Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Manuel Calavera posted:

It's one of your LPs. All your players always have a huge target, Agent.

Truer words.

If you have once dreamed of killing my skinks then I have good news. I put together a shtity google doc in about 10 minutes so people can sign up for weeks to challenge me.

it's first come first serve and if you don't want to get on discord (which I would prefer you do) then you better have PMs on SA so I can contact you before it's gametime.

Here's the link

The term 'week' is only a suggestion as sometimes I might play more than 1 game in a week if we happen to have no votable skills after a given game!

E: fixed people not being able to edit, I think.

Agent355 fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Sep 25, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ousire
Dec 11, 2013

Now, Red! Seal the deal with a catchy one-liner!
Is there a cap on levels or stats in this game? Like in theory if you farmed for it and were filthy lucky could you keep stacking stat ups on one unit over and over and over?

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

The highest rank is 7 which is obtained at a whopping 170something so. Each level after the last takes progressively longer to reach

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Agent355 posted:

You're a saint.

Obviously +Ag won and we now had a skink with a hug gently caress-off target on his back!

I recently got my claw mb skaven blitzer for my undies. :getin: little skink

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009

ousire posted:

Is there a cap on levels or stats in this game? Like in theory if you farmed for it and were filthy lucky could you keep stacking stat ups on one unit over and over and over?

You can only take the same stat up twice. Which is rarely relevant since rolling the same stat up 3 times is pretty rare.
Still had this happen to one of my trees

Tax Refund
Apr 15, 2011

The IRS gave me a refund. I spent it on this SA account. What was I thinking?!

Iretep posted:

You can only take the same stat up twice. Which is rarely relevant since rolling the same stat up 3 times is pretty rare.
Still had this happen to one of my trees

It's slightly more accurate to say that you can only boost a stat to 2 past its starting value. There's an entry in the official Blood Bowl FAQ from GW that asks "If I had a player with two +STR boosts, and then he got a -STR injury, and I rolled +STR again, can I take it?" And the answer is yes. Because that player is now only at +1 total STR, you can take a third +STR boost to put him at a total of +2 total STR. This is a ridiculously low-probability situation, but given how many games of Blood Bowl get played every week, it has to have happened at some point.

Also, no stat can ever go past 10. So if you roll a 10 on a halfling treeman's skillup roll (which allows you to take +AV or +MA), you're not allowed to take +AV since he already starts at 10. (And you'd be an idiot not to take +MA in that situation: a treeman who goes from 2 to 3 MA becomes incredibly useful. That's a 50% increase in move allowance for a treeman, and it makes him an amazing player). Or if you roll 10 twice on a Skaven Gutter Runner, you can take the first one as +MA to bring his move allowance to 10, but the second roll would have to be +AV or a skill.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

FoolyCharged posted:

Heresy. All pieces gain value from the ability to fly through the air to their deaths.

Just not tactical value.
Which makes me rethink proposing leap in favor of a skill that tempts agent to kill his skinks though its use.

Blodge Skink(s).

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
If only there were a Break Gravity skill that was to Leap as Break Tackle is to dodging.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

That would be great.

My tree rolled dubs, do I give him block or is he the amazing, flying tree?

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009
I don't care what anyone says, we need a leaping skink by the end of the LP :colbert:

Blackmage Yapo
Mar 27, 2008

Odin You Sad I Have
All The SPP

PotatoManJack posted:

I don't care what anyone says, we need a leaping skink by the end of the LP :colbert:

I actually had a regular leaping skink in Random Skill League. He got in a few good jumps before dying to a random block :(

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
apparently furril thinks jumping skinks are legit but i refuse to accept that they are no matter how much reasonable reasons people give.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ousire posted:

With BB2 LE, you can also make a custom team. Which is my likely plan for when I do the thing with Agent. As I'm both lazy and short on time to make a decent team.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Final LP match must be vs Goon Destroyers.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gridlocked posted:

Final LP match must be vs Goon Destroyers.

Doofs?
fake e - Chaos Doofs

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Manuel Calavera posted:

Doofs?
fake e - Chaos Doofs

No its someones actual custom Chaos team with all plus str clawpomb warrior's and elfy as hell beastmen.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEKPF6KDkJ0

ProZocK
Apr 22, 2013
Here, to make up for dicing you, multiple times, have some nice, calm text.

Gridlocked posted:

No its someones actual custom Chaos team with all plus str clawpomb warrior's and elfy as hell beastmen.

That would not be remotely fun to watch.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

ProZocK posted:

That would not be remotely fun to watch.

Watching lizards die? How is that not fun

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Gridlocked posted:

Watching lizards die? How is that not fun

It isn't Dwarves.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Game five - Skaven

Prozock plays a skaven team based on Discworld puns.

Post game spoilers -

I left this game feeling real salty about it, especially given how the end of half 2 and the start of half 1 went, but I think given skaven vs skill-less lizards is heavily favoring skaven I got about as much as I could hope for. Especially considering that the saurus mvp meant 2 of my sauruses leveled. If I could have exited this game with 4/6 block saurus I would've been feeling really good.

So all in all probably a reasonably average game that only feels bad to me still because I've had mostly bad games and I'm still waiting on a good one.

We rolled doubles so I'm gonna let you guys vote on a skill choice but also make it no secret that I would 100% ignore the doubles and choose block in this scenario. Players without block don't throw punches as often, if you don't throw punches you don't level off cas, if you don't level off cas it's a long wait for 16 spp when you can finally get block. But since people have expressed interest in having a wrassle saur, nows the time.

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

Transform and waaauuuugh out!
I'm going to be nice to you and say Block

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
Diving Tackle.

Voyager I fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Sep 29, 2017

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

Dodge so that next level up, you can get Block and have an infuriating Blodgeosaurus

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Let's make a DOdGeasaurus.

ProZocK
Apr 22, 2013
Here, to make up for dicing you, multiple times, have some nice, calm text.
Block for sure. The only other thing you could take for the first saurus lvl is +Str.

And as the lucker noob of the match I have to say, Im a pretty mediocre player trying to learn how to play better (like, i honestly believed having 2 gunners on the side was a good idea) so I will inevitably get myself into situations where Ill do stupid poo poo like fishing for sixes because I panic and cant think properly on how to proceed. But thats something that I have improved by playing in the goon league and getting tips from Agent, Yapo and Iretep, and watching this review of my play also made me understand some stuff much better. Cant wait to play the LP team again, if only to get the saltiness rolling XD

Steelpudding
Apr 21, 2010

I've got Balls of Steel!
I feel like not picking dodge would make Agent355 lose his mind.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Steelpudding posted:

I feel like not picking block would make Agent355 lose his mind.

Yeah I agree :stoked:

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10
Honestly, two gunners on a first drive on defense isn't that bad of an idea. It puts more strength on the field (though arguably not as relevant vs lizards), and keeps your gunners from getting mulched before you can even use them. My first rats game I stuck all four out from turn 1, and only had two of them available for the next game, nevermind the rest of that one.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

I mean, the safest thing to do is lock down the safe bet while it's here. So dodge.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
I really, really wanna say Jump Up, but I'll do things in the proper order and vote KING OF SKILLS

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Felinoid posted:

Honestly, two gunners on a first drive on defense isn't that bad of an idea. It puts more strength on the field (though arguably not as relevant vs lizards), and keeps your gunners from getting mulched before you can even use them. My first rats game I stuck all four out from turn 1, and only had two of them available for the next game, nevermind the rest of that one.

I'm a big advocate of playing to win, or maybe I should say 'play to achieve your goal' since I do saurus ball alot which is objectively not-winning in order to acchieve a higher goal.

In that sense I'd basically never keep gunnes out for a drive unless you had a very specific reason. In a goonbowl tournament I had a 1ttd gunner with +ma and sprint but no block. i would often keep him out on defense just to protect him, but that was only because his entire value to the team was on offense. What happened to provock is that he only had 2 gunners, one of them got injured, and 1 gunner is not enough to scoop up the ball AND score on the same turn, which should be the goal of the rat defense because you won't have the men to pick up the ball and cage safely.

It's safer to keep gunners off the pitch but it's at the cost of drastically increasing your chance of just losing the game. Which isn't worth it to me.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

e: Also with Dodge, we get a saurus that sure, wont be punching as much for a while, but he'll be just as hard to take down as a block guy AND can run away on a whim. And then get king of skills and break tackle to become the mightiest ball remover when agent uses his amazing agility talents to score repeatedly.

Alternatively, we can take agents advice to ignore the doubles and give him sure hands so he has fewer troubles with saurus ball.

Felinoid posted:

On the other hand, rats are really, really good at offense. They dont need the extra hands on deck when they receive, they need them to bolt with the ball the second it hits the ground. And rats really want a few gunner/sv levels for knocking that ball loose more than they want those spares early on.

FoolyCharged fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Sep 30, 2017

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

Block

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
Diving tackle.

Give me the chance to vote for a gimmick player and I'll do it. Diving tackle fucks over elves. Also, BB2's dodge prediction does not warn the other player about diving tackle. People constantly forget that you have it unless they have the floaty, skill boxes enabled. I'd pick it on my own guys if I could stop myself from min-maxing.

Dodge first would make a more interesting player down the line when he finally gets block, but that could take 10 to 15 games. Diving tackle is instant satisfaction even if it stunts his development.

Attack on Princess fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Sep 30, 2017

Tax Refund
Apr 15, 2011

The IRS gave me a refund. I spent it on this SA account. What was I thinking?!
Looking through the list of Agility and Pass skills, none of them are as valuable as Block. Sure, Dodge would produce a blodger eventually... but that's only at 16 SPP. Which means he'd have to rack up 10 SPP — five casualties — with no Block dice. That's going to take FOREVER. Meanwhile, we have six Sauri on the team, and doubles is a 1/6 chance. That means that on average, if we level every Saurus we can expect one of them to roll doubles. This time around it's Goddars, but at level 2 we can expect another doubles roll, and at that point we can make our blodger. If we give Goddars Dodge right now, he's going to take FOREVER to get his second level, which is no fun.

TL;DR: Voting for Block is the funhaver choice this time.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Dodge

Blodgersaurus sounds fun as heck and I am not giving that up for nothing

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!
Just take Block.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Almost forgot. We have enough money to buy a new skink to replace the deceased England. If anybody has some names they'd like to throw out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Tax Refund posted:

Looking through the list of Agility and Pass skills, none of them are as valuable as Block. Sure, Dodge would produce a blodger eventually... but that's only at 16 SPP. Which means he'd have to rack up 10 SPP — five casualties — with no Block dice. That's going to take FOREVER. Meanwhile, we have six Sauri on the team, and doubles is a 1/6 chance. That means that on average, if we level every Saurus we can expect one of them to roll doubles. This time around it's Goddars, but at level 2 we can expect another doubles roll, and at that point we can make our blodger. If we give Goddars Dodge right now, he's going to take FOREVER to get his second level, which is no fun.

TL;DR: Voting for Block is the funhaver choice this time.

A convincing argument, alow me to rebut.
A dodge Saurus could have saved the team reroll at the end for the hand off and won the game.

Fake edit: obviously we're ignoring that the hand off was a 6+

• Locked thread