Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
ok i think im sedated enough 2 attempt sleeping on my back

i shall i await it's presence and take on the demon to transcend this purgatory

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

man, all REM is good, but that early era was just something really special

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

triple sulk posted:

just another 50k employees + families + traffic + infrastructure buildout for an hq and lmao it would be a loving nightmare with basically no return for the city because they want every tax break in the world

yeah you don't want Amazon in your city. they just poach anyone worth working with from your company and poo poo up whatever area they're centered in. it sucks and doesn't do anything for you if you don't work there.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Agronox posted:

man, all REM is good, but that early era was just something really special

truly was <3

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

triple sulk posted:

if you wanna buy a switch buy it now

i was in a target earlier and they had like 8 of them

they're gonna be a bitch to find once odyssey is out + holiday season

i won't because i don't want one now so i'll probably just get around to it in Q1 2018

f#a#
Sep 6, 2004

I can't promise it will live up to the hype, but I tried my best.
i had never played sonic cd so the best surprise of sonic mania was the kickin' music in those stages

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZVSqQaRJfQ

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
work in small companies, make money and mean something :hai:

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Brain Curry posted:

We've had to leave ours overnight unexpectedly a couple times and it was a lovely mixture of loneliness and guilt :glomp:

I'm back home and everything is more or less normal, except I came home after I could pick him back up. Now I do things like make noise in the kitchen without any canine comment and it's just very odd, I haven't seen my dog for 7 days straight for the first time in 9 years and I underestimated how much this would effect me :( :( :( :( :(

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Schnorkles posted:

if you can

otherwise work where you can get paid and try to find a union.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Schnorkles posted:

work in a large company, fall upwards, and mean nothing because nothing matters

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

triple sulk posted:

work in a large company, fall upwards, and mean nothing because nothing matters

that is what I'm doing and it owns so hard

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

triple sulk posted:

it's probably gonna be d.c. or atlanta by the sounds of it if they want an east coast presence

Boston too :suicide:

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

posted by a facebook person who is kind of a right wing shitbird; I honestly don't know if it's a joke or sincere but I suspect the latter because 2017

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

i basically will start up treadmill for the rest of my life and i'm okay with that tbh.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

like I transferred out of my group into a different business unit then I loaned back in to my old group because they need me but I'm not staying permanently unless they promote me first. Hell yes suck it.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

GrimGypsy posted:

posted by a facebook person who is kind of a right wing shitbird; I honestly don't know if it's a joke or sincere but I suspect the latter because 2017

If you call him on it, he'll say its a joke.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
i work for a small company and don't like my job very much but i can mostly stand my co-workers and everything everywhere is horrible and career advancement is a vicious fiction so i'm going to hold onto this position with my loving fingernails until it falls apart like everything else keeping me together

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

GrimGypsy posted:

this def started as a joke but yr friend is prolly a nazi

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
arms crossed or lateral 2 induce sleep paralysis??

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Schnorkles posted:

i basically will start up treadmill for the rest of my life and i'm okay with that tbh.

the bubble is a thing so i'd probably be serious about finding something stable tbh

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I work for a loving enormous company and I fulfill the twin roles of doing a very specific task and having a great chatting relationship with most VIPs within the company and as a result I feel insanely confident in my future

at the very least, I will literally kill myself before I go back to retail

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Oxxidation posted:

i work for a small company and don't like my job very much but i can mostly stand my co-workers and everything everywhere is horrible and career advancement is a vicious fiction so i'm going to hold onto this position with my loving fingernails until it falls apart like everything else keeping me together

samo

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Slamhound posted:

If you call him on it, he'll say its a joke.

post memes that show nazis getting shot with a comment about the last group who did jewish conspiracies. If he gets triggered say its a joke.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

boston kinda has too many companies there already and seems like it'd be a mess, but maybe i'm wrong

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
working for any large company is basically just a race against the clock to get your debt situation under control before you pass a threshold on some guy's spreadsheet and get the boot.

i've been at my company for 10 years next month and i've still got 2-3 years before i can take the spreadsheet.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

triple sulk posted:

the bubble is a thing so i'd probably be serious about finding something stable tbh

i'm in biotech friend, it's a completely different world from tech

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

Agean90 posted:

post memes that show nazis getting shot with a comment about the last group who did jewish conspiracies. If he gets triggered say its a joke.

Ding ding ding!!! This is the correct response.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
like this place i work at basically lives and dies on the efforts of four tiny dominican ladies, a fiftysomething year old chinese immigrant who routinely hospitalizes himself from overwork, and a company president who's within kissing distance of ninety

you can practically hear the scythe sharpening in the background

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Oxxidation posted:

like this place i work at basically lives and dies on the efforts of three tiny dominican ladies, a fiftysomething year old chinese immigrant who routinely hospitalizes himself from overwork, and a company president who's within kissing distance of ninety

you can practically hear the scythe sharpening in the background

rip

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

I'm literally just okay at spreadsheets and people like talking to me and laugh at my dumb jokes. when they found out I could do basic HTML I was golden.

big companies staffed by boomers are dumb as hell.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

GrimGypsy posted:

:sever:

he'll just joke with the idea first, that's how it starts

just playing around with it man

just being ironic with it haha

then you deep down realize it and admit it and then you find like-minded people and then you run a woman over

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

triple sulk posted:

boston kinda has too many companies there already and seems like it'd be a mess, but maybe i'm wrong

ya just cut GE a fresh new slice too...so pls pls no more

thank goodness we dodged the goddamned olympics tho cause MA pols love grift like flies like poo poo and tbh for a while i was kinda worried

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

it's a former work person who I've left hanging because it's a window into that world

also they're deffo some flavor of fascist but I'm more curious about how/why recycling is a secret jewish conspiracy

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

GrimGypsy posted:

everytime i throw a water bottle into a normal trash bin i'm fighting globalism

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
grift graftin riff raffers

#drainthesewer

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

logikv9 posted:

everytime i throw a water bottle into a normal trash bin i'm fighting globalism

imagine i posted that kid holding up a fist as the rock and the other wrestling dudes walk out

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Unleash Chiang!

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

GrimGypsy posted:

it's a former work person who I've left hanging because it's a window into that world

also they're deffo some flavor of fascist but I'm more curious about how/why recycling is a secret jewish conspiracy

that's how your precious bodily fluids are acquired by the deep state

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Harald posted:

Unleash Chiang!

no dont

• Locked thread