Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

Fixit posted:

Quick question, for a Queen of the Forest Uber Lab Runner build is Devoto's or Rat's Nest a better helmet? I will be running BV as my damage skill but also curious if BF is viable, for when fighting Izario

Thanks!

Just in case here is the profile link. TrixieRacer

If you're lab running BV, Izaro has a fixed speed. No matter what (unless you cheese the timing with mine or something), you will have to wait for the 2nd pedestal in Phase 1 and 2 of Izaro to rise before the phase will be completed. As long as you have enough damage to get him to that point before the 2nd pedestal finishes rising, you have effectively max DPS against him.

Since Devotos lets you run faster, as long as you can kill him within that limit then it's better to have the extra movespeed. If you don't have enough damage, then invest in better gems until you do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Ciaphas posted:

Yeah I'm starting to feel the regret a little on this one already. Well see though, wanna beat a10 at least

Not really that much different from other characters really, they have to stop to kill too vOv

Cast on crit that poo poo

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Ciaphas posted:

Yeah I'm starting to feel the regret a little on this one already. Well see though, wanna beat a10 at least

Not really that much different from other characters really, they have to stop to kill too vOv

Yeah, Blade Vortex is an incredibly strong skill for killing bosses because its high-end damage is absurd and it continues to hit (and leech) even when you're not actively attacking (so things like stuns don't mean death), but it's frustrating for map clearing because you need to stop and cast several times instead of just once or twice, and then you still need to move a little afterward.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
As a doomfletch, would a vinktar's with phys damage conversion effectively lower DPS? Or does the +110% ele damage happen before conversion?

I don't feel like doing the resist balancing for wise oak and figure this is a good option.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Salvor_Hardin posted:

As a doomfletch, would a vinktar's with phys damage conversion effectively lower DPS? Or does the +110% ele damage happen before conversion?

I don't feel like doing the resist balancing for wise oak and figure this is a good option.

"Gain x% of y damage as z" happens before conversion. Go nuts. Okay that's not strictly true but you still won't lose DPS since it'll still have the physical damage tag and doomfletch will add damage based on that.

McFrugal fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Sep 29, 2017

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

It's fine it won't hurt you but be aware the 10% lightning pen Vinktar and the flat lightning to attacks Vinktar are both a lot better for the build.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Then again, why would you? Your base physical only makes up a quarter of your total damage, devoting an entire flask slot is going to get minimal scaling with elemental attack damage. I'd rather use another flask slot, get a high elemental roll Atziri's promise, or balance your resists and get a Wise Oak.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Phobophilia posted:

Then again, why would you? Your base physical only makes up a quarter of your total damage, devoting an entire flask slot is going to get minimal scaling with elemental attack damage. I'd rather use another flask slot, get a high elemental roll Atziri's promise, or balance your resists and get a Wise Oak.

The shock is a good damage boost and it makes you have infinite leech while active.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Ultima66 posted:

The shock is a good damage boost and it makes you have infinite leech while active.

This, and I need the lightning resist atm.

I would totally get the added lightning damage but its a difference of 4.3ex to 15c

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
3.0.2 coming in ~2 weeks, adds some languages, 2 new uniques, bug fixes mainly around flasks and Crimson Dance

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That Cemetery bug is pretty neat.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

gotta run some cemeteries to see if i can get that lol

Silhouette Wires
May 9, 2014

Never Knows Best
Hey can I get a Guild invite? SavageBOL is my char name. Gonna fool around now that i have some free time.

Kevos Setzer
Dec 1, 2004

I can transform, right?
Can A_Touch_Of_Frost get a guild invite, too? Haven't played much of anything in the last few weeks and now I'm finally getting some free time.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

quote:

Fixed a rare bug where Cemetery maps could generate inside-out

as always, real POE patch notes indistinguishable from random word salad

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Any guide out there that frost blade raiders might be following? All I've seen out there are ones that go noncrit, which seems like a waste.

denizen
Aug 12, 2003
i am the only denizen
Just had an exalt drop, seems like my best investment is to use that + my chaos stash and buy a biscos?

i can still taste him
Feb 16, 2003
Buglord
Never don't Bisco's.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

denizen posted:

Just had an exalt drop, seems like my best investment is to use that + my chaos stash and buy a biscos?

only time you shouldn't wear biscos is when farming shaper or for very difficult bossfights like uber atziri or Ow-my-groin Ruin

denizen
Aug 12, 2003
i am the only denizen
So what's listed on poe.trade is 1.3-1.4 and up ex, how much is .3 or .4 for of an ex in chaos?

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

Goa Tse-tung posted:

only time you shouldn't wear biscos is when farming shaper or for very difficult bossfights like uber atziri or Ow-my-groin Ruin

I just bought a biscos with the minion damage enchant for shaper/uber farming, should let me kill them faster than the chayula I was wearing before (since i'm normally lazy and dead during the fight anyways)

:thunk:

door.jar
Mar 17, 2010
The cemetery bug had a full write up of how it happened and their investigation here:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1998012

This kind of "oh our poo poo broke, here's the cool details" update is what keeps bringing me back to PoE.

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...

Ciaphas posted:

Flicker strike stops for nothing

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Zephro posted:

But has to backtrack the entire map to get the loot

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

denizen posted:

How is clearspeed? If your build feels lacking, fix those aspects first.

Also, make sure you can meet resist and stat requirements with a bisco's.

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

denizen posted:

So what's listed on poe.trade is 1.3-1.4 and up ex, how much is .3 or .4 for of an ex in chaos?

Check out https://poe.ninja for currency prices.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

whypick1 posted:

I have over 350 levels of characters this league and have had 0 ex drop for me :argh:

Stop killing characters at level 35.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Zephro posted:

Jesus is an irresponsible driver :(

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Mr. Despair posted:

I just bought a biscos with the minion damage enchant for shaper/uber farming, should let me kill them faster than the chayula I was wearing before (since i'm normally lazy and dead during the fight anyways)

:thunk:

collar my dude, collar

edit I just went back to look up what the leash does and your post doesn't even make sense then what the gently caress

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Goa Tse-tung posted:

collar my dude, collar

edit I just went back to look up what the leash does and your post doesn't even make sense then what the gently caress

What? He bought a Bisco's with the Minion damage implicit from Vaaling it.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Wait, how do people better who are better at this game than me not recognize Vaal implicits?

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Stop killing characters at level 35.

:smith:

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...

Qwertycoatl posted:

But has to backtrack the entire map to get the loot
And also doesn't stop for things like Atziri flameblasts which costs you a fortune in portals and lost xp

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Kild posted:

What? He bought a Bisco's with the Minion damage implicit from Vaaling it.

well he wrote enchant and that crossed my wires :colbert:

especially since a corrupted sidhebreath would be even better and cheaper for shaper farming

Goa Tse-tung fucked around with this message at 11:14 on Sep 29, 2017

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

Goa Tse-tung posted:

well he wrote enchant and that crossed my wires :colbert:

especially since a corrupted sidhebreath would be even better and cheaper for shaper farming

Yeah, my bad! A corrupted sidhebreath isn't a bad idea too now that you mention it...

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Elentor posted:

That Cemetery bug is pretty neat.
It's not just cemetery
https://plays.tv/video/59cb939c6f1d9b26af/poe-wtf

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Is there room in the guild? Could use an invite, current character is.. uh. Spranklefairy

Infinite Karma
Oct 23, 2004
Good as dead

Speaking of Bisco's, one with a good roll (137 rare/95 normal/19 implicit) just dropped for me. I'm new and poor as poo poo (I have less than 1 exalt to my name, maybe 50c in valuable currency). It's my second valuable unique, after Doomfletch's Prism. Would I be better off selling it, or farming with it on?

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:

Infinite Karma posted:

Speaking of Bisco's, one with a good roll (137 rare/95 normal/19 implicit) just dropped for me. I'm new and poor as poo poo (I have less than 1 exalt to my name, maybe 50c in valuable currency). It's my second valuable unique, after Doomfletch's Prism. Would I be better off selling it, or farming with it on?

Farming with it on. It pays for itself extremely quickly.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Guild is full atm, I've asked sky to open up some room so give it a few hours

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

nope welcome to hell

*move two steps*
cast
*move two steps*
cast
*move two steps*
cast

repeat until you reroll

its like RF + work

Got to carcass jack level, tried it for a while, went "gently caress this" and skipped to the reroll step like I should have sooner. Not running BV again for a while :v: