynkericious posted:

While d'Eon is never going to have good attack, at her third ascension she gets a Taunt skill that also heals her, and she also starts off with Mind of The Eye, so slap a Kirei on her to buff up her defense and she'll eat hits all day long, which makes her great to toss on a team with a Berserker you want to protect. Outside of that role, don't expect too much out of her, but it's a great role to be able to fill to keep your powerhouses healthy.

:negative: better than nothing I guess. I also got the black grail and a craft essence that starts off the dude with 60% of their NP filled. I suspect I got a real lovely roll?

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Nuebot posted:

:negative: better than nothing I guess. I also got the black grail and a craft essence that starts off the dude with 60% of their NP filled. I suspect I got a real lovely roll?

Son, you ain't seen lovely rolls yet.

Lynkericious
Nov 7, 2012

Don't knock her, in the future d'Eon's gonna be a great tank to have to absorb damage for your team.

Edit: A real poo poo roll would've replaced her with Siegfried.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I also got d'Eon from this round, but George already fills my tank role so I dunno what I'll do with her.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Nate RFB posted:

I also got d'Eon from this round, but George already fills my tank role so I dunno what I'll do with her.

Tank Assassins and Lancers?

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Nuebot posted:

Imaginary Element is probably the best 4* CE, so it's always nice to have. A 10-roll with a 4* Servant, a 4* CE and a 5* CE is a good roll - certainly well above average.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I've gotten so many Imaginary Elements in my rolls that I'm one away from LBing my second one.

Dr Pepper posted:

Tank Assassins and Lancers?
George's defense is so high with his taunt, especially with that Kirei CE, that combined the Assassin class's low attack in general thus far they have not been a problem at all. I expect there will be hard Assassin content eventually though, one way or another, of course.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

NRVNQSR posted:

Imaginary Element is probably the best 4* CE, so it's always nice to have. A 10-roll with a 4* Servant, a 4* CE and a 5* CE is a good roll - certainly well above average.

I didn't even realize it was 5*. I assume it's good for specific builds or something. But so far all I do is make heracles smash things good. I think I've used a noble phantom all of twice?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sciencegar
Dec 21, 2013

I'm afraid its because of Super-Science.

Regular-Ass Science is innocent.

Nuebot posted:

I didn't even realize it was 5*. I assume it's good for specific builds or something. But so far all I do is make heracles smash things good. I think I've used a noble phantom all of twice?

This will change as the game goes on and the devs learn their own mechanics better. Buster Strats are good if you have the right team, but its a First Order Optimal Strategy and loses to tricky play and bosses which can live through enough buster chains to unleash their own damage. Eventually you'll learn to love different servants for different things, and your initial Heracles will always be relevant for simple fights, but you'll have your Crit Meta and NP Spam teams too.